Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that DE are back, lets remind them that the current vacuum is insufficient and we need a loot radar (For the pilot at least).

DraekoSilver

As the title says, the vacuum and loot radar systems both need looking into.

Halving fighter armor is all fine and dandy, but its still a nightmare picking up their loot during and after a mission.

Just a reminder that this is a rather big issue that seems like an easy fix (The vacuum range at least, just extend it like you have done before in a hotfix).

Spending weeks fixing railjack is great, stomping out bugs and making it more fair resource wise. But don't forget that we REALLY could do with a better vacuum and radar before any of that.

• Like 9

At this point I wouldn't mind if they just marked all Avionic drops like sentient cores. They are virtually impossible to spot in some light conditions or if you're more than a few hundred meters away.

Not an optimal solution, but I would still take it over what we have.

• Like 5

I would prefer them to mark Avionic and part drops like they do ayatan stars or sentient cores.  Even in a communicating group it can be really hard for other players to tell the pilot "Oh hey, there's a drop over there that I see..." especially since they can't mark those drops from the turret seat (which is another problem), and doubly so because they can't accurately state what direction its in since once you have the phantom eye intrinsic you have absolutely no way of telling up from down or left from right while you're in the turret.

And that should be ontop of actually having a proper loot radar and a proper map for the pilot.
As it stands the map for the pilot is pretty much useless.  They can't see players positions on the ship accurately once the players leave the pilot area until they leave the pilots seat, nor can they accurately tell where fires or hull breaches are until they leave the pilots chair.

DE at least had the sense to not require an enemy radar in railjack, hopefully they have the sense to put in things so that we can find the loot afterwards as well....

• Like 1

Everyone in the railjack crew should receive all the ressources someone picks up. 

I don't see why I should be bamboozled and unable to get the Quellor /Penannt blueprint, avionics and parts especially but also ressources, when I, as the pilot and engineer fullfill one of the, if not the most essential role to mission success. This current system rewards being a $&*^ and punishes being tactical, thoughtful and considerative. A vacuum does not help, no matter the range unless it was across the entire map due to the sheer dimensions of railjack missions. 

• Like 2

yes for a marking like ayatan stars or sentient cores, or even better: auto loot all drops at the end of a mission.

but HELL NO, not on the map. because it is already horrible to navigate in a 3 dimensional room, with a 2 dimensional map. it's a really bad implementation in a "modern" game.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Vespilan:

Everyone in the railjack crew should receive all the ressources someone picks up. 

I don't see why I should be bamboozled and unable to get the Quellor /Penannt blueprint, avionics and parts especially but also ressources, when I, as the pilot and engineer fullfill one of the, if not the most essential role to mission success. This current system rewards being a $&*^ and punishes being tactical, thoughtful and considerative. A vacuum does not help, no matter the range unless it was across the entire map due to the sheer dimensions of railjack missions. 

avionics, blueprints and mods a always shared loot, no matter where you are. what dead horse do you trying to beat?

ressources drops for now are not shared when picked up on a station, but that's all. every loot in space is shared.

Edited by SpawnTDK
  • Like 1

@SpawnTDK When I did a railjack run with some randoms a bit ago and asked them whether they get the loot they said no, so I assumed thats just how it is. 
If this is already the case for blueprints and avionics it should be extended to ressources aswell. Would make the 10 minutes cleaning up after missions less tedious too.

• Like 2

Just now, Vespilan said:

@SpawnTDK When I did a railjack run with some randoms a bit ago and asked them whether they get the loot they said no, so I assumed thats just how it is. 
If this is already the case for blueprints and avionics it should be extended to ressources aswell. Would make the 10 minutes cleaning up after missions less tedious too.

Resources, at least those picked up in space, are shared as well.
The one thing to remember is that Pustrels, Carbides, Cubic Diodes and Copernics go to the Forge, which can only hold 200 and any more than that is wasted.  Once the materials in the forge are refined they go to a players inventory.

The only resources that aren't shared with everyone are ones picked up inside of bases and galleons that you invade as side objectives.  Those go directly to the inventory of the person picking them up like standard mission resoruces and DE has stated that they are looking at changing that so that they act just like space resources and are shared.

• Like 1

18 минут назад, Tsukinoki сказал:

The one thing to remember is that Pustrels, Carbides, Cubic Diodes and Copernics go to the Forge, which can only hold 200 and any more than that is wasted.  Once the materials in the forge are refined they go to a players inventory.

No. When forge is full new pickups go to inventory automatically. I have just tested it.

• Like 1

Naw. I just want all space drops to go straight to your inventory. No pick-up needed.

It's asinine to force us to fly around looking for drops in such a large 3-dimensional area littered with so much stuff.

It works fine for regular Warframe content, but it really, really does not work for Railjack or Archwing.

I'm constantly flying around looking to see if I might have missed a Void Hole or a Vidar weapon, and it's frustrating.

20 hours ago, DraekoSilver said:

Halving fighter armor is all fine and dandy

I already 2-shot them most of the time, so it'll be interesting to one-shot everything.

I guess, at least, the rest of my guns will suck less? Photor will probably still be a pain.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

3 hours ago, Iretep said:

DE seems pretty crazy about not having big vacuums so an alternative is probably just have a huge scanner that marks all resources so people can just use that after combat.

For as long as this game existed, DE have fought tooth and nail to avoid giving vacuum mods and such any improvements or anything of the likes. As if they think that it makes the game better. ( What a god damn joke. )

ANY ways to have ressources, or even potential ressources ( as in rocks not broken yet ) marked would be nice, since they won't simply make a "if it appears on the map, it directly loot to you" mechanic. Like any smart game.

• Like 2

On 2020-01-07 at 8:30 AM, Lers said:

At this point I wouldn't mind if they just marked all Avionic drops like sentient cores. They are virtually impossible to spot in some light conditions or if you're more than a few hundred meters away.

Not an optimal solution, but I would still take it over what we have.

We are doing just that in the Hotfix we have planned on PC coming up real soon! We've added permanent in-world markers on Avionics and Salvage so that you and your squad mates can't miss them - this has been a huge request considering how important loot awareness is in general, and especially important since Avionics are such a core component to your Railjack. This is in addition to also adding Battle Avionics as potential drops from Elite Fighters in Deep Space. 

As for the discussion on the Railjack's vacuum range, that is something we are currently reviewing! 

• Like 28

30 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We are doing just that in the Hotfix we have planned on PC coming up real soon! We've added permanent in-world markers on Avionics and Salvage so that you and your squad mates can't miss them - this has been a huge request considering how important loot awareness is in general, and especially important since Avionics are such a core component to your Railjack. This is in addition to also adding Battle Avionics as potential drops from Elite Fighters in Deep Space. 

As for the discussion on the Railjack's vacuum range, that is something we are currently reviewing! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcST7-VS78jnKm_TeBn9hKw

52 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Woohoo!

Regarding the vacuum-- playing as a gunner can be pretty frustrating since you'll often see useful drops but be unable to pick them up. Has anyone brought up the idea of giving gunners a way to pull loot towards the ship? e.g. By aiming to produce a cone-shaped vacuum?

• Like 2

@DE_Danielle Has their been any discussion about revising "The Division" style of multiples of the same item having different stats? If people thought the grind was bad before you definitely do not want this type of loot system, what it does it increases not only the amount of grind by almost 10 fold, and it relies entirely on vast amounts of RNG luck to get the item you want with the correct stats. There is also a chance this system will also give you say a MK1 gun that has better stats than a MK3 gun. I would strongly suggest of going back to the system of modding weapons which everyone is familiar with or at the very least make sure stats are consistent with the level they are and not differ between multiples of the same item.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

This feels like a half measure. People are still going to have to focus on loot collection, disrupting the flow of the mission while in progress or resulting in pickup sessions after and loot is still going to fly off in random directions,

Loot and vacuum has been a hot button issue among the community for years. Personally, I would rather have loot added to inventory automatically and have orbs and ammo be the only drops in the base game and in Railjack. This solves a lot of the issues people have with vacuum and with loot being dispersed over large areas like the open worlds and now railjack.

29 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Woohoo!

Regarding the vacuum-- playing as a gunner can be pretty frustrating since you'll often see useful drops but be unable to pick them up. Has anyone brought up the idea of giving gunners a way to pull loot towards the ship? e.g. By aiming to produce a cone-shaped vacuum?

Honestly it would be 2 simple ways to resolve looting in general-

1. Double the vaccuum range since frustrating glares are a thing, combined with very small objects that are breakable further agitating it. 
  2. Thought glad they plan to make avionics/salvage be marked, it kind of feels like it ignores the part of resources where one will likely need to collect loads of mid-mission fights to churn out missiles since that serves as one of the only effective means in late to early veil missions till you have all the extremely op stuff. This is kind of why i want them to see about adjusting lighting and making resources easier to spot. While also simplifying breaking objects in space for loot, such as how i said in some other threads, that they need to remove the orange glowing rocks and increase the amount of objects around `wreckage objects`. That or just make everything of a wreckage able to be destroyed to drastically up the loot gain while making it `big and noticable` enough to spot, just like how the green gas-like objects are very visible as cubic diode sources and the glowing red mines as a good example of see-able loot. Very least there is also those grineer `satellites` which you can blow up the side objects also for loot which is again, very noticable, unlike those tiny very hard to see rocks.

I mean if they do not plan to just straight up give us a nice way to ping to have loot objects highlighted within a 5k~10k meter radius or a actual freaking radar, then it should make sense that loot should not be annoying to farm where it can take 15~25 minutes on average, after killing all enemies just to pick up the random tid-bits of objects, which you need around 3k~12k on single parts and each object in hotfix 5 only gives about 7 or so per rock/wreckage on titanium.

Though if anyone on PC would like to tell me how much the `titanium drop amount/rates` on these objects have been buffed on hotfixes 6 to 8, without counting a resource booster. That would be kind of nice to know.

Edited by Avienas

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Sounds like a positive first step.