Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #136 + 1 Million Celebration!

[DE]Rebecca

Can we plz widen the bottom of the entrances in RJ? I am finding if I am not bullet-jumping and passing through mid-flight then I am getting stuck at the entrance. I, then have to back up and aim a little better lol. It's not a big issue and most players don't talk about it but it makes playing RJ smoother.

42 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream136_1080p.jpgWho:  Rebecca is joined by the usual crew on the couch!

What:  This Devstream will kick off with a full review of the survey we put out over the Holidays! Over 28,000 of you took time to reply, so let’s see what data we have and what was said! We will use the survey to contextualize our goals for 2020 and show you what comes next (where’s the rest of Railjack)!

Join us for 3 hours after the stream to celebrate with visits from more faces at DE, a very special Stalker segment, and a wordplay game that we will surely need your help with.

Prizes? Oh yes! We have plenty of Digital Prizes to give out.

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe and mixer.com/playwarframe

Twitch Drop / Mixer Reward: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream!

When: Join us this Friday, January 17th at 2 p.m. We will be running until 6 p.m!

Ask your questions here – you have until 10 a.m Friday!

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

Nice. Didn't see the survey unfortunately. Your website is a bit hard to follow the newest things. 

Questions:

1. Any plans for Nvidia Ansel and super resolution photos / 360° photos? 

2. Do you intend to work alot more on the old systems? You've left liches and the planets in a pretty mediocre state. Would love to see physical expansions to the planets, and story expansions into the liches. 

3. When is tennocon? Looking to finally come this year all the way from NZ. 

4. How's the next frame(s) coming along? Would love to see a progress update or even a glimpse of the next boyo. 

5. You said that new war was going to be an actual war; can you expand on that? Is it going to be an expansion/redo of the invasion systems and similar stuff or is a completely new path for the game? 

6. Can you explain you're overarching plan for the game in 2020-2021 in 5 words or less per person? 

Love you all at DE. Hope this year and following years and bright, awesome and hella fun. 

Hi!

Will you be changing much of the Kuva Lich system? I think it would be great to see them do something unique, such as countering an attack from Excalibur when he hits them with the exalted blade by doing a finisher on him, redirecting the bullets from mesa's 4th back at her or other teammates, or trapping limbo in the rift with them for short amount of time - meaning no teammates could help for a few seconds.

I think it would be great if they were really designed to fight you, having abilities that counter yours would make it feel like they are tailored to you and are really your enemy.

Also you guys are great, 1,000,000 followers is well deserved. 😃

I've always loved how fast and dynamic Warframe is as a game - and while I've really enjoyed playing Railjack there are a couple things related to looting/vacuuming in Railjack I'd like to hear the team's thoughts on in the DevStream. In regular Warframe missions, if you run up to an enemy and melee kill them they immediately drop their loot and your sentinel vacuums it up. You don't have to worry about anything or wait around - you can move on to attacking the next enemy, helping keep the fun and dynamic flow of the game going. In Railjack, especially with the crew ships, this is exactly the opposite. When I board a crew ship and run up to the reactor and kill it (e.g. with melee on the reactor) I then have to wait around for the ship to go through a fairly long death animation which spits me out into space and then I have to search around for where the drops appeared and fly directly through them because the vacuum radius on my Archwing is tiny. This takes up a bunch of time I would much rather spend teleporting back to the Railjack to help my squad. It feels very counter to what Warframe is in so many other aspects of game play - you just sit around waiting for the drops rather than racing off to the next battle or mission objective. Is this what the team intended? Is there a way to avoid this wait loop? Ideally I'd like to see Tenno who board a crew ship and destroy them be rewarded with the drops upon the death blow like happens with enemies in other parts of Warframe - which would help with flow of the game since we could immediately race off to tackle the next enemy/objective.

Keep up the great work!

The Three Questions:

1. Focus Lens - Will it be possible to remove the lens from warframe/weapon in the future ? ( I finished focus a long time ago, so no need to collect any more)

2. Sentient Ship - Can you increase the chance of a rare container appearing a little bit ?  (Over 300 runs, 3 red containers - all captura scenes)

3. Elite Sanctuary - Can you increase the chance of drop ephemera ? (Trying to drop Blazing Step Ephemera many times, 1.01% it's too small chance)

I was curious about the new Damage Types in Railjack content - specifically:

1. Is it being used as a sandbox to iterate on before rolling out sweeping changes across the game?
  2. Have you had any time to analyze it so far to see what you like/dislike about it?

Personally I like the sci-fi themed names 🙂

49 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Are we going to get more environmental hazards in the Railjack missions? I know the storm was advertised and is probably in the work, but how about something cool and terrifying like Black Holes or Neutron Stars

This would be bloody awesome. Deffinately would love a mission where you're constantly having to fly at an angle away from a black hole and bullets are getting suckled towards it so you have to alter your gameplay to win

I would love a Gara Deluxe Skin and/or maybe her Noggle, which is long overdue. I need to fill my Orbiter with all of the noggles of her.
Gara is my fave frame and I main her. She needs more love in this community~.

Please make what I wish for a reality, DE! ;v;

🖤💙💎💎💙🖤

48 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream136_1080p.jpgWho:  Rebecca is joined by the usual crew on the couch!

What:  This Devstream will kick off with a full review of the survey we put out over the Holidays! Over 28,000 of you took time to reply, so let’s see what data we have and what was said! We will use the survey to contextualize our goals for 2020 and show you what comes next (where’s the rest of Railjack)!

Join us for 3 hours after the stream to celebrate with visits from more faces at DE, a very special Stalker segment, and a wordplay game that we will surely need your help with.

Prizes? Oh yes! We have plenty of Digital Prizes to give out.

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe and mixer.com/playwarframe

Twitch Drop / Mixer Reward: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream!

When: Join us this Friday, January 17th at 2 p.m. We will be running until 6 p.m!

Ask your questions here – you have until 10 a.m Friday!

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

Operator gameplay is heavily restricted due to the limitations of the Void damage type, and there really seems to be only one viable choice of Focus school outside of Eidolon hunts (Zenurik, for energy regen).

Any chance that Operator gameplay and progression could see some love? I'd really love for the Operator to be another tool in our toolbox, rather than necessary for a few bits of content and virtually useless everywhere else. Operator melee weapons, starchart-focused upgrades to our abilities, and a rework to Void damage/status would all be great directions to look into.

50 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

but how about something cool and terrifying like Black Holes or Neutron Stars

I sincerely hope you are joking with that.

You do realise that the railjack missions take place in the Sol system, correct?
When was the last time we had a black hole or a neutron star around here?

Can't wait to see the stream, that looks like an Ivara Deluxe skin.

My question is regarding the recent updates. What can we expect when liches/empyrean are eventually linked together between other elements in-game? Currently they're exactly what you didn't want them to be, that being another content island. When and what is "Lifting the Whole"?

I wholeheartedly am happy for Warframe; that it has made it this far but it’s time for a change. I’ve played since 2013 and I have watched as the game has grown. I have also watched my friends leave Warframe over time as well. I don’t understand why a company who cares so much about their players aka customers has not publicly addressed the most two recent issues within the game. The Warframe community is upset and rightfully so; they should be. I really did believe DE cared about the community at one time but now I see that’s not the case. 

I’ve watched many veteran Warframe partners appear to breakdown on twitch over these last two updates. How can I have hope for the future of Warframe when DE does not respect the community. If DE will not openly admit and try to rectify the fact that they dropped the ball with Kuva lich and Empyrean update, then I know what DE‘s stance is for now on. I only say this because I care  so much about Warframe.  I just wish DE would show they cared as much too. 

Dear DE.

My computer suffers from rural'itis. Its located on DSL at the end of old copper and can barely upload anything at all. DL is fine, UL is terrible.
Consequently; I cant host s**t, and every time I discover Im host for anything intense - Sortie, dense survivals, spy-missions, Railjack etc. - my team suffers with 1K ping and calls me unfair names. 😓

Please, PLEASE - could you consider adding a "Do Not Host"-option? I'm very willing to sit at the "Looking for group"-stage, as long as Im not the cause of someone elses frustration.

Thank you,
/Pål/

What survey? I received no such survey.

53 minutes ago, kxZyle said:

Hi! o/

Hold heavy attacks are currently very easy to trigger accidentally on most melee weapons, disrupting flow and resulting in loss of combo count. Do you have plans to make them toggleable? If not, why not?

Why we have to ask every day since the old blood dropped to have this fixed is beyond me.

What part of HEAVY ATTACKS are broken are they not understanding?....

Should we post a sycophantic fanboy report in the feedback forums? Oh wait there's 800 of them already. Likely wasn't worded politely enough though.

I don't care about failjack. Fix core issues that have persisted for months.

36 minutes ago, ExpGui said:

Hey DE!

As of late, the community has been asking more and more to focus on fixing the game’s bugs, balancing resource grinds, RNG, damage, enemies, etc., and integrating islands like PoE, Fortuna, Liches, and now Railjack to the broader game. Players want a focus to develop what is already in the game.

Warframe as a game survives by new content. However, perhaps it’s time we all be patient for new content. Finishing the New War, Railjack, and Orb Vallis’s third update (Third Orb) this year would be a fulfillment of Tennocon 2018 hype. Regular additions such as Primes and unvaultings, Nightwaves seasons, perhaps new frames and weapons, would all be acceptable. But adding more systems to the game right now should not be a priority.

DE, please could we have a “Year of Health”, in which you work with the community to polish this game?

Thanks Rebb for reading this, hope this gets into the Devstream somehow.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Unfortunately for the game, there are too many old system still available and too many new systems currently unfinished. 

Let's say for example : The rewards from any type of mission. I agree with the fact that the rewards from disruption mission are very good and they resonate with the community. This being said, old mission, and especially endurance mission ( survival ,defense etc.) are literally pointless. Who wants to get 15, 50, or even 80 endo from a 5 minute run, rotation A when the cost for upgrading mods is much higher than that. As a solution i would propose to either remove all endo from the rotation pool, increase the ammount of endo recieved, add a scaling to the rewards recieved or make that every endurance mission will have the rotations on A B C C C .... . Besides endo, there are many pointless rewards ,like patches of 5k credits or one resource, or mods that drop from random lv5/lv10 mobs. I think i made my point clear here, lets proceed further. 

Let's talk about kuva, and I know that this is a topic that should be left for dead, but i geniuenly hope for a change. I appreciate the fact that you put kuva in nighwave as a big reward, but this kind of makes the kuva farming almost pointless since the ammount of kuva recieved is so small compared to the prior example. As a solution, I would either increase the ammount of kuva recieved from survival or kiva siphons, or i would reduce the cost of Riven mods reroll.

There are still some warframes that have old concepts that desperately need a rework, for example Inaros, Zephyr, Chroma, Hydroid, Nekros etc. Even some of the newly "reworked" ones, like Nyx or Titania. I believe those 2 still continue to underperform compared to other nuke or tankier warframes and they don't bring that much utility to the team.

The last issue I want to discuss here is the problem to new systems being added,changed after a week and then completely forgotten. Kuva liches is a prime example. They do not live up to their name, it's only an annoying grind that leads to more grind until you get that mr fodder weapon.

There are also many more problems to be addressed, and I would be very happy to discuss them openly, but please let's concentrate on those main issues mentioned above, and hopefully we can work together, joining the DEV team with the Warframe community team in order to make this game a much more pleasurable experience.

Sincerely,
Me :P

Could we please get clarification in regards to what to expect from Empyrean phase 3 and future Railjack updates?

It would be beneficial to shed some light on this subject.

There are a lot of people expressing disappointment about what we got versus what they expected because apparently they aren't aware, or forgot, that Empyrean was split in 3 phases and we are at phase 2.

Likewise, there are people, like myself, under the impression that phase 2 was just the beginning, a "take flight" introduction to Railjack and that soon we will have phase 3 that will be expanding on the concept/vision of what you have showed us on past Devstreams and Tennocon 2019. 

Maybe the reality is somewhere in between? Am I being too optimist here?

Thanks in advance, see you Friday!

Archived