Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being around Khora is a cursed experience

WarmongerExtraordinare

the most awkward and terrible "crowd-control frame" EVER, cause you know, ragdolling everything is a really good idea. what is this on the floor? is it a stuck-ragdolled living enemy that i should do something about or is it just a dead body? only way to know is to aim on it, and the only way for you to even get the idea to check the body is your enemy radar. absolutely terrible, even worse than playing with limbo. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Strangledome holds enemies on the ground as well. It depends on which part of the dome pulled them.

should still be a bit above the ground, as the lowest Vertices are still above the ground but - i'll accept that depending on exact Terrain that this might change depending on how uneven said Terrain is.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

i'll accept that depending on exact Terrain that this might change depending on how uneven said Terrain is.

The Helene/Hydron map is one example.  Not only do you get victims held against the ground on the upper level, but also held up in  ceiling/stair nooks of the lower level.

Worse, in those maps  they'll often be largely submerged in the geometry.  

And unfortunately Dome seems to be semi-popular there and other defense missions. It wouldn't be quite so bad except it seems to attract some players who don't do much else. 

• Like 2

Vauban and Hydroid are far worse offenders of, "Is that enemy alive still? We're just not gonna do anything about that then?

Either way, ignoring the dangle-dome enemies is relatively common in Khora users game wide, not to say that's a universal experience. She has ways to deal with them, and 2 companions.. but perhaps that dome is covering a door that they're nowhere near, chock-ful-o'-enemies just bobbing around like tired flies in a spider web.

10 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

The Helene/Hydron map is one example.  Not only do you get victims held against the ground on the upper level, but also held up in  ceiling/stair nooks of the lower level.

This is also a great point. Some tilesets make for particularly odd interactions.

What might we propose to keep the intent and execution the same, while addressing the inconvenient oversights in the dome?
I deleted my Khora, so I'll leave that up to people who like her.

51 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

And unfortunately Dome seems to be semi-popular there and other defense missions. It wouldn't be quite so bad except it seems to attract some players who don't do much else. 

gross that such Players are too bad of a Player to just use the Abilities in the specific way they were made to be used, just friggin' Whipping the Dome to Kill things instead of slowing down a Mission.

39 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

What might we propose to keep the intent and execution the same, while addressing the inconvenient oversights in the dome?

make it not drag Enemies through Terrain, perhaps. weaker CC then but that does solve that....
ocourse if said Khora is smart they can just Whip the Dome and Kill everything (as intended). but w/e

God I'd hate for Khora to lose the ability to drag enemies through terrain. What's nice about Strangledome is that it's such a damn "no exceptions, you are shut down" radius, and then, yeah, if you're a good Khora, you shake the tree and the bits fall out. 

Enemies are harder to kill in Strangledome than in Bastille and harder to hit with non-Whipclaw weapons than if they were just wandering around on the ground. Very much the opposite of Ensnared enemies being a tightly packed ball, and not even as nice as Bastille's T-posed, headshot-friendly victims. She definitely has some trolling potential, or the ability to hamstring herself. It's probably also not a coincidence I often use the Battacor with her.

But daaaaaamn it would suck to lose that feature. Like, if you're using Whipclaw properly, it's not a problem that you can't see enemies. You can put a Strangledome on the floor above a crowd and have them raked up into the ceiling, then shred them with Whipclaw propagation.

• Like 1

She can be infuriating. See a big strangledome go up and you sometimes think, “Oh, okay, I guess we’ll just do whatever you want to do.”

Usually depends on the mission. Guess it’s just part of the intrinsic joy of the game.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe