Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is (are) the best squad(s) for Plague Star?

--K--Sharkfin

Question

I have seen quite a lot of different frame recruit in the recruit channel, loki, speedva, slowva, revenant, rhino, titania are the common ones

afaik I understand some of them and this is currently the setup my clan is doing with:
Titania - dps to Hemocyte
2nd Titania - dps to another head of Hemocyte
Loki - speed up drone travel ( with amesha to slow down an opening Hemocyte )
Speedva - speed up Hemocyte spawn

But i don't understand why people need slowva and revenant, could anyone explain? Thanks

Edited by SHArK-FiN

19 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

But i don't understand why people need slowva and revenant, could anyone explain? Thanks

Slowva slow down the hemocyte and helps keep up the weakspots exposed a little longe. Revenant? Danse Macabre to help clear the infested does speeding things up.

Maybe with Nova they want to slow the Hemocyte down as the heads open up, which you can also do with the focus school zenerich by slapping the Hemocytes big toe. 😛 

Revenant not sure about.

Me and the m8 just use two Rhinos and stack the roar with over a minute of duration and big power strength, the heads come off really fast for all of them when they open up and say die, when do the mixer we load 4x4 to get the four Hemocytes in the final fight, saves time more reward.

I don't understand why you need speedva. She speeds up the hemocyte out of the boil, but enemy respawns as soon as you kill them (and you don't even need to kill that many in Plague Star). You can replace speedva for an AoE dps frame, like Saryn or Revenant.

Slowva is good to slowdown the hemocyte, i.e. weakspots exposed for a longer period. In a decent team, a single cast of Molecular Prime will be enough to destroy all three heads, without a Titania in the squad.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

Slowva is kind of pointless when Amesha can slow down the Hemocyte also when the head opens. Maybe the people asking for a slowva don't know that. Hit 3, destroy head, deactivate and reactivate when the next head opens. 

Revenant is new to me though, unless it's just for him to kill the random enemies or maybe he kills the hemocyte like he does with assassination targets.

Personally, I bring a Frost for Avalanche. Works wonders when trying to get enough percentage to summon the Hemocyte, and does really well with crowd control. As someone else mentioned, bringing Zen school can slow down the Hemocyte, also works on annoying thumpers that tend to show up. Rhino's stomp is usually used to slow down the hit windows, and Titania because most of the attacks can't reach her. Slowva could be used to slow stuff down as well.

I bring a barely-modded Sarpa (literally just Primed Fury and Shattering Impact) to strip the armor so my Corrosive can knock em out. Not that any of the enemies are really hard, but having Radiation vs Grineer as a boon, then against infested as a deficit isn't ideal...I'd much rather just use Corrosive across the board on everything. Pyrana Prime is probably the preferred damage dealer, since theres a bunch of little damage pellets that arent hit by the reduction as much as say a single shot high damage weapon.

People tend to bring Nova/Loki as a failsafe to unstick the drone on the 3rd part of the bounty, although there are other ways to unstick it that arent frame specific (crouching under the drone then standing, or the whole squad moving away from the drone to reset its pathing). I honestly havent seen a group with Revenant, so I can't explain that one.

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I don't understand why you need speedva. She speeds up the hemocyte out of the boil, but enemy respawns as soon as you kill them (and you don't even need to kill that many in Plague Star). You can replace speedva for an AoE dps frame, like Saryn or Revenant.

It takes much longer if anyone keeps killing all infested and destroying all pods. That significantly lengthen the time between each hemocyte was spawned.

One of my friends suggested to try speedva and it works perfectly to save times.
After hitting 25% purge, speedva speed up the hemocyte spawn, titania melts hemocyte the moment each head is open, the "cobra" head takes so long to open without the help of speedva. Important note is that no one kills any infested until current hemocyte is down. Kill all the stacked up infested and the next hemocyte should spawn 1~2 seconds right after the previous one is dead. Speedva cast 4 again. The whole 4-boss part duration should be minimised in this way. Having said that, I believe the existence of speedva relies on one/two high dps titania.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

a Loki to make the Drone segment not so mindmeltingly slow.
an Amesha to hold the Hemocytes' Heads open but not slow down the fight. the Hemocyte can't build resistance to Warding Grace since it doesn't have a Duration, which is extra nice.
optionally any sort of Damage buffing Ability to share.
someone with a Sarpa to apply Shattering Impact with if there aren't 4 Corrosive Projections.

a Nova to speed up the walking of the Hemocyte would be fine. (Power Donation pls)

nothing else is needed or even really useful. you can break each Head in about a second with a good Gun without any Damage Multiplying Abilities, you don't need any sort of Damage Ability for the Hemocyte.

o as for your question - idk, slowing the Hemocyte down with Molecular Prime is 'eh' in usefulness. and Revenant is useless in this Mission, so that beats me. there's better choices for an AoE Ability to Kill the necessary Enemies to move to the next Hemocyte.
it is accurate to say that Mesmer Skin is the only thing that ever makes Revenant relevant for anything anywhere in the game.

Edited by taiiat

Slowva isn't a good version of a slow-down because she doesn't have much control over the slow. You want to be able to turn it on and off at will.

Amesha and Equinox can both do this, and they slow more than slowva. They stack,  with Zenurik's slap, too, but that one's on a timer instead of a manual off.

My preferred set up is: Loki(with Amesha), rhino, Equinox, Titania.

Every focus school has something to offer, so I personally bring Unairu and let everyone do their own thing with it 

Running a Hildryn/Nova duo at the moment with my missus. Max range Hildryn keeps everyone away/dead when mixing and Nova for speed control. Truth be told we're mostly running Nova for her teleport in case drones get stuck (We've had this a couple of times).

Playing solo? Still Hildryn, and I take to the skies with Amesha for hemacyte to slow it down and avoid getting mobbed while ripping it apart with Fulmin's auto fire.

4 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

No need for slowva, just speedva with "Power Donation" giving 60% speed insteaad of 40%. You slow is used with Amesha ability 3. Watch the moment he mouth opens then press 3. It slows it for a few seconds and if your not done killing the head you can recast it and it will slow down again. If your done with the open heads uncast 3. Also Titania is not needed any longer. Wisp over 300% speed buff is on par with Razorwing Blitz. So other weapons can take care of the boss much quicker now.

Now Ideal is

• Wisp +300% power strength, corrosive projection- this allow everyone to sit in health mote and not kill infested for next wave to help bring boss out quicker
  • Loki teleport, corrosive projection
  • Speedva, Power Donation (also why do Nova's reject  helping Loki teleport? when done right is super quick. practice makes perfect)
  • Any other frame for fun with corrosive projection (Some were thinking Saryn's Corrosive augment, I tested Mirage Explosive Ledgerman to instant boss spawn)

Even when you tell people to stop killing infested and spawning pods they keep going right into the spawning pads lol Kids I tell you!!!! lol

Edited by kwlingo

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

Even when you tell people to stop killing infested and spawning pods they keep going right into the spawning pads lol Kids I tell you!!!! lol

I know that feeling when I play with people other than my friends. They even think killing all infested and pods are doing good to the team.
I mean look at me in AW, none of the infested could dmg me so why even bother killing the infested while the hemo is up?

• Like 1

You want speedva to make hemo come out faster (or bump him with elytron 4) and to speed up opening his weakspots, slow nova is literally useless.

Also all you need is fast firing weapon (i run prisma grakata/aksomati/kuva brakk/pyrana prime/imeprator vandal/acceltra and many others) and just 150%+ rhino roar (+firerate arcane), and it will melt each head before it can close again (well it will melt it under second tbh). Also Gauss/Wisp/mirage work very good but i still like rhino more, cause hes more convenient (no knockbacks, unkillable, dmg buff, can afk with him LUL).

Titania is not bad but lacks firerate but shes not bad for "begginers" if they dont have rivened weapons or such.

Loki for teleporting drone (skilled nova will do just fine also). 

One guy is shooting the "green head" while second is shooting the "scythe head" the third "batman" head will open up just in time when "green head" is destroyed, so you can duo this guy just fine as 4 ppl can. For clearing trash mobs around you just spamm elytron 4 (huuuuge aoe btw and its fun) or im using my oldschool scoliac with crazy range and just spin to win around (try NOT to break pods).

If you have rivened pyrana/kuva brakk (for brakk you need autofire tho) you dont even need outside buffs, just strip its armor with sarpa (with roar/buff you dont even need to strip its armor).

Oh and mirage Ledgerman is OP for this (insta kills mobs as soon as they start coming from pods) but it seems it also stuns/breaks Hemo and he just stands there for few seconds before he starts opening.

Last year i was running this event around 14 mins solo iirc, but now i know few new "features" so might be even less now, but who cares... 

From my experience on PS4 either in recruit chat teams or PUG via bounty there are many options.

When still learning the fight I used Rhino.

Then switched to Slow Nova.

Recently I have started using Volt Prime to kill enemies as they spawn and speed up the fight. Really any CC frame can do this job.

The most important thing is to stop the "uninformed" killing the hive spawn pods.

As others have mentioned a Loki or Nova for drone can be useful. Although based on my hundreds of runs it is very very unlikely you will find a loki / nova / non glitching run where the drone speed up consistently works.

Titania seems popular this year.

Surprised no one has mentioned Oberon for armor stripping.

Still good to have players with corrosive projection, and yes even rhino can equip this aura.

Rhino is still a good all round option.

Common weapons include Rubico Prime, Acceltra, Kohm, Soma Prime. Although I am not sure what the logic was I did see one player with Chroma and Dread.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.