Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrying people without Railjack on RJ missions needs to stop

lukasystem

On 2020-01-29 at 10:05 PM, o0Despair0o said:

I joined a crew earlier today and I was the only one doing something, besides the pilot.

The other 2 guys were just standing there... leeching...

or were just clueless, which in the warframe universe is easily done for pretty much everyone who doesnt know to visit the forums and wiki because warframe explains nothing, that involves work, better to just info dump on a forum post and forget it.

On 2020-01-29 at 4:53 PM, lukasystem said:

It's getting so much on my nerves that I have to go solo in order to avoid useless and wasteful players, using all my artillery munitions and battle avionics for no reason, and specially doing nothing at all and getting the exact loot that I've earned doing everything myself and considering all the time i've spent in getting the RJ i have today. Sometimes I might get some decent player with a brain for a change, but 8 out of 10 missions it's always one or two people standing in there just wasting resources and they go like "nono, i'm support, i'm cleaning the ship", which is really infuriating. I mean, they don't even have anything AW related past odonata/imperator (not that it matter anymore but still).

So basically: Make it so that in order to get into a Railjack mission you MUST have a  Railjack, PERIOD. Cut the crap about this "sympathy" for the ones without RJ, I don't want to see -10 rank players on Veil Proxima ffs.

I agree and disagree with ya my guy. New players are needed for the population and new content, and yes, even when it comes to Railjack. It pulled a lot of new players in the game that want to try it out and it wouldn't be wise to block them from that content just because a few people aren't helpful.

That being said, if mastery rank is to mean anything at all in the game. Setting a low bar of entry wouldnt be the worst thing ever, my opinion is just that it wouldn't solve the problem you think it will. Ive seen mastery rank 24 players with a ton of misconceptions about the game. It really just comes down to nothing being explained to people. 

Players that dont have railjacks have no idea ammunition or energy recharge costs materials for the pilot and new players that queue are just kind of dropped into missions in progress with no direction so they dont do anything since they have no idea what they SHOULD be doing. And that is the real problem.

• Like 1

hace 24 minutos, Mithrah dijo:

I agree and disagree with ya my guy. New players are needed for the population and new content, and yes, even when it comes to Railjack. It pulled a lot of new players in the game that want to try it out and it wouldn't be wise to block them from that content just because a few people aren't helpful.

That being said, if mastery rank is to mean anything at all in the game. Setting a low bar of entry wouldnt be the worst thing ever, my opinion is just that it wouldn't solve the problem you think it will. Ive seen mastery rank 24 players with a ton of misconceptions about the game. It really just comes down to nothing being explained to people. 

Players that dont have railjacks have no idea ammunition or energy recharge costs materials for the pilot and new players that queue are just kind of dropped into missions in progress with no direction so they dont do anything since they have no idea what they SHOULD be doing. And that is the real problem.

Yeah, the fact that there's no tutorial at all is the seed to all of the problems regarding what to do. My whole point is just a rant about how unfair it is for people to just bear with it all after so much effort put into this, not to mention they also "fixed" the navigation being able only for host, now clients can go and just suddenly interrupt any attempt to pick-up avionic leftovers and titanium/asterite after end of mission, which is another infuriating mistake they need to "fix" again.

So far i got myself Void hole and my Railjack is "complete" with full Zetki/Vidar as of today, so i'm kinda out of the problem for now. Still was a really bad experience to bear with on the road.

On 2020-02-05 at 11:46 PM, Mrmelada said:

I myself built my Railjack during the Rising Tide update, that means that the only way you could've obtained the new resources needed then was to farm eximus units in specific planets, and mine in Fortuna and PoE, and while that grind was a bit tedious, it felt totally fair imo.
This method of aquiring the resources should be the "default" one.
The entry barrier is high as it is, but honestly I'd rather people would farm 3 hours for the nessecery new resources (its really not that hard with a booster, smeeta, and a proper squad) than to just straight up leech (intentionally or not) and get those resources in 30 minutes.

Well since hot-joining is allowed all this time, I don't think that's an oversight. Besides, I'm not into the whole; since I did it the hard way everyone else needs to. For me, if I am the pioneer doing the bulldozing and perhaps making it easier for others, I've already got my bragging rights for the initial weeks or months. No need for more arbitrary barriers to keep things "exclusive".

Sorry I digressed.

That being said, I think there needs to be some form of check to prevent under-equipped people, weapons or intrinsics (which is like an indicator for experience) from joining. This is not to make life difficult for them. But to prevent clueless people from being dead-weight in a party for higher-end content and ruining it for everyone.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb rodzzila:

My only real "problem" so far in pugs is the fact that almost no one goes for the crew ship. So the mission last a lot longer, but other than that. It wasn't that bad in my experiences.

That's bad enough. I don't agree with the OP to cut out anyone without a Railjack, that wouldn't help at all.

I expect anybody joining Veil RJ to do his part. You need at least one intrensic at level seven for that in a PUG.

That means you played this mode for hours already and you DO know the ropes.

If you join a nicely fitted RJ with Void Hole etc., I expect a bit more than sitting your asses of in the turrets...

Btw. I didn't use my own railjack before Veil. Instead, I cleared the maps as crewman and focused on boarding, secondary mission targets and some engineering inbetween. So, basically what common sense and politeness dictate...

My ship has been renamed to "Salt Bucket" by now, with a nice Toxin glyph on top (which doesn't show in missions though, grrr) as a hint about my open attitude towards lazy bar stewards joining.

Edited by Toran
added more NaCl
  • Like 1

On 2020-02-05 at 12:05 PM, Methanoid said:

or were just clueless, which in the warframe universe is easily done for pretty much everyone who doesnt know to visit the forums and wiki because warframe explains nothing, that involves work, better to just info dump on a forum post and forget it.

Uhhh, actually WF explains quite a bit in the game if you take the time to pay attention.  The problem is that so many either ignore the beginning tutorials/guides in the beginning missions or jump straight into random pugs that rush so fast that a newer player misses the details.  

I say this because I played the game from the beginning solo.  I noticed all kinds of things while solo.  Did one mission with the IRL friend who introduced me to the game who rushed to the end of the mission.  Said nope to that because I didn't notice anything while trying to keep up with him.  

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Uhhh, actually WF explains quite a bit in the game if you take the time to pay attention.  The problem is that so many either ignore the beginning tutorials/guides in the beginning missions or jump straight into random pugs that rush so fast that a newer player misses the details.  

I say this because I played the game from the beginning solo.  I noticed all kinds of things while solo.  Did one mission with the IRL friend who introduced me to the game who rushed to the end of the mission.  Said nope to that because I didn't notice anything while trying to keep up with him.  

a tutorial on how to do basics like activate a power, melee attack, crouch or how to pick up a weapon does not magically give people the know-how to all the intricacies of how to play plague star properly, any other event or stuff like archwing, game types like disruption, all the hidden away game mechanics, warframe abilities that yield the most basic and often useless information compared to the wiki, DE's obsession with turning a once clear UI into a game of "guess the icon".......   the list of failings and lack of in-game info used in a useful way can literally go on forever.

I feel like you guys are making this out to be a bigger deal than it really is. I built a railjack but never use it nor upgrade it due to the amount of resources it costs. I just join some rando team and go kill crew ships and do the away mission consoles and even kill the generators myself while the pilot kills the 90 little ships. Even in the final area the missions are dirt easy with 2 random people. The other two people can sit there for all I care. 

5 hours ago, Methanoid said:

does not magically give people the know-how to all the intricacies of how to play plague star properly, any other event or stuff like archwing, game types like disruption, 

Or you could actually listen to what the NPCs are telling you during the missions.  This exactly what i did for each of those things you mentioned.  They freaking tell you what yo do if you just listen to them.  Which seems to be something alot of players don't do.  

Edit: I have no problems saying when DE has FUQ'd up.  This is just one case where I don't think they have. 

Edited by DatDarkOne

14 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Or you could actually listen to what the NPCs are telling you during the missions.  This exactly what i did for each of those things you mentioned.  They freaking tell you what yo do if you just listen to them.  Which seems to be something alot of players don't do.  

Edit: I have no problems saying when DE has FUQ'd up.  This is just one case where I don't think they have. 

i must have missed the voices in my head telling me how ash's bladestorm works properly or how the mechanics of 95% of past events actually worked, there are examples of what you say gives "some" clues here and there, but those instances are vastly outnumbered by people sat left scratching their heads unless they are inevitably forced to go visit the wiki or a forum thread.

My understanding is intrinsics are checked, I remember early on trying to get into a vail mission and I forgot I only had a 6, so it didn't let me join. As far as lazy crew members go I think unfortunately that is the cost you have to make in a multiplayer game, it's not fun but it's the reality. Considering how time gated getting a Railjack is it's no wonder people join other ships to gather resources ahead of time it's the smart thing to do. There is one other problem I've begun to notice about playing Railjack is it's get boring very quickly. When I started playing I realized early on that once I got my intrinsics far enough I could gather MK3 stuff pretty quick thus outfitting my ship with advanced weapons and avionics, thus making going to the first two planets pointless. Now with that being said you've now reduced your playing area from 3 planets to one and even then to maybe two nodes to farm efficiently unless your farming the Sentient ship.  Even if they add the Corpus it will simply be like playing the same game but with re-skinned assets. I'm not really sure what the answer is, all I know is I've come to the log in playing a couple of Railjack nodes and log off.

Serious question here: Why do railjack stuff at all?

Isn't it the new Archwing missions? As in, you'll need it periodically to clear some starchart stuff and finish a quest, but then just avoid it like everyone does Archwing?

It sounds like you don't actually enjoy railjack, so why do it?

It’s pretty hard question you know. I’m a bit above average player and if I built RJ without any difficulties (by farming diodes and carbides on eximus lol) but bring RJ to end game mode is very hard, so most of people won’t use their own RJ. So at start new players will be completely *** at start when he need to gather 6kk credits. Not everyone knows about Index, and furthermore even if he finished own RJ and start first Earth mission he probably just will be dead in few minutes and barely will understand what happened and what is going on overall. And I doubt that he will use his RJ any time soon! So even if player has RJ it won’t give him 100% of understanding of the game mode, just like if player doesn’t have RJ means he won’t have any knowledge about it.

I hope DE will make solo quest for RJ that will be training mode where player has to piloting  at first, than shoot from side turret, than fixing breaches, than forge some stuff and than finally take down a crewship. That’s all would be controlled by Cy. 

Edited by SpiritTeA

20 hours ago, Pendragon1951 said:

My understanding is intrinsics are checked

Yes and no.

They are checked for the one pressing play, but there's nothing stopping him from bringing along two completely useless players.

I get what op is saying. Have been in that exact situation.

3 join my mission, 2 of those don't move from turrets, just wasting resources. (Mind you I have void hole, so they're not only useless, they're an actual detriment by wasting my missiles and flux).

The 3rd one did nothing else but fix hull breaches. Big help, when I have the hull breach quanta, or w/e it's called and void cloak.

So I end up doind every single objective and piloting myself... 

Once, ok, twice, sure. Now I'm petty enough to simply cut my wi-fi off for a minute, migrate them out and just solo the thing. Say bye to that anomaly shard.

Edited by Ver1dian

Why not give us a terminal that allows us to enable or disable gunners controls having access to tactical and battle avionics, and munitions. 

OR make each control terminal have its own pools of ammo. That way when they waste it, theyre the only one affected. 

To put this into perspective, guns on a helicopter use their own ammo. While the pilot or whoever has their own ammo for the biggg gun. Etcetera. 

Edited by PookieNumnums

On 2020-02-07 at 11:12 AM, Chaemyerelis said:

I feel like you guys are making this out to be a bigger deal than it really is. I built a railjack but never use it nor upgrade it due to the amount of resources it costs. I just join some rando team and go kill crew ships and do the away mission consoles and even kill the generators myself while the pilot kills the 90 little ships. Even in the final area the missions are dirt easy with 2 random people. The other two people can sit there for all I care. 

This. I've never upgraded my railjack, because I can't be bothered to mess with all the repairs and avionics and whatnot. I just join pubbie teams and mostly turret gun and engineer on the host ship. Upgrading your own ship (in my opinion) doesn't add anything to the game, when I can already join and play in someone else's tricked-out ship. As a rank 9 engineer, I feel I bring what's needed to the fight, especially now that we can add the omni tool to our gear wheel and use a keybind to instantly bring it up. Finally!

If people are just either doing their own thing or doing nothing while on your rj, its leeching. While i dont support a ability to kick people, there needs to be a way to force ppl onboard be productive.

Fwiw this is what happens when they let ppl have rj experience without having/using own/bother....reason why i solo (and a good reason to get ai crew into game asap - as much as ppl crow about it being co op - you have probably many more single solo players in playerbase)

If people are just either doing their own thing or doing nothing while on your rj, its leeching. While i dont support a ability to kick people, there needs to be a way to force ppl onboard be productive.delete as dpuble post

Edited by NigglesAU
Yes