Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

1 minute ago, Fader- said:

because clearly you have nothing interesting to afford to this thread besides outdated repeated memes and memetastic generic responses

I am not the clown in this thread. I am the audience, so the duty of posting the interesting stuff lies on your shoulders mah dude! 😂🤣🏼

1 minute ago, Avenaki said:

The return of a mod that was stated before to never have been meant to be exclusive.

I already explained all of this in my previous posts. The rest of your post has nothing to do what I said, so keep the unnecesary rants for yourself.

1 minute ago, --C--Nehra said:

I am not the clown in this thread. I am the audience, so the duty of posting the interesting stuff lies on your shoulders mah dude! 😂🤣🏼

Is it? I am sorry but I don't think I can take such responsability, I think you are the most situable for this since you have the emojis, the outdated memes, and the generic memestastic responses

• Like 1

Just because Primed Chamber had been given as a small token of participation to a handful of event-goers has made the mod anymore special? Expecting exclusive, one-time only, digital items in a long-running MMO is naive. Even more so if the item is not for decoration/cosmetic purposes. Lato and Braton Vandal were reintroduced to the game after all. Rift sigil was reintroduced in Nightwave and, if i recall correctly, an alert too. More recent Saturn 6 armor was reintroduced in NW intermission. Who was to say an obscure mod was an exception?

And now that the mod reappeared and players have a chance to acquire it, see for themselves how useful/useless the mod is and either adapt it in builds or throw it on a shelf to gather dust with the likes of [Warm Coat]. Primed Chamber will now lose the status of an elusive, coveted unicorn and be displayed for what it really is: just one more mod for build variety. As for traders, they may find a better sink for their plat or redirect their stored Primed Chamber funds to riven market. Either way, the plat will flow.

Personally, i'd be more jealous for physical Tennocon pass (to keep the idea warframe-themed) each attendee receives (that laminated card attached to a lanyard) then i would for a bunch of pixels. Why? Cause exclusive physical items are limited by year of production/date of event, whereas distribution of a virtual good is a matter of metaphorical 'couple key presses' (case and point being Primed Chamber). Sure you could attend Tennocon, but you wouldn't get the same pass as you would've a year or two years, or whenever prior.

And now a narrow-minded remark i was too lazy to delete: Losing composure over rectangle of pixels in a multiplayer game...nice example of first world problems.

30 minutes ago, Fader- said:

Yes, it's just a affecting a minuscule portion in exchange for... a minuscule niche mod that only minuscule portion of the playerbase was asking?

It doesn't even matter the ammount of money they've put, even if that's not minuscule, right?

We can however agree that DE is truthful about giving you the middle finger if you trade, just like the example you provided about the riven changes.

How many total Primed Chambers were there? So should DE give the 100k+ daily players across all platforms a mod that they promised to release 6 years ago, or should they keep it exclusive for the >500 players that currently own it? At some point it becomes about the greater good, not about perceived value.

The irony being that the concept of the greater good involves valuing someone other than yourself, which is entirely counterintuitive to someone that is entitled.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 2

I'm not surprised at all. I've been playing multiple MMOs in the past, and they are all the same. Unless it is exclusively stated that an item will be "exclusive" to a particular set of players (and even with that it is not guaranteed) the item in question always reappears in a more easier way to craft/acquire/buy/get/trade. And the devs always told us that it will certainly be back.

For those who are frustrated over their veteran sigil becoming an average thrift store item: This is an MMO. Everything you achieve here does consists of 0s and 1s and thus, ephemeral. Like everything else, Warframe will cease to exist one day. Maybe there will be Warframe 2, maybe they will just go bankrupt and close all the servers, we cannot know. But this game, like every other one, is ephemeral and one day will be gone. Don't get too attached to virtual sigils and medallions. Try to have fun, and try to have it today, not in past and future.

This is a game and the majority of game developers expect their players to "just have fun".

Edited by LeonardBlyx
Formatting error
  • Like 1

Let's put things into perspective.... shall we?

uqFLX1j.png

Primed Chamber is nothing to write home about, even if you have a marginally OK Riven, it's probably going to be better than Primed Chamber.

Please tell me again why the absurd price from Baro is remotely worth it?

2 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Let's put things into perspective.... shall we?

uqFLX1j.png

Primed Chamber is nothing to write home about, even if you have a marginally OK Riven, it's probably going to be better than Primed Chamber.

Please tell me again why the absurd price from Baro is remotely worth it?

Primed Chamber is multiplicative.

29 minutes ago, Fader- said:

I already explained all of this in my previous posts. The rest of your post has nothing to do what I said, so keep the unnecesary rants for yourself.

Had me thinking you had made a decent argument in the midst of your rage-babble so I went and looked over them again, but I was disappointed. I find your reasoning to be upset to be faulty from the start, since you even sound like you were aware of its non-exclusivity. You not wanting to believe that is your own fault and not DE's. You made pointless comparisons, all in an effort to further justify your indignation. There was no wrong doing here, although I feel for those that spent large plat on it not too long ago and couldn't enjoy being part of such an exclusive after school club for a while. But any sort of forewarning that it was going to be available would have hurt those who sold too, so no matter what people would have felt it somewhere. The 'rest of my post' can be summed up into this: Get over it. 

2 minutes ago, LeonardBlyx said:

Primed Chamber is multiplicative with similar mods. For example, a DEVectis Vectis installed with a max ranked Primed Chamber and Mod TT 20pxSerration will deal 225 × (1 + 165%) × (1 + 100%) = 1,192.5 damage.

Just what passage did you read? 

Was just skimming over the entry.... either way...  It's still only good on Vectis Prime (vanilla Vectis just doesn't do enough damage), and we all know that Rubico Prime is going to curb stomp it anyways because the Rubico is just that much stronger than the Vectis.

Too be honest it’s funny, people crying because they chose to spend ridiculous amount of plat on a mod that was only famous because DE decided not to release tons of copies of the mod, until now at least. They’re blaming DE for a decision they made all by themselves. Please stop, my ribs are hurting, I might have to go to the emergency room 😂 

Edited by (PS4)lnfyi
edited to be edited

Just now, Avenaki said:

Had me thinking you had made a decent argument in the midst of your rage-babble so I went and looked over them again, but I was disappointed. I find your reasoning to be upset to be faulty from the start, since you even sound like you were aware of its non-exclusivity.

Cut with the unnecesary rant will ya.

Just now, Avenaki said:

since you even sound like you were aware of its non-exclusivity.

I was aware. My point is it SHOULD REMAIN exclusive.

Just now, Avenaki said:

You not wanting to believe that is your own fault and not DE's.

Both are at fault. You on the other hand, want to believe DE's is not at fault and ignore any of my points adressing it.

Just now, Avenaki said:

You made pointless comparisons, all in an effort to further justify your indignation.

Yeah, how so? care to elaborate? or are you just going to call my argument invalid because you said so? Ironic that you use the word effort when your posts says you are not making any already.

Just now, Avenaki said:

There was no wrong doing here

Again, thanks for the elaborated argument

Just now, Avenaki said:

although I feel for those that spent large plat on it not too long ago and couldn't enjoy being part of such an exclusive after school club for a while.

ok so why do you say there was not ''wrong'' then?

Just now, Avenaki said:

But any sort of forewarning that it was going to be available would have hurt those who sold too, so no matter what people would have felt it somewhere

Yes, and thats why exactly I am putting at DE at fault here. Keeping it exclusive wouldn't do the damage you are describing. See my point right here?

Just now, Avenaki said:

The 'rest of my post' can be summed up into this: Get over it. 

How about YOU get over it and let me actually discuss this matter seriously with people capable of elaborating further?

Just now, Almagnus1 said:

Was just skimming over the entry.... either way...  It's still only good on Vectis Prime (vanilla Vectis just doesn't do enough damage), and we all know that Rubico Prime is going to curb stomp it anyways because the Rubico is just that much stronger than the Vectis.

Rubico Prime has a  very low base damage. The Critical Damage multiplier and Critical Damage scope bonus are really not all that impressive after noting its pitiful base damage. Vectis Prime, on the other hand, has an 87% base damage advantage over Rubico Prime. Now it gets double that with one mod.

The min combo is really what stands out for Rubico Prime. Everything else is just making up for the garbage base damage.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

How many total Primed Chambers were there? So should DE give the 100k+ daily players across all platforms a mod that they promised to release 6 years ago, or should they keep it exclusive for the >500 players that currently own it?

The context suggest for the second option. Have these 100k players paid the same ammount of money for this mod than the 500 players that own it?

not about perceived value.

Perceived only? No investing value? Wow i though people actually paid a lot of platinum for these mods, I guess I was wrong *wink wink*

the greater good,

A niche mod for vectis? Lol. Wow I'm thankful these people just got the middle finger just so I can enjoy a ducat-overpriced mod that I won't use at all or ever.

The irony being that the concept of the greater good involves valuing someone other than yourself, which is entirely counterintuitive to someone that is entitled.

You are not giving much value to the people that spent money into this mod. So yeah, I agree you are entitled and you have to work on that department.

19 minutes ago, Fader- said:

I was aware. My point is it SHOULD REMAIN exclusive.

It should not have. It's a rare mod from an event that came around once. Nothing about it screams exclusivity, again if it was announced that the event or mod was coming back it still would have hurt the sellers and those that had already bought it. It was never part of any founders pack, never promised to be just one time only. In fact, the opposite happened.

Yeah, how so? care to elaborate? or are you just going to call my argument invalid because you said so? Ironic that you use the word effort when your posts says you are not making any already.

Again, thanks for the elaborated argument

Yeah, my bad here. Should have seen that someone who made the argument couldn't see the fault. Comparing Rivens and their prices, which is determined by such things as how meta the weapon is, the stats, how new(and such how common or rare the riven for that weapon is) and so on is completely different from the pricing of a rare mod that just so happened to be owned by a tiny, minuscule population. Apples and oranges. Irrelevant correlation.

ok so why do you say there was not ''wrong'' then?

I said that because you still believe it's wrong, but it's not. Unfortunate, maybe, for some of those involved, still doesn't make it wrong.

Yes, and thats why exactly I am putting at DE at fault here. Keeping it exclusive wouldn't do the damage you are describing. See my point right here?

This is the only point I can meet you halfway, and why I didn't directly respond to the wrong doing on DEs part. There was some, as I reasoned while responding. But not what you think. Keeping it as semi-exclusive as it was is the reason there's any damage to begin with. I can admit DE could have done it sooner, even re-run the event a few times more. But in the end they decided not to, and it's nothing that can be changed. I'd rather the band-aid just be ripped off though, so I still think that at this point in time they did the best solution.

How about YOU get over it and let me actually discuss this matter seriously with people capable of elaborating further?

Cut with the unnecessary rant, will ya?

Edited by Avenaki

Just now, Avenaki said:

It should not have.

Yes it should, otherwise you don't respect the money someone spent on the mod through these years.

Just now, Avenaki said:

It's a rare mod from an event that came around once.

Nothing about it screams exclusivity,

Nice contradiction by the way.

Just now, Avenaki said:

again if it was announced that the event or mod was coming back it still would have hurt the sellers and those that had already bought it.

Then they shouldn't announce it, nobody is forcing DE to do so.

Just now, Avenaki said:

I said that because you still believe it's wrong, but it's not.

''I said it because I said so'' Understood.

Just now, Avenaki said:

Unfortunate, maybe, for some of those involved, still doesn't make it wrong.

It doesn't make it wrong that some people got affected, gotcha. Lol.

Just now, Avenaki said:

This is the only point I can meet you halfway, and why I didn't directly respond to the wrong doing on DEs part. There was some, as I reasoned while responding. But not what you think. Keeping it as semi-exclusive as it was is the reason there's any damage to begin with.

What damage exactly? A niche part of the community that hasn't put money in the mod being entitled to get it easily? Surely that's a big damage compared to spending insane ammounts of money worth on plat to acquire this mod only to realise it's value it's close to nothing currently. Yeah, brilliant comparison.

Just now, Avenaki said:

I can admit DE could have done it sooner, even re-run the event a few times more. But in the end they decided not to, and it's nothing that can be changed. I'd rather the band-aid just be ripped off though, so I still think that at this point in time they did the best solution.

The best option De could've done was not do any damage and keep it exclusive, but ok , you do you.

Just now, Avenaki said:

Cut with the unnecessary rant, will ya?

That's not a rant, learn to read.

4 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

i thought there was only like 100 of these mods, why is there so much complaining, do the fat cats have like 30 accounts?

It's a rare mod that isn't anymore, and it's only really useful on the Vectis Prime and maybe a handful of other weapons.

Point is, if you don't use the Vectis Prime, it's over priced Baro trash that used to be rare over priced Baro trash.

People are loosing their minds over a rare thing not being rare anymore, despite DE stating several times over the years they're gonna bring it back.  Truth be told, most of the ones complaining about the loss in value prolly bought the mod for absurd amounts of plat and are regretting their bad buying decisions.