Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

1 minute ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

The fact the people would spend $16,000 to gatekeep something worthless from others just to feel special really puts the nature of humanity into perspective.

That's misleading because most of the players that spend crazy amounts on rivens and the like do not buy their plat, they trade for it. Similarly, many PC players use plat discounts from daily logins when purchasing plat.

7 hours ago, Fader- said:

Imo the only laughable part of this thread is how the warframe community claims to be ''the most friendly and nicest community evahh!11'' while at the same time making fun of people complaining of losing the exclusivity of a mod some have put a lot of money and effort into.

???

I am part of that community and I never made that claim.

If it was the friendliest and nicest community then it wouldn't be complaining that it can't get 800K plat for a crap mod in the first place.

24 minutes ago, --Sensei-- said:

I approve of them releasing Primed Chamber and not gatekeeping it as they did say in the past this mod would not stay exclusive, if they actually said it sure, but they didn't the only thing ever exclusive was Prime founder pack stuff, so you can't actually get mad at DE for something the community concocted as "valuable" or exclusive via gatekeeping.

There's no place for logic and civility here!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

That's misleading because most of the players that spend crazy amounts on rivens and the like do not buy their plat, they trade for it. Similarly, many PC players use plat discounts from daily logins when purchasing plat.

You think people just saved 100k - 400k plat? Get real and use your brain.

Played WF for the 1st time in months after reading this thread last night.

Working today, may try and grind the last 1k ducats I would need for this mod when I get home then take another break.

Hopefully one day DE will see sense and release Excalibur Prime and founders kit. Most of them have quit, some left, many dont use Excal Prime.

Here we are in 2020 and we cant get old irrelevant primes, and still DE lock minor prime cosmetics behind ludicrously priced pixel packaged containing frames and weapons we either farmed the RNG for or bought in a different  overpriced bundle in previous years.

Edited by SastusBulbas

18 hours ago, Voltage said:

unknown.png

Let me preface by saying I don't own a Primed Chamber. Now, I understand the players who legitimately earned one of these is in the extreme minority, and it's nice to get one for myself, but I cannot help but give objective feedback that this does not respect the former rarity and aquisition for years. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but just letting players have this for a measly 2,995 Ducats and 1,000,000 Credits is quite lousy. I think a cool way to implement this could be something like future Operations give this to top 100 players on each Platform, or top 10 players on weekly leaderboards for any mission can get one. Something fair but still nodding to it's original addition would have been nice. 

The time put into getting the Platinum is one thing, finding someone with one for sale is extremely hard, and overall this mod had a cool value associated with it. That's all been obliterated as it's now purchasable from Baro and holds none of that achievement anymore.

This was a poor implementation of the mod back into the game. This is a blind-sided punch to the stomach to a very specific yet dedicated group of players. Though, I do understand that it had to return at some point, and it was inevitable for it to return, it's just the "how it was added" that I disagree with.

After reading several replies, I came across the very feeling I was trying to describe:

Totally agree. I feel that DE is desperate to get veterans back. I still haven’t seen my veterans friends coming back for this. All left and uninstalled the game last October after those disastrous nerfs and terrible updates. 

Edited by George_PPS

49 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

The fact the people would spend $16,000 to gatekeep something worthless from others just to feel special really puts the nature of humanity into perspective.

Once you own something that’s worth That much, you will have a different perspective Free market is always fair. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

It's funny how the one that claims "elitists" "plat mafia" being toxic are actually the one that are being the most toxic in this thread. 

Oh humanity are truly amusing.

Find it funny how people are all happy about being able to get it and pointing fingers at those that did have it...now the question remains, who is even gonna use it and not handicap their build unless they happen to have a -magcap riven for the Vectis Prime? I can't see lots of people effectively using it so the way i see it is, that all this late return of this mod (+ overpriced for 3k ducats) has done was causing yet another drama as if we didn't have enough with Liches and Railjack or lack of engaging content.

What a meme.

• Like 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb George_PPS:

Totally agree. I feel that DE is desperate to get veterans back. I still haven’t seen my veterans friends coming back for this. All left and uninstalled the game last October after those disastrous nerfs and terrible updates. 

now if they only stopped posting as well...

18 hours ago, Voltage said:

a measly 2,995 Ducats

That's a lot for your average joe, many won't be able to farm enough ducats before baro leaves and who knows when it'll be back. Then again, mod is hot garbage, it only has value as a collectioners item, with a very limited usefulnes, at least ever since Acolytes and later on Rivens were introduced.

22 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Find it funny how people are all happy about being able to get it and pointing fingers at those that did have it...now the question remains, who is even gonna use it and not handicap their build unless they happen to have a -magcap riven for the Vectis Prime? I can't see lots of people effectively using it so the way i see it is, that all this late return of this mod (+ overpriced for 3k ducats) has done was causing yet another drama as if we didn't have enough with Liches and Railjack or lack of engaging content.

What a meme.

just you wait till they release 1 magazine sniper 😉

3000 ducats is way too much for this mod. You eventually need 2 free mod slots, one for primed chamber and one, well, to reduce magazine capacity to 1. A good riven will always perform better.

But I also think DE should have SOMEHOW saved the collector´s aspect of the original primed chambers, for example by foiling it or adding some special appearance or effect to it. Just so they remain rare.

No, I don´t own one of those, but boy... if someone spent 350k plat on it, I can imagine someone being seriously pissed now 😄

Imagine being one of those people who gatekeeps a rare mod that isn't available for years now

Now they're whining and crying after baro brought it because they spent tons of plats on a worthless mod that is really crap in general

Not so special now, are ya gatekeepers?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Fader- said:

Yeah there's nothing to respect, that was a poor wording of mine. What I meant by 'respect' was DE taking in consideration the ammount of platinum and money put by these players before making such a poor and careless desicion.

Why should anyone need to take your poor and careless decision to spend way too much on a non-exclusive virtual item into consideration when they decide to make it more available? 

Your position is ridiculous, and from what I can see, many people are ridiculing it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, George_PPS said:

Once you own something that’s worth That much, you will have a different perspective Free market is always fair. 

Except its not actually worth that much, People can set price points all they want but its in the end only a small set of data on server somewhere. Much like the rivens that get advertised at astronomical prices, they have a inherent value of very little. Not that it stops anyone with more than sense from scrambling for it.

This kind of thing comes up all the time in varying degrees, quite often whenever a Prime gets given away on twtich.

Edited by AzureTerra

16 hours ago, Equastro said:

Hi, my name is Equastro and I am one of the people who were lucky enough to own a Primed Chamber before today.
I cannot put into words how much I identify with @Senguash's post.

I have absolutely no problems with the majority of people having access to Primed Chamber now.
The issue for me, and probably most PC owners, is that we put so many hours into the game to be able to obtain one, that we feel all our efforts have been in vain.
Our symbol of hard work and accomplishment has been shattered and with it, the feeling of being rewarded for hard work and dedication.

The hunt
I hadn't heard about the game back when Primed Chamber was already released.
In fact, I started playing Warframe only about 2.5 years ago. I got so hooked to it and have spent so many hours playing.
Many of these hours were put into farming, farming, farming and trading, trading and trading. And then some.

Why? Because I'm a completionist, and wanted to get the one thing that was only meant for a select few. 
I set my mind to it, and after a long long time, I finally managed to get my hands on one.
The amount of time, risk and utter dedication needed to get one, is something many Tenno will probably not understand.

The effort
Here's a few things to consider:
1: you have to farm a huge amount of platinum somehow, meanwhile prices steadily inflated over time, at a rate that was very hard to beat
2: you have to find a seller <- this is actually the hardest part
3: you have to beat all the other people who are also hunting it
4: you have to HOPE that this person is a legitimate seller, and not a hacker who somehow managed to create/dupe one in the game
5: even if you ask DE to confirm if this person is a legitimate seller, they will not tell you the answer because you are asking a privacy-sensitive question
6: the seller has to spend a S#&amp;&#036;ton of time farming a gazillion of credits in order to be able to trade for the plat

Ergo: after you spend a gazillion of time farming the platinum, you have to spend an even longer time finding a seller, waiting for the seller to farm the credits, and then you have to take the actual gamble that puts your account in risk of getting banned, because there is no way of telling whether the PC and the trade is legit.

Maybe you can now understand a little bit better why I felt so incredibly satisfied and accomplished when I finally managed to get my hands on a Primed Chamber, and every time I whipped out my Vectis I got that feeling again.

But now all I can think of is how all of that hard work was pretty much all a waste of energy.

P.S.: No, I'm not a 'wallet warrior'. I actually managed to get all of the plat by farming and trading in game.
P.P.S.: Yes, I knew it could come back one day, but I'm sure I speak for many PC owners that we thought  that if it would, it would come back as an exclusive-event item, similarly to the first event. If I would have expected it would come back en masse, I would have simply waited it out. Primed Chamber has always had a very exclusive aura around it, and DE always seemed to embrace and reinforce that. 
P.P.P.S: I only managed to finally get one about half a year ago.

Hide contents

OG7JUpV.png

Mate we're in the same clan and I completely understand the points you're making. What sets you apart from Senguash's argument however is that you're not mentioning or alluding to the fact that owning it made you feel like a superior player and THAT is the part that I think most people cannot stand about his post as opposed to yours.