Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What current MR every Warframe YouTubers have?

condimentking

1 hour ago, Sentinel-14 said:

Two prominent Warframe Partners that I follow have a very interesting thing in many of their videos: when Lotus pops up to deliver her canned text, it's always normal Lotus, not post-Apostasy holo-Lotus. We're talking guys doing Arbitrations, Veil Proxima, etc. These are guys who have definitely done every story quest available and yet they still have normal, non-holo-Lotus. Something's amiss there.

....they could just have creator mode on.

But sure, let’s just speculate without all the info, amirite?

Edited by mac10smg--Toa_of_Green
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

....they could just have creator mode on.

But sure, let’s just speculate without all the info, amirite?

Being that I am not a content creator, I had no idea Creator Mode was an option. Therefore, speculation is all I had. I stand corrected.

17 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

How come the people who constantly parrot "MR doesn't matter" are usually low MR?

Nah, dude. Im MR23, and i had a clan member who is just MR8 and opening every star chart like a baws, and defeated every clan members' obstacle course time, and even genuinely know about the game mechanics .. .

When i asked him why, he replies "I feel very comfortable with this, i can do everything, so i don't need to increase my MR ranks... ."

Proof that so many Tennos have different colors, playstyles, and choices in the game.

Period... .

8 hours ago, buffalobuffalogaming said:

Higher MR means the player have suffered more in-game traumatic grinding experience than Lower MR.

This, relatable, af... . 😂

Also gacha relics' victim, and "Damn i should put Nekros, Hydroid, or Khora all the time everywhere for resources, ffs... ." type. 😂

17 hours ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

My guess is that YouTubers might be above the average because it’s in their interest to try everything, which is all MR really is.

Kinda u ended up in the really high rank if ur contents is reviewing every single weapon and warframe available, tbh. Unless u just want to review the meta ones... .

22 hours ago, condimentking said:

Nah, dude. Im MR23, and i had a clan member who is just MR8 and opening every star chart like a baws, and defeated every clan members' obstacle course time, and even genuinely know about the game mechanics .. .

When i asked him why, he replies "I feel very comfortable with this, i can do everything, so i don't need to increase my MR ranks... ."

Proof that so many Tennos have different colors, playstyles, and choices in the game.

Period... .

I watched a mr2 guy on mixer.. He was just putting his 7th forma on a lato. When he'd finished that he went to the void interception mission. No one joined him so he did 3 waves solo. Melted my head watchin that happen out of the blue. That was two years ago? Maybe longer.. I was mr16 then. Still am. Well over 3k hours into the game and really have no motivation at all to rank up.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Muttz v2 said:

I watched a mr2 guy on mixer.. He was just putting his 7th forma on a lato. When he'd finished that he went to the void interception mission. No one joined him so he did 3 waves solo. Melted my head watchin that happen out of the blue. That was two years ago? Maybe longer.. I was mr16 then. Still am. Well over 3k hours into the game and really have no motivation at all to rank up.

There are only 2 main reasons why i increase my MR:

-That OCD sense of completionist.

-Increasing trade limit, im a merchant.

Everything else idgaf, actually... . 😂

On 2020-03-10 at 10:59 AM, condimentking said:

Doesn't mean low MR = lower in-game knowledge of the game, though...  .

MR is increased by leveling up different gear, exploring the starmap and using certain mechanics in the game, followed by a MR test

It has nothing to do with knowledge, time, effort, player quality.

There are however players who believe higher MR = better, never take this seriously as that is the one of the things that makes players subpar, as in, below average.

• Like 2

Low MR with high in-game hours means one thing for sure... That the player is focused and happy with a small amount of equipment and isn't very inclined to experiment with new diverse stuff. Similarly higher MR with low hours means the person hasn't put in a lot of time exploring all the equipment they have used so far and just rushed to the finish line once and called it a day and moved on to the next thing. 

Meme-youtubers may have low MR (cuz their skits type of content doesn't need too many different frames or equipment reviews), whereas a Build/Meta stuff youtuber is likely to have everything under the sun. It's just an educated guess on my part though, so don't attach any particular value to it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nehra96 said:

Low MR with high in-game hours means one thing for sure... That the player is focused and happy with a small amount of equipment and isn't very inclined to experiment with new diverse stuff.

Small digression:

Hey, dat me! “Low MR with high hours”. But I love experimenting with diverse stuff, so it’s just short of being accurate, sorry. Guess I’m an exception to the rule! 😛

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

7 hours ago, condimentking said:

Kinda u ended up in the really high rank if ur contents is reviewing every single weapon and warframe available, tbh. Unless u just want to review the meta ones... .

Yeah,I was just thinking about the youtubers that do a lot of reviews and rankings of everything in the game. I’m also just assuming that they’re actually testing everything fully. 

On 2020-03-11 at 3:33 AM, Methanoid said:

Mods, Mod Ranks matter, not MR, quick 10 rounds of hydron-fail with wisp and 3x mk1 weapons because reasons, got more long boring vids of the same setup doing 30 rounds, but who the hell wants to watch 30 mins of MR0 fail.

Just watched the video. Can i add you? 😂

• Like 1

On 2020-03-12 at 11:58 AM, KIREEK said:

MR is increased by leveling up different gear, exploring the starmap and using certain mechanics in the game, followed by a MR test

It has nothing to do with knowledge, time, effort, player quality.

There are however players who believe higher MR = better, never take this seriously as that is the one of the things that makes players subpar, as in, below average.

MR has just turned into a joke the same way wow adopted gearscoring to determing a players worth, many wont care but you can still jump into some seriously easy missions like hydron/etc and see ppl just up and quit when they spot lower ranked players in the team.

22 hours ago, DisasterIncarnate said:

MR has just turned into a joke the same way wow adopted gearscoring to determing a players worth, many wont care but you can still jump into some seriously easy missions like hydron/etc and see ppl just up and quit when they spot lower ranked players in the team.

While not realizing that they bring augmented 1 hit AoE kill Warframe with em... . 😂

On 2020-03-13 at 7:47 PM, Methanoid said:

haha feel free.

Ok, request sent, my friend... . 👌

"MR Means nothing" is a bit of an exaggeration, it's of course true that player skill, gear and knowledge is not directly tied to MR in any way, but, on average, over time, most people rise in both skill and knowledge the more they play, and on average the more they play the higher MR they gain.

If you take the average skill, gear and knowledge level of 1000 MR 28s, and 1000 MR20s, it's overwhelmingly likely that the 28s are going to have a higher average, but that in no way means every MR28 has more of these things than every MR20.

It's similar to using playtime as an indicator, it's got some predictive use, but outliers are common.

I love how the guy asks a simple question out of general curiosity of "Does anyone have a list of the Mastery Rank of YouTubers, not to see how good they are, but, just curiosity"
And within minutes you get people going "REEEEEE mAsTeRy RaNk DoESn'T mAtTeR"
He asked a question about if someone knows something, not asked for your opinion on why MR doesn't matter, lol