The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: 140 Overview

Pangolin (Sword) Prime? Interesting. I was half expecting Centaur Prime so that we would see the first archweapon prime, but okay.

Lacera Prime continues to elude us~

Also in agreement with others regarding modular archwing. If we gain mastery by leveling these, I would at the very least hope there are better archwing maps to level them on, because Salacia, Neptune is actually a horrible place to level archwing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myscho said:

Exactly this

We seen this S#&$ before, with Zaws, Kitguns and now Archwing

What do you mean? I have multiple zaws and multiple kitguns, all strong in their own way. This is by far my favorite way of receiving new gear and content.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FreeWilliam said:

Why no mention of Viral changes?  Before Viral/Slash was kind of the endgame alternative to Corrosive. Now Viral is ALL. 

Fix Coronaviral plz, it's hurting diversity. 

Except toxin, heat, magnetic, and corrosive are all great as well. 

Impact, cold, gas, and radiation are trash. 

41 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Except toxin, heat, magnetic, and corrosive are all great as well. 

Impact, cold, gas, and radiation are trash. 

I really can't agree with magnetic being great; it's potentially weaker than before, when it was already considered one of the worst damage types. Shields are just not a relevant enough defense on enemies for a hyper specialized anti-shield element to feel like it has a place. Even putting toxin aside, shields are just generally flimsy enough to brute force through even with bad element types. This has probably been made MORE true with the level scaling changes, since even high level shields now scale significantly slower than before.

If magnetic had some interaction with shield gates, that would give it some benefit for low ROF weapons, but it doesn't right now. I think the only time in my years of playing this game that I have ever thought magnetic might have been a good idea to bring was while doing an Enhanced Shield Disruption. So I think it might have that niche, but I certainly would not call it great.

edit: overall I think the only damage/status types that got significantly improved with the big status rework would be... Elec and Viral, despite Viral already having been one of the best.

Edited by OvisCaedo

56 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

I really can't agree with magnetic being great;

like, it's not GREAT but it's definitely usable, especially as they release more Corpus enemies in the upcoming content. It's a very decent damage type against Corpus in its current state, unlike before. the damage types i listed don't have a roll in any content. not sure if upcoming impact and gas buffs will make a difference. 

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sentinel-14 said:

Erra is no longer locked behind Veil. You can access it straight out of the Codex now. I did it last week after the mainline update went through before I ever set foot in Veil.

Nice, wasn't aware this was changed, guess I won't completely ignore Scarlet Spear now. The "active location timer" sure sounds anti-fun. If I log on and can't participate for another hour I'm logging off and playing something else that day (hopefully I'm just misunderstanding).

Maybe it was how it was presented, but I wasn't into the corinth prime. The fall off damage, change to manually detonate an air burst, and possible change to have to aim airbust at enemies, and possible change in magazine reload (it is so hard to tell from that stream if it is a magazine reload)... it all just doesn't feel right. I wonder if the original designer of the corinth has left. I don't know.

Edited by Redfeather75

2 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Nice, wasn't aware this was changed, guess I won't completely ignore Scarlet Spear now. The "active location timer" sure sounds anti-fun. If I log on and can't participate for another hour I'm logging off and playing something else that day (hopefully I'm just misunderstanding).

Rebecca stated in a reddit topic that  there will be "no more than 10 minutes of downtime between appearances as an absolute maximum"

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

What do you mean? I have multiple zaws and multiple kitguns, all strong in their own way. This is by far my favorite way of receiving new gear and content.

And we know how that end up, 95% players using the same Strikes and Chamber.

More parts should create higher diversity not just fake one, where parts can be equal strong, not just one or two are higher level than others

Now we have same approach with Modular Archwing where currently Amesha is meta, so instead of rebalancing all Archwing, DE just give players create another Meta by picking strongest abilities from all AW. Logic is strong with this one

• Like 3

Currently the archwing missions are broken some of my friends reported they does not have had AW and they managed to do the Venus one without AW. Also some stuff seems broken with whips. 

Otherwise nice review and thanks for it Mako!

• Like 3

What they did say about Ash deluxe is coming this month or what? 🤔 Im just hoping that he will come with some cool armor set attachments because he is the first deluxe with a real hood so hee need some unique armor style. 

Edited by Vlada91

6 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

All I wanted was info about the pets update that's supposed to happen this month, I asked in chat and they acknowledged it but the person to ask wasn't on the couch so they glossed it over. :B

i honestly was hoping for that pets 2.0 system as well. no more tamagatchi style would be great 

21 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i mean it is a prime sword , its just the 3rd one skana,dakra, pangolian 

Yes but I get the feeling de wants to kick us in the ass by making it pure status and not a hybrid which Dakra prime isn't and skana is even though it's a founder's exclusive 

10 hours ago, Myscho said:

Now we have same approach with Modular Archwing where currently Amesha is meta, so instead of rebalancing all Archwing, DE just give players create another Meta by picking strongest abilities from all AW. Logic is strong with this one

The amusing thing to me is that, at current, I'd probably choose... all four of Amesha's abilities, if railjack is going to continue to be the only future archwings have. I mean, ideally, they'll be reworking things so that there are other useful abilities, maybe ungimp archguns for space combat since they talked about adding a follow mode for dogfighting.

but overall my confidence is pretty low that they'll make things much better.

Edited by OvisCaedo

11 hours ago, Myscho said:

And we know how that end up, 95% players using the same Strikes and Chamber.

More parts should create higher diversity not just fake one, where parts can be equal strong, not just one or two are higher level than others

but youre still putting together different weapons in the same category, with some minor variations. the best example of that was my off-meta Gaze with extra range, which I used to replace my Atomos and Amprex. An alternative to that is a Gaze with a bigger clip, which some preferred, but I wanted the range. Zaw daggers can be built with little variations, depending if you're stacking combo or going heavy crit.

I feel you haven't explored to current system enough. If modular Archwings are done in the same way as kitguns and zaws, i'll be enjoying the new content quite a bit. 

Edited by Ikyr0

On 2020-03-13 at 12:12 PM, OvisCaedo said:

That preview made it look like I can completely avoid ever actually doing the railjack parts of this operation, and in fact, completely ignore its existence because there's not any real connection between the squads. It looks like the only point of the two squad types is a vague overall event score progression system, but every event is always rigged for us to succeed or fail at DE's discretion anyhow, so I feel like that probably won't matter.

Exactly what I was hoping for, hooray!

Yup. I often think that a theme park or elementary school sports day is a good analog for these types of games.