Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

well.. i just played destiny 2..

Agnostus

Go to the destiny 2 forums, you will see tons of people complaining about a lack of content.

And the season pass system is a terrible system, you spend 3 months grinding for weapons and armour which effectively become redundant in the next season.

I was a little burnt out from WF and took a break for about 4-5 months, 1 of the games I played during that period was Destiny 2. Gunplay and sounds were admittedly very good, as was the diversity of the maps and the PVP is clearly superior to WF's.

However for me Warframe has far more content overall and the grinding is far better done.

I had fun with both games for a time but as of right now Warframe is the far more gripping game at least in my experience.

There is literally no point in arguing about all the bad things Destiny has going for it. The thread was definitely not started for this reason. My main take away after reading through all of your replies is that WF does excel in many areas (duh, obviously) but there are so many things that it can take away from other titles that i find frustrating that it doesn't. I cannot believe either money or a lack of bigger team are responsible for that, in fact when it comes to budget i honestly believe that most players would pay plat to have true content rather than being content with freebies that dont actually provide anything. WF is free to play done right, but in the end, is it?

3 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

You have it backwards. Games like Warframe are not just about grinding. They are about whatever else you do in the game. In this case being a super badass space ninja. I have never once seen anyone praise Warframe for how super fun all the grinding is. I have seen plenty of people complain about it being way too grindy, though. And that's because, as I said, no one ever plays a game specifically because of its grind. They play it because they enjoy the core gameplay loop, and the grind is just something they deal with.

Once you get to the point that you are only playing a game to get that next shiny toy, you have to ask yourself, why are you even playing anymore? Is it worth spending days doing something you probably don't enjoy, just to get something you can only use within that thing you don't enjoy? And if you do truly enjoy the game for its gameplay, why do you need a forced grind to bribe you into playing it? Are you really so pathetic that you can't even be bothered to have fun if someone isn't paying you to do so?

Because that's really all the grinding is in these games. Its a way to get people to keep playing regardless of whether or not they are having fun. And it does so by offering some extra payment that you totally have to have. Its a skinner box that conditions you to only enjoy the game when you are grinding towards something. Its also why so many things like seasonal content and Warframe's constant limited time events are so effective at making people feel like they are forced to play. They leverage FOMO by telling you that if you don't play RIGHT NOW, you'll miss something super cool.

The only time that grinding is actually enjoyable is when you actually enjoy whatever else you are doing in the game to grind. That's why getting into specifics like you keep doing doesn't really matter. Everyone likes different things, and therefore everyone is okay with different grinds in different games. For example: I find Warframe's endless missions super boring, but they are usually the best place to farm resources. So I really don't enjoy that grind. This is why there are still several things that I don't have in this game. I play this game for fun, not just to grind. So when a grind isn't fun, I just don't do it. And that sucks.

I'll never know if I enjoy playing as Grendel, because I am not going to play 75 super boring rounds of Arbitrations just to try him out. And no, I am not going to buy him either, because that isn't any better. Paying to not play a game is idiotic. You know what else I could do? Just not play at all, because that's free. When a game gives you the option to pay to not play, its telling you that its so horrible that there is monetary value in not playing it.

Making a super grindy game is the cheap and lazy way out, which is why it has become so common. It is entirely possible to make a game that's worth playing for a long time without making it super grindy. But that takes work, and talent. And why bother, when taking the easy way has much larger profit margins? Just look at the Dog Days event in Warframe. A temporary game mode that was really only fun for a couple hours at best, but DE wanted people to play it for ten days. So instead of actually making it complex and interesting enough to not get boring before then, they just slapped a ten day grind on top of it and called it good.

This is why I was calling them incompetent before. If they can't figure out how to actually make their game as fun as they want, then what are we paying them for?

you have it backwards, dude. all of it, by the looks. looter shooter is a genre, whether you like it or not. existed long time before WF, and will long time after. people like grinding, because it is quantifying their efforts to obtain this or that item. its a tangible work they choose to put in, in order to get a reward. this is what this ENTIRE game is built upon, masses of people wanting the item/reward via grind. this is why they fling to this game, because RNG is, arbitrarily, the most neutral and unbiased mechanic to distribute rewards among players. 

your simplification of plat purchases is also lazy, and plain ignorant. people pay for convenience, because this game caters for many different social classes and groups. there is plat loaded people who play but don\t have time to grind, there is smart hustlers which grind plat otherwise, and use it for whatever they want when they feel like ballin'. there is also a completely F2P crowd, because of ideology, or financial status, or whatever reason. this is why plat rush mechanic exists.

and lastly, because your post has just too much vitriol to reread it again, you completely forgot that warframe evolved over the span of 7 years and result is what we see now. this is a byproduct of years of coding, years of feedback, and years of committed gameplay support. so, as such, it really is the product of community which is often contradictive as hell, or slowly becoming one. 

your personal hatred against DE might indicate you should just look for a different game, if you can't distance yourself from what you are seeing.

also, as a general tip in life too - if you don't like what company is doing with the 'payments' you made, stop your custom instead of calling them names. I like what they are doing and aside from a few personal doubts, I can easily estimate that the game and community is growing. this is the facts, you don't have to appreciate them.

PS. you're calling game makers incompetent. waiting to hear about the 'entirely possible non=grindy f2p game to make' in your own edition. 

1 hour ago, Agnostus said:

There is literally no point in arguing about all the bad things Destiny has going for it. The thread was definitely not started for this reason. My main take away after reading through all of your replies is that WF does excel in many areas (duh, obviously) but there are so many things that it can take away from other titles that i find frustrating that it doesn't. I cannot believe either money or a lack of bigger team are responsible for that, in fact when it comes to budget i honestly believe that most players would pay plat to have true content rather than being content with freebies that dont actually provide anything. WF is free to play done right, but in the end, is it?

Wasting your time with this people. Warframe will never evolve cause people like them are happy playing the same game modes over and over again, like Liches, nothing added, same missions, same enemies (grinners), with a new one sponge HP mob that's your lich. and say Warframe is always innovative and keeps things fresh. 

6 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

You have it backwards. Games like Warframe are not just about grinding. They are about whatever else you do in the game. In this case being a super badass space ninja. I have never once seen anyone praise Warframe for how super fun all the grinding is. I have seen plenty of people complain about it being way too grindy, though. And that's because, as I said, no one ever plays a game specifically because of its grind. They play it because they enjoy the core gameplay loop, and the grind is just something they deal with.

Once you get to the point that you are only playing a game to get that next shiny toy, you have to ask yourself, why are you even playing anymore? Is it worth spending days doing something you probably don't enjoy, just to get something you can only use within that thing you don't enjoy? And if you do truly enjoy the game for its gameplay, why do you need a forced grind to bribe you into playing it? Are you really so pathetic that you can't even be bothered to have fun if someone isn't paying you to do so?

Because that's really all the grinding is in these games. Its a way to get people to keep playing regardless of whether or not they are having fun. And it does so by offering some extra payment that you totally have to have. Its a skinner box that conditions you to only enjoy the game when you are grinding towards something. Its also why so many things like seasonal content and Warframe's constant limited time events are so effective at making people feel like they are forced to play. They leverage FOMO by telling you that if you don't play RIGHT NOW, you'll miss something super cool.

The only time that grinding is actually enjoyable is when you actually enjoy whatever else you are doing in the game to grind. That's why getting into specifics like you keep doing doesn't really matter. Everyone likes different things, and therefore everyone is okay with different grinds in different games. For example: I find Warframe's endless missions super boring, but they are usually the best place to farm resources. So I really don't enjoy that grind. This is why there are still several things that I don't have in this game. I play this game for fun, not just to grind. So when a grind isn't fun, I just don't do it. And that sucks.

I'll never know if I enjoy playing as Grendel, because I am not going to play 75 super boring rounds of Arbitrations just to try him out. And no, I am not going to buy him either, because that isn't any better. Paying to not play a game is idiotic. You know what else I could do? Just not play at all, because that's free. When a game gives you the option to pay to not play, its telling you that its so horrible that there is monetary value in not playing it.

Making a super grindy game is the cheap and lazy way out, which is why it has become so common. It is entirely possible to make a game that's worth playing for a long time without making it super grindy. But that takes work, and talent. And why bother, when taking the easy way has much larger profit margins? Just look at the Dog Days event in Warframe. A temporary game mode that was really only fun for a couple hours at best, but DE wanted people to play it for ten days. So instead of actually making it complex and interesting enough to not get boring before then, they just slapped a ten day grind on top of it and called it good.

This is why I was calling them incompetent before. If they can't figure out how to actually make their game as fun as they want, then what are we paying them for?

You have it backwards. The genre is about the grinding and the chase, then whatever else the devs decide to implement beyond that makes the game stand out. WF has the fashion, the option to push endless and so on. But the core is the same, you kill and loot. It is the same in something like Path of Exile, the main thing is about looting and killing, while you have options to test yourself versus certain things or play The Sims lite in your hideout. But the core never changes, since it is what defines the genre and its subgenres.

I also do enjoy the game outside of the loot, the loot simply sends me in a direction to go when I have a hard time deciding what to do in WF. It helps to have a goal for everything, especially when it comes down to PvE. Kinda like most things in life it comes down to the reward as the main reason for doing something.

Yes but it is not "these games" as in F2P it is "these games" such as in arpgs/looter shooters/hack n' slash. So your idea of what makes WF grindy is faulty, since it isnt because it is F2P because it doesnt reach the levels of abnormal grinds. It is on par with D3 or slightly less grindy and D3 does it simply as a mechanic since there is no hope for extra cash involved. It also isnt a skinner box, the things we need to buy can also be obtained 100% free or for a price the same as for a B2P game that will never get any updates or continued story. What exactly do I miss by not playing "RIGHT NOW" in WF? And what does it have to do with the F2P model. All games that have events mostly have you miss out if you dont play them when they are available. That has nothing to do with F2P which is what you claim stains the content releases, since it is present even in sub based games and B2P titles constantly when they are a live service.

I also dont enjoy grinding resources, never have in any game. But then again I've never felt the need to actively grind resources in WF outside of argon crystals and the new mats for RJ, which took a whooping whole hours (omg crazy grind!). I still have mats that pour out of every possible opening in my orbiter.

That is up to you if you dont want grender or dont want to grind arbitrations (it is not 75 rounds, it depends how many drones you kill aswell).

WF isnt super grindy though.

As fun as you want, not them. Many of us enjoy what they've done with a few misses here and there.

7 hours ago, tzadquiel said:

you have it backwards, dude. all of it, by the looks. looter shooter is a genre, whether you like it or not. existed long time before WF, and will long time after. people like grinding, because it is quantifying their efforts to obtain this or that item. its a tangible work they choose to put in, in order to get a reward. this is what this ENTIRE game is built upon, masses of people wanting the item/reward via grind. this is why they fling to this game, because RNG is, arbitrarily, the most neutral and unbiased mechanic to distribute rewards among players. 

your simplification of plat purchases is also lazy, and plain ignorant. people pay for convenience, because this game caters for many different social classes and groups. there is plat loaded people who play but don\t have time to grind, there is smart hustlers which grind plat otherwise, and use it for whatever they want when they feel like ballin'. there is also a completely F2P crowd, because of ideology, or financial status, or whatever reason. this is why plat rush mechanic exists.

and lastly, because your post has just too much vitriol to reread it again, you completely forgot that warframe evolved over the span of 7 years and result is what we see now. this is a byproduct of years of coding, years of feedback, and years of committed gameplay support. so, as such, it really is the product of community which is often contradictive as hell, or slowly becoming one. 

your personal hatred against DE might indicate you should just look for a different game, if you can't distance yourself from what you are seeing.

also, as a general tip in life too - if you don't like what company is doing with the 'payments' you made, stop your custom instead of calling them names. I like what they are doing and aside from a few personal doubts, I can easily estimate that the game and community is growing. this is the facts, you don't have to appreciate them.

PS. you're calling game makers incompetent. waiting to hear about the 'entirely possible non=grindy f2p game to make' in your own edition. 

There is a type of player that likes stupidly long grinds. The elitist that wants their rewards to be super exclusive so that no one else can have them. This is not the kind of player you want to be designing your game for, because then you will exclude everyone else. And these players are the main ones that will not pay to skip, because the massive grind is really the only value the rewards have to them. So you won't be making any money off of them.

They're called "Looter "Shooters", not "Grinder Shooters". Its not required for a loot based game to force you into grinding for every single thing. Its always an option if you get stuck and need some extra power to get through, but its rarely actually necessary for anything important. But not with Warframe, or many other F2P games like it. Here, you have to grind for days to do almost anything.

And about Warframe changing over time: That is the entire problem. This game used to be fun enough to make the grinding bearable. But at this point, the gameplay has become so unbalanced and boring that it isn't worth it anymore, because DE never seemed to care enough to keep that from happening. So you know what I have done? Exactly what you said: I completely stopped giving DE any money quite a while ago. I know that the only thing most companies will actually listen to is money, especially when they stop getting it. Because I am a mindful customer, not a mindless consumer, I know how to vote with my wallet.

The reason I am so hard on DE is not because I hate them, like you seem to think. Its because I want them to do better. I know they can do better. But if they keep getting nothing but praise for all their mistakes, why would they ever bother to improve? If I really hated DE and Warframe, I wouldn't be here at all. That's why I don't bother doing anything like this with Destiny, even though its got just as many obvious problems. I don't care enough about that game to even try.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

You have it backwards. The genre is about the grinding and the chase, then whatever else the devs decide to implement beyond that makes the game stand out. WF has the fashion, the option to push endless and so on. But the core is the same, you kill and loot. It is the same in something like Path of Exile, the main thing is about looting and killing, while you have options to test yourself versus certain things or play The Sims lite in your hideout. But the core never changes, since it is what defines the genre and its subgenres.

I also do enjoy the game outside of the loot, the loot simply sends me in a direction to go when I have a hard time deciding what to do in WF. It helps to have a goal for everything, especially when it comes down to PvE. Kinda like most things in life it comes down to the reward as the main reason for doing something.

Yes but it is not "these games" as in F2P it is "these games" such as in arpgs/looter shooters/hack n' slash. So your idea of what makes WF grindy is faulty, since it isnt because it is F2P because it doesnt reach the levels of abnormal grinds. It is on par with D3 or slightly less grindy and D3 does it simply as a mechanic since there is no hope for extra cash involved. It also isnt a skinner box, the things we need to buy can also be obtained 100% free or for a price the same as for a B2P game that will never get any updates or continued story. What exactly do I miss by not playing "RIGHT NOW" in WF? And what does it have to do with the F2P model. All games that have events mostly have you miss out if you dont play them when they are available. That has nothing to do with F2P which is what you claim stains the content releases, since it is present even in sub based games and B2P titles constantly when they are a live service.

I also dont enjoy grinding resources, never have in any game. But then again I've never felt the need to actively grind resources in WF outside of argon crystals and the new mats for RJ, which took a whooping whole hours (omg crazy grind!). I still have mats that pour out of every possible opening in my orbiter.

That is up to you if you dont want grender or dont want to grind arbitrations (it is not 75 rounds, it depends how many drones you kill aswell).

WF isnt super grindy though.

As fun as you want, not them. Many of us enjoy what they've done with a few misses here and there.

What you are talking about isn't grinding, its just collecting loot. And that's fine. Having lots of things to collect can be really fun, as long as they don't take it too far. As always, proper balance is key.

It becomes a problem when the game forces you to do it over and over and over and over and over until you want to rip your ears off in frustration. When the resource you need drops 7 per mission, and you need 100,000 for even the cheapest recipe. Or the rare drop you want only has a 0.001% drop rate from a super rare enemy. Or when you earn 100 XP per kill, but it takes 900,000,000 to level up. That's when it becomes grinding, and that sucks. Because the entire reason they do that is to pad out the game in the easiest way possible, not to make it more fun. Remember: If a game mechanic is inconvenient, it isn't by accident. Someone made it that way. And if they let you pay to make it less inconvenient, then it was definitely made that way on purpose.

I admit, Warframe isn't nearly as bad as other games when it comes to time limited items, because they do usually bring them back. Eventually. But, if you wanted to actually participate in the event itself, then you're SOL. Want to go kill some Tubemen? Want to destroy some of the original Formorians? Want to fight over Gradivus? Too bad, that was all years ago. Same with old mechanics. Want to try out parkour 1.0? Melee 2.0? Damage 1.0? Too bad, none of those exist anymore. Hope you like the new versions. So yeah, there is plenty of stuff to miss out on in this game.

And yeah, you are both right. This kind of thing has become stupidly common, and normalized. Because every big game company wants to make games that you never stop playing. And this is the easiest way to do that. And because the vast majority of gamers out there are mindless consumers, they enable it. They will buy and play anything if its marketed well enough, regardless of how terrible it may be. I don't hold it against all of them. Most of them are literal children, too young to know any better. But its still a huge problem. That's why Fallout 76 is still around, despite its reputation. People may say its the worst game ever made, but they're still playing and paying for it. So what does it matter? Bethesda doesn't care what you say, only what you do.

Really, I am not trying to tell you what to think about all this. I just want you to actually think about it at all, because not enough people do. Examine the games you play, and think about whether or not you truly enjoy them, or if you have just been suckered in by manipulative trickery. Don't just be mindless consumers that happily eat whatever crap you're served. Be mindful customers, and only spend your precious time and money where its actually deserved.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

Really, I am not trying to tell you what to think about all this. I just want you to actually think about it at all, because not enough people do. Examine the games you play, and think about whether or not you truly enjoy them, or if you have just been suckered in by manipulative trickery. Don't just be mindless consumers that happily eat whatever crap you're served. Be mindful customers, and only spend your precious time and money where its actually deserved.

I do all of that and I still give DE money because IMO, from my POV, with the facts at hand, I think they are doing a fine job.

What others call grinding I call playing the game.

I play as long as it's fun and then I do something else.

This is entertainment and entertainment costs money, I am happy to pay for entertainment.

People that think we have to tell the game companies how to run their business, especially successful games, are just silly to me.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

There is a type of player that likes stupidly long grinds. The elitist that wants their rewards to be super exclusive so that no one else can have them. This is not the kind of player you want to be designing your game for, because then you will exclude everyone else. And these players are the main ones that will not pay to skip, because the massive grind is really the only value the rewards have to them. So you won't be making any money off of them.

you know nothing about the WF playerbase, about its players, and about what social demographic group they are. and with continuing on pure assumptions like these, you will present yourself even more ignorant. you can do what you want, but probably better if you stop.
of course, stopping would be admitting to your own mistake, and I don't think you are closing on realization of this yet.

And about Warframe changing over time: That is the entire problem. This game used to be fun enough to make the grinding bearable. But at this point, the gameplay has become so unbalanced and boring that it isn't worth it anymore, because DE never seemed to care enough to keep that from happening. So you know what I have done? Exactly what you said: I completely stopped giving DE any money quite a while ago. I know that the only thing most companies will actually listen to is money, especially when they stop getting it. Because I am a mindful customer, not a mindless consumer, I know how to vote with my wallet.

problem to you, a nice everchanging landscape for me. if you stopped giving them money, great -  but now you have reduced yourself really to just a bitter dude on the internet, who complains about a free 2 play game. without paying for it. 
you have a problem with the genre, but I think you should internalize it, because, clearly, you are playing a game genre wrong for you. 

The reason I am so hard on DE is not because I hate them, like you seem to think. Its because I want them to do better. I know they can do better. But if they keep getting nothing but praise for all their mistakes, why would they ever bother to improve? If I really hated DE and Warframe, I wouldn't be here at all.

'i am hitting you because i love you' lmfao. if this is how you show your love and support, I genuinely wouldn't want to be part of your family. 

dont worry about my custom. I definitely have bigger irl trading experience than you, and most likely am older too. all my choices are based on my own opinions, I don't come here for them. but, I am also a free person. if i like something, I stick by it, this is my freedom. you are taking your own freedom away by playing a game that you dont enjoy, and instead of looking internally you look for external reasons/blames why you play it, then sorry dude - you are the only person that can help yourself. 

• Like 3

Finally got a controller working and have played a few hours of D2.

I honestly cannot believe I'm saying this but honestly I was less confused when I started Warframe than when I started D2's New Light.

There's trimming the fat and cutting down on content bloat, and then there is D2 where you can traipse about with no idea where to go or how to get there because there is ZERO guidance other than "Here are the playlists, now grind". I had to freaking Google how to play through the 3 initial campaigns, at least Warframe tries to introduce some form of linear progression from planet to planet, D2 just has you fill up an XP bar and BOOM another area.

Mechanically it is solid, as solid as I remember D1 being back on the PS3, but I still think Warframe's movement options beat out Destiny 10 times out of 10. Comparing third person to first person isn't really easy, so I'll just say that both of them work well in their own niche (with my personal preference going to the freedom of motion WF has).

Loot also suffers from the "So much loot I actually am not excited for any of it" issue for me, I've been replacing things as fast as I get them and have seen no meaningful improvement. Enemies also feel...irritating in D2, overall even though the A.I is better I feel like the enemies have the game fluffing the numbers for them rather than actually keeping up with the player.

I can't really say much more though, it just feels like despite the larger budget D2 feels clunky and like the step to F2P wasn't thought through well enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tzadquiel said:

I just quoted you to get your attention.

So, since you seem to think that grinding is so much fun, why is it that as soon as DE released Scarlet Spear, it has gotten nothing but hate for being too grindy? Why hasn't anyone been praising DE for releasing such a glorious grind fest? Why haven't YOU been singing its praises to the high heavens?

And don't bother responding. I already know the answer, and don't really care what you have to say.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

So, since you seem to think that grinding is so much fun, why is it that as soon as DE released Scarlet Spear, it has gotten nothing but hate for being too grindy? Why hasn't anyone been praising DE for releasing such a glorious grind fest? Why haven't YOU been singing its praises to the high heavens?

And don't bother responding. I already know the answer, and don't really care what you have to say.

Perhaps because players who are happy don't tend to come to the forums. They play the game.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Agnostus said:

and then Scarlet spear came... well... its like DE is taking my side on the arguments.

Just because an update to a game is disappointing, it doesn't mean that the other game deals the issue better.

Destiny and Warframe has both their own perks and flaws. One has flawed updates that can happen, the other has awful f2p economics. One has endgame content, the other offers many ways to customize your weaponry.

Digital Extremes can learn some things from Bungie, and viceversa.

• Like 1

I found Destiny 2 to be more boring than BORDERLANDS 2, yes 2, not 3.

The only thing Destiny 2 has over Borderlands is better gunplay and being "prettier". But Borderlands has the better loot and more fun to use skills.

Half the skills in Destiny 2 feel the same...

The thing I enjoyed with destiny 2 is that it has tutorials that explain things to you. Even if they get annoying they pop up and explain how to track a quest, How to do XYZ. Warframe has none of that and i feel bad for new players getting into this game and having no idea what to do. Almost every other game i play has a tutorial, A way for new players or vets to learn a new system and it shows them how. Destiny does that from the start.. and even when you played some time it shows you what you need to do and how.  And I enjoyed Destiny 2 Citamatics and quests overall.

Warframe on the other does none of this. How hard is it t just to have pop ups explaining what does what. Honestly would make the game a bit better if we understood what in the world we were doing half the time. 

• Like 1

On 2020-03-19 at 7:27 PM, AdunSaveMe said:

This isn't the Destiny 2 forum. Comparing the two completely different games is stupid.

I can't believe we're now well into 2020 and the Warframe community still hasn't dropped this.

is the only other good scifi looter shooter we have anyways (yeah anthem is not)

• 11 months later...

I mostly agree.  The one thing I want to add is how ridiculous it is that people still argue that these two games are not alike.  And not even in a same genre kind of way.  There are tons of very specific details that are exactly the same.  From loading screens, sounds, and terminology to the progression of The core game itself.  Yes, there are also huge differences.  But the similarities are so stark that either one is taking ideas from the other or there are developers working at both.  LOL

• Like 1

On 2020-03-19 at 5:12 PM, Agnostus said:

First off, i must admit, WF has ruined movement in every other game for me. The fluidity of movement in WF is just unmatched, truly.

Now, on to the bad things. I cant help myself but be so disappointed by how much WF is lacking in comparison to Destiny 2. I accidentally started out by running dungeons (the equivalent of that in Destiny 2 at least) and O.M.F.G. At least 5-6 different 20-minute expeditions with voice narration and differentiation in areas. And as ive read more, this is just the tip of the iceberg! There is a HUGE amount of original content in the game comparable more to an mmo (and probably a well polished one) than a shooter.

Then i continued to the "main quest line" and the open world... Just amazed. So many different things happening all at once, people running around, public events, quests and side quests all happening at the same time.

The game features PvP and PvPvE but honestly im not even comparing this because i believe PvP is hard to implement in WF.

What strikes me though as such an unfair deal we're getting with WF is the true lack of content. Every 3 months DE offers a 45-125 euro pack for 5 cosmetic items (accessories and a prime wf thats basically the same wf with a bit of an upgrade in stats and better looks). Truly disappointing. 

DE will say that they want to keep all real content free. I respect that to some extend but there could be a compromise. Make the frame obtainable in game, but the cosmetics obtainable through a quest that you gotta pay real money (or plat maybe?) to unlock. This will make people that do enjoy the game probably more keen on actually buying the packs. Or actually create some original content, raids, dungeons, timed events that need something more than plain zombie-mode grinding, PvEvP, anything for crying out loud! 

Liches are a lovely addition as a concept, yet just a more spongy enemy to put bullets in. Empyrian, albeit a new game mode, yet with a lackluster execution. Fortuna, copy of PoE with snow. The best actual content WF offered were Eidolons! An amazing boss fight, with skill, team effort and gear required to complete within a time frame to get the maximum loot! And that was 3 years ago!

I believe all my words are a lost cause, DE had 7 years now to provide us with actual content and they never did, it just pains me to see a game that ive spent more than 2k hours in, just stay stagnant and not achieve its full potential even after all those years.

Those were my 50 cents. Thank you for reading this far.

OP, what you experienced was simply playing another great game for the first time. There are a ton of Destiny players who have experienced the opposite and both are normal and okay. 

What I'm surprised at is how you would suddenly place your over 2k hours of playtime into a singular focus of how far a game has developed. You enjoyed your 2k hours...otherwise there exists a deep problem. If you truly enjoyed even half of those 2k hours then DE did their job 10 fold. Therefore, I'd love to hear from you after 2k hours of Destiny 2 without playing Warframe. That will be a truly interesting feedback post.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-20 at 1:27 AM, Lion said:

Not to really counter any of your points, I think most are fair observations. However I'm not sure that the comparison of Destiny to Warframe is really a fair one. People seem to forget that Warframe was and remains to be an independent game that had no major game publishers backing it up. You really need to look at the logistics of everything when comparing the two.

Destiny as a series on the other hand, in the same span of years as Warframe, has had over 500 million invested in it by major publisher Activision, on top of having 2 full priced games that sold ridiculously well. Not to mention they have name brand recognition in the name of Bungie and Activision. Warframe is backed by a small studio (and admittedly a chinese chicken company which has nowhere near the financial power of the aforementioned companies), in short, Warframe's small team (roughly 300 employees versus Bungie's 600+) coupled with the revenue (reportedly less than half of what Destiny 2 made in 2019) just can't compete with that, and it shows.

tl;dr

Warframe compared to Bungie has:

-half the team

-half the money

-half the name brand

It can only be expected that it falls short compared to another studio that started off much better than DE did.

Dear  you can also stop shooting bullS#&$ De have 250-500 employees and work by 8 years on 1 game XD,wasting money making cinematics of S#&$ from 3 years ago nobody cares about seeing hidroyd at tennocon but never buy server or better make new quest and last but not least the DE was bought by tencent that some money let's say he owns it!and for highly trained macaques like you who don't know things I also put the link https://www.pcgamer.com/tencent-acquires-warframe-developer-digital-extremes-and-several-other-studios/

• Like 1