Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.2

[DE]Megan

Can we disable the Operation Link spam? Maybe turn it off like we have in options for region, or not have the icon blinking all the time.

From prevous threads, things that would be awesome if they were addressed:

Spoiler

First and foremost: Any word about player EHP/Armor/etc being affected (see this post)? The last response Rebecca made was it was "being worked on" 1 month ago, and this same issue has been brought up a few times recently so I do not think it's resolved. Please, could you give us an update?

Additionally,

Can heavy attacks please not consume the combo counter when you swing and DON'T hit anything? This feels even worse on smaller range weapons which can't really hit  adjacent enemies if the heavy attack misses the main target, unlike polearms/whips/etc.

Will the numerous visual bugs with zaw nikanas ever be fixed?

Can the team please reconsider having random stats on pets with the upcoming rework? RNG stats feel miserable (Liches, Railjack) and enough pets are already bred and dumped because of body type/energy color/head/tail

Are you just going to leave recent changes as is? Self-stagger on amps for example, impact still being an undesired proc as it hurts headshot weapons, etc.

This includes the shieldgating megathread these were common feedback posts:

• The constant shield regen, especially with Shield Ospreys is very difficult if you're not modding something to straight up bypass their defense like toxin, with slash having to eat through their shields first it's... not fun when my fully build rifle is suddenly having to expend the whole magazine to kill a level 90 Tech.
  • If shieldgate is going to require 2 hits to kill an shielded enemy, then the spillover is just way too low imo. It's frustrating to have a kitted out melee all the sudden not one tapping level 17 Corpus Crewmen because 5% of its damage just isn't enough to kill it. I can't really aim for the head with a sword either. Low ROF guns are getting kind of shafted.
  • Grey invuln for shield gate invuln duration. It's a good visual indicator that I thought at least Hildryn had?
  • Shield gate can't be bypassed by 'skill' if there is no headshot box Why are Arbitration Drones shield gated?? Corpus Cameras??

Hate for this to not be on the newest content drop but if you don't get first page and spam the latest hotfix with requests or make it big on Reddit it's like feedback goes straight to the shredder.

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix. I'm having a hard time putting time into this event. On one hand I am a content dry Warframe player who is quite literally stuck in their home for the most part. However on the other hand, Scarlet Spear is an unpolished mess where the Railjack portion barely functions, and the ground squad is extremely tedious after a few hours worth of runs. I want to grind my way to having the new weapons and new Arcanes, but it's just painful to play this gamemode that feels as half baked as Empyrean as a whole. I understand you guys are seriously pinched from working at home and such, but please stop releasing an unpolished and unfinished update. Liches were the first red flag in the last few months, and it seems it's just continuing again.

The matchmaking for this Operation is questionable. We cannot even make custom flotillas comprised of clan members or custom 8 player squad links. You claimed this was a community event, but it hinges on flotilla activity. Nothing is worse in Warframe than being unable to go at your own pace. Slowing down in space because the random pub 4 squad on the ground is taking a while to produce codes is infuriating after the first few times.

Rewards really need to be addressed. 8 players across the squad link should share the same points income one way or another. There should not be a situation where someone has an incentive to invest in a specific side of this event and not the other as this will create imbalance in the matchmaking structure.

Im not reading all this but this game is cheeks de needs to blow up their office and start from the ground up

1 hour ago, Kouden said:

Amen on that. Things need to change, but nobody ever listen. Feels like some ppl try to kill their own game, bcs such insane grind just scares off new and veteran players alike

The costs compared to the reward per mission is INSANE (at least for the two guns) .  Uhhhhhhh I thought the discussion was to LOWER the grind.  I have no problems with capping each mission type to max number of 'complete's but Lotus' dreadlocks... ENOUGH already!  The Hemma should have been a clue the community is sick of the insane costs per item for event-locked material.😡

2 hours ago, ST4R-DUST said:

Can we please get a better matchmaking system for the scarlet spear railjack missions? If you have a Railjack you're forced to start your own squad without being able to join others who're already going through with it, a choice to do either would be nice.

THIS...right above me THIS.  WTH no matchmaking?  YOU NUTZ?  No Seriously, love you guys over there at DE but this was NOT well thought out.

14 minutes ago, Shemarria said:

The costs compared to the reward per mission is INSANE (at least for the two guns) .  Uhhhhhhh I thought the discussion was to LOWER the grind.  I have no problems with capping each mission type to max number of 'complete's but Lotus' dreadlocks... ENOUGH already!  The Hemma should have been a clue the community is sick of the insane costs per item for event-locked material.😡

THIS...right above me THIS.  WTH no matchmaking?  YOU NUTZ?  No Seriously, love you guys over there at DE but this was NOT well thought out.

fully agreed on that aswell... the event release feels once again kinda rushed out, as if nobody at DE ever test it out for severe bugs etc and especially the insanely ridiculous grind for points. its as if nobody cares that players have jobs with long work hrs and family life too. but did they listen after almost 3 yrs of criticism and backlash? nope....

Would it be reasonable of me to ask if you guys might allow shedu parts and broken war parts to drop from the specific sentients in the event? Seeing as you're fighting symbilysts and conculysts after all, at least to have another chance at it. Also, after doing a few Murex raids, solo mostly(only), could you guys maybe have sargus ruk calm down with the crewships from hell and its swarms of ramsleds that could eclipse the sun? Because going for Murex 3 in one mission isnt all that appealling when The Pillock of all Pillocks troops' show up. Or of course this might just be my lack of skill talking.

Il y a 6 heures, Voltage a dit :

Thank you for the hotfix. I'm having a hard time putting time into this event. On one hand I am a content dry Warframe player who is quite literally stuck in their home for the most part. However on the other hand, Scarlet Spear is an unpolished mess where the Railjack portion barely functions, and the ground squad is extremely tedious after a few hours worth of runs. I want to grind my way to having the new weapons and new Arcanes, but it's just painful to play this gamemode that feels as half baked as Empyrean as a whole. I understand you guys are seriously pinched from working at home and such, but please stop releasing an unpolished and unfinished update. Liches were the first red flag in the last few months, and it seems it's just continuing again.

It must be one of the great feedbacks they're talking about i guess.

1 hour ago, Eenbeen said:

Would it be reasonable of me to ask if you guys might allow shedu parts and broken war parts to drop from the specific sentients in the event? Seeing as you're fighting symbilysts and conculysts after all, at least to have another chance at it. Also, after doing a few Murex raids, solo mostly(only), could you guys maybe have sargus ruk calm down with the crewships from hell and its swarms of ramsleds that could eclipse the sun? Because going for Murex 3 in one mission isnt all that appealling when The Pillock of all Pillocks troops' show up. Or of course this might just be my lack of skill talking.

No problems with Sargas Ruk - just ignore them

Some group have some priority over the others squad on murex raid? Some squad I see in the operation link chat constantly received kill code from ground squad meanwhile murex squad like us need to wait over 10 min to received only one kill code and this things need to be address and optimization without put a priority over the others squad... Please fix it, I can't stand of it anymore and it's kinda annoyed me at some point

Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime

1 week before event ends: we have reduced the prices on Lil Duck's shop.

we also extended the event to 2 months since the bugs we forgot to fix weren't fixed fast enough.

you can now matchmake into public rj missions.

probably won't happen tho lol

12 minutes ago, _Whisp3r_ said:

Some group have some priority over the others squad on murex raid? Some squad I see in the operation link chat constantly received kill code from ground squad meanwhile murex squad like us need to wait over 10 min to received only one kill code and this things need to be address and optimization without put a priority over the others squad... Please fix it, I can't stand of it anymore and it's kinda annoyed me at some point

Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime

Yeah, until you realize the oplink you put already gone bye bye... It's insane to wait over 10 min just for one kill code..😂😂😂

As much as i love warframe and as good as I understand that you can‘t test everything, the most recent patches were kinda frustrating for me. I mean it‘s fine that some minor things don‘t work 100% after a patch has been deployed. However what you‘ve been shipping recently was for many player simply not playable (crashes, freezes, lockdowns in space unable to move). I would love to see an improvement here. I stringly believe you can do better :-)

What's going on with the options? Something is wrong with all my keys. My controllers sensitivity is now dictated by my mouse sensitivity, I've tried to change my controls on pad back to how I like them as I don't use default but they remain as default. I have my mouse thumb button as a back button but this does not work. This update just seems to have broken the options and it really needs fixing otherwise how are we suppose to play?

So, little less angry, with a little more experience on the economy.  It still sucks, and the thing is fundamentally wonky.

I was part of a flotilla that defeated the 100th Murex, and received a communication with 2000 free standing.   That's great...until you see the variability in completion and the wonky nature of a group getting 100 of them killed.  Fine.  I've transmitted 12 kill codes, and the counter has gone from 14 Murex to 42.  Logically then I should get some reward?  Nope.  If one is awarded it only seems to be if you are in the flotilla when the 100th is downed.  Likewise, the point counter only seems to go up then.

OK, I've put in a little shy of two hours.....I can buy a decoration.  Ouch.  At 8 hours I might be able to earn the whip, or 6 might get me the gun.  That is assuming the 2000 credit boosts come in the mail....maybe.   

What about the mission itself?  Yeah, no.  12 rounds brings us from level 20+ enemies to level 128+ eximus units.  They spawn literally all around you, so not a lot of time to do anything but AoE.  Try to use the Opticor, and self damage?  Yeah, there seems to be a large invisible hitbox around the Condrix.  I try to shoot incoming enemies and suddenly get a stream of staggers without any answer as to why.  Three steps forward, and they stop.  Ahhh, invisible hitbox combined with the stupid stagger.

Let's talk about communication too.  15 points for the first cycle.  It takes about half an hour to get to where 200-300 points are added per cycle.  By this point you've got level 90+ enemies, and the cost of even a basic arcane is 1500.  The cost to get a new item is an order of magnitude higher at 15000.  You've spent the last 4 months walking back a number of insulting time wasters.  Railjack construction, Kuva Lich murmur grind, Railjack resources, Lich random spawning, Lich cosmetic rates, Railjack resources (not a duplicate, they increased spawn rates multiple times), Railjack RNG spread, and Lich RNG elemental additions.  That's just naming a few, and you release Scarlet Spear to address the painful arcane change.  You either don't get it, or need to stop for a moment and think things through better.

Before anyone else answers, no.  No DE doesn't get to say this is a step forward, because past event economies were broken by cheaters exploiting bad coding.  I don't penalize people for my mistakes, I fix them ASAP and learn.  This is Dog Days grind and non-rewards like Disruptions started as.  You'll note in both examples DE made substantial changes that they seem not to have learned from here.

Archived