Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On the change to Venari Heal

Slaytanic93

Personally, I think the problem isn't really that DE took that aspect of Khora out, because the mechanic was niche to the point of obscurity anyways and did mess with OpLinks (though whether those things are important enough to never be messed with is another matter, especially since Limbo makes them invincible in a much less interesting way). Rather, my issue is that they didn't change anything else, or even changed the tips associated with the mechanic they killed off. Khora is worse off than before and has lost a niche, when she was by no means among the strongest frames around, let alone the most broken. Even though she'll play the exact same in most missions, she now has even less reason to play intelligently with her 3, and her being nerfed without any sort of compensation makes it feel like DE doesn't really care about the frame or her players, so much as protecting their new event, which players like a lot less.

• Like 2

Well we didn't loose much. Since venari wasn't used to heal the defense targets usually. And there aren't many frames that can heal or repelish shields to the defense target either. (If I'm correct only mag can repesish shields to almost everything.)

But it is a weird step from DE.

10 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok while I agree that this is a BS change that should be reverted immediately.

Can we not keep dragging Saryn into every thread involving DE nerfing something that doesn’t need to be nerfed?

O   Saryn will be stepping up to the plate next don’t you worry,  that Nerf bat will be hitting a home run, taking limbo with her..     Can’t have you guys having fun, what you think this is,  a Game or something…  poor Venari  you did nothing wrong but shorten someones grind time,   we can’t have that..  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, schilds said:

What's so hard about saying "we reviewed and changed our mind on how Venari's heal interacts with a variety of objects"?

Why be tricky about it?

What if "DE" isn't a singular hive-minded entity, and there are different people working on different things at different times? Especially since everyone's working from home right now, this sounds like it could be a "wires crossed" thing.

Possible scenario: Venari isn't supposed to heal Oplinks, the bugfixer who fixed this issue didn't design Khora, wasn't aware of the normal interaction with Defense pods and flicked the switch for all defense point targets to fix the issue. Ideally, this is the part  where Skyers gets on the line with the bugfix team and says, "hey, not healing Oplinks is fine, but Venari's supposed to heal Cryopods."

11 hours ago, --Brandt-- said:

Can't say I'm surprised 😛 I guess they're so bored working from home that they're going back and changing intended features. Even if it's 2 years after something is released and claiming "it's a bug". 

I keep refreshing the "latest staff replies" tab every few minutes hoping to see what comical reply they give to justify this pointless change or if they'll change Khora's tips in game without mentioning it in patch notes to pretend like it was never there.

Edit: For the sake of adding in my own screenshot just in case the above happens.

sO9zRvL.jpg

When are they also going to nerf that tip indicating that it was an intended mechanic?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DraekoSilver said:

I am getting sick and tired of this S#&$. All the problems with warfame and they do this? #*!% this, they are giving more reasons to ditch this game with every update.

Sunk cost fallacy or not.

Then go quit over some really minor pedantic change

18 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

What if "DE" isn't a singular hive-minded entity, 

they are a single company. companies arent communities, they are expected to have a singular vision and are expected to work in unison through their chain of command. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

What if "DE" isn't a singular hive-minded entity, and there are different people working on different things at different times? Especially since everyone's working from home right now, this sounds like it could be a "wires crossed" thing.

Possible scenario: Venari isn't supposed to heal Oplinks, the bugfixer who fixed this issue didn't design Khora, wasn't aware of the normal interaction with Defense pods and flicked the switch for all defense point targets to fix the issue. Ideally, this is the part  where Skyers gets on the line with the bugfix team and says, "hey, not healing Oplinks is fine, but Venari's supposed to heal Cryopods."

Yes what if.    Ether way ,community outrage is the only way to get DE to notice this " mistake " and fix it.  And then we might get the famous " this bug fix INS'T WORKING AS INTENDED  " 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

they are a single company. companies arent communities, they are expected to have a singular vision and are expected to work in unison through their chain of command. 

It's entirely possible they don't. Entirely possible there are multiple teams working on different projects and, as the saying goes, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...and neither knows what the feet are doing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

In 3 years, after they remove staggering from the staticor. 

I honestly didn't know Venari could heal defense objectives. But that kinda makes sense right? She's a defensive frame but can't actually deny damage to defense objectives. So the compromise to her swiss cheese Strangledom is that Venari could heal the defense objectives. What's wrong with that?

I understand why they nerfed it for OpLinks... but all defense objectives? And when it's their own tip?

• Like 8

1 minute ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

It's entirely possible they don't. Entirely possible there are multiple teams working on different projects and, as the saying goes, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...and neither knows what the feet are doing. 

it is entirely possible that they dont. which is a huge problem. they arent working on different products, they are all working on this game. they are supposed to know what each other is doing. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

And nothing of value is lost, the redux.

Seriously, Khora aleady has two excellent CC powers that are both very valuable in defense.

This nerf is a good fix for consistency sake.

She is a defense frame that can't actually deny damage to defense objectives and compromised on that with a heal ability that worked on defense objectives. While I didn't realize Venari could actually do that, it sure seems pretty darn intuitive and consistent for her role in the game.

I mean... when I learned about it, I was pretty surprised Venari could do that. But 10-20 seconds of pondering led me to my first sentence and I was like, "Ohhh...that makes sense!"

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, nslay said:

I honestly didn't know Venari could heal defense objectives. But that kinda makes sense right? She's a defensive frame but can't actually deny damage to defense objectives. So the compromise to her swiss cheese Strangledom is that Venari could heal the defense objectives. What's wrong with that?

I understand why they nerfed it for OpLinks... but all defense objectives? And when it's their own tip?

DE going overboard on their nerfs sadly. No reason to do that honestly. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, nslay said:

I knew she could, but didn't use Venari for that as I find the kitty a bit cumbersome to use. Just nerf for nerfs sake, and the worst part is they won't be honest. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

And nothing of value is lost, the redux.

Seriously, Khora aleady has two excellent CC powers that are both very valuable in defense.

This nerf is a good fix for consistency sake.

Disagree. Her healing was not usefull enough to be considered for player heals, she absolutely cannot compete in this field with any other support Frame. However, healing defensive targets (with whooping 50 base HP/sec) is a rare and benefitual interaction, that made Khora more relevant and gave her one more niche application.
And since you started talking about consistency, Khora could heal players as well as defensive targets, while other Frames connot.

Let's be real. This "fix" happened only due to ongoing event. DE have all the rights to change the game however they want, however, they cannot treat palyers like brainless cattle. This was an incompetent attempt to sell a nerf as a "fix".

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

Disagree. Her healing was not usefull enough to be considered for player heals, she absolutely cannot compete in this field with any other support Frame. However, healing defensive targets (with whooping 50 base HP/sec) is a rare and benefitual interaction, that made Khora more relevant and gave her one more niche application.
And since you started talking about consistency, Khora could heal players as well as defensive targets, while other Frames connot.

Let's be real. This "fix" happened only due to ongoing event. DE have all the rights to change the game however they want, however, they cannot treat palyers like brainless cattle. This was an incompetent attempt to sell a nerf as a "fix".

It's galling they nerfed a niche frame. It's even more galling 

15 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

they (removed cannot to get point across) treat palyers like brainless cattle. This was an incompetent attempt to sell a nerf as a "fix".

• Like 1

Also it would be nice to put some brains into this damn cat.
Because sometimes she just stuck somewhere on the map like one of those NPC in Bethesda games.
I don't know... Add teleportation back to Khora, when Venari is out of certain range from her?