Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On the change to Venari Heal

Slaytanic93

Just now, Fire2box said:

I'd be fine if they were upfront about it and just say they want to nerf it because they feel it's too strong or nerf it for the duration of the event because it screws with their 75,000 credit healing drone. 

But outright lying saying it's a bug is why I'm more then happy to never financially support DE again and if it wasn't for me falling for obvious sunk cost fallacy I would be drowning in Monster Hunter World.

Yup, another instance where DE just won't be honest. As commonly used excuse as the "we never considered this..." or "we never knew this existed...".  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fire2box said:

I'd be fine if they were upfront about it and just say they want to nerf it because they feel it's too strong or nerf it for the duration of the event because it screws with their 75,000 credit healing drone. 

But outright lying saying it's a bug is why I'm more then happy to never financially support DE again and if it wasn't for me falling for obvious sunk cost fallacy I would be drowning in Monster Hunter World.

Ive already had to move on and let go of Warframe and drown myself in oldrim.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

The cat will still heal the player. Just use the varazin tree to void dash heal.

I'm not sure if it has been removed from other areas but it doesn't work in the Scarlet spear event oplinks are unaffected

also as the khora heal I could have sworn I tried this the first day of the event and it wasn't working then moved on to frost  all his defense abilities are completely ignored by sentient so off to limbo.   Frost still work for the ground mission so since you're defending against the Grineer during the Oplink phase.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

7 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

No, it's used to define someone who utterly, completely and will, no matter what, defend whatever DE does. 

It’s a term to strip complexity from someone, make them “On one side”, and set them up as a straw person to knock down more easily, when we’re all of us a gradient of nuance and thought.

• Like 1

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

It’s a term to strip complexity from someone, make them “On one side”, and set them up as a straw person to knock down more easily, when we’re all of us a gradient of nuance and thought.

Well, they are on one side. As I said, it is used to describe someone who will defend DE regardless of what they do. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

DE is running out of ideas and Warframe feels like a game with no direction. Developers dont play their own game, Scarlet Spear is a prime example. They dont even know what they made as a feature and what is an actual bug. DE most likely internally broken into many divisions that fails to communicate with each other. I am seriously concerned about the future of this game. 

They ran out of ideas a very long time ago. 

We have the star chart missions.  Alerts are star chart missions.  Invasions are.  Syndicate missions are.  Fissures are.  Sortie is.  POE?  Same gameplay loop, different setting.  Fortuna is snowy POE with Aussie accents.  Liches?  Literally star chart missions with a new field boss.  Think about what's actually new about liches and how long it took them to put that out.  The last truly new thing they put out that wasn't just the same star chart mission gameplay loop was Railjack, and it's literally the same mission 25 times in a row.  The enemies don't even change.  I can't even remember if there's a pallet swap on them, just a slight rename on their prefix.

They have been putting out the exact same content with a slightly different coat of paint for literally years now, and they nerf us every time we complain about it.  The majority of the people still playing are people too new to know better and vets that are suffering from sunk cost and FOMO.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RFaul said:

Let us not derail this please. Interesting enough did someone in DE decide to change a feature by design and call it a fix? Definitely some explanation is warranted.

Sorry. You are correct about re-railing it back into the topic.

I agree that an explanation is warranted, and it’d be good to find out what happened and why

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 2

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

Sorry. You are correct about re-railing it back into the topic.

I agree that an explanation is warranted

I'm 100% expecting a "we didn't know this was in the game" as an explanation. Honestly, when we do get that explanation I'll be extremely frustrated and I'll laugh my butt off at them doing it again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

I'm 100% expecting a "we didn't know this was in the game" as an explanation. Honestly, when we do get that explanation I'll be extremely frustrated and I'll laugh my butt off at them doing it again. 

time to get Rebb and Steve to do some PR for us..  

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

Wow. It's almost as if 2 different devs made the ability screen tip and changed khora. 

Brozime put a video up on Youtube where he and his girlfriend, who is the community manager for another developer, and they came to the possible conclusion DE has multiple teams and it's the situation where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and neither knows what the foot is doing. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Brozime put a video up on Youtube where he and his girlfriend, who is the community manager for another developer, and they came to the possible conclusion DE has multiple teams and it's the situation where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and neither knows what the foot is doing. 

Which is also the same possible reason I pointed out before as to why scarlet spear balancing is off 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

If that's the case then they need to un-#*!% themselves because the players shouldn't be suffering for their incompetence.  They need to revert this change.  FOMO or not, I will not be playing again until they stop nerfing literally everything I like.  FOMO is a double edged sword too, because if they wait too long to stop screwing things up, people won't come back for having missed out on too much.  I don't care how much I like the core parts of this game, if they keep this up and I miss out on too much then I know it's over for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Remember the time when they said mesa regulators being able to proc Arcane Velocity is a bug that people used since the dawn of time? This is just ridiculous! Calling anything a bug when it doesn't suit them. 

Maybe its time to give this game a rest. Its not going anywhere and so far 2020 feels like the worst. 

Anyone remember that time they "bugfixed" loot frames from stacking multiple times on the same target despite Meg and Rebb using it on Prime Time years ago, and then sold a mod drop chance booster?

Edited by Dragazer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Was Trinity or Oberon ever able to heal like Cryopods or Excavators? At the same time, can Venari still heal Defection Kavor or the sortie Defense guy that wanders around?

Venari can no longer heal anything other than warframes. 

It was such a neat feature of her kit just..pointlessly removed for no good reason. like do they want everyone to be spamming limbo there or what.
it was't even that strong, as it can still easily take dmg and get destroyed if you don't pay attention and keep the enemy from shooting it(since it that seemed to stop the heal for a few secs), really sad change that i hope they better revert back. and the fact that we still have the ability tip ingame..like how can they pass this as a "fix".

3 hours ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Venari can no longer heal anything other than warframes. 

That is definitely not true. One of the first things I did after reading this thread was to try it on human operatives, and it still works there, both the marking and the actual healing. I haven't tried sortie or arbitration defense, but rescue and syndicate operatives, which work identically, are healed by Venari's aura as always, so I'd imagine all human operatives are unchanged. I'd put plat on the fact that she'll still heal beast companions as well.

Edit: Just checked, and yes, Kavor defectors and beast pets are also healed.

3 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Was Trinity or Oberon ever able to heal like Cryopods or Excavators? At the same time, can Venari still heal Defection Kavor or the sortie Defense guy that wanders around?

I'm not aware of them having been able to do so, but I joined only a couple of years ago and Trinity in particular had had many, many limitations added to her power set before I got here. To my knowledge, the only things that could ever heal excavators were Vazarin and Venari.

Edit: And I believe only Trinity heals Sentinels, correct?

Edited by CopperBezel

I'm curious how DE will explain. A few of you mentioned it will be the usual "we didn't know about this", but those who wrote the tips in Khora's ability screen clearly did. Maybe DE is fractioned into several departments and the communication isn't great, but they are one company for their players, so they can tell this argument to eachother in a meeting, but not to their customers. There will be another explanation, either the "bug fix" is revoked or not, and I'm very curious about it.

• Like 2