Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is everyone being a butthurt all of a sudden?

MuTe43

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

There was a time when Warframe was far less a game than it is now, and the most "toxic" post was people saying how much they hate nullifiers or clamoring for universal vacuum. 

i think Warframe's mainstream exposure after Plains of Eidelon brought both great things and bad things, and i think we can see some of the consequences of that in the forums.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I get confused every time I return to this game and see forums burning over something I thought was reasonably implemented. 

Liches had me the most confused.  I returned to the game, spawned a cool lich, killed it after reading some tutorials, came to forums to see others experience and the forum was absolute chaos. 

What I saw as a custom mini-boss was apparently the worst thing DE had ever done. What I thought was a cool, yet meaningless, kill animation was apparently complete disrespect to player base... It was insane. 

Currently, I'm having a blast with the ship and the event seems just as grindy as all the others. According to forum, the game is falling apart. A few years ago, the player base would've loved an event that had a freaking ship flying into another more massive ship to fight sentients in a modified defense. Today, it's a sign of "out of touch devs"

This. People get so worked up if something isn't what they were expecting or needs some patches. Now that SS has been patched up, it's run smoothly for me, and I've already got all the arcanes I wanted. Who knows how many eidolons I would have had to run to get these.

Of course, there's a filter effect at play - people who are happy mostly don't come to the forums to complain, they're playing the game instead.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Scott wanting to remove the Simulcrum.

14 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Excuse me what?

That's not quite what he said: https://youtu.be/uuUS25YF2FM?t=6343

He said that he doesn't like it, because when any new content drops, people immediately go there to test it, and a bunch of the content that comes out of the update is people sitting in a gray room shooting motionless enemies to see what the numbers are like, and that's not representative of the game experience. And I quite understand where he's coming from, to be honest.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, (XB1)chriszewski said:

Inflammation causes temporary "growth" but when treated properly it shrinks.

Oh, I'm not talking about that kind of it.

I'm talking about what causes the butthurt in the first place.

Spoiler

if+you+know+what+i+mean.png

3 minutes ago, ProTerraMori said:

That's not quite what he said: https://youtu.be/uuUS25YF2FM?t=6343

He said that he doesn't like it, because when any new content drops, people immediately go there to test it, and a bunch of the content that comes out of the update is people sitting in a gray room shooting motionless enemies to see what the numbers are like, and that's not representative of the game experience. And I quite understand where he's coming from, to be honest.

I mean, anyone who turns off AI is just asking for inaccurate results.

And people have been asking for Simulcrum updates for years to make it a better representation of normal gameplay. So this whole issue steals from DE just not giving the Simulcrum an update.

1 hour ago, MuTe43 said:

i recently got back into the game after like 8 months, and i can't believe at how the community especially on here is complaining all the time.

i mean last year a large number of people were asking for new content and how the devs were sleeping and now when they got content all they do is complain.

they said the event is adds so much to the grind and when they added good arcanes to the shop to enormously lessen the grind from eidolon hunting they complain even more.

like even if you dont like the event just dont play it, you can play for 2 hours get the weapons then stop.

on top of it, the railjack updates gets more S#&$ because apparently people now stopped liking the new content they asked about i mean from my prespective i like it because eventually it will get updated and gets deeper than it is.

like it or not warframe is a grinding game where you can have fun, bugs happen and they get fixed every update, it's not a competitive of who get's more plat or who gets the OPier build.

like if you like the game stop giving unplanned ideas and pretending to be a century ahead of the team, games like H1Z1 who started following the orders of its community fell off and died.

enjoy the game, give it a break, lol.

don't forget that it's quarantine time and you have the most time to grind of any point in your life.

Its DE's fault, instead of adding new Levels and tilesets, expanding on systems that already exists, They decided to release a Giant pile of bugs that once was known as "Railjack", deviding their playerbase into two armies that constantly fight each other, some wants the game to be fixed, others want new content no matter what, some wants Space combat others wants the game to be like it used to be, its DE's fault if the community is so devided rightnow, its difficult for them to make the game appeal to the 27 million losers anymore, Thanks to their "ambition" and false advertisement.

what I'm saying here is, DE could've prevented all of this from happening if they where knowing what they're doing, but this "Don't worry about it, just ship it" mentality is whats Wrong with the Devs, they litterally added a game inside what we all know as WARFRAME, the space ninja game that we all losed and care about. and if you ask me it all started with the "Open worlds" which is litterally big empty maps with no purpose, Eidolon hunt is being abondonned rightnow, Same with Orb vallis and how they seem not to care that much about it nowadays..... its just sad ! 

in my opinion they should Fix the damn game first, than release content, DE needs to take risks instead of worrying about new players, fix the game for potential new players in future and we as players who've been playing for a while now we will support them if they're willing to save the game, problem is... they don't seem to care about the game anymore.

• Like 3

I think people on youtube are worse. A guy said that DE did nothing to fix current content since October 2019. I pointed out we had the Revised update. Another user replied that it was barely an update, more like a meaty hotfix, pointing out only 3 things. Then I listed all the 15+ changes they did and how it is far more fixes of actual content than what DE usually does. Do you know what he said? Here's a censored version:

"This.... THIS is why you are an REDACTED (he meant that my parents are related), dumb as REDACTED, glue eating REDACTED. You yourself have even noted how recent updates have been lean to sparse, and yet you still argue.  Why?  Probably because you a REDACTED REDACTED keybaord warrior chugging out walls and walls of "well akshually!" style commentary. Get REDACTED"

This is the kind of thing I see on youtube when you try to be rational. Many of the angry players can't even argue without insulting you, and while saying the truth and pointing out flaws is the right thing to do, cursing others does not add anything relevant to your argument, and it makes less likely for people to even listen to you. After all, how good can a solution be from someone that feels so offended that they need to curse the devs and their defenders even when facts are placed on the table?

Edited by HolySeraphin
  • Like 7

vor 1 Stunde schrieb o0Despair0o:

And don't even try to tell me that "this is a co-op game"; it god damn isn't. There's no cooperation here, only toleration of others.

But.. but Squad Link... 🥺

vor 1 Stunde schrieb WarriorSoundwave:

Like with the new Prime Access (first prime access I haven't bought in a long time) I can tell they didn't put their heart and soul into making it. It looks like it was some side thing they needed to throw together for some quick cash. Textures seem low quality, they made a syandana for her then realized after that it wouldn't work only AFTER shipping it. Even the bandaid one doesn't work on her that well. Sticks out all weird.

If you don't absolutely hate him watch AGGP's video about it. I find it hilarious. There are reasons they didn't preview PA this time 😅

From taking a quick overview over the comments that say they can't understand the negativity, it seems they all have something in common: They only dipped their toes into the cold water. Most of the more negative players have been swimming far away from land in icecold water for a long time now. Including former Wf partners, youtubers and Prime Access lovers.

You did ONE Lich and want to tell me this system doesn't suck?! Well.. try getting all (15 or 16?!) Kuva weapons and most if not all of the Ephemeras while keeping in mind that you're playing in the updated system, where you can see your weapon before killing your Larvling.

How far are you into the intrinsics grind? Fyi: you're halfway done at 9-9-9-9. Ever spent 45 mins in space, in buggy missions where doors don't open except for the host, without important loot indicators (pre-"fix") and more, just for the last crewship not to spawn, making you unable to finish the mission?! Or getting stuck in infinite loading tunnel after getting the so desired Vidar Reactor (at pre-"fix" dropchances of course)?! Just a few examples.

I think that is the reason why more and more people are frustrated with the state of the game and casual players or players that didn't dive into it too much yet, can't understand why that is. My advice is: play. Just play more. If you're having an enjoyable experience: perfect!

But be ready for the day when the mr10 parks your Railjack next to the Shipkiller Platform just to disconnect a few minutes later 😉 Because he can.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ProTerraMori said:

This. People get so worked up if something isn't what they were expecting or needs some patches. Now that SS has been patched up, it's run smoothly for me, and I've already got all the arcanes I wanted. Who knows how many eidolons I would have had to run to get these.

Of course, there's a filter effect at play - people who are happy mostly don't come to the forums to complain, they're playing the game instead.

Weirdly enough my only bug with SS is not getting kill codes and my Railjack not getting the weapons and avionics in the first missions. These bugs happened only once up until now, and I played over 10 hours of Scarlet Spear, mostly on the Murex side.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (XB1)OdinAsteroid said:

But.. but Squad Link... 🥺

If you don't absolutely hate him watch AGGP's video about it. I find it hilarious. There are reasons they didn't preview PA this time 😅

From taking a quick overview over the comments that say they can't understand the negativity, it seems they all have something in common: They only dipped their toes into the cold water. Most of the more negative players have been swimming far away from land in icecold water for a long time now. Including former Wf partners, youtubers and Prime Access lovers.

You did ONE Lich and want to tell me this system doesn't suck?! Well.. try getting all (15 or 16?!) Kuva weapons and most if not all of the Ephemeras while keeping in mind that you're playing in the updated system, where you can see your weapon before killing your Larvling.

How far are you into the intrinsics grind? Fyi: you're halfway done at 9-9-9-9. Ever spent 45 mins in space, in buggy missions where doors don't open except for the host, without important loot indicators (pre-"fix") and more, just for the last crewship not to spawn, making you unable to finish the mission?! Or getting stuck in infinite loading tunnel after getting the so desired Vidar Reactor (at pre-"fix" dropchances of course)?! Just a few examples.

I think that is the reason why more and more people are frustrated with the state of the game and casual players or players that didn't dive into it too much yet, can't understand why that is. My advice is: play. Just play more. If you're having an enjoyable experience: perfect!

But be ready for the day when the mr10 parks your Railjack next to the Shipkiller Platform just to disconnect a few minutes later 😉 Because he can.

I experienced most of this. Hard to see loot, lost loot, wasted time, infinite loading screen, had to waste time with same weapons on Lich...Was I disappointed? Of course! But I'm still not roaring at the top of my lungs at DE because even though I care a lot about the game, I'm not so emotional to the point of considering it a personal attack or "DE hates the veterans and don't respect their time/money".

And as for Railjack, I just reached the Veil, with the intrinsics being 4-5-6-7. And I'm playing from time to time to adjust myself, not 6+ hours a day like some people.

Edited by HolySeraphin
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Savire510 said:

i think Warframe's mainstream exposure after Plains of Eidelon brought both great things and bad things, and i think we can see some of the consequences of that in the forums.

Before PoE the average was about 30-36K players. Therefore we got a large influx of new players, some are bound to be more emotional than others (and I saw them on both sides, mind you). It was inevitable.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, (XB1)OdinAsteroid said:

Yeah I just watched it and I'm very very glad he spoke up about these issues as his voice is more important than mine.

And yeah it was pretty funny the way he handled it. Nonetheless I'm still pretty irritated with how low quality this PA was.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Magnulast said:

And the event isn't really fun, because railjack isn't used for anything interesting, limbo is forced as a statis option due to the high levels, and again, it's setup is questionable.

Limbo really isn't half as mandatory as the begging makes him out to be. And I say that as someone who finds Limbo + Frost super mandatory in Excavation

Solo Volt shield spam, Frost with a supply of energy, Gara works too, basically all you need is something to absorb stray shots in space and something to make the Grineer stop shooting on the ground, because the Sentients won't default to attacking Oplinks like the Grineer will

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So when did you ever enjoy Warframe and what did you enjoy?

The progression experience, the second dream was a great curve ball, the war within was .. interesting but the 'choices that don't matter' was disappointing. I started when Plains first came out, and was fully geared MR 18 when Fortuna came out enjoying the experience.  

#1 The sense of progression nearly stops when you reach a point, it might get a few percentage points higher as you get primed mods, arcanes, primed frames/weapons. However there comes a point when you get it - then there is nothing left to collect.

#2 Which brings us here, there is nothing challenging enough to test our top gear on. No raids (wow equivalent) or anything like that. Nor content that is similar in challenge or coordination not only for team play, but for solo play. What content is there that might fill the void (raids) and kuva liches, kuva liches are barebone, could be much more but lacking in replayability. Since it's just more of the same.

I still enjoy parts of warframe, but I'm playing them waiting for the real potential I guess. Waiting and hoping.

I'd love to use some WF abilities in space, have wombo-combos with some frames, dual wield some weapons. Have a fully fleshed out focus tree(s) that are more than just 'use this for this and that for that" which it is now. 

I guess I just want more than a frankenstein haphazardly put together with various ideas. Kuva lich is shadow of mordor wannabe, railjack is a space combat sim TUTORIAL equivalent, that's what it feels like. Instead of making those things interesting with warframe and really investing in it, they just did the bare minimum to paint it in warframe's image, without really diving into it. All the while reusing old assets/mechanics we're quite familiar with, which gets old too. You get excited for something new, to find out you've technically already done it many times before. 

Now while this could be argued with raids in WoW, at least those can be challenging/require coordination/teamwork, this is just more of the same.

It's a precarious position, I don't like how warframe is being handled, but I still love what I love about the game. And I hope (along with many others) that DE finds their way and brings warframe to new highs, rather than where they're taking it now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

Its DE's fault

I think this sums up why people are unhappy.

Hmmmm. Is claiming that it’s the other party’s fault, and then basing future actions on said claim, a concerning mentality? 🤔 To say it’s someone else’s fault requires more than one party. Who’s involved?

1.) A singular gamer who keeps Warframe afloat by playing a videogame. Rarely they’ll give a donation. Rarely they have to pay for something. Mostly they play Warframe. Sometimes they’ll be angry and voice their complaints, and often they fill those comments with personal feelings while simplifying everything that the game does wrong with “It’s So Obvious”. This singular gamer deserves to be heard(?). Gamers often know how to make games (playing a lot is the main qualifier) and they have the business acumen to say on a public forum what a company is doing wrong. And when you get enough of them together they speak with one clear voice and are very good at communicating about a specific problem.

2.) A game developer filled with people earning a paycheck, who want to make a game, and who know what it takes (it takes more than playing video games). The developers jump through legal hoops, where most choices they make are grudgingly considered under the question of “Is this choice going to sustain or break our business, and thus, our ability to make a game?”. With limited capability to focus on everything, and unable to address all issues, sacrifices must be made, for reasons. And progress is always called for, again for reasons. Progress with sacrifice.

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

With limited capability to focus on everything, and unable to address all issues, sacrifices must be made, for reasons. And progress is always called for, again for reasons.

So instead you focus on multiple things at once, showcase them at least 1-2 years beforehand, release them in an incomplete buggy state and then wonder why the villagers have pitchforks?

Kuva liches, RJ and SS all fit this bill. And based on how they've been handled I am NOT excited for anything in the future knowing it will be handled with the 'care' that these updates were.

Also, these things are quite obvious if you actually play the game, Rahtelius (sp) uploaded 2 podcasts of him talking with two other youtubers who play warframe, mostly speaking about the issues Wf has and what could be done to fix it, and why they aren't really playing. That was brought up, on how if they played more of the actual game (no devkit invincibility crap) then they'd find these issues nearly immediately and fix them.

I know at least that Pablo plays and is fairly good at the game, but he's one man. Mentioned in the first podcast there was a lead dev that required all of the devs working on the game to play it. You can get some amazing gameplay from developers who truly understand how it works, but it feels at times that DE is lacking that. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

So instead you focus on multiple things at once, showcase them at least 1-2 years beforehand, release them in an incomplete buggy state and then wonder why the villagers have pitchforks?

Do you reckon they’d rather not have had it release in the state it was? 🤔

Can you link the podcasts you’re referring to? I’d love to get on the same page in regards to your sources. I’m under the impression that they play video games a lot and that’s about it, so I’d like to be proven wrong if their statements are going to be used as basis for argument

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Do you reckon they’d rather not have had it release in the state it was? 🤔

I’m curious; when do they use the dev invincibility? I’ve mostly seen it in the demonstrations of new content, though I wasn’t specifically looking for it.

Can you link the podcasts you’re referring to? I’d love to get on the same page in regards to your sources. I’m under the impression that they play video games a lot and that’s about it, so I’d like to be proven wrong if their statements are going to be used as basis for argument

The community managers at least play the game without hacks. There are usually weekly 1 hour streams of Rebecca, Megan and others playing the latest content on the public build. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmMmuNHchpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8hlYflEzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bqgpe9MBGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSCdu6FVAUQ

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

The community managers at least play the game without hacks. There are usually weekly 1 hour streams of Rebecca, Megan and others playing the latest content on the public build. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmMmuNHchpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8hlYflEzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bqgpe9MBGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSCdu6FVAUQ

Thanks for that, I remember watching some streams and not being sure if they used hacks.

I’ll give these a lookthrough just ‘cause I’m curious 👍

Edited by (NSW)Greybones