Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is everyone being a butthurt all of a sudden?

MuTe43

A hungry kid isn't going be happy with a plate full of crap they hate. 

Warframe players were hungry for content, and drooled about railjack and liches when they were announced, then were served with no man's sky crap. 

Here's a link to the video if you haven't seen it: 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

The community managers at least play the game without hacks. There are usually weekly 1 hour streams of Rebecca, Megan and others playing the latest content on the public build. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmMmuNHchpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8hlYflEzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bqgpe9MBGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSCdu6FVAUQ

While they do play at some level, them regarding level 35 as 'high level' is.. very concerning. Which makes me wonder where their balance point is. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

While they do play at some level, them regarding level 35 as 'high level' is.. very concerning. Which makes me wonder where their balance point is. 

On the other hand Megan and Rebecca did 5 murex with Baruuk, Revenant, Wisp and Umbra without losing any Oplink.

Edited by HolySeraphin
  • Like 3

On 2020-04-05 at 9:33 PM, Gabbynaru said:

Cause DE's quality control is starting to become on par with Bethesda's, and that's not acceptable by any standards. If Fallout 76 got sh*t for it's quality, so should (and does) Warframe.

And see what they add because it's not the same old formula again and again and with our power, how can one can maintain the quality? Or you prefer DE put the hard cap on our power to keep the quality control instead of unlimited power that you love or has that changed from last time?

On 2020-04-05 at 9:36 PM, Magnulast said:

Ground and Space has been fixed, but the event's combat is really really bad, all you do is fight sentients and protect a node, it's a glorified MD on both sides. If say, if it required us to do something that we could all do instead of MD on two sides, it would be great. Disruption is FAR better than this, and so is defection. 

This is the thing, if DE made it into a mix of MD and disruption where you get a demolyst sentient that able to blow up the link when you're busy killing sentients in the area, you want that shaking instead of what we have currently?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, 844448 said:

And see what they add because it's not the same old formula again and again and with our power, how can one can maintain the quality? Or you prefer DE put the hard cap on our power to keep the quality control instead of unlimited power that you love or has that changed from last time?

Blanket statements like that don't help though. While I enjoy the power fantasy I wouldn't mind it being dialed back in some cases (like raids, or dungeons as an example) if it meant more interesting, deep gameplay. Payday 2 for example is very easy until you reach deathwish difficulty, then you need to start really caring about what gear/weapons you bring, and while some gear (like tripmines) can oneshot anything (until highest difficulty) - you get a limited number. And it's a horde shooter, so you get to make those decisions etc. 

I'd love something like that in a squad with warframe abilities, not the limited factor mind you (like you can only use X ability 3 times or something) but having squads being chosen because they synergize well and due to playstyles, rather than 'this is efficient do this".    

I've said it before, we can have our power fantasy in one section of warframe, then have a few 'elite' or 'endgame ish' type game modes that could be where the highest geared players can play and get nice rewards etc (like raids in WoW). Sure, you can't do it right after installing (just like you cannot in WoW) but it's something, a goal, for players new and old to reach. 

What sucks is ESO, Arbitrations, Exploiter orbs, Eidolons all could be their own form of endgame, but are too shallow to have that depth currently. They need to be fleshed out more, kuva liches, railjack could also be other forms, but are again, too shallow currently.  Instead of making 'the next big shiny thing to be disgarded" why not improve what we have ( a piece at a time) and make it not only worth playing after we get all the rewards, not only fun, but challenging. Without it being gimmicky or removing what we've earned to add arbitrary difficulty, like grendel's missions do.  Those are only challenging because they strip you if what you've earned, there isn't anything challenging when you have all your gear, which is what some players want, a challenge with what they've gotten - what is progression if you have nothing to test your power on? 

Some would call it fun, I'd call it boredom. Star Wars the Force Unleashed I and II have fun engaging combat with an OP character, yet have enemies that each block one mechanic, just one, sometimes two, that makes you change your style mid-combat. Sometimes it can be annoying but for the most part it adds dynamic fluid difficulty throughout the game/level, that makes it interesting and doesn't make it feel monotonous like Warframe easily can at times.

If they handle it like I said above, you have those that get their power fantasy, and then those that want a challenge (in whatever mode they want, arby, ESO, RJ, KL etc) can have it too. Best of both worlds AND players have a reason to keep playing after they get rewards. 

Edit: Not sure why you'd be against that.

Edited by Tinklzs
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So when did you ever enjoy Warframe and what did you enjoy? At what point did Warframe trick you into thinking it was NOT going to be a grindy repetitive game?

You would think someone switched your copy of Witcher 3 with Warframe halfway through a play through. 

When devs said the grind is too much and they'll not make the same mistake again on future content. And then proceed to do the same thing.

It's fine if they just own up and say "No, the amount of grind is exactly how we want it and we're not changing it." But no. They chose to feed us the same lies over and over again.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

When devs said the grind is too much and they'll not make the same mistake again on future content. And then proceed to do the same thing.

It's fine if they just own up and say "No, the amount of grind is exactly how we want it and we're not changing it." But no. They chose to feed us the same lies over and over again.

really? Because i'm skipping tons of grind with this new event. I dont need duplicates of weapon mods for my sentinels, i don think ive spent more than a week going after a new PA in years. Im still not sure what im doing with Railjack but i have a bunch of crap for it already. Thery have cut the grind in MANY ways for a game thats ABOUT grinding.  

• Like 8

BNP's video summed it up perfectly.

Those who want to leave have already left, those who are too invested in the game can't leave.

I only came back because I like trading as a fun social outlet, thanks to Warframe Market. Plus, I like seeing pleasant reviews on my profile.

I stopped caring about balance in a game where the damage meta will never go away because every player is a demi-god who can deal a million damage with easily-procured mods (as they have no MR restrictions unlike weapons).

• Like 2

Id bet if you ask most people will tell you the problem is not the lack of updates, but the fact that the grind is getting considerably more boring, prices for rewards and resource costs are skyrocketing, and everything is unconnected and half broken. Warframe right now is like a pile of stuff, layers and layers of content and systems unrelated to each other. And DE to do list shifted from "make a more concise and rewarding experience" to "inflate game time and witch hunt the most powerful tactics" 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Magnulast said:

there isn't a option to store kill codes for the space squad to use

... I hate to break it to you, but I've tested it out myself and its stored in a Flotilla specific "Kill Code Pool".

Spoiler

... I'm kidding, I really love breaking it to you or anyone else.

Edited by Uhkretor

9 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

There's no cooperation here, only toleration of others.

Nailed it. The problem is... Other players suck donkey d*ck and make passable content horrible.

The fact that DE has to keep trying to design content that forces player cooperation, in a coop game, is just sad. 

You're right, it's not real co-op, and it's not real PvP. It's a bunch of passive-aggressive digital d*ck measuring by a bunch of people who suck at being people.

Edited by Vejova
Formatting
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Currently you have 5% chance of getting a single arcane Grace (a legendary one) from capturing an Hydrolyst, which can take 12-30 min to do depending if you have a super dedicaded squad or just a mildly coordinated one. Meanwhile in the event you have 100% chance to get an Arcane Grace in 18-20min if you have a dedicated squad or simply a squad that can protect the Oplinks long enough in the Murex mission, or 20-30 min if you do the ground missions. 

This is clearly less grind than killing Eidolons, and it is almost criminal how easy it is to get the arcanes. Sure, you won't get 21 copies of each of them by the end of the event, but it is far less grind than the current method. And yes, I'm aware that in the beginning you got less points by mission, but they increased it just a week later.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... I hate to break it to you, but I've tested it out myself and its stored in a Flotilla specific "Kill Code Pool".

Hide contents

... I'm kidding, I really love breaking it to you or anyone else.

Which leads to you getting your own kill code.

warframe__when_you_receive_your_own_kill_codes_by_marikbentusi_ddtgjxq-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTQzMCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU4ZWEwYTNkLWI0MzktNDFmNy1iY2VlLTc2OTkyYTU3MGM4ZlwvZGR0Z2p4cS0yZDJhYjMyMC1mNjg2LTQwMTctODJmOC1lMGIxNDg3MDNjOWYuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEzMDUifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.JyMvE1sdKKRymJHIRZq3Uk2JZ9YWbHQwlv_BNEHg518

Edited by HolySeraphin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 844448 said:

Quality control has nothing to do with our power. They just need to start debugging their sh*t instead of releasing them in an unplayable state state where you spend 3 f*cking hours in a nearly completed Floatilla cause the goddamn kill codes from the ground crew won't arrive to the space crew.

• Like 2