Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea discussion and feedback

selig_fay

Welp, if you watched the very end of last week's DevStream At Home, you might have heard one DESheldon (who has been long absent from these streams) mention that Pets 2.0 is currently in progress.

Apparently this is a reworking to the Companion system to give them better AI, more defined roles, better functions and so on. That, specifically, is what should make it more desirable for some people to take MOAs over their Kavat. Or a Kubrow, or a Sentinel. If it's successful, you may even not want to take a MOA because your Helminth Charger has some unique functions that make it more desirable to your game play.

You never know what's going to become the new meta with these reworks. I'd wait for that, if I were you.

pub?w=960&h=720

Plus, i noticed that moas still teleport. i thoight that as kavats already had that mechanic, moas would get it as well but it doesn't seem to be.

If pathfinding is too difficult to implement ( but enemies units seem to handle it pretty well) as simple system where a "Jump Zone" and "Landing Zone" would be enough.

the moa could charge an "Air Burst" to propell itself to the destination, smoothing becomes very easy and realistic.

Jump and landing zone would be kept in memory and they would be changed only if the tenno jumps again AND the landing zone Y position is different from the jump zone.

It would work well in situations like this for example:

-Tenno is fighiting 4 grineers

-Tenno jumps to safety

-Moa keeps fighing until tenno is too far or enemies are dealt with

- Moa knows jump and land zone so goes back to the player

. off to another space ninja adventure

21 hours ago, zhellon said:

At the end of the ability, you cause an explosion around you, dealing damage depending on the damage you did during the ability. Plus the return of energy gives you the ability to spam, which are good for attacking. So this ability has a very good attacking potential.

Your right but again I don`t like the rewind part, their are other way to restore health and energy than this (trinity) the rewind to me is just a unnecessary gimmick. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Your right but again I don`t like the rewind part, their are other way to restore health and energy than this (trinity) the rewind to me is just a unnecessary gimmick.

I think this highlights her role as a defender. Her abilities are designed to defend a single position. Yes, you can call your turret anywhere, you can put your mines anywhere, but you need energy to do it. And you have infinite energy, but only as long as you hold one position. Once you start moving, you can no longer use the dispenser or rewind will bring you back to your position. I don't think about style or anything visual, I think about gameplay. And its gameplay clearly tells you to play from the defense for a better result. And this protective gameplay is also her biggest limiter.

Personally, I'm fine with it. This is about the same as Gauss, who must constantly run, for greater results.

Another point, equilibrium may force you to use rewind only as a panic button. I can say that this is not the worst panic button.

21 hours ago, zhellon said:

-snip-

As for me I just don`t like defensive abilities that are the 4th ability, the only defensive 4th I really like is Chroma`s 4. I see what your saying but most of the mission are about getting from point A to point B. If her 4th was not the 4th and their was an option to not rewind then I would like this ability allot.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:
As for me I just don`t like defensive abilities that are the 4th ability, the only defensive 4th I really like is Chroma`s 4. I see what your saying but most of the mission are about getting from point A to point B. If her 4th was not the 4th and their was an option to not rewind then I would like this ability allot.

Well, I think that the Chroma 4 is useless. But this is about opinions. But really, the ability that eats a lot of energy, has a limited HP and damage, as well as limited movement without augment and is not an aggression generator. The only plus is copying your auras. But my God, 10 e/s. And Titania razorfly live much longer than that.

22 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

I'm just wondering how many days after release she will endure without the nerf-hammer squashing her to the ground.
Bets?

Maybe the initial month. Though I have hopes that like Harrow and Garuda, Pablo will keep his eye on Protea long after with sweet little updates once in a while.

18 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Maybe the initial month. Though I have hopes that like Harrow and Garuda, Pablo will keep his eye on Protea long after with sweet little updates once in a while.

Hildryn is becoming ever so broken since release, so i think there is very little to worry about.

I'd make her 4th ability to prevent it being useless in capture/ extermination work like this:

-If you die or terminate ability early:

you are rewinded in time, energy of other abilities gets refunded

-if you leave the ability run its course:

Protea gets a speed boost, or even a free charge of his +100 strenght mechanic.

8 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

Hildryn is becoming ever so broken since release, so i think there is very little to worry about.

I'd make her 4th ability to prevent it being useless in capture/ extermination work like this:

-If you die or terminate ability early:

you are rewinded in time, energy of other abilities gets refunded

-if you leave the ability run its course:

Protea gets a speed boost, or even a free charge of his +100 strenght mechanic.

I don't think Pabs worked on Hildryn though.

Her 4th should have a component that lets her stay in her forward position, I agree. Instead of a forced rewind every cast, let her past self catch up to her to get the stats back.

On 2020-04-24 at 3:27 PM, keikogi said:

I thought her 4 would be useless but the autocast upon death kinda makes it one of the best I can't die button. Also her 1 seens to extend shield gate duration witch makes her even better. Depending on the damage numbers of her turrets she might be OP. 

that and damage dealt scales the return point aoes damage nicely , so cant die + nuker 

Protea is the first warframe after wisp that interest me. Survivability looks decent. But the one make or break ability will probably be her turret.

If it doesn't do enough dmg then what does he have other then some medium survivability? Throwing grenades for ages? Maybe Vauban players will enjoy that, I probably wont.

And if the turret is good, then DE will come in and say we don't want the game to play itself and they will nerf it into the ground. Like the Zenistar.

15 hours ago, alenkiss said:

If it doesn't do enough dmg then what does he have other then some medium survivability?

Support utility. Synergy of energy/health orbs with simeris mods and the potential for using ammo eaters ' weapons.

15 hours ago, alenkiss said:
And if the turret is good, then DE will come in and say we don't want the game to play itself and they will nerf it into the ground. Like the Zenistar.

I don't think the tower will be a nerf, because at 100% duration it only acts for 2 seconds and at 100% radius it has a very small firing radius. You know, I don't think it's going to be like Mesa. More like a stronger Vauban 2.

Let's be honest two seconds, this frame looks particulary weak overall. Her passive is good but not that good, it is a 100% additive power. She feels like a new player experience frame.

Her 3 is pretty much useless for people who have invested a minimum in the game, having a spell that does what pads do but delayed is just bad. However for newer players it can be amazing.

Her 4 is concerning for 90% of the game content, you never want to go back. However it may be usefull sometimes and maybe it has minmaxing potential as a nuke(I severely doubt that) and it has versatility. I don't think you want versatility on a ultimate ability.

Her 1 will probably be her BnB as slash nukes and generating shield over time are very powerfull atm. It is imho the selling factor of this frame.

Her 2 will either be OP or plain useless. Probable synergies with ultimate if it ends up having a good AoE damage radius. There are already lots of things that wreck havok in stationary content.

She looks like the Ash of camping frames, "yes it works but oh boy"...

3 hours ago, Galuf said:

Her 3 is pretty much useless for people who have invested a minimum in the game, having a spell that does what pads do but delayed is just bad. However for newer players it can be amazing

This is useful for all types of players. Yes, you can have a mutator for your weapons, but you can opt out of it. Yes, you can have zenuric or use a different school of focus. And it is also useful for the team, because 50 energy from the energy orbs and 54 energy from the health orbs is much faster than zenurik does and it is combined with arcane energyze. You can also have permanent effects of Energy Conversion and Health Conversion. And then there is another fact - this is an ability that can affect your operator, because energy orbs and health orbs are not an ability, and therefore are applicable to the operator

Yes, it is not a strong killing or defense ability, but it gives a very powerful utility.

il y a 21 minutes, zhellon a dit :

And then there is another fact - this is an ability that can affect your operator, because energy orbs and health orbs are not an ability, and therefore are applicable to the operator

Pads also affect operators 😄

• 1 month later...

When is she coming out? Probably this week. DE dropped a trailer, and they usually err on the side of caution with those (Tennocon nonwithstanding) so that should manifest imminently.

As for what I think about her?

Well, I'm a TF2 engie main, so

Cant say for sure till she comes out but I do believe she has the potential to be, at the very least, quite interesting. For no reason other than her being the only warframe that drops health/energy orbs without kills, them being 4x more powerful than normal orbs, as well as the only warframe to give ammo.

Theres just so many extra mod choices you can take with it. Equalibirum to get 110 energy from a health orb and 110 health from an energy orb straigh up more than doubling the recovery from that ability. You have the conversion mods to take constant advantage of.

Im tempted to rock a dual arcane pulse/energize loadout to act as a mini trinity giving bonus healing and energy to my team who are already getting their own drops. I imagine a lot of people wont bother paying attention to the dispenser anyways and I have to use that to force feed them HP and energy.

Plus her shield ball + ult seems like she will have some staying power if they havent changed the numbers.

Heres hoping she has the numbers to back it up. Not expecting a whole lot there, im just excited for the dispenser.

Archived