Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea discussion and feedback

selig_fay

You can spam 1 to control the entire map.

You can also use 1 to generate shields. Do you know how many abilities can generate shields?

If its turret has scaling damage depending on the level of enemies, it will be a mass murder weapon.

You really have infinite energy. Energy leeches? Who are they? But most importantly, you have infinite ammo. No, no, just think. Think about how many guns suffer from a lack of ammo. Think about how many machineguns you can actually use with this. And I really hope this works for archwing weapons too. 

Oh, and these are energy / health orbs, which means Hello to special mods.

And finally, you have death protection. Yes, we can do all this spam stuff and do more damage with it, but to be honest, I didn't expect to see death protection here. But it's real here.

But there is one problem that reduces efficiency. The Protea concept looks like a frame that defends one position. You will really find it difficult to be effective with her abilities while being constantly on the move on fast missions. But it doesn't matter. I can't say that even 1 of her abilities are useless. Good damage, good protection, good support.

But maybe I can't see a problem?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/601403383?t=00h36m31s

I thought her 4 would be useless but the autocast upon death kinda makes it one of the best I can't die button. Also her 1 seens to extend shield gate duration witch makes her even better. Depending on the damage numbers of her turrets she might be OP. 

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:
Well she still can’t do crap against world bosses, so not the “one frame to rule them all” until DE decided to allow world bosses affected by abilities. Still she can be fun to mess around with tho.

Well, there aren't many frames on Eidolon hunting. On the other hand, she can figure there for infinite energy and a +50% strength buff from the simeris mod. Well, DE said that they will work on statuses and abilities against bosses, so everything can change and maby Banshee will be the best for Eidolon hunting.

With the power fantasy of Warframe, I tend to rank my Warframes personally by practicality and fun. Protea lacks both of those for me as a player so far. Honestly after watching the video from Pablo, she sits next to Atlas for me. Of course my opinion may change once she is in my hands, but so far she seems relatively uninteresting.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb zhellon:

You can spam 1 to control the entire map.

So do alot of frames with other abiltiys with high range build like Nyx, yet gets hated on.

vor 24 Minuten schrieb zhellon:

You can also use 1 to generate shields. Do you know how many abilities can generate shields?

With Augur, all of them, also Harrow does.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb zhellon:

You really have infinite energy.

So can others with Arcane Energize, Zenurik, even Energy plates. Utility but it is there.

Overall in my eyes from what i read, not seen it yet, it is jack of all trades again making older frames even more uselss and mediocre again. DE needs to stop this, i like concepts like anyone else but not if we keep ignoring older ones like Zephyr and Nyx which still need a real and desperate rework. We not need new frames and weapons, for content we just repeat anyway, and that content we have often comes down to pure damge like Chroma on Eidolon.

Each content by now needs a adjsutment to each frame indicidualy, make Nyx be able to control a Eidolon limb so it punches it self, Frost can freez its feet so it stops walking. Limbos rift slwoing it, etc.

What use are new frames if they just repalce old ones or are just to niche to use? I want more frames but we need to look at old things.

I absolutely agree, she seems unbelievably OP. I hope DE doesn't nerf already lol

there's so many layered OP abilities, it's crazy.

In addition to the shield, HP and energy regen abilities, and the possibly good damage turret... there's the whole ult.

an ult that implies: 
you get all your energy back!
you get all your ammo back!!

free get-out-of-death passes!!!

and your ability casts stay behind!!?

I expected purely positional repositioning but wew, this is much beyond an interesting frame now.

And the final nail in the coffin, the AoE release based on damage dealt during the ability. Pure crazy OP-ness. I can't wait.

First of all, I am very much looking forward to Protea's release, but seeing her 4 in action, I noticed a single detail that made me never want to push that button.

When time reverts, you're forced to watch as the ability takes hold of your camera angle for the entire duration of the rewind.

As far as I recall, no other ability removes player ability to control your camera view with your mouse movements, and this one doesn't need to either.

11 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

I think Ash bladestrom can hijack your camera too.

Ash's bladestorm hijacks it, yes, but it doesn't turn it around, it's more like static camera angle to new static camera angle.

And it's opt in, his 4 will work without you joining the fray.

Protea's fourth ability is interesting but I have some concerns about it:

• Warframe is a fast game

In most Warframes missions, you are required to move a lot and really quickly (extermination, rescue, capture, survival, etc...). The problem with Protea's 4 is that it literally sends you back to a place that you and your teammates already cleared. After using her 4, Protea will have to walk back to her teammates with nothing to do. I feel like she needs a speed boost after using this ability, in order to catch up with the rest of the team.

• Cast speed

The goal of Protea's 4 is to cast as much abilities as possible, because they won't cost anything in the end. I feel like her 4 should increase cast speed while it is active.

• Stored damage pulse

The explosion based on damages stored during her 4 is a great idea, but I'm scared it will be useless. If Protea starts using her 4 on point A, then kills all enemies between point A and point B. She will then rewind back to point A, unleash the damages stored in her 4 but actually get nothing done with it because she already killed everything on point A.

The explosion needs to occur right before rewinding or be used with another mechanic. The damages stored with her 4 could be unleash with her turret ability. On button hold, she could grab her turret like a gun (BFG like) and shoot a big laser in a direction, dealing massive damages when she wants to.

Maybe my fixes are not great, but I truly am worrying of Protea 4 usefulness.

45 minutes ago, Wyglaf said:
  • Warframe is a fast game

In most Warframes missions, you are required to move a lot and really quickly (extermination, rescue, capture, survival, etc...). The problem with Protea's 4 is that it literally sends you back to a place that you and your teammates already cleared. After using her 4, Protea will have to walk back to her teammates with nothing to do. I feel like she needs a speed boost after using this ability, in order to catch up with the rest of the team.

Not really something to worry about, she's not the first frame to have abilities "unusable" for certain missions. Nekros and Vaubans abilities mostly rely on staying in an area to have the most effective use. While she might see little play with exterminate, rescue, and capture, I highly doubt it with survival and other defense-style missions.

• Cast speed

The goal of Protea's 4 is to cast as much abilities as possible, because they won't cost anything in the end. I feel like her 4 should increase cast speed while it is active.

Skeptical because where do we draw the line for too much and just right? This one needs to have a field test.

• Stored damage pulse

The explosion based on damages stored during her 4 is a great idea, but I'm scared it will be useless. If Protea starts using her 4 on point A, then kills all enemies between point A and point B. She will then rewind back to point A, unleash the damages stored in her 4 but actually get nothing done with it because she already killed everything on point A.

Optimistic side of this is while you're traveling to point B enemies are filling up the area of your trail. Interception and experience this kind of scenario often.

I've recently begun hearing things about her and i personally hope that she doesn't end up like nyx (a trash warframe that about 5 people in total use) i really hope that since she's been reffered to as "the time warframe" i hope that her kit refelects this, like making her abilities focus around time manipulation e.g letting her pull a "Bits za dusto" or "KING CRIMSON!" i personally hope that DE actually makes her abilities useful in contrast to vauban's vector pad wich is useless or valkyr ripline wich is equally useless, mainly i hope that she will be released a 'not broken mess'

That is all, sorry for poor punctuation and grammar faults, please leave your hopes and thoughts for 'Protea' in the comments so others can see them.

I'm all for her but I still don't see the great use of her 4th ability, the one where she rewinds. Then again, I also never played overwatch so I don't really know how it all works and how it proves useful in PvE.

Still, I believe it'll have its use, even if ends up being niche. As for her theme, I believe she's meant as another engineer/weaponry/tactical frame of sorts, like Vauban. Time frame would be a stretch given how she only has one time related ability. Limbo manipulates time more than her, and I wouldn't call him a time-frame.

She's like if Tracer from Overwatch and TF2's Engineer had a baby. (except I don't think she swings that way? ..regardless..)

After so many years of people requesting a turret on Vauban, and DE being like, "..naaahhh... doesn't seem right..," to just make a turret engineer with time travel? I can't really figure what the rationale was. They MUST have come up with this from powers on the cutting room floor for the Vaub rework.

Whatever. DE's gonna DE. I'm sure they'll be cool in their own right.. but I'm positively flummoxed they'd still have so many janky awkward parts to Vaub's kit, only to give the most obvious and long awaited solution to another frame that we don't really need.

Archived