Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equipping 2 primary weapons

Signs

Well, when people only use a secondary if its equally strong or as useful as a primary and there is no difference to your frames abilities when you use either mechanically. And since there is no distinct need to use primaries over secondaries or vice versa unless its a challenge objective. We likely shouldn't even need a sacrificial mod slot for this option.

Typically, a secondary in a game is a fallback and last resort. In warframe, its just gun #2 that happens to be cosmetically smaller and on average built to be shorter range yet also not necessarily any of these.

So yeah. IMO Make them generic gun slots. Or add some gameplay necessity between the two.

A cool  enough idea.  The fact that its a mod so it would take up a slot would make it used less often so I don't think it would knock anything out of balance.  More for someone trying to create a specialty build I suppose.  Gunblades are already a gun in your melee slot, so why not?  🙂

4 hours ago, Marine027 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Executioner/Dhurnam
latest?cb=20160620001930

Executioner can do that so why not us i guess, maybe make a frame that can copy the main weapon and dual wield it, lowering damge but increasing firerate instead.

Tho nightmare to balance again for Bramma, we seen how this goes with Mirages clones already.

how would you even dual wield a bow? youd need 4 hands

This shouldn't be a mod, but I think the distinction between primary and secondary slots should be removed. I also think we shouldn't be limited to using a secondary when we carry things or are downed, either. We can use giant two handed melee while carrying things, why not rifles?

Early on, Secondary weapons were pretty much always inferior to primary ones. They were designed to be your backup weapon in case your primary ran out of ammo, or you had to carry something. But that isn't the case anymore. Secondaries are just as effective as primaries, sometimes even more so.

Being able to equip two primary or two secondary weapons would add a lot of freedom to choosing your loadout.

Our warframes are insanely strong. I don't see why we couldn't hold two primaries. However, if the devs give us the ability to equip primary weapons in both slots and vice versa, it would be rare for any secondary to see any use ever again. Most secondaries are not as useful as a primary. Imagine pulling out a Rubico then pulling out a Tiberon. Not really fair to the Lex, or the Pyrana is it?

If the devs were to implement this, then a huge amount of weapons would need rebalancing, again.

28 minutes ago, Dabluechimp said:

except for I think if you have two primaries than picking up a datamass or something you'd be forced to melee

You telling me that the mobile death machine capable of ripping out massive components of Exploiter can't one hand a Braton? Also, we're complete morons for not putting some form of rack or clip or handle, something anything really, that we can slip that datamass onto our...belt...something...syndanas? We're dumb becauase we carry those datamasses all the time and we never thought of finding a way to free up both of our hands to shoot gun. Deadliest warriors in the system folks. Link in Breath of the Wild decided he needed a belt to hold his Sheikah Slate because he knew he'd be carrying the thing around constantly. We do the same thing, but we're like, nah, that ain't worth it.

9 minutes ago, CaptainMinty said:

You telling me that the mobile death machine capable of ripping out massive components of Exploiter can't one hand a Braton? Also, we're complete morons for not putting some form of rack or clip or handle, something anything really, that we can slip that datamass onto our...belt...something...syndanas? We're dumb becauase we carry those datamasses all the time and we never thought of finding a way to free up both of our hands to shoot gun. Deadliest warriors in the system folks. Link in Breath of the Wild decided he needed a belt to hold his Sheikah Slate because he knew he'd be carrying the thing around constantly. We do the same thing, but we're like, nah, that ain't worth it.

A Tenno Utility Belt and Tenno Utility Belt Prime! Great idea!