Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Railjack Tools Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Blackout Pulse much better but I feel it should work on all enemies, like crew ships and boarding vehicles.  Not so much the damage but the stun effect.  Also would be cooler to be a pulse from the ship not a missile.

Shatter Burst much better but needs more damage to be viable in veil.  I would like a full duration to be able to take out the boarding vehicles, similar to the damage it does to Saturn enemies.

Vortex feels like it lost range and I wasn't sure if it detonates at the end of duration still?  Seemed to just disappear a few times I did not detonate it.

Firey Pheonix needs more damage.

Boosting is better with less kick at the end but should have longer duration.  I like to drift in circles around enemies.

Arch-melee feels a lot better now, and the buff for Cutting Edge to 110% was nice, but I still think Furor should be looked into because a 10% attack speed for a whole melee mod seems extremely pointless.

• Like 3

Yeah, the oversimplification of avionics is really killing it for me, a small UI bandaid like a submenu would have been much better to fix to the cluttering. 

You've destroyed a whole layer of optimization and customization. A few avionics were probably worth tweaking to make sure the values made each type worth it in some way, but that's about it. Keep in mind that OWNING a railjack (not just playing RJ missions) isn't aimed at new players, you're going to know how things work by the time you find a clan and do the quest, by this point a few almost identical "mods" with different stats and cost shouldn't phase you (and some of the damaged mods such as Flow work as a good foreshadowing for the manufacturers system, so you have no excuse).

On top of that, particle ram doing damage only when you're moving forward is completely stupid, it's like saying ramming your car into a brick wall shouldn't damage it because the wall isn't moving! I know you guys aren't aiming for realism but come on.

Should it do less damage when you're not moving, and even less when you're moving away from the opponent? probably. Should it do no damage if you're moving in any direction other than forward? absolutely not.

Edited by TheLordOmega2
  • Like 3

Hello,

Valence transfer is a good mechanic and applied well ,

i believe 40% material cost feels ok , at least to me,

Omnitool changes are honestly not noticeable at all for me as there were very few breaches/ boardings / direct damage on the railjack.

Resource consumption feels better , earlier when i played solo i was always running low on something to craft before the next wave appeared- i am usually having enough resoucres to keep my ordnance , energy and dome charges stocked thoughout the mission.

Affinity changes are not noticeable as there have been very few instances of actual hazards for me.

The avionics changes are slightly disappointing for me personally , feels dumbed down even if it makes things easier and simpler to manage.

My loadout has not changed much in essence , i just have more capacity now to swap a few around (always wanted to keep "form up" handy for the occasional bugs)

The Integrated Avionics changes have ment that I now do not have any Avionics installed in the Integrated slots.  Since I did not know to take a screen shot prior to getting this update I do not remember all the Avionic types that I had installed and thus the "flavour" of loadout I had setup for my railjack.  It would have been nice to have some way to be able to see what I previously had there so that I could re-create my loadout under the new system.

UI bug: When in the Avionics screen, the popup box sometimes displays two boxes, one for the Avionic that you are point at and the other for another Avionic all together.  This second Avionic box always displays the same info no matter what Avionic you are pointing at.  Cannot work out a definite set of steps that causes this to happen but seems to be related to using the Scrap view to scrap an Avionic, or the Avionics view to upgrade one.

I personally loved the weights-and-measures customisation of Integrated Avionics as they were in their separate houses.

I'm disappointed it's now dumbed down to a single-selection which isn't as conducive to fine-tuning as before - especially since we still can't use 'effective' ranks below 'unlocked' ranks on our Avionics (which players have wanted for Mods for a long time too).

I'm also saddened that those of us who played enough of the content (and probably more so than most of your testers did) to acquire the more rare avionics now have all of that investment stolen away because even the easy common variants are now migrated into Best In Slot for quality AND efficiency (except the freebies but everyone also has those too). That might sound like gatekeeping, but the context is different because everyone already had easier access to variants of each, it's just the rarer qualities that have been devalued.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to put this into, but I noticed some changes to the Railack user interface that seem to interfere with my tactical intrinsic ability to teleport to locations within the ship: specifically back and forth between the pilot station and the engineering bay. Please see the attached screenshots:

7poDEav.jpg

3zbsIL7.jpg

• Like 8

On 2020-05-01 at 2:28 PM, Ktro said:

Feedback

5. Removing mk1, mk2 and mk3 variants. Just keep lavan, vidar and zekti.

That they will not do, because you did not understand that as you fill a planet, you move up one rank...
You need to advance three planets... Earth Proxima, Saturn proxima and Vail Proxima...
Each of them, has its level of difficulty and that's why that there are three types of variations. 😉

I'd like to give a suggestion to the avionics panel (mods).
I'd like so much that existed the same option that exists in warframes, weapons, etc... in general, in all elements that use mods.
I would like that in the Railjack mod option, you would also have the possibility of having 3 possible types of locations, for the mod configurations.
If I wasn't clear enough, I will try to explain, giving an example...

CONFIG A - we could have an arrangement of the mods for a faster railjack and with medium weapons.

CONFIG B - we could have an arrangement with a lot of health, average speed and strong weapons

CONFIG C - we could have an arrangement that the user would feel comfortable for a given mission

Perhaps it could even involve the types of shields, engines, reactors and weapons equipped in each of these possibilities.

• Like 1

Like the changes overall with the pacing changes for Railjack

As for the tools, most of them I like (Archwing changes, the transfer is great, increased intrinsic gain is a nice bonus) but I'm not personally a fan of the avionic changes. Currently, with a max avionic capacity Vidar reactor (100 capacity) and the 30 base, it really doesn't feel like it's enough. I have a 96 capacity vidar reactor currently, and yet I can't afford to fill all my slots without sacrificing some of my upgrade ranks to the avionics themselves.

Before, with the different schools for each mod, I could've had the option to decide whether I wanted to use one type of an avionic and upgrade it multiple times while sacrificing those other avionics, or use one of the versions where you could only upgrade it once, for slightly reduced stats, and be able to socket more avionics. With most of the avionics currently being 4 and 7 upgrades it feels pretty bad trying to invest into your railjack and not getting to a point that you're satisfied. 

Some recommendation could be for this could be:

Lowering costs of the avionics themselves, but requiring more investment into the grid (going from avionics who can be upgrading 1-4-7 times to something like 1-3-5 and investing another point into the grid)

Just simply lowering avionic costs. We dont need everything just to be 1 or 4 points (damage is highly valued, so those could probably be left high) but maybe reduce the defensive/utility ones like Breach Adrenaline.

Allowing a 'forma' system to increase the base ship capacity. I feel like this is a bit overshadowed by both the reactor capacity and the ability to upgrade the grid, but it may not be a bad idea?

Again, I do love the ship combat, it was one of my favorite additions to Warframe, but it doesn't feel stellar (pun intended) not being able to max it out as much as you can

Looking forward to Railjack revised part 2!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to put this into, but I noticed some changes to the Railack user interface that seem to interfere with my tactical intrinsic ability to teleport to locations within the ship: specifically back and forth between the pilot station and the engineering bay. Please see the attached screenshots:

7poDEav.jpg

3zbsIL7.jpg

Excellent comment... congrats!!!   😉
This problem is bigger than it seems...
I say this, because not only does this case exist... several others cases in different parts of the game...

examples:
1- When nightwave mission type messages appear that you still have to do, after you use the scape key.
2- When the face of a character in the game appears, saying something.
3- In the case of the avionics/mods option, when you try to read something written in the avionics/mods, you cannot see it properly, because the tenuous background image has colors that confuse with the letters.

And several other types of possibilities that make certain readings or visualizations impossible at certain times and it is very boring

3 minutes ago, Arakaim said:

...but I'm not personally a fan of the avionic changes. Currently, with a max avionic capacity Vidar reactor (100 capacity) and the 30 base, it really doesn't feel like it's enough. I have a 96 capacity vidar reactor currently, and yet I can't afford to fill all my slots without sacrificing some of my upgrade ranks to the avionics themselves.

Before, with the different schools for each mod, I could've had the option to decide whether I wanted to use one type of an avionic and upgrade it multiple times while sacrificing those other avionics, or use one of the versions where you could only upgrade it once, for slightly reduced stats, and be able to socket more avionics. With most of the avionics currently being 4 and 7 upgrades it feels pretty bad trying to invest into your railjack and not getting to a point that you're satisfied.

This is another Excellent comment too... congrats !!! 😉 
I noticed that some avionics/mods had a good change, as is the case with Bulkhead...
It seemed to me that now, the only one that exists, is the Bulkhead of the Vidar house...
It now seems to have the health-enhancing characteristics of the old house Zetki, but with the initial drain, the house Vidar...
For me, this was very good, now... it has reduced the expenditure of avionics, in my case.
HOWEVER, in other cases, those modifications was vary bad! :(((

On 2020-05-01 at 7:43 AM, Vari2ty331 said:

Velocitus max ammo cap reduced from 100 to 10

Is this intended and just not written on the patch note?

There's also the Grattler (60 > 30) and Kuva Ayanga (99 > 33) due to how the Atmospheric Archgun stats are universal for both modes.

A reminder that Blackout Pulse's Avionics cost is inconsistent with the other Defensive Battle Avionics. It should be a base cost of 2 rather than 4 since the cost of 4 is reserved for Offensive Battle Avionics.

Edited by Duality52
  • Like 2

On 2020-05-01 at 8:05 AM, Flying_Scorpion said:

... Edit: can we get different loadout tabs for the railjack? Would be nice to create different builds and hotswap between them faster than individually removing and replacing one avionic at a time.

^ I second that. Not as important now that Scarlet Spear is over, but tabbing between a SPEED build and a COMBAT build would be nice.

• Like 2

The drop rate for some of the new avionics can't be right.

eg.

Turret Velocity
Source Mod Drop Chance Chance
Gyre Outrider 15.00% Legendary (0.67%)
Kosma Outrider 15.00% Legendary (0.52%)
Exo Outrider 15.00% Legendary (0.50%)

This means at best we have 0.1005% chance to get it from the rarest enemy spawned. 

Why are you doing this to us again?

• Like 3

I just made a Valence Fusion, with a Lavan MK III reactor that had an addition of 89 avionics and 197 flux.
The result was +100 additional avionics and +200 additional Flux.
And this reactor has the following additional special property: Increase shields by 50 for each point of unused Avionics Capacity.
Before Valence Fusion, Railjac had 119 avionics, 547 flux and 4,950 shields.
After Valence Fusion, it now has 120 avionics, 550 flux and 4,950 shields.
If for each unused avionics, +50 is added to the shield, why when the avionics went up from 119 to 120, the shield did not go up to 5,000...
since the increase in avionics went up by one?!?

this is a bug or I missed something!!

On 2020-04-30 at 9:11 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Greetings Tenno!

We have made a lot of changes to the way Railjack plays and feels, and we are looking to get your collected feedback.

In this mega-thread, we will be discussing RAILJACK TOOLS.

• Valance Transfer
  • Omnitool Changes
  • Resource Consumption
  • Affinity Changes for fixing your Railjack
  • Changes to Avionic Statistics
  • Archwing Changes, Melee Targeting and Weapon Statistics

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of Railjack Tools, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil. If you like an aspect of the Railjack changes, tell us what you like. If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use the Railjack Revisited: Bug Report Megathread.

Thank you!

Valance Transfer allowed me to max out the reactor capacity of my Vidar Reactor, and seems pretty serviceable in pursuit of its end goal thus far. However, it'd be nice to have the resource costs for Valence Transfer visible before the final menu for it.

Gonna be honest, I have not noticed the Omnitool changes to thus far have much impact on gameplay, though with fewer breaches and patch up options there's definitely less busywork patching up to do.

I have not noticed any differences in resource consumption. In general, I don't have much need for them currently. The ship is pretty close to perfect in its current config and I'm not exactly a big collector of gear, more of a pack rat.

I'm at 8+ rank across the board for Intrinsics, and while there's definitely more intrinsic gain per mission, it doesn't really clock as I just haven't payed much attention to them.

I'm quite enjoying the much improved Seeker Missile Salvo and Shatterburst weapons. The latter, especially, is excellent both offensively and defensively and it creates a nice wall of missile-mulching flak to defend yourself with.As far as more passive avionics changes are concerned, I don't really have much to say currently, other than that the dedicated elemental resistance avionics feel like a waste of space, as do the archwing buff avionics, as they both compete with the avionics that make the railjack effective

Archwing in general and the Velocitus in particular, feels a lot better to me in Veil. Itzal is still not great, but I'm able to keep it alive easily in extended dogfights even without a rapid fire weapon for hosing down incoming missiles. I know it wasn't a focus of this update, but Amesha is currently still capable of trivializing arching content single handedly with a decently well built archgun. Haven't used melee at all yet. Speaking of the Velocitus, it could use stepped zoom for long range shooting, and the logic used for generating leading reticles often has them swapping from fighter to fighter when on archwing and not sticking with whichever you happen to want to aim at making shooting accurately more a matter of having a feel for the gun than using the aiming tool provided, which is a bit frustrating.

Archwing buffing avionics could use a boost in the range department. As of right now, it just doesn't cover the full area of combat around the Railjack which is within about 1500-2000 meters all around. Having only 1000 meters of buffing area makes it feel uncomfortable for the pilot, who is trying to keep all Archwing players in range, as well as the Archwing players themselves, who have to constantly monitor their distance from the Railjack to avoid wandering out of range.

The Tactical Intrinsic, Squad Renew, also doesn't seem to affect those in Archwing, which I feel it should since they're still allies and thus should be healed like anyone in POIs and aboard ships. It could also be a bug though.

Ok with the changes making most missions feel ridiculously easy, here's my 2 cents:

1. increase the base forge capacity. we easily hit 200 and it's a hassle to go back there.

2. I feel the need to adjust reactor avionics capacities overall, and keep the current costs since adjusting one thing is much easier than adjusting a dozen different avionics.

3. please indicate how much of the resources we have in the valence fusion menu so we can decide if we can afford to do the fusion now (in case we were saving up for something else or maintaining a minimum stock)

Allow the ship owner (ONLY) to refine resources on the tactical map. - or include it in rank 10 engineering for everyone.

Please give AW powers a pass, Amesha's 2 doesn't work at all, and elytron needs to be a crew ship killer. (maybe a multiplier on large ships and components?) Odonata needs a serious buff to his 3 and 4.

Please add a mod like Thief's Wit for archwing. I hate having to squint to see where the resources are.

Edited by UncaIroh

Using Intrinsic skill "Join Warp" does not work when my team is inside the Murex and I am outside the Murex, wanting to join them. It warps me to a random spot in outer space that isn't even close to the Murex.

It does not matter if I Join Warp from the ship or from archwing or from an enemy cruiser.

13 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

7poDEav.jpg

3zbsIL7.jpg

I posted a video explaining this yesterday in one of the other feedback threads, lets hope it gets fixed soon.

Not many complaints, valence transfer is great and will help reduce the RNG dependence of RJ equipment overall.

Some gripes:

• Fixing hazards should give an even bigger chunk of XP given it costs more revolite now. Would also alleviate my general concern about intrinsics still feeling really slow to obtain.
  • Archwing melee still feels useless as enemy fighters move way too fast to get hits in reliably.