Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma feedback and Discussion

SpringRocker

Bramma actually needs to be nerfed beyond oblivion just to make the whole game a tiny bit more enjoyable. People with ultra low end PC's or even laptops cannot handle the horrible experience it delivers to other players. Also it's just sickening how even MR 10 people can get it. No effort or hope that they'll try any other weapon in a looooong time.The power house fantasy of the game is just going in a direction that will just end in an unpleasant way

To be honest, I have, in more than one occasion, left the mission (sometimes even giving other players a host migration) because of kuva bramma players exploding the whole map. That weapon is ridiculous, you are in a mission, playing your regular melee gameplay killing enemies normally, and then comes a Mirage jumping around like a cricket on drugs firing 3x brammas at a time, then your entire screen becomes orange fireworks along with a stressful bombing noise, and the entire room worth of enemies is gone (goodbye melee gameplay). The bramma is ridiculously broken compared even to other AoE weapons, and its visual/audio effects are pure eye/ear cancer if you are caught within the explosion (and it happens a lot when there are players using the bramma on the squad).

22 hours ago, Travis05 said:

I was using Ash with a zaw dagger.

Hmmm. A box cutter from a third world country, or a cluster tip explosive bow from one of the two most advanced factions in the game. 

The Bramma isn't the problem, the thought process that this is supposed to be competitive with anyone trying to do meaningful damage is foolish. I can list dozens of options that'd leave you with almost the same amount of kills the Bramma guy left you. 

5 hours ago, FaridRLz said:

Also it's just sickening how even MR 10 people can get it.

I'm pretty sure it's MR15 locked.

18 minutes ago, p_silveira said:

To be honest, I have, in more than one occasion, left the mission (sometimes even giving other players a host migration)

This is more toxic than Bramma users tbh. If you haven't already, go optimize the game in the option menu and turn off things like screen shake.

hace 1 hora, KitMeHarder dijo:

The Bramma isn't the problem, the thought process that this is supposed to be competitive with anyone trying to do meaningful damage is foolish. I can list dozens of options that'd leave you with almost the same amount of kills the Bramma guy left you. 

Clearly you dont get my thought process.

I didnt intend to be competitive. i didnt care about damage. I wanted to PLAY. Can you get the concept? Can you understand now?

Running around empty halls and doing bullet jump would be good in a parkour game, no here.

I barely could reach the enemies before they dissapeared. I only wanted to be busy during all the duration of the mission. If i go to work, but i have nothing to do, then why im even here?

1 hour ago, Travis05 said:

I didnt intend to be competitive. i didnt care about damage. I wanted to PLAY. Can you get the concept? Can you understand now?

That was my point. If I brought Khora, Hildryn, Exodia Contagion, the Kuva Nukor, Larkspur, Kronen Prime, etc... You'd get to "play" just as much.

You are free to use whatever you want, but you literally chose the worst possible kill time weapon out there. And then proceeded to use it in your argument as to why the Bramma should be addressed. 

While I never really seen any problem with most of the metas That have come an gone threw the years I've been playing. I can see a problem with the bramma if only because you don't need anything else to make it work no buffs From warframes or companions just a blank frame and the bramma. Unlike other weapons or warframes that have the same killing potential it just requires no setup Just a few mods. Also the fact that it's louder than the PS2 starting up sound. reminds me of the mirage synoid  simulor back in the day when it comes to ammo economy and aim But at least that required a little set up from Warframe buffs.

On 2020-05-26 at 12:57 PM, Travis05 said:

I have no issues with any other weapon but this is too annoying. Every mission slightly difficult like kuva liches or kuva requiem...suddenly someone appears with a kuva bramma and kill everything in sight.

I was doing sabotage (kuva lich) the other day, and mid mission a random person with kuva bramma appears. Proceed to spam his bramma everywhere, shooting like an idiot. No aim whatsoever, jumping like a kangaroo on crack. And since weapons in Warframe have almost unlimited ammo (idk what is the point to add ammo if you cant run out of it, ever), he couldnt care less. Its like having god mode. Press 1 to kill.

I was using Ash with a zaw dagger. Suddenly my screen is filled with fireworks and every enemy is dead. Great, how fun. Totally ruined my immersion, might as well abort the mission right then.

The rest of the run was me trying to shoot a couple times, and him exploding everything. We hack the reactor, he press 1 to kill and wreck the machine in one shoot.

I know, play solo is always the answer. But this is not a single player game. I actually dont despise people, and would like to have some meaningful interactions with them. This game dont offer that experience though, instead it punish you for playing coop. What is this nosense? How can people defend a cooperative game that forces you to play solo?

"Play with friends". I havent friends who like this game, and playing usually i dont make new ones. Interactions through game are too impersonal for that to happen. Being anonymous and helping here and there, or being helped is nice. But no everyone is so good socializing.

"Kuva brama is fun". Look, i also use kuva bramma. I have one set with it. But i dont pick that weapon for every single warframe in every single mission. And even when i pick the kuva bramma set, i use warframe abilities, melee, secondary weapons....i havent the need to spam explosions.

I dont care if they nerf it, remove it or buff enemies instead. But do something please. This is  the same situation as Revenant, a warframe whose abilities are only good playing alone.

This is because the bramma kids cried wolf on self damage. Now everyone and their mother prefers to use the weapon. Same was with catchmoon, tonkor, synoid simulur, maiming strike whips. It will pass in a year or so.

6 hours ago, Travis05 said:

Clearly you dont get my thought process.

Running around empty halls and doing bullet jump would be good in a parkour game, no here.

I barely could reach the enemies before they dissapeared. I only wanted to be busy during all the duration of the mission. If i go to work, but i have nothing to do, then why im even here?

Hey I did take the free money if I have no work left in the office 😁. Besides to your complaint there a dozen weapon/ frames which can leave you doing nothing in a mission, even the lvl 100 ones. You name it, mesa, saryn, volt, equinox, kuva nukor, kronen prime, bramma, redeemer prime. An ash with a dagger isn't exactly the most efficient style for kills per second.

hace 6 horas, KitMeHarder dijo:

That was my point. If I brought Khora, Hildryn, Exodia Contagion, the Kuva Nukor, Larkspur, Kronen Prime, etc... You'd get to "play" just as much.

You are free to use whatever you want, but you literally chose the worst possible kill time weapon out there. And then proceeded to use it in your argument as to why the Bramma should be addressed. 

Its no a bad weapon. I think you are severely underestimating it. The critics and attack speed are kinda good. The finishers hit hard

The only issue is this weapon is no AOE. Then you are telling me this game is AOE or nothing? How is this balanced? So you think this situation is Ok. Nothing is wrong here

My only gripe with the Bramma is the ridiculous amount of splash effect on screen. That gets rather blinding when you're trying to run around a map. It'd be nice if it could be toned down for other players (most folks tend to leave it on bright freaking red for the emissive color too, so yeah).

The damage thing is definitely broken comparative to others. The fact that they scale up to Mastery 40 compared to pretty much everything else makes it rather imbalanced.

13 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:
14 hours ago, p_silveira said:

To be honest, I have, in more than one occasion, left the mission (sometimes even giving other players a host migration)

This is more toxic than Bramma users tbh. If you haven't already, go optimize the game in the option menu and turn off things like screen shake.

My intention is not to give ppl a host migration, I just want to leave. If I'm the host, then sorry, but I'm not staying in a group so that some guy can explode everything in my feet every 4 seconds.

I've already tuned down effects to 60%, turned off screen shake and turned down particle quantity/quality to the lowest possible before the Bramma was a thing (the game uses way too much colorful particles and LSD effects for my taste). It helped a lot with the particle visual pollution on the game in general, but the Bramma visual/audio effects are so polluted that even that didn't help much.

The fact that I can't melee kill enemies normally even when I'm standing 30m away from the kuva bramma players (cuz they're all dead in a big firework festival exploding on my screen and on my headphones) doesn't help me to stay either.

10 hours ago, Travis05 said:

Then you are telling me this game is AOE or nothing? How is this balanced? So you think this situation is Ok. Nothing is wrong here

Kinda, yeah. This game is a horde shooter first and foremost. 

But while I don't want or think the Bramma needs a nerf, I can see it being addressed in a similar way to the Catchmoon. So if it is addressed, and it's addressed in the same manner, I can't really complain.

5 hours ago, p_silveira said:

but the Bramma visual/audio effects are so polluted that even that didn't help much.

Then this I agree with. I wish turning the energy color black actually helped with performance like with most weapons, but it really doesn't.

On 2020-05-24 at 12:56 AM, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

The amount of defensive responses that are over a page in length in here is disgusting. Some people are way to desperate to defend a singe thing despite evidence against that thing.

Literally a cult mentality here defending the bramma. None of which matters as DE has the stats and will act on them.

Opposing someone is more of a Forum etiquette than actually caring about Bramma. Some people argue For No Purpose as long as any counter-argument exists.
Even if the change would be good, people will oppose it.

If you open a topic and start arguing that something existing for a long time should never be changed, you'll get people opposing you.

We debate here. Making final decisions is for DE. Rare are the topics where everyone agrees. Sadly, those die off because of inactivity.

7 hours ago, Uthael said:

Some people argue For No Purpose

👍

I love when i see someone else make that joke. Nearly the entire fun of the name.

Ironic considering when i made the PsN account.. i named it how i thought it would end up being. Serving no purpose.

Its actually how that name came about. I felt like i had to make a PsN acc For No Purpose.. and since my older, preferred online name was taken on PSN.. i went for that just so i could enjoy that joke.

On 2020-05-24 at 2:32 AM, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

People tend to want everything balanced around level 30 enemies, and not anything past that.

You make it sound like AoE stuff, including Bramma, that people complain about, becomes much less efficient beyond level 30.

The removal of self-damaging ruined a lot of weapons while buffing one of the strongest.
When you can enter a mission and the 3 other players are all using the same weapon in a game with over 100 primaries then clearly something is wrong.

Here's to hoping they reintroduce it and I can go back to not reviving people who stand too close to big boom.

On 2020-05-28 at 4:21 AM, GenryusaiYamamoto13 said:

We should just start a petition to nerf or remove that stupid bow. It's ruined the game. Every 2nd player I see either has the Bramma or the Nukor. I see players MR7 and 8 running around with the Bramma, and it's just sad.

Dear GAWD, yes, please. This bow quite literally breaks the game. It kills so many, so fast, that bramma users run along shooting their feet, eating up enemies like pac-man until they're at the spawn doors, then they sprint to the other side of the map and do the same thing back and fourth. Meanwhile, here you are, in the middle of the map protecting the objective, with NOTHING TO DO because bramma users are clearing spawns back and fourth.

If there's no objective to protect (maybe a survival), you can try and match their damage with a nuke frame or similar, but then you're playing Spawn Race Frame, trying to run ahead of a bramma user and kill something just before it dissapears in front of your face from screen-tearing explosions. So then you're forced to play away from the rest of the team and xp, on the opposite side of a bramma user, in order to play the game for maybe 1 minute tops before they come bunny hopping back shooting at their feet and wiping your spawns on that side. 

It's too easy to have that kind of power with no setup or investment. For that kind of power, there has to be a major time-sink, or a bottleneck to keep people from spamming. I think the self stagger should be the largest in the game for that weapon, like 6-10 meters around will stagger you and literally knock you on your ass, and ammo should be limited. This will keep people from using it in such an oppressive way. 

8 minutes ago, RuFi0 said:

Dear GAWD, yes, please. This bow quite literally breaks the game. It kills so many, so fast, that bramma users run along shooting their feet, eating up enemies like pac-man until they're at the spawn doors, then they sprint to the other side of the map and do the same thing back and fourth. Meanwhile, here you are, in the middle of the map protecting the objective, with NOTHING TO DO because bramma users are clearing spawns back and fourth.

If there's no objective to protect (maybe a survival), you can try and match their damage with a nuke frame or similar, but then you're playing Spawn Race Frame, trying to run ahead of a bramma user and kill something just before it dissapears in front of your face from screen-tearing explosions. So then you're forced to play away from the rest of the team and xp, on the opposite side of a bramma user, in order to play the game for maybe 1 minute tops before they come bunny hopping back shooting at their feet and wiping your spawns on that side. 

It's too easy to have that kind of power with no setup or investment. For that kind of power, there has to be a major time-sink, or a bottleneck to keep people from spamming. I think the self stagger should be the largest in the game for that weapon, like 6-10 meters around will stagger you and literally knock you on your ass, and ammo should be limited. This will keep people from using it in such an oppressive way. 

I'm happy I'm not the only one who is infuriated with the existence of this stupid bow. I am THIS close from starting a petition or writing personally a letter or something to DE to either remove or nerf the hell out of the bow. Honestly, every defense mission or any mission at all I see someone join the game with that bow, I consider quitting(depending on the severity of the situation) the mission. Actually, they should really Mastery Lock the Kuva weapons, so that you cannot claim the weapon from the foundry unless you are said Mastery Rank. This whole Meta race is getting incredibly annoying. With the removal of Self Damage, there is no merit/satisfaction/reward for using an AoE weapon and get the kill. It just takes out the fun and risk. I can go on forever on this stupid weapon. 

Archived