Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma feedback and Discussion

SpringRocker

To those that said to use Ammo Mutation, I am and please read the full post first since I have mods to use instead of just mutation. To those saying I should play solo too, why and why not? Every mission I'm in has a Bramma anyways, I have no gripes against it. Just against the nuke frames. It's a game, who cares in the end. And not to forget, I love playing solo, most public squads are trash with no manners that makes everything take ages, avoiding that toxicity is one of the big reasons why I don't let a game get to me and why WF doesn';t burn me out as much as it did before. The vehemence in my first comment is for dramatic effect because of that ammo pool, regardless of what mods you use, is just pure BS and an attempt to assassinate a wicked weapon.

To the dude that said the Bramma was also low-tech, need I remind you that it drops bomb-lets after an explosion? That's explosive materials exploding after an even larger explosion, trust me mate, in real life there's a lot of impossibilities to get past for that to work.

And to those saying "your tears", I mean you're a fully functional adult right? Bramma ain't going nowhere bois, only ones wet here seems to be you dudes 😉 

2 hours ago, Thrymm said:

See this quote.  Embrace it, make it part of you.  There is no "a few people" thing going on here, and really there virtually never is when stuff starts getting tinkered with.  Three times more people using this than anything else is......embarassingly out of control.  It's all good to disagree with how something goes, but lose the illusion that these changes happen because of a few people, because that's simply not truth.

As you've seen and edited to add, the ammo count is a non-factor.  It's barely even worth mentioning.  Frankly, I'm not sure why they went this direction when it's literally a non-starter and has been since carrier changed, vigilante fitting in the exilus slot simply drove the final nail in any ammo economy type balancing.

Honestly, I'm on the opposite end in regards to thinking it's "fun", and certainly wouldn't put it opposite of the "low-tech" weapons.  It's a bow with a bomb tied to the arrow.  Rambo and the Duke boys where doing it as early as the 1970's, and the chinese where doing it on crossbows before Europeans started using gunpowder.  Blowie uppie arrows are barely newer tech than the bow itself.

We can also go the other way with your logic---if you DO like the Bramma and it isn't going anywhere in your arsenal, maybe YOU should play solo so that it doesn't affect anyone else.  The others aren't the ones using the disruptive weapon, after all.

Honestly, though, I can't see the draw people have to the thing.  Yeah, it's powerful, overpowered even.  But it's boring and frankly kinda lame.  It's neither inventive nor compelling, and doesn't really promote any kind of active gameplay thought.  To each their own if folks like it, but I really can't see why they would.

But I wouldn't draw too much attention to this weapon, maybe use something else on occasion to bring its usage percentage down, because frankly it didn't drop a power rank from these changes and when folks realize that, it might see more.

Okkkayyy dude, little too hardcore with the D.E worship juice there, I'm not gonna embrace anything xD Need I remind you that it drops bomb-lets after an explosion? That's explosive materials exploding after an even larger explosion, trust me mate, in real life there's a lot of impossibilities to get past for that to work.  Playing solo, why and why not? Every mission I'm in has a Bramma anyways, I have no gripes against it. Just against the nuke frames but I won't be like every elitist arse in WF and deny anyone what they find fun. It's a game, who cares in the end. And not to forget, I love playing solo, most public squads are trash with no manners that makes everything take ages, avoiding that toxicity is one of the big reasons why I don't let a game get to me and why WF doesn't burn me out as much as it did before. The vehemence in my first comment is for dramatic effect because of that ammo pool, regardless of what mods you use, is just pure BS and an attempt to assassinate a wicked weapon.

Also changes happen these days not because it's good or necessary but because there 's a few fools going "REEEEEEE" loud enough while the rest of us who couldn't care less have to speak after the fact to say that nope, "No normal person wants this BS".

The game has few weapons that the community likes because ... and when a good weapon that brings together good features like design, look and pleasure when using it do some people ask for nerf? What a more prejudiced and conflicting thought! Why worry so much about the weapons that other people use? Don't you want to see other people playing with weapons you don't like? Play alone and stop flooding the forum with selfishness!

10 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

That's good for you but I'm still talking about the nerf and having to use mods to counter it. That shouldn't be the case in the first place. 

the mods and requiring them are a form of balance tho, has literally always been part of the game, by limiting mod slots or adding the corrupted mods

our characters get the same treatment having corrupt mods that raise 1 stat but tank another, so we need to compromise and find which build works best with our play style

im not directly speaking on the bramma here more compromise in general as being part of the game, dont use the weapon but i also dont really care cause all i see on the forums in recent times are threads like nerf this and nerf that and 1,000 of ppl wanting it to get nerfed but when if i comment and ask what level they were playing and its io, jupiter and i say those enemies dont even reach decent levels till like wave 30, all the sudden im an elitest or have no idea what im talking about, and that thing needs to be nerfed

ive reached the conclusion that the majority of players now a days, dont even remember or know anything about the game or where it came from, they have zero clue about what needs to be nerfed or buffed, they are usually children or scoreboard chasers that got mad that they were farming a super simple level but someone with better stuff was also there so they couldnt get the most kills, and made a post about it to get bandwagon folk to jump aboard

with the current state of the game there is plenty of old nerfs that didnt need to ever happen because ppl shouted so loud till DE listened

Embers 4 didnt need to be completely changed, tweaked yes, absolutely changed No

Gara glass wall didnt need to be directly tied to her health, and then also gimped again by only allowing 1 at a time ( it used to be as many as you wanted as long as they didnt hit 1 another)

almost every single weapon nerf done before rivens, didnt need to be done if they were making rivens

weve had the volt issue for years where volt was the worst glass cannon in the whole game cause around level 30 hed loose the cannon part making him just glass lol, DE said its cause his powers are capped and they cannot remove the cap, our response cant you raise it or atleast give a guaranteed CC effect for the heavy or higher levels, what we got was a video of them testing volt with no cap and seeing him as the electric god and they flat out ignored everything else and just said no we cant do anything at all and put him back as he was, havent played with him recently but from comments here and in game ive seen ppl like him again which means they changed something, so was earlier when they said they couldnt change anything a lie, or did they figure out another way? who knows cause they tend to give us zero info

were told things like the hema will never get its resources reduced and ppl get refunded cause itll cause problems with ppl that had already farmed and got it, yet they keep changing and refunfing people for other stuff all over the place, so is it in fact that other people would get mad? or is it more the fact that with hema requiring a person who plays solo todo 50+ hours of survival, meaning theyll most likely just buy it for plat the real reason??

same with kubrow eggs for many that may not have been here back then kubrow eggs used to be super rare, like you needed to do 30 runs of a level to deff get 1, DE said they were not happy with it but it was busted so if they adjusted the drop rate even 1 number they always dropped, and we asked and for like 1 week they did change the drop rate, and they were right kubrow eggs basically came out of every single nest, so it got changed back, well now it seems they were able to change it cause kubrow eggs are rare but drop twice as much as they used to so again was it that they couldnt change it back then? or was it that people bought more eggs off the market for plat back then when they were super rare?

20 hours ago, StormWolf1337 said:

Not to mention, Saryns are still nuking worse than anything a Bramma could ever do

No argument here. I don't understand why DE even pretend to "balance" the game while Saryn has exist in her current form for many years now.  Nothing a gun can do can match what Saryn (or Mesa) can do. 

16 hours ago, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

Brilliant argumentations I must say. Jesus...

Hey, at least you got something right.

I think the videos are pretty self explanatory.

You showed me a video of a 6 forma bramma killing level 115 corrupted heavy gunners.

Did you scroll up to see the video I posted above that? a 0 forma Lenz killing level 171 enemies in an hour long+ solo survival.

A level 115 corrupted heavy gunner has just short of 2 million health. A level 171 corrupted heavy gunner has 3 million+ health.

Here is a 1 forma lenz, one shotting a level 140 corrupted heavy gunner.

So, of course after I invalidate your argumentation about why Bramma's power is justifiable compared to other primaries because of "power progression"

Either you aren't very bright, or you didn't watch either videos I posted above you. How does a 6 forma Bramma killing level 115 enemies invalidate a 0 forma lenz killing level 170 enemies?

My 1 forma lenz one shot a level 140 corrupted heavy gunner. Bramma with the same mods took 5 shots.
I know its hard to be honest. For the best comparison you compare both weapons killing power.

Here, in these videos. I just made you look silly.

So, let me ask you this, if Bramma is the only weapon that can compete with AoE frames, what's the point of any other primary, or secondary?

The Bramma cannot apply status effects well. This means that if you are in an hour long survival, and a corrupted ancient healer pops up, you can pull out your secondary weapon. Apply radiation to the ancient healer and all enemies around them lose the 90% or so damage reduction the ancient healer gives them. Perhaps an corrupted nullifier shows up. I can sooner bring down his shield with a secondary weapon, then I can with the Bramma.

The point is to have other effects, and more tools at your disposal. In my first lenz video, I bring along a kuva nukor to level up. A healer pops up, and I glaze the enemies around me with radiation procs before swapping back to my lenz.

Likewise, the bramma cannot heal you. Say my Revenant in that hour long survival got hurt. I could heal myself with my melee weapon.

Currently, there's just no better weapon than the Bramma at general play.

Wrong for a host of reasons. #1 Wrong because the Bramma is a crit and slash proc based weapon. You always want a dedicated weapon to apply status effects, or other situations.

Fighting a level 70 wolf of saturn six with the bramma was awful. No procs worked, the bramma's base damage did very little to him, and I was without any ammo for it the rest of the fight.

No enemies around to kill either. I spent the rest of the fight blindly spamming melee for about 20 minutes until he died.

You say the Lenz is a competitor,

See 0 forma lenz survival video, and 1 forma lenz 1 shot level 140 enemy for details.

The truth of the matter is; the Lenz has a maximum damage potential of around 130k true damage. This is the Lenz critting twice with hunter munitions. The Bramma on the other hand has a maximum damage potential of around 51k true damage.

This is because the Lenz can crit twice, thus the slash proc from hunter munitions is multiplied by 4.4 once, then again by 4.4. The Bramma only crits once usually. (Unless you have a riven.) The Bramma's chance for that juicy 51k true damage is also lower then the Lenz. (Bramma doesn't have 100% crit chance. No crits? No slash proc.)

So, how do you make something like survival or defense less dominated by nukes through just mechanics?

See 0 forma lenz survival for details.

This is not a competition between frames and weapons.

It very much is. It's a competition that defines all of warframes. The winners of the competition are a mix of the easiest to use, the most powerful, the most brain dead, or the most time efficient.

For example. Saryn dominates defense missions and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. This is because she does this the easiest, while being one of the most powerful. This can be strengthened even more by having a zenistar, and a bramma. Anything that gets close is taken care of by the bramma/zenistar, and everything further away dies of Corona Virus.

because I'm impressed by a Bramma one-shotting a lvl 120 gunner.

Yup.

It's also hilarious because how many forma did that Bramma have? So what are your thoughts on a 1 forma lenz one shotting a level 140 gunner? It is 100% hilarious.

Still, here's a more believable comparison between the Lenz and the Bramma, with your same setup. (btw, nice red crit + slash proc, how many takes did that require to capture?

Just one. The lenz has a base 25% to enhance the crit. It also has vigilante armaments that can enhance the crit as well. Either of these work for that red crit.

Shame the Bramma with the same mods isn't consistent enough to do the same thing. The struggles of not having 100% crit chance without a riven.

I'll explain to you the difference between the two. With +150% multishot, the Lenz on direct hit does 4 hits. 2 small frost AoE's then the explosion. All four hits have a 30% chance to proc hunter munitions. Then each of those have a 25% chance to crit for more +vigilante armaments.

The Bramma hits twice unless you aim it at the feet. The clusterbombs scatter about and don't always contribute to the damage. More over, the Bramma only has a 87% chance to crit. The chances any individual shot/bomb of the bramma does a slash proc will always be lower then the Lenz.

That's why it takes one shot for my lenz to kill it. Then 5 shots for the bramma. The lenz is a naturally more consistent weapon.

Assuming 3 arrows, 125% crit chance from maxed point strike which you didn't have, a full 30% vigilante bonus even if more likely it's 20% from a sentinel stat stick, and 30% hunter munition chance, that chance for a single one is 1-(1-0.25*0.3*0.3)^3=6.5%, I find it strange for it to be just a lucky coincidence...)

Pretty sure I didn't have a sentinel in the video you are mentioning. So no dice from the vigilante bonus. I did have 112% crit chance if I recall correctly. Yet my 1 forma lenz does much the same thing to a level 140 corrupted heavy gunner. Just an orange crit there. Could have easily been from actually having 125% crit chance or vigilante armaments. Ez pzy.

17 hours ago, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

I do see your point. I personally haven't played the raids, but I'm somewhat familiar with the mechanics through some research. Coordination and timing functional to an objective are surely a way to provide engagement and challenge that transcends killing enemies, however, that can only apply to communicating groups, and as such those mechanics aren't totally applicable to normal content,

That and Crowd Control was a much superior method of dealing with enemies. In raids when you need to do mechanics, enemy interference just is a hassle.

However if all of warframe performed like raids people would get bored. They much prefer the fast paced normal combat. Bramma not only is nearly useless in raids, but is also terrible for raid bosses.

(Eidolons, Profit taker and exploiter orb, Wolf of Saturn Six. Also the Bramma is terrible for hitting that one sentient enemy that flutters about. Aerolyst I think its called? Those things were annoying.)

normal content, which I think is the greatest offender in terms of stale, repetitive gameplay. In normal, public gameplay, which is the essence of what warframe is about, you surely cannot rely on coordination (sometimes even friendship doors are a problem...)

Dunno. I'm pretty bored of normal missions. Normal star chart missions have nothing interesting about them. They same enemy fodder without anything interesting. The same bullet sponges doing the same thing.

Raids were different because if things went wrong, they went horribly wrong. In Law of Retribution for example, during the second mission is where most groups failed. Everyone has to stand on a button to open a door. If anyone gets off a button? EVERYBODY DIES!!!!!!!!!!!

So an itsy bitsy scorpion tiptoes through the map. She spies an oberon with its back turned to her. She hooks it and pulls it off the button. SUDDENLY. BRRZZTTTTTT EVERY WARFRAME DIES.

The part after that had the same issues. The formarian power core had a bad habit of being electrocute, or pushed right into a mine. People would try to rush that part to try to keep it alive. Rushing just killed it faster.

One way or another, normal mechanics in endless modes always fall back on defending, killing, or not dying, and all 3 of them can be completely trivialized by a specific frames.

Certain frames can do both. Octavia is currently the strongest frame in the game capable of killing enemies who have their levels in the thousands of health.

This is done because Octavia can turn invisible. She can also deploy a mallet, then ult. Her mallet takes all damage done to it and sends it back at the enemies but stronger. Her ult amplifies that.

A level 5,000 corrupted gunner can kill itself in like 2-3 shots.

17 hours ago, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

kill-based horde mechanics, and those are very hard to make engaging

Horde mechanics by themselves get boring after awhile.

There is functionally no difference between a Saryn nuking a defense map. Then standing in corner in a survival mission shooting every enemy in front of you with punchthrough.

The horde is only a constant pressure that grows stronger over time. They don't attempt other methods of getting to you (like blowing up or tunneling into their own ship to reach you or bypass your choke point.

The enemies also don't use tactics like rushing at you in a coordinated charge. They all just rush at you from the moment they spawn. Firing the Bramma while I pivot 360 degrees is the same level of engagement to me as getting my rubico sniper count up to 312. I fired and forget. Next nameless enemy #782,901,001.

On 2020-06-10 at 10:00 AM, FairnessJustifie said:

Why do so many people ask for nerf on a gun when it's strong? If it does a lot of damage and it bothers you then just don't use it, this game is PVE, asking for nerf in PVE games is the same as shooting yourself in the foot.

People play games in order to actually play a game. Might as well argue for cheat codes and supplies made irrelevant when building stuff.

Know why no other successful mmo has some kind of braindead "press a button and win" mechanic? It's boring, people get tired of seeing it everywhere, and soon leave because watching tv is more engaging.

It's possible to be strong and feel powerful without making the gameplay meaningless, that's what's going on here, playing the game is actually meaningless with stupid OP weapons and mechanics.

38 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

People play games in order to actually play a game. Might as well argue for cheat codes and supplies made irrelevant when building stuff.

Except that the Bramma isn't an instant win. It's only an instant win when you do low level content.

Maybe graduate from toddler level enemies?

1 час назад, nick-o сказал:

The Bramma could be a chore to use before the Nerf without Mod TT 20pxArrow Mutation or Mod TT 20pxVigilante Supplies, but you could still use it. Now with an ammo pool of only 5 you need those mods just to be able to use the Bramma for more than 2 or 3 rooms.

This, before patch i was using Bramma with Ammo Drum and Terminal Velocity. It had enough ammo (28) to "reinforce" sector or two, then switch to secondary, and that felt comfortable, at least for me. Now i have to use more mandatory mods or/and run like a madman around looking for ammo.

The weapon probably needed even more of a nerf than it go lmao,being used THREE times more than the next weapon is disgustingly imbalanced.
It's even worse when you think about how tedious liches are to get a specific weapon you want,getting the wrong weapon wastes potentially hours of play time.
Just imagine if the Bramma was as simple to get as other weapons..that weapon usage imbalance would be even MORE absurd.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Kayll:

It's even worse when you think about how tedious liches are to get a specific weapon you want,getting the wrong weapon wastes potentially hours of play time.
Just imagine if the Bramma was as simple to get as other weapons..that weapon usage imbalance would be even MORE absurd.

Saturn Capture, 1,5 to 2 minutes per run, spawn a kuva larva and check what weapon you would get. Can be even faster if you just cancel the mission instead of heading to the exit when it isnt the weapon you want.
Literally took like 10 runs or so to get my first Bramma, second one to get it up to 60% was a few more runs than the first, but it also was les than half an hour.

So in all honesty, Kuva weapons are very easy to get, and thats something DE somehow doesnt understand i believe.
Go thru the whole Solaris Grind, then grind Profit Taker phases just to get that one component to build an Exergis. Then be ready to be disappointed, a Bramma is not only far easier to get time wise, it also deals a lot more DPS than the Exergis. So you did all that for an awesome sounding cool shotgun to just annihilate single targets at close range, but oh wait your Bramma can do that already... at longer range... to whole crowds of enemies at the same time.

The only thing that currently keeps a lot of players from running around with a Bramma is the quest gateing.

On 2020-06-11 at 8:37 PM, StormWolf1337 said:

The new Bramma changes are terrible but I can at least forgive them for not killing it completely. Still, thanks D.E, hours invested and 6 forma down, thank you for having no respect towards my invested time. A couple people complain and they nerf our favorite weapon, why don't they apply the nerf to them only instead since they're all clamoring so badly for it? We were all pretty happy with the original Bramma..

Well we're all gonna simply switch to Carrier/Vigilante supplies to almost get past that ridiculous 15 to 5 ammo pool, that's not a nerf, that's them making an awesome weapon almost useless unless you can counter it. Guess what, doesn't make me any more accurate/conservative with the Bramma, I still aim at the floor/feet when necessary and bombard enemies with almost 6 arrows at once using my Gauss' 4.

There's less going on visually with it which is just a shame, I still have to deal with Embers/Vaubans nuking my eyes a 1000x times worse whenever I'm playing a DF/Survival mission. Not to mention, Saryns are still nuking worse than anything a Bramma could ever do, that's true 'no-fun-for-anyone-else-nuke' and not forgetting Novas are still devolving my screen into chaos every time I even poke an enemy. This is surely what a PVE game needs, make the most fun bits less fun, that's sure to keep the loyal players here and draw in new ones, less fun 🙂 I find it amusing as hell though, months from now and the Kuva Bramma will still be our favorite and most used weapon, what's D.E gonna do after they realize they simply can't make us not use it?

It is the most fun weapon they've made after all, most others are pretty boring low-tech projectile guns from the 21st century with nearly no fun-factor. Maybe they'll try to kill it some more by making it into a wholly new weapon like the Arca Plasmor. Who knows, all I know is most missions I've been in since the update has had a Bramma, the boom bow isn't going anywhere, just accept it. If you don't like the Bramma then by all means don't use it or exit from missions with the Bramma, maybe play solo, don't kill our fun because you think you can't seem to have any.

Also me favoring an AOE-bow is not lessened in any way by someone liking another weapon so why do I have to suffer for their preferences? They seem no more important to me than every other player and thus the wants of the many shouldn't be killed by the gripes of a loud few, especially so considering that most players are using the Bramma and seem to deeply favor it, you do you. Regardless of your personal opinions about the Bramma it's still the best weapon to ever come to WF and one of the only few that's fun to use when surrounded by lvl 100 and higher heavies on an endless survival or enhanced enemies in a sortie.

So, just to summarize...

• Bramma sucks now but it's still the funnest and most effective weapon in the game.
  • The game is less fun because of the nerf which will drive away players but months from now all the same players will still be using the Bramma the same way.
  • Instead of nerfing everyone's Bramma DE should instead selectively nerf it only for the people who never liked the weapon in the first place.

200.gif

The Bramma changes are disappointing, though not surprising. As it was, it was exactly everything I hoped for in an endgame Warframe weapon after hundreds of hours, several years, and numerous boss fights.

Even with proper aiming, I'm running out of ammo for it fairly frequently now, with vigilante supplies, and it's still very potent for high level enemies. The ammo capacity could be bumped up a bit. They already reduced the bomblet count. 

1 hour ago, FullMetalFox said:

Saturn Capture, 1,5 to 2 minutes per run, spawn a kuva larva and check what weapon you would get. Can be even faster if you just cancel the mission instead of heading to the exit when it isnt the weapon you want.
Literally took like 10 runs or so to get my first Bramma, second one to get it up to 60% was a few more runs than the first, but it also was les than half an hour.

Actually you're right, I didn't know this change happened, must have been during a period I wasn't paying much attention to warframe, So I guess the end bit of my previous statement doesn't actually apply.

3 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Except that the Bramma isn't an instant win. It's only an instant win when you do low level content.

Maybe graduate from toddler level enemies?

It out classes all non-melee weapons by a margin. Anything something can do, Bramma does it better.

Warframe already has enough easy buttons that are accessible to everyone that people have to bend over backwards to make their own challenge or enjoy a level, the Bramma only subtracts from any design or content by blowing right by it. We don't need the Bramma to make an already braindead easy game (wasn't always that way) even easier.

Just want to add that some folk did not care about the damage it did (me at least)...only the noise and overwhelming particle effects that assaulted ones senses. There have been many times where i was running through some form of exterminate/capture/rescue mission of such (usually fissures) where the Bramma user (often at least 1 wukong so double the noise) was running through the tiles along with the rest of the group blasting everything that came into view. That gets VERY grating on ones nerves when your screen is constantly exploding while you try to navigate a tight corpus or grineer corridor. 

Basically some people hated how the bramma reminded them of Mirage-Simulor days (noise and particle/color bombs everywhere)

32 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

It out classes all non-melee weapons by a margin. Anything something can do, Bramma does it better.

Really? That's odd. I have never been healed by the Bramma. 

It also doesn't chain to enemies. I keep trying to use it to kill enemies with weakpoints. No dice. Doesn't seem to do finisher damage either. 

Try being honest, or saying accurate things. There is plenty the bramma doesn't do, or is flat out terrible. Do you have a bramma, or you just spouting nonsense. 

Go kill Lephantis with the Bramma. Go show me how the Bramma kills it better. I'll wait. 

@(PS4)UltraKardas

Dude, I'll just end it at this. It doesn't matter how many videos you post about Lenz doing this, Lenz doing that. Bramma does it better, and my comparative videos (37s vs 60s to do the same task, with the same build, I don't even know why you talked about forma count) it is obvious. You say Bramma can't do status, except every arrow has (or had) 9 instances of damage (direct, radial, 7 bomblets), which become 27 with 2.5 multi shot and a bit of luck. That also allowed it to destroy nullifier bubbles pretty easily. You again keep referencing bosses, but they are such a small niche that they simply do not matter in the game as a whole. You keep talking about honesty and ignorance, while you are the first one spouting nonsense and hyperbolic argumentations just to defend a gun you like. And, as a matter of fact, the gun has been nerfed, so I guess you are still on the wrong side of the discussion. I'm done.

Archived