Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE wants a Zero Tolerance policy and that's going to destroy this game

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Sigh. A zero tolerance policy isn’t a bad thing and imo is very fair for most if not all situations. Yes context matters I am well aware. But in fairness everyone should receive the same punishment in. A situation if the rules are clearly stated and broken. The all lives matter example is Ill advised because unless you’ve been living under a rock you know how people interpret it and i personally find it ignorant to say such given nobody is saying all lives don’t matter. People are just focusing on the equality of a specific group so all lives can truly matter. But I digress 

I do wonder if a chat bot can pick up the context though? Is it enough to just ban those three words from appearing in succession? Do you think Make X Great Again could also be flagged? 

The thing with chat bots is it doesn't understand context, emotion or the region of the person(s) e.g the N word is used frequently by black people but is considered offensive if a non-black person uses it, the term "simp" is a US term and will be largely not known to be offensive in other regions, there will be slang terms considered offensive in one region but largely unknown in other regions of the world, the list of what words is offensive gets larger every couple of months because there will always be a sub-set of people of a particular group that finds something offensive even if the majority of the group doesn't find it offensive.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, (PS4)shadowwraith_666 said:

The thing with chat bots is it doesn't understand context, emotion or the region of the person(s) e.g the N word is used frequently by black people but is considered offensive if a non-black person uses it, the term "simp" is a US term and will be largely not known to be offensive in other regions, there will be slang terms considered offensive in one region but largely unknown in other regions of the world, the list of what words is offensive gets larger every couple of months because there will always be a sub-set of people of a particular group that finds something offensive even if the majority of the group doesn't find it offensive.

I wonder how "different" will chat bot be on chinese servers ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I do wonder if a chat bot can pick up the context though? Is it enough to just ban those three words from appearing in succession? Do you think Make X Great Again could also be flagged? 

I don't think the bot is able to pick up the context for now. Setting this up also sounds very hard.

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I honestly don’t think it can. And while I don’t like trump and his slogan or agenda I do feel like make x great again isn’t a punishable offense.

but I doo feel like they should set out chat rules make them very clear and make the player  reaccept them due to these changes as. If they are going to enforce a zero tolerance policy 

also de could do what ever they want tbh

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I honestly don’t think it can. And while I don’t like trump and his slogan or agenda I do feel like make x great again isn’t a punishable offense.

but I doo feel like they should set out chat rules make them very clear and make the player  reaccept them due to these changes as. If they are going to enforce a zero tolerance policy 

What makes you think they are going to ban that stuff, anyway? I would say it's inflammatory, but unlikely to be picked up by the kickbot

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

This is a good idea. I hope DE does something like this. Because honestly, after reading some of these post.... I think that I may not be too up to date on all current offensive slang terms and memes. Having something I can give a quick once over would help. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Not exactly. Party chat is an entirely separate function the system resources needed for every single temporary chat channel would be incredibly draining on the network and for the host player. They will keep at player reports for those types of channels. 

Hurmm I see

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think that I may not be too up to date on all current offensive slang terms and memes.

Considering in today's world and the fact that they seem to literally change by the second, I don't think anyone ever will be up to date on that.

Any combination of words could be suddenly offensive for no reason, hell, somebody could even be insulted by my screen name without me knowing it.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I know for a fact from people flaming me on Twitch that reporting them did nothing, so I find this unlikely.

My first twitch account got banned for saying “pokimaine is kinda falling off and her streams are getting more baity” 

twitch does not enforce their rules and terms fairly

• Like 3

1. People need to grow some thick skin. The world is not pleasant. 

2. People need to stop being snowflakes. People get really offended easily when words are not aimed at them.

3. People must know the rules, constant reading is needed since the context changes fast. Not knowing them doesn't exclude you from them. 

4. People should use their brain more often. Logical thinking, reasoning, analysis, comprehension, synthesis are fundamental in our society. Make use of these terms. They are a thing for a reason. 

5. People who has power are NOT fair. Learn your lesson. Nobody is perfect. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LascarCapable said:

Could have been an error. Consider contacting the player support.

actually
[-removed-] said this was one of the reasons I got banned
I contacted him on twitch

Edited by LascarCapable
  • Like 1

It's a game platform run by a corporation.

Why would anyone expect that they have some magical right of free and unfettered speech on the platform?

IMO, to delude oneself into thinking this sort of regulated platform is anything like FB or Twitter is just unwise.

The company gets to decide what is approriate on thier gaming platform, as it should be.

As with all things, support them or not, it's your choice, but to think that you have 'free speech' or anything even close to it on a platform of this kind is, IMO, delusional.

If you come into my business and spout off BS, we will force you to leave and not return.

DE has the same rights on thier platform, IMO.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zimzala said:

It's a game platform run by a corporation.

Why would anyone expect that they have some magical right of free and unfettered speech on the platform?

IMO, to delude oneself into thinking this sort of regulated platform is anything like FB or Twitter is just unwise.

The company gets to decide what is approriate on thier gaming platform, as it should be.

As with all things, support them or not, it's your choice, but to think that you have 'free speech' or anything even close to it on a platform of this kind is, IMO, delusional.

If you come into my business and spout off BS, we will force you to leave and not return.

DE has the same rights on thier platform, IMO.

This is the right mindset. 

Democracy doesn't exist when we speak about corporations. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, (PS4)shadowwraith_666 said:

The thing with chat bots is it doesn't understand context, emotion or the region of the person(s) e.g the N word is used frequently by black people but is considered offensive if a non-black person uses it,

FYI: It's generally offensive in the Black Community too. You may see it used a lot by rappers but even then it's:

• sometimes a term of deep endearment used between the closest of friends.
  • An insult.

It's roughly equivalent to calling someone any number of expletives only this one is racially specific.

I'm almost 50, am Black and have close Black friends who I have had for 30+ years... We don't use that language. 

As such, even in the Black community, if someone you don't know calls you that? ... That's a potential fight.

As to the rest of your post? I completely agree with it...

People will always invent new ways to deride others so context is always going to be important.

The simplest way to address this whole deal is to have a report feature that works properly inside the game so that issues can be reported immediately.

I think we have all had enough of chat bots as it relates to this game.

• Like 4

Removed a few off topic answers : this is not the right place to discuss about "I got chat banned by X for Y", plus I remind to everyone that kind of info is supposed to be private in the first place.

If someone has a problem with a recent chatban they find unfair, consider contacting support. I'd like to avoid seeing this thread get derailed with "I got chatbanned" complaints. Let's focus on the main subject.

I think DE is just setting a precedence that a racial slur is exactly that.

Its across the board. If your gunna say something racist, homophobic anything related to anything considered hateful, your going to get banned. 

It's that simple mind your Ps and Qs. If its anything you wouldnt say to anyone your looking in the eye then dont say it. 

In this case your getting banned, not knocked out.

DE has my support.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

I think we have all had enough of chat bots as it relates to this game.

I want more.

I have always wanted chat bots, be they human or AI based, to crackdown on the language and BS in chats in games to drive away the gamers who think such things are cool.

Seriously.

I wish that tthey would tighten the thing up so much that these immature bad apples in our community would simply walk away from gaming entirely.

I say, turn up the screws, make these people mad and make them leave, IMO, they don't deserve to play games with reasonsble people. 

I might then actually use any of the 'game wide' types of chats in game to actually play the game with others, rather than having to turn them off entirely just to be able to play the games in peace.

🙂 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I want more.

I have always wanted chat bots, be they human or AI based, to crackdown on the language and BS in chats in games to drive away the gamers who think such things are cool.

Seriously.

I wish that tthey would tighten the thing up so much that these immature bad apples in our community would simply walk away from gaming entirely.

I say, turn up the screws, make these people mad and make them leave, IMO, they don't deserve to play games with reasonsble people. 

I might then actually use any of the 'game wide' types of chats in game to actually play the game with others, rather than having to turn them off entirely just to be able to play the games in peace.

🙂 

I'm afraid setting up a chatbot with a good enough AI to recognise context would be very difficult.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

I think DE is just setting a precedence that a racial slur is exactly that.

Its across the board. If your gunna say something racist, homophobic anything related to anything considered hateful, your going to get banned. 

It's that simple mind your Ps and Qs. If its anything you wouldnt say to anyone your looking in the eye then dont say it. 

In this case your getting banned, not knocked out.

DE has my support.

Agreed 100%

DE is teaching you. The streets, those penalize you harshly. Sometimes we have to thanks DE a lot because these good Canadian guys are taking their time to school you properly. The world we live in doesn't take excuses. You don't know that such term is racial? Fine, a punch in the face will become your Montessori instructor. Such lessons may have irreversible brain damage. 

You choose how you learn, the smart way or the painful and harmful way. 

5 minutes ago, LascarCapable said:

I'm afraid setting up a chatbot with a good enough AI to recognise context would be very difficult.

It would be a Doctoral Thesis in computer science and A.I. 

lol. 

3 minutes ago, LascarCapable said:

It really would be.

We haven't advanced to the point where anything A.I. related can operate in non-boolean functions.

Things are always true or false for A.I. so until we hit a point where an A.I. can go "maybe" we won't have that as an option.

• Like 1