Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoCon 2020 Digital Event being moved to August 1st.

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We have a lot of Buried Debts in terms of ideas we’ve shown (but not shipped), and we want our TennoCon 2020 presentation to be an unmistakable reveal of what you see is what you get.

Yes please thank you

hace 40 minutos, Kel_Silonius dijo:

A lot of people with birthdays in August >_>

Sorry if it's inconvenient for you, but to have been born in the very first day of the month named after an emperor has a little charming that combines very well with my imperial personality, so i will not change it :P

Also Tenno means divine emperor, so having many people born in that month play the game is fitting :)

It is understandable given the circumstances and I do appreciate the "what we show is what you get" mentality. Still I got a chuckle over even Tennocon being DElayed.

One question, does this mean no Devstreams until August?

Just editing to add that I'm sure any info will be discussed on the website, these forums, on Twitter or on the regular weekly streams (assuming they resume at some point between now and then) but I am curious because that is a good long time between Devstreams.

I definitely dont mind waiting for a better experience.

After buying the TennoCon 2020 digital pack, i felt like the items were rushed.

The Glyph looks like they selected the first design and were like “eh watever good enough”

The emotes clearly needed polishing. Particularly the lotus one being all askew, triggering my OCD.

I get we’re in the middle of a pandemic. But if you guys need more time if it means better quality, by all means please take it i applaud that.

My friend used to say “do you want it done fast, or do you want it done right?”

And i stand by that sentiment.

But nonetheless you guys are doing great. As always looking forward to see what you all cook up next 😃

In the meantime you can twist some knobs and allow us to get a number of loadout slots matching the number of Warframe that has been released

Max loadout slots available is 34 against 43 released Warframes

Cosmetics slots get increased, mod slots get increased, riven slots get increased

Many people had been asking to increase loadout slots but we are never listened to, and we don't even get an official reply

Purchase the Digital Pack before August 2 at 11 a.m. ET and you’ll get access to his entire inventory during both Relay dates:

- July 11 at 11 a.m. ET to July 18 at 11 a.m. ET
- August 1 at 11 a.m. ET to August 3 at 11 a.m. ET

So... didn't know that you shipped a time machine with the Digital Pack. Is that just for those who purchase between July 18th and August 2nd or for everyone?

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

nd we want our TennoCon 2020 presentation to be an unmistakable reveal of what you see is what you get. We don't want to show a demo and release something months and months later. We want to ship what we show (when it's ready, of course)!

So no more showing "movies" like in the past...wonder how this might impact the hype once it is seen...but still...WYSIWYG is probably a better long term strategy.

If DE wants to spend money to actually make a movie and release it on Netflix (for example) to hype the game that might be a fun thing to watch in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT:  So, found info about the event. Moved to 11/July right?

Uuh guys, just a dumb question. I have away theses weeks, so missed the Tennocon 2020 event.

Any of u can send me an link/page where i can watch the event?

Ive searched on Twitch and Youtube, but found nothing...

Very ty, have fun Tennos !!!   😄  o/

On 2020-06-12 at 12:00 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

2020 is a year full of change. We went from moving our Fifth TennoCon from a physical to Digital event, and now we’re going one step further and moving Digital Tennocon to August 1st. The reasons we are doing this are very important, so please take a moment to not only adjust your calendars, but review our reasons why we are moving it:

1) It’s a Digital Event - we can give ourselves the time we need. 

It’s been a turbulent year! COVID has forced us to adapt to new work from home development realities (and the obstacles that come with that!) and we’ve also had to make changes to our TennoCon plan so we can do it remotely. Because of this, we’ve had to make the tough decision to move TennoCon to later this summer. This will give us the time to make sure we can put on an awesome show - and deliver the magic of TennoCon - to our community worldwide!  

2) We have a history with dates and ambition.

As recently as last year, we had immovable dates that put us in less than ideal situations for the game. We are making this choice using our past experience to guide us. We have a lot of Buried Debts in terms of ideas we’ve shown (but not shipped), and we want our TennoCon 2020 presentation to be an unmistakable reveal of what you see is what you get. We don't want to show a demo and release something months and months later. We want to ship what we show (when it's ready, of course)!

As for Baro, he’ll be making a second visit in this new date window. We will be honoring the first visit, and simply adding a second! 

We will see you on August 1st  for an amazing day online. We can’t wait to share it with you.

https://www.warframe.com/tennocon

I am a 67-year-old player and I have seen many game developers succeed and fail (or be bought) for not being true to their followers.
His sincerity demonstrates the respect that Digital Extreme has for the players.

Archived