Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.4

[DE]Megan

17 minutes ago, Evhel said:

Auto-extraction from Granum upon hitting 3rd rank, please? 

Kinda tired of "dunno what i'm doing" players that keep collecting time when the mission is already completed.

I feel like a persistant exit portal would be better. some people might want to stay and save the solaris members if there's any purpose to doing that.

put it on top of that pyramid thing or something so it feels like it has a purpose other than just an environmental piece.

this would also allow people to bail out early if for some reason they're only farming one of the first two ranks.

Why are the time drops for Nightmare Granum Void almost nonexistent? Every party I've been in has not been able to get to Rank 3, because of the huge difference of time drop amount. This is making getting Protea and parts impossible.

It's now been 4 updates in 2 days (counting only work days).  Where do we stand?

Well, railjack is still a mess.  I appreciate the "join any open crew" button, but it's put me on some crews with a ping between 150 and 1000+.  Yeah, it seems like a lot of the features break at that point.  Crafting, blink, the ability to aim at enemies.  I am finding that I do like railjack though, because it's the next quick affinity farm after you boosted everything.  With a competent crew you can bang out a mission in less than 5 minutes, and level up everything but the companion weapons.

The content...

Spoiler

I'm not capable of commenting on the primary kitguns.  I accumulated 8 kitgun rivens and sat on them, and this update has made sure they're garbage.  Starting out as trash, and then waiting 90 days for them to get moved up (likely 270 days or 3 cycles before they level off), isn't the fix here.  I get why you don't start them off as neutral, but it's "fixing" the "problem" of seeing the values fluctuate down by making them worthless at the word go.  Maybe instead of fully RNG it's time to make them set for each weapon so you can balance, and the rolls control which 2-4 appear.  The inclusion of a negative stat won't increase the other values, only decrease the capacity cost of the riven.  This way you can balance everything, there is RNG and a reason to re-roll, but the benefits can be reaped immediately without having to balance them based upon usage as a lagging indicator.

Protea

Spoiler

Protea is definitely not bad, but not good either.  This is coming from someone who chooses to main Zephyr.  Power 1 cannot be controlled and aimed well, but it's effective area denial.  Power 2 lasts so short that it's effectively useless.  It's Grendel levels of "good idea, but cannot be used."  The difference being that Grendel has such a high power drain, while Protea even after a primed duration mod increase can't have the turret for long enough to matter.  3 is a power I don't understand.  If you've gotten to a high enough level to grind the granum rift, you've got access to a dojo and pizzas.  If you have pizzas you can create ammo, health, shield, and energy on demand.  This power let's you create drops, at an energy cost.  The only benefit I see is archwing gun ammo, but why?  Power 4 is stupid fun.  Cast once, spam the heck out of grenades, be an idiot.  If you die, there's a free respawn.  If you live you're surrounded by CC and some resources.  It's not exactly something I'd call game changing, but good fun.  If Grendel is a D student, Zephyr is a D, and Excalibur is a B, I'd call Protea a solid C.  The gimicks are strong with this one, including the universal aura slot, but the low drop rates from a game mode that offers nothing to come back for is sad.  Maybe instead of having the parts drop at 11% you could have one drop each time.  At that point the draw would be for the weapons parts, and you could round out the rewards with some additional sources of endo via a couple of new ayatan sculptures (values 500-800 without stars, and each taking 2 cyans to go to 700-1000).  This would effectively offer less rewards than arbitrations, with less risk, but offer a good endo source for incoming players.  You could then justify sucking a bit of the endo out of arbitrations, so that the rarer drops aren't a miserable slog.  If not arbitrations, ESO/SO are still heavily weighted to endo and could benefit.

Weapons

Spoiler

Stropha.  It's competent, but the colors don't do a great job indicating how far the enemy can be before it does nothing.  Looking at this objectively, the high crit is pretty interesting.  I can't say though that the performance is anything I'd justify plowing 6 forma into just to have an Umbral build.  The Sarpa strips armor, for the eidolons.  The Redeemer spreads status, assuming you can get in close.  The Stropha...is a re-introduction of the tenno space program.  It's just not great enough when competing against a competent zaw, the Paracesis/Gram, or any of dozens of other melee weapons that do more.

Stahlta.  I was hoping for so much more here.  The obvious good critical chance and critical multiplier on the secondary fire are easy to see, and then you use it in-game.  It's pretty much in competition with the Opticor directly on that front, and it isn't faring well.  The 20 ammo consumption, wait for a full charge, and visibly poor accuracy over significant distances make it difficult to use.  The later point there is depressing when at about 30 meters away you can see the projectiles fired with split-shot have about a 2 meter cone.  That's with only serration, split-shot, and a 60-60 element.  I'm not even sure if Heavy Caliber would be viable here.  Maybe heavily modified for speed and some more crit this would be great, but I already have an Opticor, Opticor Vandal, and a Soma Prime.  This might be mitigated by halving the cost of the secondary fire, but I'd be lying if I said the automatic fire was anything special either.

Xiros.  I like it.  It isn't something I'd use regularly, but the explosion in flight mechanic is interesting.  The stats against enemies outside the granum voids are...let's call it something that loses its punch at the highest end of the start chart.  I've only tried to use this against the sentients once, and it seems to not do the same thing.  Maybe hiding the easter egg in the game, that the same theory powering sentients powered the new enemies, would be something worth finding.  What do I know though?

New Moa

Spoiler

The new Moa.  You're kidding, right?  Let's review.  The stat increases, or maybe just definitions, are good.  The problem is that Moas are somewhere between sentinels and the kavats.  They don't stick to the tenno, so those stats are really easy for enemies to take advantage of.  Of look, my Moa is down...and revived....and down....and re-, nope down again.  I watched it, with all three link mods, run up to a level 30 bombard and get mulched.  Of yay, it can do as much impact melee damage as a soma.  Upgraded it can do 4 times that.  A level 30 enemy looks at the attacking Moa, and proceeds to sneeze at it.  The result is a companion that can barely stay alive with melee focused attacks constantly topping off its health.  Why?  The only potential fix is a life leeching deconstructor prime attached, but at that point why not simply use the slots for other mods to boost the damage you can do?  I just don't see what niche these Moas fill better than the competition.

The new sentinel weapon.  No.  It's a status beast, that isn't 100% accurate and the cluster of projectiles often impacts nothing because the enemy is dead before it can do anything.  I'm looking at a 40% increase in projectile speed, half as many fired, and some substantial AoE added as splash to make this thing viable.  As is, this is a joke.  I get the idea, but the implementation leaves so much to be desired.

Quest

Spoiler

The quest.  Insert clapping, and enthusiasm.  It didn't break.  It was long enough.  It answered enough questions without being everything.  I cannot express the satisfaction to be had here, and there was no 24-72 hour delay on the quest to wait for something to craft.  Tell me again, what was the frustration with building your railjack?  Right; the costs were too high, there was a 12 hour build time for multiple components, and the mission itself was so shallow on interaction and world building.  How about this one sets the tone going forward?  About 50 lines of conversation, reuse of existing game modes, an the introduction of a single new enemy type.  It wasn't a lot of content, but it's put together well.  That's good enough.

I'm going to call this update now as a solid C-.  Points given for the quest are an A.  The rewards structure is a D.  The new content is a C-.  The desire to replay the game modes is a D.  If you had something worth coming back for, this would have been a B- update.  I'm struggling to appreciate the new tile set, because it has no flow.  When you add internal paths on a tile it should give opportunities for new traversal.  Unfortunately here it only adds new areas to kill the game flow.  If I want to get those medallions or ayatans I need to figure out the vent, leading down to a third level, that connects to nothing.  I am reminded of the Unreal Tournament levels, and then immediately get angry because they knew not to include a half dozen dead ends.  Yes they were layered, but rarely could I reach a dead end to be rewarded with nothing.  Breaking the flow of movement, without rewards, is a cardinal sin of designing aesthetics without function.  Jupiter only got around this with the large open areas, and it's still often painful in stopping game flow dead.  In contrast, disruptions eventually got rewards good enough to come back for.  Hopefully similar changes can be implemented to this too.

Think I just found a bug: If you go down in the Nightmare Granum Void fight, when you revive you have no idea how many are left to kill to hit the goal, the timer hadn't run out I was collecting the little pyramids. (When I could see them sometimes they're are easy to see other times they are that transparent it's not funny)

I know I wasn't far off but the timers gone the kill count is gone, I was running around still killing but didn't get to the 75 I needed because all the timers and counter was gone I kept killing though not enough. 

edit: I might post this in the bug section if I find the right part.

En 12/6/2020 a las 17:36, [DE]Megan dijo:
  • Added Lotus VO when a Granum Crown has been used in a Golden Hand Tribute.

Added all abilities blocked for warframe when you enter to the Golden Hand and even more, that the abilities continue blocked after come out from it?

5 minutes ago, Arkhannax said:

Added all abilities blocked for warframe when you enter to the Golden Hand and even more, that the abilities continue blocked after come out from it?

I had a case where falling off the edge of the map fixes it, but it didn't fix it all the time sadly.

I am adding a few more problems I have found:

If you join a squad that is already in granum void, you don't have an event ui at all. Don't know how much time is left, don't know the kill count. Missions should not be joinable once the squad has opened the rift to the granum void.

A new sports has emerged: if your team did not reach tier C, immediately leave (possibly being the host) and mess up the next squad. This selfish bs behavior is getting annoying.

Seriously, I think the following should be implemented: if you leave a mission after your squad was sent out of the granum void without reaching at least tier A, you cannot enter a corpus ship tileset mission again until your original squad has completed the mission.

I am just wondering if the survival timer could pause if ALL party members opt to go into the granum void? Or are there technical issues that prevent this.

It's not exactly a necessary feature and I can easily just access the granum void in other mission types, but the granum void causing some sort of interaction with time outside the void is something mentioned in the lore.

1 hour ago, MacDex said:

I am adding a few more problems I have found:

If you join a squad that is already in granum void, you don't have an event ui at all. Don't know how much time is left, don't know the kill count. Missions should not be joinable once the squad has opened the rift to the granum void.

A new sports has emerged: if your team did not reach tier C, immediately leave (possibly being the host) and mess up the next squad. This selfish bs behavior is getting annoying.

Seriously, I think the following should be implemented: if you leave a mission after your squad was sent out of the granum void without reaching at least tier A, you cannot enter a corpus ship tileset mission again until your original squad has completed the mission.

ya the UI thing is so irritating, once it starts no joining, 

On 2020-06-13 at 3:07 AM, captainHalide said:

Protea's grind is painful.  If the enemy spawn is unfavorable, you're just hooped and you lose the coin.  If your squadmates aren't sticking together, they start trawling opponents all over the map and you probably won't get the drop you're there for.  If you bring precision slow-RoF weapons, you're screwed.  Bringing the new melee glaive gives you wildly different odds and thus pigeonholes us again like paracesis did for the anomoly missions.  Plus, frames that can apply a lot of damage ticks over a wide area have enormous advantages to those who can't, and Mesa has quickly become the reigining champion of the Granum Void while other caster frames struggle.

Also, please please PLEASE remove the cosmetics from rotation C, we can get well over a dozen shoulder guards before getting protea parts.  This would be so much less of a draining grind if the drop chances for what we need weren't being so heavily diluted by something that's literally worthless after the first earning.  An 11% chance can mean somebody has to go through 20 to 40 rounds of the same thing over and over and over and over, and it's really not fun to do so.  Protea isn't a powerful enough frame to warrant this kind of agony.

Also, my entire clan has decided that saving the prisoners we find on corpus ships is absolutely not worth it.  Getting solaris united standing is so easy and getting the coins is not.  Getting an equivalent number of debt bonds would be both more thematically appropriate and much more helpful for those players still advancing through fortuna's ranks.

I honestly had a good time with the quest, getting the weapons was no big deal, and I'm super curious to see what our new moas can do.  Also, the new tilesets are supremely nice, the new music is a delight, reinforced glass will not be missed, and the elimination of elevators from the ships has been fantastic.  The grind for protea mixed with the punishing nature of the new void mission is the one negative exception to this update.  

I really hope they add more drops to this after the initial phase or people will forget this real soon

On 2020-06-13 at 3:10 AM, Duality52 said:

A reminder that freeing Solaris prisoners should give more standing and bypass the Daily Standing limit. It feels so morally wrong to ignore them, but due to the awful Standing that doesn't amount as much as to rescuing a Spotted Bolarola is baffling.

totally, why will i even run this thing after having all items when in 60 secs from spawning in valis i can catch a stover or just trade in a zodian

On 2020-06-13 at 3:14 AM, WarriorSoundwave said:

Is it just me or does survival life support drain faster? I was doing the alert (solo) but failed because I couldn't get enough drops from enemies and the capsules weren't spawning fast enough.

No did not have any issue like that but then again i was running ivara

On 2020-06-13 at 3:19 AM, captainHalide said:

Please name another warframe that regularly takes dozens of runs and requires the use of following a focused meta.  Grendel's acquisition was difficult, but at least it was guaranteed.   

Even as a god-tier umbral mesa gorged on energy pizzas, with clanmates on voice doing their job, I spent six hours grinding for *just* her systems.  I clocked double-digit numbers of excess weapons parts and probably have the better part of 20 shoulder guards.  Imagine trying to do that six months down the road when nobody cares to grind for protea anymore.

Even though its a rage among content creators, umbral mesa and normal mesa with umbral intensify does not have too much difference in damage out put at least not untill New war drops , you can easily catch up with growing power coaction drift or  come close almost. But I get it  got 9-10 Mortus scrap before the system.  but 25 runs in total for system, considering my luck with revnant neuro { 100+ bounty5} and guass parts { still missing chass,evryday i do 5 runs} or gausss weapon BP, {not a single till now 5 runs daily}, thats like winning the lottery, 

On 2020-06-13 at 3:26 AM, Maganar said:

Something you don't even mention (and I agree with all your saying here) is how insufferable it feels to be forced to wait minutes on end for the Treasurer to even spawn in the first place.  This is exacerbated by the fact that - as you point out - we are effectively mandated to take Mesa and Xoris to even have any chance at all of the C rotation reward, which is mandatory to progressing the farm.  This means I have to spend literal hours of gameplay with my loadout effectively scripted to Mesa w/ Xoris regardless of how much I like or hate that loadout.  Time not even spent progressing any sort of content in the game, but just sitting around waiting for the chance to be allowed to earn a lottery ticket that has to be thrown into a stressful time trial.

The quest was breathtaking.  The farm is positively enraging, and sufficiently so that it's actually making me not want to play Warframe right now because the only way to earn the new content is by ... effectively not playing the game.  Just sitting around in cleared missions waiting to be allowed to start a minigame that is more like whack-a-mole than it is like Warframe.

DO the void first, then do mission, by the time you come out of mission he will spawn , worked evrytime in 100+ runs as off now

On 2020-06-13 at 3:35 AM, killkil67 said:

was the nerf on the bramma NESSECRY 👿

yes, 

On 2020-06-13 at 3:45 AM, Aethos_Angelos said:

Is there a reason listed somewhere for doubling the kill requirements?

Given that I already felt forced to use Mesa to have a chance at rotation C this change is very confusing.

75 with 4 guys was real easy , so i guess thats why. its still easy though 40 kills each approx

On 2020-06-13 at 4:03 AM, SQLOwns said:

So you can't even use Mesa's abilities in Granum.......the farm is once again atrocious.....another fail update.

Its a bug, did you have her 2 or 3 active before going to void if yes, then thats the cause activate skills inside

On 2020-06-13 at 4:10 AM, Shylo50 said:

? Could you elaborate? Do you mean she's just not viable now, or...?

its just a bug

On 2020-06-13 at 4:33 AM, ---Swaggi--- said:

unknown.png?width=1922&height=857

unknown.png

Nice Update 😄

Most importantly Did you get anything i stopped after like 1000 but nothin

On 2020-06-13 at 6:05 AM, DarkBladeNemo said:

I don't usually complain but I will give my feedback regardless.

The overall questing experience was fine but I did find that the treasurers  during the mission took a long time to kill. I was using a fully modded Arca Plasmor and the thing just tanked it for almost 2-3 mins. Like what is that even? I have noticed that Mesa's 4 melts them but I don't think this was tested at all. The boss at the end was also a massive pain as I ran out of ammo really fast. Had to resort to using Saryns 1 to chew through the shields and health only to then use the gimmicky weapon to progress.

On the topic of the stupid glaive. Why is it that it requires a weapon slot and does not come with one? This is a weapon that is needed to progress the quest so the least you could do was to make it not require a slot or provide one for it. With how you changed the GV it almost seems mandatory for atleast 1 person in the squad to bring along the stupid glaive or you will run out of time really fast.

The GV itself is also a flawed concept. Firstly having to wait for time to run out to exit is dumb, how could you not add an exit when the target kill have been met or at least make the reward rotations start from the beginning. Making the stupid glaive somewhat mandatory for it is also kinda dumb. I would highly suggest you go and play your own content and grind out the Protea frame. After that you should have a feel for what is wrong with it. 

The last thing is that the GV does not stop the current mission time. This has caused a mission fail on a sabotage map mainly because someone thought it would be funny to continue to pick up time and lock us into the area, this essentially allowed the self destruct timer to run out and fail the mission.

That's about it I think.

Stopping current mission time is necessary , its stupid that survival timer keeps on going  inside. Also its Plot hole, in quest the two worlds are disconnected through time in mission its not lol. Jokes apart what really pissed me off is this thing increased my Quit rate from 1% to 3% for all the missions i joined when either the void is done or the entire mission is almost done , i mean come on.... now i have to do 30k missions to make it even lol

On 2020-06-13 at 6:55 AM, 8LacK5naK3 said:

Soloing with a purpose built octavia and ignis wraith, Up to 28.0.2, I had no problems at all killing anywhere between 100-150 specters in any of the GV tiers within the initial time limit. There were plenty of time-extending pyramids lying around too, just in case I had a need for them.

I came back on tonight after 28.0.4, and now I'm getting exactly half the kills in any of the tiers with exactly the same setup, and not managed to hit 75 kills yet after 5 attempts.

Something has definitely gone wrong somewhere.

It seems like either the spawns have dropped off in frequency or they are simply taking twice as long to kill. I'm barely seeing any pyramids either, meaning I can't even extend the time enough.

I haven't seen anything in the 28.0.3 or 28.0.4 patch notes that would explain it.

well no they did not make them harder but reduced time pyramids, so essentially cutting it half. but its doable not as easily as when it dropped but possible

On 2020-06-13 at 8:05 AM, Prince-of-Space said:

Scaling the required kills in Granun Void can sometimes screw you over. I was in a Granun solo, I had hit 75 kills with ease, and with 3 seconds left, someone else joined the squad and the requirement jumped to 100. I had no time to even try and get those kills, netting me a mere B rotation rather than the C rotation I had actually worked for. It felt extremely bad, considering I paid a resource and completed the objective within the Granun, only to be screwed over with no way of stopping it. 

yes once the rift is open no one should be able to join. happened quite a few times, finished kills waiting suddenly 2 more guys coming with 10 secs remaining, However for solo play u can put solo mode or invite only

On 2020-06-13 at 3:19 PM, Kattefjaes said:

Then don't do that? Rather than bring a "precision slow-RoF" to a speed killing challenge and being all offended, bring the right tool for the job. Try Mesa, for example. At that point, you won't need a squad to carry you, either.

hahaha, you beat me to the punch, saw a guy with rubico prime and catchmoon complaining he cant kill things, well catchmoon falls off!!

21 hours ago, xslamfox said:

This new update is really really annoying.

The jackal fight is bugged.

The drop tables are all behind C rotation.

And the current content incentives solo play. You only need to kill 75 solo instead of 150 in a group. 2000 and 3000 credit caches are a slap in the face while farming parts. The granum voids should end when you hit the kill cap. Period. No excuses.

Missions should have timers paused while in the LITERAL TIME VOID WHERE TIME ISNT FLOWING. Failing a mission while in granum void is wrong. C rotation, bugs, and bad game and the ridiculously unfair kuva bramma nerf that i worked 20 hours on. 

This the 3rd strike in a row for me after bad Empyrean and Terrible Kuva liches that DE refuses to make better.. Im just gonna quit for a while. no point in playing if they dont care about the community and just want to turn everything into a grind fest. The .01% drop chances on mods (Void Hole) should have make me realize DE doesnt care and WANT NUMBERS MORE THAN THEY WANT ENJOYMENT.

Jackal fight is not bugged, Waht bug you are talking about?

no it doesnt promote solo play 1 man killing 75 and 4 guys killing 40 each, which each is easier?

timer is required, not everything in game should be available to everybody just cause we whine. If we match the skill required we should get it. If not, then  no.

Bramma is nerfed because of the player base using it and am happy they did it, constant bramma usage with ridiculously bright colors made it like the simulor. and how the ammo count matters I dont understand, put vigilante supplies problem solved or if you are using carrier prime.

13 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

I feel like a persistant exit portal would be better. some people might want to stay and save the solaris members if there's any purpose to doing that.

put it on top of that pyramid thing or something so it feels like it has a purpose other than just an environmental piece.

this would also allow people to bail out early if for some reason they're only farming one of the first two ranks.

Afaik saving solaris only increases the amount of time left by 20 sec.

And you get a reward for each rank you achieve so really no point in extracting early.

But yeah, permanent or not just give me a way out once i'm done 🙂

On 2020-06-12 at 4:37 PM, BunkoBuxy said:

Hey fellow tenno here! Can you look into garuda's talons suddenly doesnt active blood rush and weeping wounds? Its not working at least for a month now.
Other exalted melees still cant proc glad set. Pls fix. 

the other exalted melees arent allowed to have blood rush, what makes you think the lack of gladiator crit multiplier is a bug?

Why is there even a Provide command at Rude Zuud NEXT TO GILD?!

My god, so much time wasted. At least put a safety check prompt so people don't sell by mistake.

Why do we even need to gild things in the first place, just to drain another 5k standings?

Ok Trasurers with innate 99% shield damage reduction...

- totally ignore magnetic procs

- totally ignore toxin/true damage shield bypass

- add physical boost from sortie and lv. 80

= functionally unkillable for 99% of weapons / builds

WTH DE?

What's the point of statuses rework if your first recourse to "harder" enemies is, again, invulnerability?

11 hours ago, Overlowd said:

What's wrong with my Railjack?

I can't destroy enemy crewship's shild with one shot anymore at RUSE,also,enemies are more difficult to kill at RUSE.Have you weakened my Railjack or enhanced the enemies?

Are you sure you've been able to? did you equip the Ordnance avionics to achieve that?
I never used the ordnance avionics and I 100% always had to fire two shots of the rodnance to take out the shields on Ruse War Field, not that it mattered, enemies take two tethers to kill, and crewships still die in oneshot from the Artillery if shooting the engines.

On 2020-06-13 at 4:26 PM, Amanne said:

Is it only me or Temporal Anchor seems to have ~12m radius independently of range mods? I tested with 34%, 100% and 280% ability range and the visual bubble appears at around 12m from Protea when implosion happens.

It took me a bit of experimentation to get an idea what's going on. The visual effect of Temporal Anchor's bubble seems to be cosmetic only, while the range of the ability is indeed affected by range mods. However, implosion works weird. Objects like containers, corpus beacons etc are affected by implosion within range, even if they are in another room behind walls, however live enemies seem to require uninterrupted line-of-sight to be affected, making even slightly obscured by the environment enemies immune to the effect of implosion. Completely. Neither they are pulled and knocked down nor they receive any damage. Sometimes even fully visible enemies ignore the effect when there is a low object between them an Protea, or they are at slightly different heights.This is inconsistent and looks like a bug.

Archived