Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the point of the ultra killer mega extreme grind?

_Eclips3_

9 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Honestly I wouldn't have problem with the grind if this wouldn't have been an other kill as many as you can in a short time kind of challenge.

Now I have to use Mesa to have any chance for completing all 3 rounds.

I agree and it seems very anti- co-op now seeing as they took away the only other reason for group play which was increased coin drops.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Honestly I wouldn't have problem with the grind if this wouldn't have been an other kill as many as you can in a short time kind of challenge.

If I had 5 plat for every time that was a gameplay issue I'd be able to buy literally half of the Switch Tennogen offerings.

• Like 1

So 35 runs and not 1 Protea part...and then you make it more grindy & difficult to get.....

Look, I don't mind a bit of grind and I don't expect to get everything in a few runs, but running the same mission +30 times for a few credits & redundant parts.

Please in future go down the token route where  you can trade for the parts after x runs. At least you have the illusion of progress, this is just soul numbing.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

If I had 5 plat for every time that was a gameplay issue I'd be able to buy literally half of the Switch Tennogen offerings.

Well yeah. The meta is more about killing now. But at least most missions can still be completed with CC frames. This mission was impossible for me without a dps build. I'm already burned out by this grind. So I'm not gonna get this frame.

• Like 2

@XxElite2015xX the reasons for ultra grind are mainly two:

1) time gating: if everything introduced in the game was easily and readily available, the developers would not have time to plan and release new content before the playerbase would move out immediately to another game/activity

2) money funnel: getting 'free' stuff must be painful enough to make players consider paying as the most efficient option (not arguing here, they are a company and they need money to stay afloat)

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

And the main point of contention is you trying to tell me that you could get heaps of intrinsics from Ivara farming. That is just blatantly false info, it was about 12 - 14 per run and took around 8 minutes if you did it quickly. Standard veil missions gave around 10 - 12 intrinsics also, while now they give around 50 so once again, your assertions of gathering faster on release are completely wrong. As was the info about umbra formas raining from the sky lol.

Yes, defo ivara wasnt working.

4 days after launch (and you gotta do the quest and build ship before doing anything), notice his intrinsics at around 50 seconds.

Would say "tell us more" but tbh am tired of wasting time with "such a good player" keep pretending starters always get "harder time" instead of being able to exploit anything remotely exploitable.

BB

Ps: there's also a video of 22 december about someone maxed intrisics but am pretty sure there's ppls that maxed them before that.

Edited by (PS4)Miciobestia

9 hours ago, (PS4)Miciobestia said:

Yes, defo ivara wasnt working.

4 days after launch (and you gotta do the quest and build ship before doing anything), notice his intrinsics at around 50 seconds.

Would say "tell us more" but tbh am tired of wasting time with "such a good player" keep pretending starters always get "harder time" instead of being able to exploit anything remotely exploitable.

BB

Ps: there's also a video of 22 december about someone maxed intrisics but am pretty sure there's ppls that maxed them before that.

Now I can understand your confusion. There was an issue with the end of mission intrinsics carrying on from previous mission if you kept hitting replay mission without exiting because we launched it from the Orbiter. I can promise you, he's not actually gaining that many intrinsics as shown per run. Those 8 - 9 minute Ivara runs, he's actually only getting around 15 intrinsics per time and they are stacking, just like the rest of us who did it. Infact in the profile the intrinsics number was different yet again, it was very buggy. With regards to 4 days after Railjack, yep I can understand the confusion there also. So we had 2 weeks prior to Railjack being launched where we could build our actual Railjack. If you check back in the forums you'll find rage threads from people complaining they had a built Railjack but no update to use it in. So when Railjack released, we had our ship ready to go. 4 days in? We were at intrinsic level 8 on the first day so that's actually quite slow compared to the ones who grinded the hell out of it on day 1.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)Miciobestia said:

Oh true, the costant refilling of energy flux didnt helped either i guess (like part for the ship mean crap, except maybe the reactor but sigma mk3 is good enough, all you needed and still need is a good battle avionic that you can get on earth too).

And rofl, like i didnt done RJ before the revised, Ivara stealthkill was 1 hitting anything and giving you tons of intriscs, not just 12 plus you could even quit anytime and KEEP the intrinsics earned until that point (that sadly was already fixed when i started, so had to do whole missions for a measy 50 intrisics at time in Veil QQ).

Check your lies better thx.

And about that new grind, we can see already more than one topic/video about how to get thousand kills for those spectres camping spawns.

Pretty sure by the time it get on ps4 all those will be fixed but there will be ppls like you claiming that YOUR farm and grind was so hard, horrible and long (while meanwhile we read already now that took just few hours to ppls to get everything lol).

Ps: MAYBE you didnt got any Umbra but if they got removed for sure there was a reason (aka, devs can actually SEE how many dropped).

If you think there is ANYTHING about railjack that is harder or grindier now than before it was updated, you are laughably uninformed.

It is easier in absolutely every regard.

• Like 4

Why are people complaining about the "grind" for Protea? Or was I just lucky?

It took me an overall of like 3-4h to farm ALL the stuff out of the void. the 3 Weapons and Protea herself. Including the Jackal-farming for the 2 blueprints. 

People act like it will take weeks of grinding to get those items. 

Yes the whole update is a grind but i'm enjoy it , new quest , unique boss fight , a whole new corpus tilesets to explore . yet people still complain lol , sometime i wondering why they play warframe in the first place when they can't stand this little of grinding 

Edited by binhthanhk2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

If you think there is ANYTHING about railjack that is harder or grindier now than before it was updated, you are laughably uninformed.

It is easier in absolutely every regard.

I just remember how many disappointing Vidar Reactors I scrapped....  And now they have a guaranteed 90 capacity lol.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Yeah, fusion system by itself has reduced the grind by about a factor of 10.

I think he's confused cos that Ivara video appears to show intrinsics gained at a significant rate but it's only because the mission results kept stacking as you did runs, it's not how many it was per run. And the rest, me and my mates got to about level 8 intrinsics on the first day but we played it for hours, the only lack of grind we enjoyed was not farming tons of titanium by being able to buy repair drones, which they have now re-added after removing them for a short time.

It was fun for me to collect protea parts and weapons ... I just wanted to know if this new coin structure can be used in other game modes with random rewards. It would be very interesting to do that!

Edited by Luciole77

to give you something at all to do because collecting everything is literally the entire game.
Warframe is 100% a game about the journey and without a destination in any way whatsoever.

one shouldn't be asking to get things easier, but rather to get things............ funner? uhh whatever. it would be better to ask for the process of acquiring things to be more engaging and interesting, than just faster.

• Like 5

It is not that grindy, just you need to spend some time, 3 hours for me to get the new primary and gunblade, meanwhile a full protea blueprint. 

Dont so standing, that your problem, you choose not to, so this is not the game's problem and it is not suffering at all. 

Farming prime parts is what you think you should do, and ignore the standing, and you choice backfired, so now you come here and complaint?

2 hours ago, Hookinsu said:

It took me an overall of like 3-4h to farm ALL the stuff out of the void. the 3 Weapons and Protea herself. Including the Jackal-farming for the 2 blueprints. 

The Deadlock protocol grind was clean. There are very few rewards in each of the tables and it took less than a day (4 hrs) to farm everything with relative easy in public queue'd missions. I can't believe people are complaining about this grind when things like Turret velocity still exist. The lowest drop rate item is like ~10%. The granum void missions take a minute or two.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, Hookinsu a dit :

tl;dr; it is a decent prospect for the game as there are many newer players around.

It is imho a good thing, it means that there are lots of newer players. Factoring farming the few mats I was missing for the new Moa it took me less than 4h total doing the quest, farming ALL the protea stuff and starting the craft of the moa and the new sentinel weapon. Wich is btw pretty sad as it is all the content this update incentivises.

But to be honest when you reach mr 28-29 you start playing the game way less. Atm there is nothing in end game except chasing for speed, trying to be faster than before.

About the standing: this is about efficiency more than time. Caping solaris united at mr 29 for example can be done in less than 15mn reliably.

About the prime parts: it is a core part of the game since its first big update. It is there, will stay there, it is in the game's DNA. And it is also something I consider engaging when farming new primes as a party.

About RJ: Yesterday I recovered a "do 8 rj missions". I launched the lvl1 earth squirmish. It took me 16:30 after starting the first mission to do everything, it could have saved maybe 1 or 2 minutes because I was drinking coke and had to wait few times one player to be tped back in the rj after completing the objective. The 3 players in my RJ had no clue about what was happening I was seeing tycho missiles flying here or there and a player recasted several times the ram and threw black holes in space. However they were happy.

Edited by Galuf

5 hours ago, Hookinsu said:

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but the grind! This was one of the shortest grinds i have ever done in this game, even though i had to replay the missions many times due to unfortunate drops.

And it looks like TC plays solo and complains that a team activity is too hard.