Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Rhino?

kwlingo

2 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

that fight is something else I have a high PS build on Oberon and I am destroyed during the fight by the adds if I stand still for a second.  the build has 111HP/sec and 600+ armor and it still gets melted you need a very tanky frame for the fight and even then I have seen chroma's (with renewal I might add) go down during it heck even my Valk has issues and she has 14k ehp.  I honestly don't mind rhinos nearly as much as I do other frames (saryn, mesa, ember...) but that is due to them interfering with my frames kit (Oberon needs to take damage to heal and cast abilities) 

I use my perma-blessing Trinity build for Profit Taker.

The 75% damage reduction + 100% refill every 18 seconds makes sure nobody comes close to dying, and ofc Trinity herself being unkillable

1 minute ago, Hokibukisa said:

I use my perma-blessing Trinity build for Profit Taker.

The 75% damage reduction + 100% refill every 18 seconds makes sure nobody comes close to dying, and ofc Trinity herself being unkillable

one of the best runs I had the trin was using well to keep us toped up between blessings (I was also ruining the aforementioned renewal build) because that is the damage we were taking honestly there is something off with that fight

tl;dr; best buff in the game. Able to AoE clear with weapons better than the others. Can't really die, can ignore most game mechanics w/o mods

Rhino has always been the best all rounder frame in the game(it is my least played one too ISSOU). I'm not saying he is absolutely necessary

The fact that he has an omni buff makes him and is team scale things that are poorly modded or weak at baseline, it is probably overall the best buff in the game, on top of that it makes ridiculous things like allowing half moded ignis wraith to melt the highest level of difficulties in the starchart wich is great clearspeed guaranteed anyday, anywhere.

Add to it the broken Iron skin skill that is decent enough early on by itself but can be minmaxed to insane values means that you will never been knocked down or die...

Before parkour rework Rhino was balanced by beeing slow and had a chased arcane helmet to alleviate that. It was a pretty big deal, locking you with coptering weapons. Nowadays you move with parkour speed, operator. Your rhino is as fast as the others.

Then he has 2 other skills. But seriously, even in Eidolon hunts, you can bring Rhino and it is not even that shocking / it makes sense...

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spirit_of_76 said:

that fight is something else I have a high PS build on Oberon and I am destroyed during the fight by the adds if I stand still for a second.  the build has 111HP/sec and 600+ armor and it still gets melted you need a very tanky frame for the fight and even then I have seen chroma's (with renewal I might add) go down during it heck even my Valk has issues and she has 14k ehp.  I honestly don't mind rhinos nearly as much as I do other frames (saryn, mesa, ember...) but that is due to them interfering with my frames kit (Oberon needs to take damage to heal and cast abilities) 

I deadass run Inaros for profit taker, unkillable. I focus on mobs and sheild pylons, can res team mates and be cc immune so long as I keep scarab armour up. The mobs can shred a team if they're not dealt with.

Being able to stand under pt  to point blank her joints when her shields are down is also useful.

Anyway, back to Rhino, you can get him well modded with cheap mods, can min max with umbral mods later, has a few useful augments to play with and has a good kit and is accessible. The big guy is fine as is and is probably even better seeing as chroma is harder to use now.

Edited by Butterfly85

4 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Too many times I see Rhino mains claiming Rhino is a great team synergy for missions like SS, Plague, Eidolons, Profit Taker, etc.

Is it once to have a small damage boost? Yes but most of the time you don't need a damage buff for the mission or there are other frames that do a better job.

Is he needed to boost the speed of the objective? No

There are so many other frames that will help out the entire team.

I believe Rhino's are damage hoarders and self protectors instead of groups synergy driven. They want to solo the mission but in a group setting.

What are your thoughts? Does he need a change?

I mean, i personally wouldnt call a teamwide 150% damage buff small, but oh well >_>

• Like 1

Il y a 6 heures, kwlingo a dit :

Too many times I see Rhino mains claiming Rhino is a great team synergy for missions like SS, Plague, Eidolons, Profit Taker, etc.

Is it once to have a small damage boost? Yes but most of the time you don't need a damage buff for the mission or there are other frames that do a better job.

Is he needed to boost the speed of the objective? No

There are so many other frames that will help out the entire team.

I believe Rhino's are damage hoarders and self protectors instead of groups synergy driven. They want to solo the mission but in a group setting.

If the Rhinos you are playing with are "damage hoarders", then yes, the team "synergy" is lacking, since he doesn`t really "interact" with others. 
Otherwise, the damage boost to your whole team, to everything is very nice and spread to the whole team, which might be one of the reasons he is somewhat looked down upon as a noob Frame. A good Rhino might not be one of the highest damage dealers in your team, because he buffs the whole team evenly, instead of just himself. So all the extra damage you do, is because of him, but that won`t be seen in the statistic at the end, which risks making it seem, like he didn`t do all that much.

Sure, if you want someone who actually kills things faster, there are other options, but do you have more fun with a Mesa or Saryn soloing all enemies, or do you want to have a buff and do it yourself? 
The buff also helps leveling weaker weapons and make them more enjoyable across the whole team, which means no one in the team has to rely on "meta" weapons to have fun playing, or risk having to shoot damagesponge enemies. 

Appart from that, he has a very balanced and allround kit and is a very easy choice for "normal" missions, when you don`t want to change Frame between everything, because he is usefull in basically everything except Spy. 

The CC Immunity is golden, in order to ignore laser doors and knockdowns, which are annoying, but also gives you complete self-stagger immunity for your explosive weapons, making them much more enjoyable (and easier) to use. 

Also, the argument, that there are other Frames, that do his job better.... I`m neither sure I agree, if you look at his whole allround-kit, nor is that a good argument, since depending on the mission and job you want a player to fulfill, there are not that many Frames in the "top-slots" and most of them could do most missions solo anyway (and Rhino can help most of them do even that, with his roar).
I would argue, that the view, that Rhinos want to solo missions, is completely wrong, since they shine much more in a group. You want to solo something and pick a "best for that mission"-Frame, then yes, there are "better" options. You want someone who doesn`t have to be revived, can CC a room, is CC immune, and boosts everyones damage, then he is quite good at what he does. Nowadays, maybe other Frames, like Revenant might do his overall kit better, but that is true for most Frames.
Since there are much more Frames than "roles" and he still does a good job (if properly modded and not played by a selfish player), I personally don`t think he needs a big rework. 

Edited by Happynuke
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, kwlingo said:

to his kit, no, all 4 powers are fine and do the job they're suppsoed to do. his passive needs replacing though, it's an absolute joke. please DE either rework heavy impact to be a low damage/non-lethal but wide knockdown/Stagger CC or remove it entirely, because it's even more obsolete than Super Jump and Bounce Pad were.

4 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I mean, i personally wouldnt call a teamwide 150% damage buff small, but oh well >_>

I know this. But when was the last time I was hoping for a Rhino damage buff to complete an objective to speed up any mission?

I cannot recall any mission for a damage buff.

1 minute ago, kwlingo said:

But I thought theor was a damage cap per hit. Or does frame abilities bypass this?

The high DR and small windows are the issue. You really want an assault riffle that can pack a punch and without obscene rivens buffers like rhino are the way to go.

14 hours ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Rhino definitely has his place in a team composition (buffer for ESO, carry for index), but probably not in any of the places that you listed. That being said, most of the missions you listed can be solo carried pretty easily with a good setup, so I wouldn't care if someone brought a rhino. The only exception is Eidolons, but a properly built Rhino can still be a good DPS, so even that is debatable.

You need to test out Wukong Celestial twin in Index. Its kind of boring but very quick and efficient, the twin does all the work.

SS- Limbo, Mesa, Volt for speed and Exodia contagious through shields for one hit kills

Plague - Nova, Loki, Titania, and Nuker, Rhino buff would actually hinder Speedva from speeding the Hemocyte coming out.

Profit Taker - Chroma

It's always nice to have a damage buff but other's will out shine his ability if we are talking about straight damage buff. Chroma can take the part of DPS and Mirage is even higher.  If you have them as your DPS, Rhino buff for the team isnt needed.

If they say he's great, they are right, if they say he's the best, they are wrong

If the team is all vets and pros then Rhino's help will no longer be required (except for maybe his stun) and the only way he can help the team is by not being a liability.

On the other side, if there are not-so-advanced players Rhino can help them by giving them some extra damage, and using CC to help keeping them alive.

so yeah, he's not the best, but he is great

Roar is the best damage buff in the game due to affecting abilities, and also weapon damage.

But further, it also double dips on DoT procs, such as heat/electricity/slash, in the same way that racism mods do. This makes Rhino by far the best buffer in the game for damage, assuming you are not fighting something resistant to status effects (in which case, Chroma and Volt are the best as team buffers).

• Like 3

Il y a 22 heures, kwlingo a dit :

Sure thing, a small buff.

Got 2.6x damage multiplier for the team for 38.25s duration and 27.5m radius on my main build.

A small damage boost, right.

What i would like to see as a change is only his first ability, by doubling or more his base range, augment the speed, allow the ability to be use vertically and use new visual FX and sound to make it more appealing (IMO the sound feels old, boring and annoying).

For me the rest is very fine, he is balanced like a good Swiss knife, no need for a change except charge.

Edited by Alpha56

Rhino is decent all-round, easy to obtain, easy to understand, and easy to use.

Press 2 to stay alive longer while you figure out how to do a mission (every time a new expansion comes out I see a lot more Rhino in it for the first week or so). Press 3 to give the team an okay damage boost. Press 4 for some breathing room. Easy. Parts drop from the 2nd or 3rd boss in the game, and you can get him built in your first week of playing. He's probably a lot of players' second Warframe (after their starter). He was mine.

• Like 1