The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

Personally I feel Cross-Save / Cross-Progression is the best wishlist item here, so you can pick up on a PS4 and carry on where you left off from your XB1 and so on. Cross-Play where someone on a PS4 plays a mission with someone on a PC probably isn't such a high demand item and that will have more obstacles. Those obstacles make sense when the development cycle for the devices is not in sync.

For me I'd love Cross-Save because I play on XB1 and progressed far, and have picked this up on my PS4 and Switch but didn't bother because I couldn't bring myself to start the grind all over again. However I'd love to join some friends on PS4 in Warframe and would love to pick up where I left off using my Switch on my travels if Cross-Save / Cross-Progression was a thing, but starting from scratch on those devices just doesn't appeal to me.

• 2 weeks later...

There isn't. I doubt there will ever be, at least in the described way. 

DE is, however, looking at the possibilities of introducing cross progression. But still I imagine it'd have some limitations to it, namely platinum earned. So if I had to say based on how little I know and can speculate on it you'd probably be able to take (and return with) your time and effort investment, but not your PS4 plat. 

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

There isn't. I doubt there will ever be, at least in the described way. 

DE is, however, looking at the possibilities of introducing cross progression. But still I imagine it'd have some limitations to it, namely platinum earned. So if I had to say based on how little I know and can speculate on it you'd probably be able to take (and return with) your time and effort investment, but not your PS4 plat. 

Given how cross-save works with some other titles, I'd imagine Platinum would be the sticking point.

As an example, cross-save on Destiny 2 carried over all characters and gear, but not the premium 'Silver' currency, which is unique to each platform.

Definitely something they should look at though (and much easier to implement/balance than actual cross-play 

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, (PS4)Soilborn2-7 said:

So it was mentioned a while back that cross-save was being looked into. Do we have any updates on that?

Last I heard was from a few months back it was brought up as a question in one of the community streams. It's still a long way off I'm afraid. We may get more news on it at Tennocon according to some rumors flying around.

Big hello to all Tennos out there! I wont extended myself, so I will address 3 points about this:

1. it is so frustrating to change platform to play with other friends and your progress and rivens are not there. Soo frustrating;
  2. Many other companies are doing this already, even smaller than DE. I know some people will say it is not that simple, they don't want to jeopardize PC development schedule, etc., but how are the other companies just doing it? I won't die if pc version got 1 month late to sync with console but kept the crossplay/progressing. I think it is a nice trade off, mainly because the possibilities to have a bigger coop players pool to play with or even just swap between platforms without losing your progress and stuff conquered;
  3. Me and a bunch of friends are prefering to migrate to others crossplay/progressing games, so there is no boundaries for us to play together. We just play! I was playing Fortnite, yeah, f*cking Fortnite with my friend and his 2 kids. Me and one kid in my Switch, the other one on xbox one and my friend in his iOS. This crazy! We just had so much fun. And I don't even like the game, but I was playing it just to be with them and have some fun. Dauntless as well. Even Ultimate Chicken Horse! Next semester we will get Apex and Rogue Company fully crossplay and progressing. So, the options are getting bigger and bigger.

I love Warframe. I LOVE to play Warframe. It is on my top 3 games of all time. None of those games above are so much fun as Warframe for me. That is why I'm requesting DE to give some love in this topic because it would be amazing to have this feature as other games does.

That is it. No hate post. I just want to play with all my friends no matter the platform using my rivens and progress.

Cheers to all Tennos out there. Keep it safe!

cross save is supposedly the next step for warframe

cross play has been discussed but it would only be after cross save if ever 

https://cogconnected.com/2020/05/cross-save-warframe/

https://www.pcgamesn.com/warframe/cross-save

example articles

but given this was prior to the pandemic and that most if not all of de's (limited) 200 staff is working from home makes it hard and slow to do large scale projects  

Its tricky. It's not just de that wpuld to work out alot of the technical issues. But the consoles would have to go through alot of effort. Plus then you have contracts and copy rights with tennogen artists.

Pc is always ahead in patches. So cross play can't ever happen. Cross progression is possible but would have limitations.

De has said cross proggression is something they want to do.

Can we start a petition to get them to get on it, I stopped playing because they didn't allow cross save. Its really stupid move considering this game wouldn't be what it is if it was not for the community. The amount of money that most of us have spent playing and time put in, should be rewarded with cross saving not starting over if we want to play on console now. 

1 hour ago, SmoothFrame said:

Can we start a petition to get them to get on it, I stopped playing because they didn't allow cross save. Its really stupid move considering this game wouldn't be what it is if it was not for the community. The amount of money that most of us have spent playing and time put in, should be rewarded with cross saving not starting over if we want to play on console now. 

Might be easier with newer consoles but the big issue is with how each console handles changes. If DE can create a universal, same day update system then it might be doable but PC would be out of the loop because of how updates work. The new test clustering may also speed up the solution.

Will DE ever allow you to transfer your PS4 account to PC?

I played for years on PS4, before I had a decent PC, and spent many days and money in Warframe. I do not want to start from scratch on PC, because of all the progression that I made on PS4 and it just puts me off of playing the game due to knowing that all my progression is locked on a console that I no longer use.

I am sure that I am not the only one that feels like this and many people will greatly appreciate it knowing that they will not be locked in playing this great game in just one way. My idea is to transfer everything of your account and inventory to PC, wipe the current PC and PS4 account, and notify the user that the PS4 exclusive items may not carry over, or allow the items to be carried over to PC. I am aware that PC gets the updates first, but I do not understand why it is a problem, because it is not like transferring from PC to PS4 where you can possibly transfer a warframe to a version of the game that does not have it yet.

I am sure that the Warframe community agrees with me and any effort to allow this in the near future will be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, (PS4)MuurPapier said:

Will DE ever allow you to transfer your PS4 account to PC?

I played for years on PS4, before I had a decent PC, and spent many days and money in Warframe. I do not want to start from scratch on PC, because of all the progression that I made on PS4 and it just puts me off of playing the game due to knowing that all my progression is locked on a console that I no longer use.

1 hour ago, McCIoud said:

It's not DE that doesn't want to make it happen, it's the console companies that don't want to let their players transfer to other platforms.

Because of the different ways that companies accept things, and the different ways money changes hands, it is very difficult for a company to change how they do things when transferring. For example, the bonus you get on console is a reduction in platinum cost for things, whereas on PC the bonus you get is the reduction of the cost FOR platinum. Trying to make the two compatible is something that will take a lot of jiggerypokery, and DE are not a big company. 

They have not said "never" for cross save, just they have other priorities at the moment. 

3 hours ago, McCIoud said:

It's not DE that doesn't want to make it happen, it's the console companies that don't want to let their players transfer to other platforms.

It's not that, logistically all the different platforms would have to be on the same version of the game, events like e.g. fissures, invasions would need to be synchronized so everyone has the same things running.

Archived