Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

So i know a lot of the reasons behind this, but i'm struck again today by the fact that if i was on xbox, i could be waist deep in gaming on warframe right now. I get its difficult, and that its not feasable' but as more and more games go cross save by the day, this would be a HUGE step forward for the warframe community. With loosing the communities on PlayStation, more then ever i wanna get onto xbox. Not only is that where all my buddies are playing, but they have an active community page i can post a comment, AND GET A REPLY! Like, i don't wanna have to go through 2 or more proxies just to find someone, and HOPE they might be online on PlayStation, then set that crap up every time, because if its not the same person, your adding a new person due to PlayStation new dumb idea of 'message parties!' so, i honestly think even a paid option to move a save at this point would be amazing. I love the content coming out in warframe, its making the game so much more fun, but gosh dang this need to be put on the list. Like in stone on the list.

P.S. no i'm not goign to stop playing :D i'm also not going to start playing on xbox, i tried....i have to much stuff on PS to do it ><

For years this has been a complicated topic to discuss in Warframe, and one many feel they have answers to regarding reasons DE could, or could not implement the cross-save/ cross-progression/ cross-play functions, without basing their thoughts on any real reason given by DE themselves. And yet Genshin Impact, a Gacha game, had launched with cross-play and has achieved cross-save within a year. 

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/12389

Notice on Cross-Save Function Between Account for PSN and miHoYo Account.
Greetings, dear Travelers. The cross-save function between account for PlayStation™Network and miHoYo Account is coming to you in Version 2.0. Here, we will answer your questions about the cross-save function from five aspects: account linking, top-ups, special rewards, Co-Op on PlayStation, and friends.

I would like to repeat. A Gacha is now implementing cross-save, enabling players from PlayStation to link their account to a miHoYo account and play on PC.

Gacha game has done this, and yet Warframe has not.

Just now, Corvid said:

And? What is it that makes a gacha game so special?

A reason often cited as to why DE may not have implemented cross-save is that Sony/ Microsoft would want to retain their audience because of the platinum sales, many often suggesting that Sony is the main reason for the lack of this function.

It's very important that a Gacha game has this, as Gacha games are incredibly lucrative if they become popular, and by chance Genshin is very popular, with an expanding active player base. And don't assume that this is an unfounded statement, we have player base statistics.

https://activeplayer.io/genshin-impact/

20 hours ago, Corvid said:

One of many.

Yes, hence why I said "A reason" specifically. I'm well aware that other factors will not magically disappear as a consequence of this information, but what I intend to highlight in my original point is that it may be a mistake to assume DE hasn't done cross-play yet because Sony is strongarming them, or something akin to this.

I've never heard of such a thing, but assuming it did once exist, there is pretty much 0% chance it'll ever be back. Especially with how DE usually handles updates, releasing them on PC first, then consoles after all issues are buffed out.

They did it for ps4 to ps5. They should be able to do it from xbox to PC. I refuse to start over on PC. I've got so much time, energy, and money invested on Xbox. I play on PC now, and would love to continue Warframe on PC, but not to start from the beginning. So I've just dropped the game completely.

Justo ahora, (XBOX)SrgntStache dijo:

They did it for ps4 to ps5. They should be able to do it from xbox to PC. I refuse to start over on PC. I've got so much time, energy, and money invested on Xbox. I play on PC now, and would love to continue Warframe on PC, but not to start from the beginning. So I've just dropped the game completely.

yup, im on the same boat as you, here's hoping Tennocon has some announcements for it

41 minutes ago, mjswrath said:

the best way to get all your stuff back is trade your old stuff with your new acc. 

Negative Ghost Rider. That actually goes against the terms of service. If you have more than two accounts they cannot interact with each other.

I love this game but from time to time it annoys me. I dislike the fact that you can’t take your ps4 account and transfer it to your Nintendo switch. All of my friends play on the switch yet I’m the only one on PS4 and as I have over 200 hours on this game on PS4 and like 3 on switch I have to start over from scratch just to be able to play on the same stage as my friends. The game isn’t even cross platform. However it is possible to allows PC players to migrate to switch with their progress. This game favors pc players. 

I have put 3200+ hours into my xbox warframe account plus at least 1000 dollars. And I have switched to PC. I was an avid warframe player, but now i dont play it anymore. I had planned to play warframe forever or at least as long as it exists. But if I cant migrate my xbox account to pc I'm quitting for good. Even if there was a way to do a one time Migration I'd be happy. After playing on a PC there is no way I'm going back to console. DE is losing lots of money by not allowing console players to migrate their accounts to PC. I know they say they cant do it. But I refuse to believe they couldn't implement something that would make this possible even if it's only a one time thing. I put way too much time and effort into my account. I dont wanna start over! 

Sincerely, 

Unhappy fan.

Le 14/07/2021 à 12:12, (XBOX)GenXer81 a dit :

I have put 3200+ hours into my xbox warframe account plus at least 1000 dollars. And I have switched to PC. I was an avid warframe player, but now i dont play it anymore. I had planned to play warframe forever or at least as long as it exists. But if I cant migrate my xbox account to pc I'm quitting for good. Even if there was a way to do a one time Migration I'd be happy. After playing on a PC there is no way I'm going back to console. DE is losing lots of money by not allowing console players to migrate their accounts to PC. I know they say they cant do it. But I refuse to believe they couldn't implement something that would make this possible even if it's only a one time thing. I put way too much time and effort into my account. I dont wanna start over! 

Sincerely, 

Unhappy fan.

I am exactly in the same situation. Got at least 3000+ hrs on Xbox and haven't touched Warframe for a few years now because i switched to PC. I'd very much like to continue playing, but im not going back on Xbox for that.

Try having thousands of hours on old outdated PS4 and moving to PC and not being able to get any of your progress. I no longer spend $150 each month on Warframe because I won't start over. Another dev gets my cash. DE has no idea how much money they're losing by keeping this sanctioned off. 

Archived