Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

3 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I'll give my thoughts if you can explain your reasoning without refering to Destiny 2.

The hardware limitations of consoles and mobile devices often mean that cross platform games are usually also limited to what the worst-performing platform can handle, performance, data, and optimization wise, since they all have to share the same game code in order to interact with each other

vor 1 Minute schrieb --F--NerevarCM:

Remember when people asked DE the entire year for crossplay/cross save?

Now that is coming you see complaints...

There's probably more than one person on this forum.

Gerade eben schrieb Kaiga:

The hardware limitations of consoles and mobile devices often mean that cross platform games are usually also limited to what the worst-performing platform can handle, performance, data, and optimization wise

You are aware that the new thing is crossplay and not the console version of the game, right?

Hope people enjoyed fast pc hotfixes while they lasted considering with crossplay they're likely to be going bye bye once they need to wait and patch all of the console simultaneously as well so everyone's always on the same build.

Gerade eben schrieb PlanckZero:

Hope people enjoyed fast pc hotfixes while they lasted considering with crossplay they're likely to be going bye bye once they need to wait and patch all of the console simultaneously as well so everyone's always on the same build.

Good. I don't want fast hotfixes, I want them to release things that already work, like a normal developer.

I know it might be a little too early to ask this i already logged into my Switch using my PC account and as some might know, you could use your regular PC account for Nintendo but cross save wasn't a thing back then, you would basically have 2 accounts, so any idea if the Nintendo switch port will be reset or updated for people like me to take advantage of the upcoming cross save feature

3 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

This feature has been announced literally minutes ago. Nobody knows how it will work. If you watched the announcements you have exactly the same information as everyone else.

oh, i joined the stream when they were talking about it so i thought maybe they mentioned it before awwww ty

33 minutes ago, Behyndert said:

So now that cross save is official, i really hope i can just transfer my platinum from console to pc, i highly doubt it but i still have 11k plat on console :/

Cross-play is official too. Can't you just trade it? Am I missing something there

23 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Good. I don't want fast hotfixes, I want them to release things that already work, like a normal developer.

The best laid plans of mice and men etc.

Even if DE put in the effort to release less buggy updates it still stands that when something does slip through we're going to be stuck with it for longer until they can get a fix through cert with all three consoles rather than getting it within hours

I look at this a amazing while it being such a kick in the face, I had given up on cross platform or account transferring happening just as of like 2 months ago and started building on pc while my ps4 account is much higher mr and far more developed. If they could make a way to merge your accounts that would be amazing. I had played on my ps4 from the time loki was a starter and there was endless void missions for farming primes. It still hurts me to look at how far i had gotten on there and just know i abandoned the account to play on a different platform to bring that account to pc while not also losing my last two months of heavy grinding would be the true chefs kiss and just make me happy as im sure it would many others.   

So DE revealed cross save today and that was really the only thing I was waiting on to get back into Warframe, as I'd decided I wanted to play on my PC rather than my PS4 but didn't want to have to grind a new account out; you know how it is. They'll probably answer this in a larger thread later, but for right now I've no way to actually log into the PC version of Warframe. I've already tried my PSN credentials and it wasn't that, so I'm assuming it's something else. I've already tried the @fakepsn address they give for the forum bio as well and that was a bust. I can't change my alias or password from the web browser either. 

So with all that said, here's the question: how exactly do we go about using our accounts on other systems if they originated on a console?

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Pro-Sharpshooter said:

So with all that said, here's the question: how exactly do we go about using our accounts on other systems if they originated on a console?

You can not. Currently all accounts are independent of each other. This will not change until the launch the crossplay/cross save.

34 minutes ago, RiotGuard_Boof said:

Cross-play is official too. Can't you just trade it? Am I missing something there

Cross-progression being a thing, does not mean everything follows between platforms... DE a long time ago talked about possible restrictions, and there's already other games that allow cross-progression between Sony and PC/Mobile, and not everything transfers over.

Plat is different between each platform, and Sony has been restrictive on what's allowed to be shared between platforms for other games [historically].

Archived