Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

17 hours ago, minininja77 said:

DE should just shut these forums down and set up a forwarding address to reddit as that seems to be the place that they call home.....

It’s not DE’s fault that Reddit is more civilised. The average user comes to the forum to whinge. Reddit is that one extra step that filters out a lot of the useless feedback. Adding a redirect would entirely defeat the purpose and then Reddit would be over saturated with the same inane rambling.

Be mad, or not. It’s better for DE.

12 hours ago, bxjd said:

the game need crosplay because i don't have Xbox and my friend play on Xbox and i play on PC

“The game needs X because I-“

kek

If cross-play and/or cross-progression will NEVER be a thing, why not just simply solve the issue by reopening account migration. I've played PC for years now and just have no interest in restarting in warframe as I started this game on PS4 in like 2014, have probably 2000-3000 hours and miss it a lot, It's as simple as just implementing a permanent account migration for players that started on one and moved to the other. I highly doubt anyone has an argument against this lol

You would be taking plat, skins and everything else to a new platform where you might not need to purchase anything. There would be no reason to welcome a player that has the potential of not needing to spend a dime. If you have to start from scratch you might be more willing to buy some plat to start out with to get weapon slots, frame slots, potatoes, skins, color pallets etc. It's just money. If account migration was a paid feature I'm sure that Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo would be more willing to let players come and go.

On 2020-08-26 at 6:43 AM, Tsukinoki said:

Actually not that easily.

I mean to do crossplay then the versions of the game would need to be exactly the same...which means they would need to slow down any PC updates till they can update on every console.  They do this for some big updates but not the smaller ones.
Want to know why?  Because if a bug appears on the PC version they can turn around and fix that within hours.  On consoles though?  They need to submit the patch to certification (which costs money) and this takes close to a week to certify the patch.  This means that for any bugs everyone would be left with them for a week or so while we wait for patches to get certified.
Such a great idea!!

And this could be utterly disastrous.  For example there have been bugs on PC in the past that crashed clients as their inbox opened to show a new event video, and since it auto-played upon logging into the game that means you can't avoid the crash!  Sure it didn't affect everyone but it affected a ton of people.
DE was able to get the bug fixed in hours on PC because they can just push out the fixes immediately.
Now imagine how the game would be if a bug like that hit live and they now need to wait for the fixes to be certified and released on all platforms before they can patch anyone in order to keep crossplay working?

Further DE has promised time and again that they wouldn't slow down PC patches just to ensure that the versions keep in lock-step with each other.

Yeah borderlands 3 just released a patch for cross play with Mac and PC and Xbox.

Since mIcrosoft is a bit better with the xbox live(less connection throttling) not too surprised.

So i expect to see DE might do something now

As for a slow down for the differing versions from this?  You really believe that?  Do you not know what a program is ort software is?  Have you not noticed people making emulators that take a disc from any console and run it on their PCs or run things on other devices?

And no you would not have to have the versions exactly the same.  

As Warframe had shown you and everyone, they simply activate flags to make it so people cant play certain content they have not unlocked or can use yet.

That is what they do for star trek online and dc heroes online, heck games like Doom and Descent never needed the exact same versions.  

In the original battlefield games 1942 and Vietnam as examples the programs would check the connected versions and then load files needed to run with each other.

Diablo 2 originally did that too, which was why the original way people hacked and cheated had to get changed, because the cheats and hacks would get erased when they connected to other players.

Sooo yeah,,, too many years of games makes me biased.   I Got spoiled by way too many of them.

2 hours ago, PsychicKitty said:

Yeah borderlands 3 just released a patch for cross play with Mac and PC and Xbox.

Since mIcrosoft is a bit better with the xbox live(less connection throttling) not too surprised.

So i expect to see DE might do something now

As for a slow down for the differing versions from this?  You really believe that?  Do you not know what a program is ort software is?  Have you not noticed people making emulators that take a disc from any console and run it on their PCs or run things on other devices?

And no you would not have to have the versions exactly the same.  

As Warframe had shown you and everyone, they simply activate flags to make it so people cant play certain content they have not unlocked or can use yet.

That is what they do for star trek online and dc heroes online, heck games like Doom and Descent never needed the exact same versions.  

In the original battlefield games 1942 and Vietnam as examples the programs would check the connected versions and then load files needed to run with each other.

Diablo 2 originally did that too, which was why the original way people hacked and cheated had to get changed, because the cheats and hacks would get erased when they connected to other players.

Sooo yeah,,, too many years of games makes me biased.   I Got spoiled by way too many of them.

Good necro but I gotta point something out.

The way BF1942, D2 etc worked doesnt matter since it wasnt cross platform play, just different versions on PC. Mostly cos it was a time long before patches were applied through launchers etc. Games still download assets etc. while in-game. Killing Floor 2 for instance has custom maps etc. That doesnt mean cross play is that simple. If people want that the versions need to be exactly the same. Cross save or cross progression however can work on games of different versions since it is simply about unlocks that are flagged or unflagged for the different platforms you play on.

In the end none of it is up to DE. It rests with M$, $ony and N.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

In the end none of it is up to DE. It rests with M$, $ony and N.

One of those companies has a record for being hard to work with (greedy), so that's one reason we'll never see crossplay.

There's also problems with different trade economies and platform exclusive items (like Excalibur Prime), but those are secondary to Sony just simply holding it hostage.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Didn’t some info come to light recently that Sony are real greedy A******s when it comes to cross play?

It did. During the Epic VS Apple ongoing debacle. 

So we know if Warframe gets Xplay with PSN, it means DE is paying a big monthly fee for it.

9 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

companies arent people regardless of how much capitalism tries to make them appear

And yet Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo are the ones DE has contracts with that prevent them from doing account migrations at will.  Their personhood is irrelevant.

15 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

It’s not DE’s fault that Reddit is more civilised. The average user comes to the forum to whinge. Reddit is that one extra step that filters out a lot of the useless feedback. Adding a redirect would entirely defeat the purpose and then Reddit would be over saturated with the same inane rambling.

Be mad, or not. It’s better for DE.

It is 10000% DE's fault this is THEIR forum and THEY decide how to run it, this place is a result of their lack of caring about how things spiral out of control

2 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Didn’t some info come to light recently that Sony are real greedy A******s when it comes to cross play?

Yeah currently I think it is Sony. It is all a mess, whoever tends to be ontop tries to screw the others. I remember back when ESO had its "re-release" and turned B2P instead of sub based it was all Microsoft being the plug in the butt for cross play in that game. It all switches overtime and it is in the end just so very sad that they care jack and squat for their customers.

Sony is getting more and more pathetic though with their exclusiveness even in cross-platform releases, screwing players and games over.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Sony is getting more and more pathetic though with their exclusiveness even in cross-platform releases, screwing players and games over

People will be saying the same thing about MS in 3-5 years when Elder Scrolls 6 drops as a Xbox exclusive 

3 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

People will be saying the same thing about MS in 3-5 years when Elder Scrolls 6 drops as a Xbox exclusive 

I'm all OK with full console exlusive games. I'm not ok with parts of the games being exclusive when all platforms pay the same price, like Spidey being an exclusive hero in the PSN version of Marvel's Avengers. Such things are just in bad taste.

On 2021-06-26 at 6:45 PM, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Judging from past actions and recent events it's highly likely that Sony is the one holding it back

Sony actually has a lot of games with crossplay.

it's quite an old the joke that Sony will not take crossplay with any game..

Obviously if a game does extremely well they will, for obvious reasons, be reluctant to put it ages after said game comes out, it's literally all just business, Microsoft and Nintendo do that too.

At this stage into the game the only ones that want crossplay for warframe are xbox players and switch players for the simple fact that there is a scarsity of an actual playerbase. 

i looked it up a few months ago: PC has 50 milions players, Playstation 19 milions, Xbox 8 milions and Switch 1 milion. 

it's quite obvious why xbox and switch want crossplay...they basically lack to have a big playerbase.

in my honest opinion crossplay is possible but it has to be just for matchmaking.

No trade, no anything else that isn't playing with other people from other platforms...but who's going to tell PC players that they will have to wait extra time just because of the fact that every console needs to certificate every single patch? let alone actually full fledge updates. 

Mhh, some people are quite often repeating themselves in here. 🙃

And regarding to the Sony topic:
It's surely not just Sonys fault that there's no cross-save/progress, but demanding a cross-play fee isn't making things easier.
https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/3/22417560/sony-ps4-cross-play-confidential-documents-epic-games-agreements
(Don't know how it's for cross-save, but I expect there are some rules/regulations done by Sony.)

17 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Mhh, some people are quite often repeating themselves in here. 🙃

And regarding to the Sony topic:
It's surely not just Sonys fault that there's no cross-save/progress, but demanding a cross-play fee isn't making things easier.
https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/3/22417560/sony-ps4-cross-play-confidential-documents-epic-games-agreements
(Don't know how it's for cross-save, but I expect there are some rules/regulations done by Sony.)

Jun 27 NovusNova changed the title to Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

mod merged a lot of threads so you'll likelly see similar replies or questions from same users, probably yourself included, may I add that this is the first time I fully support chaotic thread merges because this doesn't need order at all

On 2021-06-26 at 2:47 AM, Zhoyzu said:

companies arent people regardless of how much capitalism tries to make them appear

Corporations ARE, in fact, legally considered "Persons" (not "People".  Different things in legalese) in the US and a few other countries, just fyi.. :) 

I don't agree with it 100%, but opinion =/= fact, so.. here we are lol

Anyways, to the OP, much as I'd love cross-play, given that the HARDWARE limits range from the Nintendo Switch to Gaming PCs, I think it's gonna be a bit before we see it, IF we see it at all.  You'd either see the game being HELD BACK on what it COULD be because it has to work on older or less-able tech (like Switch), or you won't be able to run accounts of various platforms concurrently on different versions (which may have different builds, different "rules" for how things work, etc... thus incompatible).

There's also the gate-keeping of Sony (and others) that would force DE into paying huge fees, putting a heavy strain on their F2P model... or those costs would be passed to the consumer, making Warframe no longer truly F2P, which the Devs don't want... nor do I...   So, again, here we are.

Archived