Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locked out of content - "AGAIN?"

Prostreet150

There are free to play games and subscription based and others. 

If you don't want wait times, then you're probably gonna get a 15 dollar a month fee that also locks you out of certain content daily and weekly more often.

How would you like to pay to unlock each planet lol. Only run 1 node a day? 

If you lack in some areas then you're gonna pay in others to make up for it.

I understand how MR lock is painful for people who have a lot of experience and just don’t feel like wasting time on items. 

The thing is though not an argument why it’s ok. Warframe does have this system. So having MR then using some other thing to gate content is kinda silly too. I’m all for a skill test for liches sure, because of the level of frustration they can cause. I’ve always recommended a fight vs a level 100 kela de thaym solo. This is most likely one of the harder things for a lot of players to do.

For content like this I get it. You unlock weapons to get more access to weapons. This gives you access to power so it’s on the same line. It may not be fair but it is consistent at lest.

Just now, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

True, you use experience to pass the MR tests.

Nah most people use YouTube. And that's fine. 

Personally I agree that MR has nothing to do with experience and that's a major factor in why I didn't bother to rank up past 16 for a long time. But I kept on trying out new things, and earning mastery points for it, and that's fine. Apparently others seem to have thought that they didn't need to do that because they were already so godlike that they didn't need to interact with anything else in the game, and would remain king of the hill forever. 

Heck even the guy who showed his MR 0 account has enough mastery to hit 25, because he kept playing and growing as a player. 

The majority of the people whining about how experienced they are despite not interacting with the vast majority of the stuff in the game, should be pretty ashamed of themselves. 

12 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

That's always been a dishonest argument anyway. Yes, MR doesn't technically equal experience. MR and experience are still heavily correlated, and that's blindingly obvious to everyone because both come from spending time playing.

Viver, Draco, Gian disprove that you have to play to level things. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb zanzibar9:

And i do too have Forma'ed my weapons and warframes, what's your point? Do you think i never forma'ed my gears? Just FYI, i have forma'ed a standard loki 4x, vectis 3x, standard chroma 6x, arca plasmor 4x, venka prime 4x, nikana prime 3x, etc.

I don't quite know how to put this in a manner that won't have me screamed at for being arrogant by a few people, but the way you count out gear you forma'ed as if formaing stuff is a big deal is one thing that to me marks you (and the other guy that did the same thing a few pages ago) as a player that's somewhere in the middle of the game's progression and not at the end where Helminth is intended to be.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb zanzibar9:

And i do too have Forma'ed my weapons and warframes, what's your point? Do you think i never forma'ed my gears? Just FYI, i have forma'ed a standard loki 4x, vectis 3x, standard chroma 6x, arca plasmor 4x, venka prime 4x, nikana prime 3x, etc.

I don't quite know how to put this in a manner that won't have me screamed at for being arrogant by a few people, but the way you count out gear you forma'ed as if formaing stuff is a big deal is one thing that to me marks you (and the other guy that did the same thing a few pages ago) as a player that's somewhere in the middle of the game's progression and not at the end where Helminth is intended to be.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Im all for Mr time gates if the content is difficult but for something like switching abilities is silly and it just gets elitist at some point prioritizing vets over new players. Both should not be prioritized and treated equally.

DE is redoing the new player experience, aren't they?

6 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

I believe so but that doesn’t have anything  do to with mr lock on changing abilities tho.

So how is DE prioritizing veterans over new players by implementing a system that is designed for veteran players, while they are also working on new "content" that is designed for new players?

14 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Im all for Mr time gates if the content is difficult but for something like switching abilities is silly and it just gets elitist at some point prioritizing vets over new players. Both should not be prioritized and treated equally.

Casuals and new players are usually always preference first. 

They bring in new revenue. 

I stopped spending money on the game once I learned to trade and got all I needed. 

We just now got Steel Path.....and that environment was flooded by players that weren't ready and even had the audacity to ask for nerfs, not realizing they have the entire starchart and the rest of the game already.

Just now, (NSW)JJA209 said:

How is switching abilities veteran content?

The means to switch them is for veterans. Can you not see this? 

What new player has that many resources and extra frames or the ability acquire them without whining that they have to farm....veterans shouldn't have an issue with this. 

I farmed 2 frames this morning and have them cooking.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

The means to switch them is for veterans. Can you not see this? 

What new player has that many resources and extra frames or the ability acquire them without whining that they have to farm....veterans shouldn't have an issue with this. 

I farmed 2 frames this morning and have them cooking.

What if the new player has multiple frames and the resources to change abilities?

2 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

How is switching abilities veteran content?

They have the resources stockpiled to feed the Hentai wall, including the Warframes needed for the process.  The implication of moving it to MR15 means that a player is able to make an educated decision on which Warframe abilities to apply.  A new player will either shrug, mutter "yolo" and drop Saryn's Molt on a Volt or follow whatever popular YouTuber suggests, where a veteran has a better grasp of the games mechanics, a developed playstyle, etc. 

Yes, DE is in control of how many resources needed, even making it require none, however DE has decided this isn't meant for new players, they want this as an incentive to keep playing, rank up, spend money, and so on.  As a mechanic, it makes more sense to put it further into the game.

34 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Lich gate shown how if an advanced feature is given to every new and experienced player can be really bad. Calling an advanced feature elitist is very political, and insults those who put in effort and their time to pass the MR tests. Equal effort should be rewarded equally correct, should someone who put less effort and less work get rewarded the same as someone who did?

vor einer Stunde schrieb zanzibar9:

Oh but i did!!!

Did you missed when i said that i bought 1k+ plats just to reward DE for coming up with new exciting system?

Did you also missed that i said i was disappointed few days later when i found out that it was locked behind MR 15? Well then too bad boo hoo me, a paying customer complaining and whining.

i was also planning to buy nezha prime access when it's going out on the year end, since i have more than spare money to throw around, but to bad, you think that my whining isn't justified because you missed the whole that i specifically said on my original post that i'm a paying customer.

I did not miss it. You seem to think that paying prime access should give you whatever benefits you desire at the moment.

While you can‘t buy mastery rank directly, you can at least reduce the grind tremendously by buying frames, weapons and affinity booster.

You see, it‘s all there. You have to spend your money on these things rather than on prime access if you value your time so high.

On 2020-08-15 at 9:43 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The original point was that you need to hit MR 16 to have access to all rivens. That's an indisputable fact. So yes rivens are an incentive to get to at least MR 16. 

I'm going to go ahead pretend that you wrote September 2016, not 2018. Doesn't matter when someone started the game. Also I don't recall saying that I am an experienced player in what you replied to, but at nearly 2k hours in missions and 1.6 million mastery points, I probably am one. 

Sure, it was start at that and where it is few months later? Is it an incentive then after it? No, i don't think you can say riven is incentive when clearly there are many at low ranks.

here is taken from warframe wiki what those incentive are:

• [MR8]:
    • Unlocks all faction Syndicate Melee weapons
    • Unlocks access to all Relays.
    • Minimium rank required to use and trade Riven Mods.
  • [MR10]:
    • Unlocks ability to auto-slot Ayatan Stars into Ayatan Sculptures.
    • Unlocks ability to purchase more Mod Config and Appearance Config slots (max 3 more slots per item).
  • [MR12]: Unlocks all faction Syndicate Primary weapons.
  • [MR14]: Unlocks all Market, Syndicate and clan Research weapons.
  • [MR15]: Unlocks all game content to date, with the exception of some Riven Mods.
  • [MR16]: Unlocks the final rank requirement for Riven Mods.

see that 12-15 incentives that you proud about? Didn't i said that it only give you small pool of "end game" weapons, while the rest are mastery fodder? So, where the incentives before the helminth because i clearly didn't see one?

"I'm going to go ahead pretend that you wrote September 2016, not 2018."

Are you sure? because your ACCOUNT CLEARLY stated that you joined in february 2018 and not 2016.

"Doesn't matter when someone started the game."

Then it clearly doesn't matter to you that those few paying veterans who save DE with their HARD EARNED CASH when it was starting the whole warframe game, back when this game was still a bad game, back when DE still not sure if they are going to make it or not. Sure is they doesn't matter, ask any DE employee if those veteran opinions doesn't matter.

If this is the way you treat a loyal paying customer then as a business owner, if you are one of my employee, i will fire you right then and there, give you your severance payment and kick you out my office. Who cares about loyal paying customer right?

This is nonsense and not really worth replying to but I will anyway: if someone played in 2013 and left the game for 7 years, that does make them more experienced, in fact using only what they knew 7 years previous would be a terrible idea, because the game has evolved and they've been left behind. 

Who said that those veterans left for 7 years and absent for 7 years and now comeback claiming they are an experience player, you are making absolute 0 sense. Where in my posts i wrote those words? Probably you are failing at your reading comprehension again.

Here lemme break down to you for easy reading, because clearly your reading comprehension is suck, because you can understand jack S#&$. One have to wonder how are you doing at school?

If someone left for 7 years and comeback, that player probably have very low MR, because guess what??? the game was also new back then which mean it also have little content!

Fine by me, I'm good to go as far as points go, I'd need to take almost a week's worth of tests, but no skin off my back. Again whatabout-ism isn't really relevant to the situation at hand. The fact of the matter is that a quarter of the items in game is a pretty paltry amount to be whining about. And most of the folks who've not done that should be seriously questioning why they thought themselves "experienced" in the first place. 

items =/= experience player in game. at the very least not equal to all in game content, because guess what?? there are other things beside items, there are killing bosses, say 3dolons which you only need to have 1-5 warframes and 1-5 weapons to effectively hunt it down. Hell, you can solo eidolons hunt back then with a chroma. There is those of star chart that you can completely solo with few warframes, there are those SP that again, you only need "tanky" warframes which sometimes you could solo with good melee weapons. Hell, what consider end game today? probably you only need few handful warframes and weapons to done it efficiently.

Didn't you get tired that i proved that you don't need, to interacted as you say it, with quarter of the items to experience in game content?

8 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

What if the new player has multiple frames and the resources to change abilities?

Then they'll have no problem using this time before the update to reach MR 15 and be ready for the update.

Or....they could also just realize there's no rush at all since the Helminth isn't going anywhere and participate when they're ready. 

And I'm pretty sure there's gonna be wait times anyway because we'll probably have to reach a certain standing, which may require fishing and mining and running bounties in the new area initially.

1 hour ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Anyhow. Like you said. Agree to disagree and all that. I don't mean to fight over this. I have my point of view as you have yours and that's perfectly fine. May you get to enjoy Helminth Crysalis within a reasonable amount of time.

It was nice when we can have disagreement while stay civil and part ways in a good terms.

Thanks for your opinions, have a good day. I hope you enjoy your weekend, and stay safe. :)

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

Who said that it is a big deal? the poster i originally replied to bring the forma argument, while demeaning me as if i never forma my frames or weapon myself. Here is his exact quote:

"Finding low MR requirement rivens, doesn't make high MR requirement rivens cease to exist either.

By the way, many of us do this thing called "adding forma" where we rank up the same weapon from zero repeatedly, and having a higher capacity at rank zero makes that far less annoying."

He bring those to counter why i want requirement lower by 1 MR or 2. Which is why i brought those up. He also indirectly proving my point that you can forma your weapon all the way if you feel like the weapon/frames is your thing while ignoring the rest and access any in game content that warframe have to offer. On side note, it is also baffled me why he bring the forma up.

You can judge his quote and why i bring those things up, if you want to judge it fairly and clearly from both of our side.

3 hours ago, Nezha_Rose said:

Question is: will be even worth to get an alt account for the "content".

I'm not from DE, so I can easily be wrong.  But as far as I know the main thing that gets you banned is if your accounts ever trade with each other.  Don't do it, not even via a third party.  (IE, if you get a good mod on one account, don't even trade it to a friend and then back to your other account.)  I know that some of the video makers have created alt accounts as a challenge or to create up to date tutorials, and I don't think they've been banned over it.  And I don't think you can get more public than "Here I am playing my second account in a video that anyone can see, including the devs."

Aside from that, I have no idea if it would be "worth it."  Starting over with a new account isn't worth the effort *for me,* but I can't speak for anyone else.  I already tried it, sort of, when they allowed Account Copy / Migration for the Switch.  I linked accounts and allowed my current progress to be copied over without really considering that DE had said "Rivens and some mods won't be copied."  When I realized *how many* mods and how much I'd have to try to get again from scratch, I just stopped playing on the Switch.  (The fact that it turns out I hate playing with a console controller didn't help.)

21 minutes ago, zanzibar9 said:

Sure is they doesn't matter, ask any DE employee if those veteran opinions doesn't matter.

Speaking *as* one of those veterans, I'm pretty sure our opinions DON'T particularly matter.  We provided a little kick of financial support when they needed it.  That doesn't make us Shareholders, and I'm pretty sure many Founders aren't game designers either.  If DE changes direction on a decision it's because they saw changes in player metrics that said it wasn't working the way they wanted, or the *entire* playerbase was able to present perspective or evidence that convinced them that their idea wasn't going to work the way they imagined.  (The only examples that spring to mind are "Stalker Mode" and "Echos of Umbra."  And the only change DE seems to have made to either system as a result of player feedback was to quietly drop them and never mention them again.)

Archived