Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locked out of content - "AGAIN?"

Prostreet150

7 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Perhaps this is the end game content that DE put in place so maybe they want experienced players for the end game content.

Oh FFS. That's a completely ridiculous, meaningless term. It's overused by everyone who keeps demanding it, without any idea of what it even means. 

Go start a thread about what "endgame content" means and see if you can get people to agree on it. They can't. They just scream "endgame, endgame, we want endgame" and then describe things that already exist or were tried and failed miserably. 

Stop trying to shoehorn things into a meaningless phrase. 

1 hour ago, zanzibar9 said:

You guys dont get why OP up in arms do you?

We do get it, we just don't agree that it's an issue.  And since the Helminth destroys the Warframe I think that a lot more people *would* be upset if it required a Rank 30 victim.  Even if you're just leeching in a Hydron farm, that's a huge amount of extra effort to pile onto something that you're going to be *forced* to destroy.

Since the Helminth *does* require Warframes to eat though, if you're short on Mastery it might be an idea to focus on starting with the ones you haven't "mastered" yet.  Especially if you don't plan to keep them but want one of their powers.  Build it, level it, stick it on a shelf and build the next one.  Warframe slots aren't super expensive.  There's also options for increasing Mastery that don't require slots right away - finish clearing the star chart if you haven't already.  Then again in Steel Path.  You can also focus on getting any remaining Kuva weapons you don't have yet, since if you completely max them out they're worth more Mastery points than normal (at a cost of requiring additional Forma.)

Or don't do that.  I don't like fighting Exploiter Orb, I think the fight is tedious and quite badly designed.  She's immune to basically all Warframe powers, so it's completely irrelevant which one you use.  You might as well focus on survivability or damage, which means that Inaros or Chroma are really the only "good" choices.  With a possible nod to any that can somehow control the little spooge spiders in Phase 2, which means that Gara can also join the list.  Does DE care that I don't like it and never play it?  No, they do not.  Neither does anyone else.  I can play it as it, or I can shut up and not play it.  Those are my choices.

honestly

same

7 years(with breaks) I was already really #*!%ing upset when I had to grind fortuna to max just to use archguns on land, I don't even care for the spiders. They gonna do this with the helmith too and you can be sure with the free time I have and with the potato machine I have I'll never gonna unluck it before WF dies or I completly lose interest in the game. 

MR lock is thing already(wich already doesn't works with kuva weapons btw), they could lock thing behind "hours played" or something bot no everything is locked behind either time gates or mindless rep grind, that's just the DE way.

The sole reason Im MR21 now is so I can sell Syndicate Stuff Everyday, maxed any neutral syndicate very fast, and yeah probably thats all. I dont really 'try' the weapons, its just for collection or fooder. In the end how many plat u can make is slightly affected by MR. 

What i'm saying is, that they shouldn't put a system that going to change how warframes going to be behind high MR requirement when there are plenty other ways to do it, if they want to make this content for an experience players. Why not they lower the MR requirement a notch or two while they can only sacrifice a frame that reach rank 30, and/or make it more resource hungry. That way, the new players couldn't access it anyway. Why should they locked it behind high MR without a good reason while claiming that this system only for "experienced player"? Heck, i bet that no newer players can't use the system fully without they are being resource rich anyway, since DE already said that it have diminishing return of resource anyway.

Sorry but everything you just said was wrong. You can level a frame in minutes if you want to, or do it passively in just one or two runs by just walking in a circle collecting resources, while someone else does the killing. That's not a barrier to anyone. 

And doing so in either way, gives you mastery points to rank up. 

Having limited time to play is a thing, but really, at some point we have to step back and ask 'is me having limited time something that is their fault?' And the obvious answer is, no it's not. 

DE never gave us incentive to attain high MR, and before you said that there is MR lock with some weapons at 12-15, let me tell you, i have opticor before it was moved to high MR, i have venka prime before it was moved to MR 14, I Nikana Prime before it was moved to MR 12/13, I have Vectis Prime as well. I can hunt an eidolon solo with chroma with vectis prime a year or two backs even though i'm only MR 11. I can even still use my Venka Prime and exergise for my SP run.

Rivens, higher standing caps for your syndicates, higher void reactant cap, greater daily rewards, higher starting mod capacity on rank zero items... 

🤔

So uh... No incentive, you say? None at all? 

Ok, 16 is stupidly easy to achieve. Its an ideal baseline that you will need to reach to unlock everything in the game already.

15 is not that high a requirement. Do you people play games at all? Have you never encountered a progeession system where things were locked behind level gates? You people are lucky that the 50% point is all you need to progress through inorder to get everything.

If it wasnt DE and their constant pandering to new players we would have stuff that is MR locked up to the current MR cap. Somethings in this game deserve a requirement of 20 or 25.. kuva liches should be 20 at the lowest considering all those rewards are far better than anything you can build at the level you can actually farm them. Its unbalanced to the core experience as it is.

15 is not top low considering the effects of what you get out of it. But remember that this high of a requirement is still really damm casual compared to some of the progression requirements for similar game changing systems unlocked in other games.

Get off your butt, and just grind that MR. Its hilariously easy given the number of credit Avilable blueprints there are.. by the time you have every base warframe and its prime you will be past the 15 mark already.

1 hour ago, AltairFerenc said:

honestly

same

7 years(with breaks) I was already really #*!%ing upset when I had to grind fortuna to max just to use archguns on land, I don't even care for the spiders. They gonna do this with the helmith too and you can be sure with the free time I have and with the potato machine I have I'll never gonna unluck it before WF dies or I completly lose interest in the game. 

MR lock is thing already(wich already doesn't works with kuva weapons btw), they could lock thing behind "hours played" or something bot no everything is locked behind either time gates or mindless rep grind, that's just the DE way.

Alot of Warframe players would take a bullet in the leg for DE, that's why they support anything they do even if it is bad for the game.

The most recent examples are the new UI and the removal of channeling.

I used 99% of the times channeling with my melee weapons and they removed it, when i ranted about it the community told me "you don't like it, don't play the game".

Now with the new UI alot of people complain about it but the response from the white knights is this "i like the new UI, if you don't like it it is your problem and you should quit the game".

23 minutes ago, Skynat said:

5 years ago the MR did not matter and everyone was equal... Would love to go back to those days.😟

And now MR is relivant, the community been saying for years the MR is not worth the effort now DE has added something cool to MR progress. Some parts of the community are now complaining that there cool stuff behind MR. Remember motivation = reward/effort. Experienced players who for whatever reason stayed low MR now have motivation in order to get reward, if they have proper aptitude to pass the tests that is.

2 hours ago, AltairFerenc said:

honestly

same

We get mastery points from nodes and junctions as we progress through the star chart. Along the way we get the parts for weapons, warframes, companions, and archwings. We get standing from ranking those things up. 

If over the course of 7 years you have not made enough points to get to MR 15, I don't think that you can really blame the game for that. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Rivens, higher standing caps for your syndicates, higher void reactant cap, greater daily rewards, higher starting mod capacity on rank zero items... 

🤔

So uh... No incentive, you say? None at all? 

Honestly while i agree somewhat that getting to mr15 isnt that great of a deal even tho its a bit of a boring slug to rush to there when you are lower than 15,Thos are not really amazing incentives.

Rivens are heavy rng mods with op stats,the only reason to care about them is if you have alot of plat or want one for your type of the weps you like or to collect them,you still can get an mr 16 riven from sortie even if you are mr 12 but you can use it or buy one that is the same mr,rivens are alot of investment and not everyone cares for them becuase game is easy.

Syndicate standing caps are only good if you want to rush a syndicate for collecting their weapons and stuff or make the Open World standing grind go at least few days or weeks faster than usual so basically if you dont care about collecting weps,kitguns,zaws,zaws arcanes,profit taker or archguns(the only thing i care about with these is the zaws and kitguns),

Then you wont really care about daily standing cap.

Void reactant cap is meh becuase prime rng is meh regardless,so meh you are forced to Radshards or all rads in a group for the best chances of getting a rare asap.

Daily rewards other than boosters and milestones are meh.

Regardless of how much mod capacity you have while your stuff is rank 0 unless you are likemr 25+,It will just make it very slighty easier to level it up solo not by much.

So yeah these arent really amazing incentives to have unless you are an hardcore collector.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Honestly while i agree somewhat that getting to mr15 isnt that great of a deal even tho its a bit of a boring slug to rush to there when you are lower than 15,Thos are not really amazing incentives.

Rivens are heavy rng mods with op stats,the only reason to care about them is if you have alot of plat or want one for your type of the weps you like or to collect them,you still can get an mr 16 riven from sortie even if you are mr 12 but you can use it or buy one that is the same mr,rivens are alot of investment and not everyone cares for them becuase game is easy.

Syndicate standing caps are only good if you want to rush a syndicate for collecting their weapons and stuff or make the Open World standing grind go at least few days or weeks faster than usual so basically if you dont care about collecting weps,kitguns,zaws,zaws arcanes,profit taker or archguns(the only thing i care about with these is the zaws and kitguns),

Then you wont really care about daily standing cap.

Void reactant cap is meh becuase prime rng is meh regardless,so meh you are forced to Radshards or all rads in a group for the best chances of getting a rare asap.

Daily rewards other than boosters and milestones are meh.

Regardless of how much mod capacity you have while your stuff is rank 0 unless you are likemr 25+,It will just make it very slighty easier to level it up solo not by much.

So yeah these arent really amazing incentives to have unless you are an hardcore collector.

Ah yes, by imitating the fox calling the grapes sour, you can try to convince yourself that they're not worth the effort to get them. 

However the grapes exist, and are rewards for those who expend the effort to get it. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Ah yes, by imitating the fox calling the grapes sour, you can try to convince yourself that they're not worth the effort to get them. 

However the grapes exist, and are rewards for those who expend the effort to get it. 

Im on noones side,Just saying that these arent even amazing incentives.

20 hours ago, Takamori said:

Honestly I wouldn't put a MR requirement, but would setup a warning system saying LOOK SON, YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE THIS WARFRAME YOU ARE ABOUT TO SACRIFICE. THE RESULTS MIGHT NOT BE ON YOUR LIKING. BE CAREFUL OK?

Let everyone enjoy the customization playground.

And there will be one Tenno not reading it at all and just click to complain having no warning about it in the forum. Not wanting to be rude but there is a kind that would be called as "complete idiot" if not "illiterate"

20 hours ago, Takamori said:

Honestly I wouldn't put a MR requirement, but would setup a warning system saying LOOK SON, YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE THIS WARFRAME YOU ARE ABOUT TO SACRIFICE. THE RESULTS MIGHT NOT BE ON YOUR LIKING. BE CAREFUL OK?

Let everyone enjoy the customization playground.

Honestly this time i agree with de altho im not a fan of the mr system,well regardless there will be dumb players who does whatever and then they will have a frame with 2 or more useless abillities by accident with this mr lock hopefully there will be less.

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh FFS. That's a completely ridiculous, meaningless term. It's overused by everyone who keeps demanding it, without any idea of what it even means. 

Go start a thread about what "endgame content" means and see if you can get people to agree on it. They can't. They just scream "endgame, endgame, we want endgame" and then describe things that already exist or were tried and failed miserably. 

Stop trying to shoehorn things into a meaningless phrase. 

I was joking around just fyi

On 2020-08-13 at 6:56 PM, Methanoid said:

MR only affected weapons at the start and that was it, it wasnt until ppl got bored because we finished the starmap, got all the op gear at the time, then either quit or restarted again with a mr0 then also completed the starchart and got all the op gear that they decided to introduce timegating via mr, something that has only increased over time making the game less open and friendly.

Look, one thing you can see from people's reaction when they play warframe for the first time is almost always this : the game is overwhelming and there's so many to learn, because of what if not having everything available right from the start? Making it fully open doesn't make the game perfectly good, it may become overwhelmingly complicated and messy instead of friendly (look at any gaming website comments in warframe articles)

Having some sort of gating is okay, it gives some sense of progression and helminth system is a part where you use skills from different warframe so how can you understand about it without trying them yourself?

4 hours ago, zanzibar9 said:

You guys dont get why OP up in arms do you?

There are plenty of players who don't have times to play this game everyday. There are those who also have to works, there are those who also plays other games as well, there are those who want to get back in to the game but they heard about new exciting system only to can't play it since they aren't MR 15.

I'm one of those player, i'm one of the casual players, my account is 3-4 years old and i'm only MR 11. I played on and off throughout the years only on weekends, i played other games too and my time was better spent on playing warframe with my friends rather than bored myself with grinding to high MR before this.

DE never gave us incentive to attain high MR, and before you said that there is MR lock with some weapons at 12-15, let me tell you, i have opticor before it was moved to high MR, i have venka prime before it was moved to MR 14, I Nikana Prime before it was moved to MR 12/13, I have Vectis Prime as well. I can hunt an eidolon solo with chroma with vectis prime a year or two backs even though i'm only MR 11. I can even still use my Venka Prime and exergise for my SP run.

Now though, they suddenly gated the new exciting thing on High MR, just because? Even claiming that MR determined whether you are an experience player or not. Ask the same question to all veterans in this game, who have 5-8 years old account and tell me what most of their answer will be.

The thing that make us up in arms with this is, that the helminth system is going to change the whole meta of the game, not only just one weapons but the whole things with freely given roar and eclipse. Now, tell me if that isn't going to be the case? Tell me which one would you prefer in your PUG, an original saryn (primed/not) or a helminth saryn with roar that can nuke the whole rooms in high level content? If you still don't get it, just imagine if the whole melee 3.0 is gated behind MR 15 and what the reaction would be? and please put in mind, that the any helminth frames have no content access restriction which mean that anyone can use it on any given content, which in turn will the original version of frames (primed/not) behind, since they will be miles away better than the original one.

One more thing, just few days after tennocon i rewards DE with buying 1k plate as they came up with a new exciting system (i've done this before when they release plain of eidolons) only to found myself a week later by DE that i can't play the new exciting system because i don't have the S#&$ requirement that they put it behind.

What i'm saying is, that they shouldn't put a system that going to change how warframes going to be behind high MR requirement when there are plenty other ways to do it, if they want to make this content for an experience players. Why not they lower the MR requirement a notch or two while they can only sacrifice a frame that reach rank 30, and/or make it more resource hungry. That way, the new players couldn't access it anyway. Why should they locked it behind high MR without a good reason while claiming that this system only for "experienced player"? Heck, i bet that no newer players can't use the system fully without they are being resource rich anyway, since DE already said that it have diminishing return of resource anyway.

This is nonsense. I work 50 hour weeks, have a family, and mostly only play on the weekends and I’ve hit MR17 in about 7 months. You’re just not trying.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Im on noones side,Just saying that these arent even amazing incentives.

Who said that you were? The claim was that they don't exist at all. I pointed out that they exist. You responded claiming that because you don't particularly care for them they don't count for much. I responded indicating that just because you claim that their worth is minimal, doesn't diminish the fact that they exist and are rewards. 

1 hour ago, Prostreet150 said:

Alot of Warframe players would take a bullet in the leg for DE, that's why they support anything they do even if it is bad for the game.

The most recent examples are the new UI and the removal of channeling.

I used 99% of the times channeling with my melee weapons and they removed it, when i ranted about it the community told me "you don't like it, don't play the game".

Now with the new UI alot of people complain about it but the response from the white knights is this "i like the new UI, if you don't like it it is your problem and you should quit the game".

White knight: *Gets trolled for shooting down constructive threads*-'I used to be a white knight like you, but then i took a bullet in the knee.' *adds scars to the operator in appearence*-'Alexa, play Despacito!'

F.

On 2020-08-13 at 6:41 AM, Prostreet150 said:

I just play with the weapons / frames that i like, i am not a collectionist.

Also i am not a hamster to farm what ever they put in the game : ed485d35f138d43cd045de9c41a06220.gif

Well if you want this Helminth system you have to complete something, leveling every frame doesn’t make you completion savvy just makes you readily available for that the game has to offer.

While MR doesn't equal experience, this is pretty common for a progression system; put something awesome behind an arbitrary number and time spent.  MR isn't that difficult to obtain, it's simply...boring.  Time consuming.  But difficult?  Nah.  You can hit MR29 without all items in the game now.

I'm willing to bet that DE is leaning on their player data to pick MR locks.  If they picked MR15, then a lot of people probably aren't bothering to go past MR14 or something.  

Archived