Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.7

[DE]Megan

Huge, gigantic issue; as a client, sometimes your frame disappears while in the Necramech. What does this mean exactly? Well, it means you can no longer go back in to your frame, period. You are stuck as the Operator; when you go down, you go down as the Operator; you can still shoot using your amp primary and secondary fire. Being revived brings you back up as Operator; killing yourself, as in respawning, respawns you as, you guessed it; Operator. And even worse, because you're the operator, you can't even access your gear wheel so if your necramech dies, well; have fun playing only as the Operator for the rest of the mission. Also force respawning will disable ALL your passives, meaning you're back to normal health, armor, energy, energy regen, etc.

This system is already going to need a major overhaul with how many huge issues have persisted, regardless the many hotfixes.

As a QoL addition, I would like to suggest an option of holding the transference key to automatically transfer back in to your warframe, regardless of distance.

The quest Vox Solaris is bugged. There is a part in the quest when you have to “find the agents” 0/4. Your supposed to walk up to a dead agents body and press X. Upon walking up to the body the option to press X is not there. This bug is preventing me from completing the quest, thus not allowing me to craft Kit Guns, Moahs, K-Drives, or even going into the Orb Vallis. If I can’t go into the Orb Vallis then I can’t craft a number of certain weapons. Please fix this. Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Scintillant in the ‘Common’ tier of a Deimos Bounty now has correct rarity weights within that tier. Previously it was applying it’s ‘Rare’ tier drop chance within the ‘Common’ tier - it is now a ~18% drop chance.

This should help in farming Scintillant a lot!

2 minutes ago, greiff said:

Can you be more specific about the "marker" you mentioned in the post for conservation? Cause i cant see any different, let alone a new marker showing up anywhere? Is it on the map? Is it through the lens of the tranq rifle scope?

well...... it highlights ... ummm .... let us call it animal excrements

8 minutes ago, _MaJestiC_ said:

well...... it highlights ... ummm .... let us call it animal excrements

My bad... so it shows you the "waste" which is... already obvious?

I was hoping they would improve the UI when you look through the tranq, like for example give indication of directions, rather than a beep if anything is nearby , especially since animals in the Cambion drift do wonders in the wild...

Something not dissimilar to the new indicator for mining, where is the spot to mine etc...

Just now, greiff said:

My bad... so it shows you the "waste" which is... already obvious?

I was hoping they would improve the UI when you look through the tranq, and somehow give indication of directions, rather than a beep if anything is nearby....

Me too. I don't want to have to stare at the screen for seconds at a time on the same part of the map, hoping to see the animal when the "ping" noise comes.

Thanks for the updates DE, you've been absolutely killing it.

Noticed a very minor issue with the Arquebex. It's showing up as gaining experience on my other missions by pressing TAB or P, I don't see it when using "Last Mission Results". I've seen it in both Railjack and ESO. It doesn't retain that experience, which is more than fine, not like I was able to use it there. It just shouldn't be appearing at all.

Also, was unable to spawn Archwing no matter what I did in Deimos. Not sure what triggered this. The only standout things I've done lately is use the necramech and the /unstuck command. It may also have simply been terrible ping.

QoL improvements to conservation are appreciated, but this change is kind of... excrement?

You already can see the scat easily, especially the toxic ones. What we really need is a directional or distance indicator (even if it's something as simple as a hot-or-cold indicator) or more contrast on the flashing. Flashing orange on a glowing orange field of reds and browns doesn't exactly pop like it does out in the Valis.

For clarity, I'm not down on QoL improvements. On the contrary we need more of them for these kinds of systems. But we need ones that actually make sense? And provide improved functionality. 

Let's give DE the benefit of doubt here....and with that stated I'm done with the positive.

I completed the sorties today....and discovered 5 different ways to phase through the floor.  Of them, 3 were stopping forward movement, 1 was melee attack, and one seemed to be shooting a gun.  Glad I run a Zephyr, because it seems like the failure here is surface detection simply failing, but it's only scripted on one side of objects.  You can blast straight through the floor and smack into the ceiling before returning to the level.

SYNDICATE MEDALLIONS ON THE CORPUS SHIP ARE STILL SPAWNING OUTSIDE OF REACHABLE AREAS.  It's been more than enough time to fix these....but instead we needed to get a resource sink and a new open world that's about 45% finished for content because that's basically what you can copy and paste with minor visual tweaks.

Speaking of Deimos...let's quickly discuss the economy.  The Trumna is a BP and 3 parts.  It costs 5k, 2.5k, 2.5k, and 2.5k standing along with a decent amount of rare resources.  All of that is fine....until Seriglass.  a 12.5k gun has an additional 30k of standing tacked onto it.  Yeah....not exactly a transparent economy and hiding insane costs behind intermediary resources is a bad look DE.  This thing is 2 days of standing....and it's not cool.  We aren't stupid.

Speak further of stupidity....our name is

Spoiler

ayatan

.  Are you kidding me?  After running three hours of the endless strip mining, the absolute last name I want to see is that.  Those stupid things are the common reward, and block access to the new content that for some reason isn't dropping from their respective enemies.  Heck, after 2 hours I had about 8 necramech levels....and then went to Fortuna and got 2 of the last levels in 20 minutes.  That's a lot of grind for some lackluster content, and 129k standing for a name that produced more bile than 100 argon crystals....bad look.  On top of that turd Sunday, the cherry of a single fishing trophy being  added as the reward for fully ranking the syndicate.  The syndicate where I'll spend another several days grinding out standing for the other captura scenes that aren't an option.  WTF?

Every time I turn around in this update something else is utterly infuriating.  Old content gets broken.  Your launcher is suddenly identified as spyware by reputable anti-virus programs, forcing an entire re-download and clean install.  It just never seems to end.

So that everyone can understand, none of these weapons are worth their grind.  The Keratinos is a standard claw, with a rarely usable mechanic.  Zymos is stealing the head popping and inflation from Timesplitters, in a horde shooter.  All other weapons have the exact same mechanic of "lifesteal," which is basically a copy of the battacor.  Somebody really needs to replace three keys on every computer at DE; V, C, and ctrl.  

-Edit-

You know, the Battacor suddenly had 5 charges a few weeks back...as an undocumented change.  It was then recently stealthily nerfed back to 3.  Anyone else see anything suspicious?

-Edit End-

My only positive at this point is that the Helminth may offer some fun eventually.  It'll likely only be used for optimized builds for min-max junkies, but if the costs eventually decrease  maybe someday it'll be reasonable enough to experiment.  Right now, subsuming timers and resource padding waiting is just making it not fun.  Oh well, a couple more days to wait for Sentient resource consumption....and that's not even exciting anymore.  You can't go from 15% to 30%, so it's 3% to 15% only.  That just makes no sense other than as a late stage time gating fix, to a problem largely irrelevant by the time it's reached.

4 hours ago, Pegasy said:

Mr 30 test when?

Lyfq7oe.png

probably this month, they were talking about deimos kitguns and other mechs that were shown on tennocon but not shipped jet, they are also talking about using Loid as sentinel, so soon

4 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

There's something wrong with vaults, whenever we enter we get a black screen as if we fell through the map. Please fix.

Late for me to say this:

There is an out-of-bounds area placed inside the Isolation Vault to prevent people from bypassing through the door like clipping through it. This type of failsafe is applied to Derelict Vaults as well. Cilents after the hotfix on Tuesday have the removal of the boundaries very delayed.

Archived