Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx 2.0 We Didn't See Coming? Xaku is Speed Nyx

kwlingo

Who would have guessed?

Since most of the community wanted a Nyx rework for the longest time, I think we got a hidden rework on Nyx in the form of Xaku. Other than the story of obtaining Xaku, if you look at both the kits of Nyx and Xaku aka (Nyx 2.0) they are almost idential, excluding the added damage abilities.

So what happen? DE took all of Nyx abilities and placed them on Xaku's 3rd and 4th abilities.

• Buffed Mind Control - "Accused" : now controlling 3
  • Buffed Psychotic Bolts - "Gaze" : a stationary duration and range of 100% defense strip with unlimited enemies effected
  • Absorb - "The Vast Untime" : Nyx's Assumulate augment but not a 100% immunity to damage but 75% dodge chance and added speeds movements
  • Chaos is similar to how Xaku steal enemy weapon to attack themselves but added void damage CC ability.

The rest of her kit was what Nyx was lacking in any ability that could do damage, that is where we got Xaku's 1st and 2nd ability.

I love Nyx and she is one of my top used frames. When I was playing Xaku everything reminded me of playing Nyx but a lot quicker on the battle field. Lots of Xaku's abilities was similar to what I wanted for a Nyx rework, speed boost and same DPS but not a nuker.

Hope we get some more tweaks to Xaku that will make her more distinguishable from Nyx.

Thank you for reading.

Update:

Just imagine if DE would have just changed a few things with augments, we could have gotten Xaku from Nyx kit.

MindFreak2

Instead, Mind control targets 3 enemies with added Void damage, scaling with enemy level.

PacifyingBoltsNew

Instead, hold down enemy effected with a 10 m radius of effect for 10 seconds implying the % of defense reduction.

ChaosSphere

Instead, enemies affected weapons are imbued with Void damage, effected by enemy level. Thus creating the same effect as Xaku's 2nd ability.

AssimilateMod

If DE fixed Nyx to be at normal mobility but with augment equipped instead, Adds 50% movement speed while losing 25% chance to absorb and add 50% Void damage to weapons .

* To be honest, DE using the word Void Energy didn't really do anything. They could have replaced the word to Puncture Energy, or Blast Energy, the result would have been the same. *

Now I hope this helps you see these two frame would have been 100% the same if we got a Nyx rework. All DE needed to do was change the augments to give Nyx some energy DPS.

Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Well the issue with frames like Nyx have always been not dying, but I think she’s going to be in a good spot with Pillage and Adaptation now.

In that regard, her main usecase (psychic bolts) becomes a much more accessible option in fights.

Her defense strip is much easier to achieve than with Xaku, so I’m not sure Xaku is an upgrade just yet.

We’ll see after I finish re-forma’ing my pillage Nyx.

At the same time though, pillage itself also strips armor and shields, in addition to turning squishies into supertanks... so I’m not even sure it either frames serve a purpose anymore.

Warframe isn’t balanced ... :>

People die while playing Nyx? Really? I mean outside of boss fights Nyx's strength has always been not dying. Nyx needs no tankiness at all. She needs more usability because of how poor her synergy is with her kit. Her 4th ability is pointless in 99% of the games content. A 100% if you don't use the augment. Nyx is viable for every content type because of her 2 and 3. You can replace/remove her 1 and 4 and she'd still be viable for any high level content.

I'd like her to be more versatile.

9 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

People die while playing Nyx? Really? I mean outside of boss fights Nyx's strength has always been not dying. Nyx needs no tankiness at all. She needs more usability because of how poor her synergy is with her kit. Her 4th ability is pointless in 99% of the games content. A 100% if you don't use the augment. Nyx is viable for every content type because of her 2 and 3. You can replace/remove her 1 and 4 and she'd still be viable for any high level content.

I'd like her to be more versatile.

Her 4 is a good "oh crikey" ability to use if you get overwhelmed, but yea I agree I wouldn't care if it was replaced.

I'd say Xaku atm is a downgraded fusion of Nyx and Loki, not an upgrade to either.

1 is utter trash, just as Loki's and Nyx's.

2 is just a trashier version of radial disarm, not even remotely comparable to chaos. It can also not be used on demand since it is effectively on CD aslong as one single enemy has been disarmed.

3 is a very clunky skill in order to do what chaos and Nyx's 2 does but worse. By the time you've toggle through the skills and used them the enemies will be long gone, or if you happen to catch one for the debuff there will be no enemies within the zone afterwards.

4 is just... meh, not at all similar to assimilate which you can actually rely on for survivability. RNG invulnerability just isnt reliable.

Then if you add in Helminth Nyx is in a far better spot than Xaku.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Her 4 is a good "oh crikey" ability to use if you get overwhelmed, but yea I agree I wouldn't care if it was replaced.

I rarely use it because I will use transference if I get overwhelmed for some reason. Her 4th ability has such poor synergy with her other abilities it's just clunky to use. I mean I do dig it because the idea is very cool. It's just so meh in it's implementation.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

I rarely use it because I will use transference if I get overwhelmed for some reason. Her 4th ability has such poor synergy with her other abilities it's just clunky to use. I mean I do dig it because the idea is very cool. It's just so meh in it's implementation.

Yeah and I would have to retrain myself to not do this. When S#&$ hits the fan -> 5 -> z

And with magus repair and lockdown, is way better than Nyx 4 anyways

Honestly if they really wanted to fix Nyx, all they need to do is:
1: Either allow her 1st ability to ensnare multiple people in an AoE or allow it to imbue your weapons and ally weapons with rad damage/ Fire Rate/ something to enhance them

2: Make her 4th ability have full free movement and instead of being a sphere, have it act more akin to Mesa's Ballistic shield with an drain on taking damage and an explosion on recast/ running out of energy much how it currently does

She was designed to play as a Psionic fighter type class but her 1 and 4 are not good fits for the pace of the game

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

People die while playing Nyx? Really? I mean outside of boss fights Nyx's strength has always been not dying. 

Do you play with or without Assimilate?

Nyx used to have the "keep the team from getting shot" role in the team with her Chaos, but with all the power creep it doesn't work so well anymore. More and more enemies are unphased by it, more AoE attacks, stronger procs, etc. means Nyx relies more and more on Absorb/Assimilate to prevent taking damage

Nyx is my main frame and with helminth she became one of the best frames in the game IMO. Xaku is actually in a worse spot than nyx. Accused is bad because you have to aim it. Nyx has huge aoe and range on her abilities compared to Xaku. Same thing with psychic bolts it has a very fast cast time whereas it takes too long to set up Xaku debuffs.  Xaku ult good but takes too much energy and you can still die through it if you get very unlucky or are in a lot of enemies. Nyx assimilate only falls to getting your energy sapped.  

Xaku 2 is strong since it combines offense and defense but is still lacking in range and damage compared to similar frame abilities. Like compare Protea 2 and Xaku 2 and it is just sad. Nyx is actually in a much better spot than Xaku and I'm still testing what abilities to give her from helminth that will make her OP. I have marked for death on her now and it is very good since it gives nyx a strong aoe damage source she was always missing. 

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Do you play with or without Assimilate?

Nyx used to have the "keep the team from getting shot" role in the team with her Chaos, but with all the power creep it doesn't work so well anymore. More and more enemies are unphased by it, more AoE attacks, stronger procs, etc. means Nyx relies more and more on Absorb/Assimilate to prevent taking damage

I don't even have the mod and I'm fine without it. Thing is that chaos doesn't need to affect an enemy directly. Other enemies affected by it raise their threat level so even an enemy not affected by chaos will prioritize other enemies affected by chaos over Nyx or team mates.

I rather see her 4 reworked as an AoE damage dealing CC bubble or something. Or something that interacts with Chaos.

The only downside now to Nyx is that she's not good in 1 vs 1 when the enemy is immune to control effects. But as long as there's other enemies to manipulate you're ok.

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Nyx is not supposed to deal direct damage on her own as per Reb. Xaku has direct damage dealing abilities.

I'm not seeing the link.

With her 2 she doesn't need to deal damage. She can kill enemies doing 10% of the damage any other frame needs to do.

Archived