Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tesla Bank Marked for Nerf?

Traumtulpe

8 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

Like, the ability still decimates heavily armoured enemies even in Steel Path if you mark a beefy elite enemy and kill it with a finisher. That in itself makes it better than 90% of the nukes in the game, falling short of the obvious offenders who desperately need a nerf rather than be treated as baseline. But no, to this game's community...

It takes me longer to mark an enemy and cast an ability to allow me to use a finisher on them, than to just spam melee mate, and my melee wipes the enemies off the map in larger quantities, faster than casting m4d, finisher move, then removing the remaining 25% hp. 

So yes, in my situation the ability is nearly completely useless because I have way better options and pretty much every player with enough gear and mods can do the exact same thing as me. m4d+ash was just a fun thing I fiddled with for a little bit because his 4 is not fun to use at all.

EDIT: Just so I don't get a "do you even steel path" I solo'd 100% of my steel path nodes and rarely had problems with anything except certain corpus defence missions

On 2020-09-21 at 9:10 PM, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

whatever the point of htis topic was it got lost already.

Point was to demonstrate the hypocrisy and double standards that DE and the part of the community that defends their mistakes perpetrate.

As an added bonus, it's also managed to demonstrate how willing people are to nitpick, make arguments of no distinction and even outright lie when they feel they need to.

Hey stop trying to make my Vauban build bad.

... on topic of tesla bank ,

the damage is good as a passive bonus ,

electric isnt bad but its not great against all enemies it is one of the things that makes my single shot rifles punch above their weight effectively on most missions.

Although the concept of both abilities is similar, one is a build up ability that needs augments but doesnt go away in a single shot while having a limited damage type that doesnt one shot whole groups (usually),

and the other is one that needs proper targeting and goes away after a single shot and still doesnt one shot groups.

Tesla bank is superior as an ability due to all it brings. The current MFD is rather limited in many ways it really got nerfed for more than it should have.

5 hours ago, More-L said:

It takes me longer to mark an enemy and cast an ability to allow me to use a finisher on them, than to just spam melee mate, and my melee wipes the enemies off the map in larger quantities, faster than casting m4d, finisher move, then removing the remaining 25% hp. 

Waste all that time typing all this and you didn't even see that the problem is how overtuned melee become in rework 3.0? The rework trivialized primary and secondaries in higher level content.

46 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Hey stop trying to make my Vauban build bad.

... on topic of tesla bank ,

the damage is good as a passive bonus ,

electric isnt bad but its not great against all enemies it is one of the things that makes my single shot rifles punch above their weight effectively on most missions.

Although the concept of both abilities is similar, one is a build up ability that needs augments but doesnt go away in a single shot while having a limited damage type that doesnt one shot whole groups (usually),

and the other is one that needs proper targeting and goes away after a single shot and still doesnt one shot groups.

Tesla bank is superior as an ability due to all it brings. The current MFD is rather limited in many ways it really got nerfed for more than it should have.

"all it brings"

A lost mod slot. Unpredictable AI. Locked to a damage type that can't do jack against armour.

It's a decent enough ability with an augment, and I use it too. But it's nothing compared to the ability that does mass true damage that decimates a room of grineer. It's hilarious how you tried to demonstrate how much better Tesla Bank supposedly is

1) In a simulacrum

and

2) vs. squishy corpus crap

And when you finally took it out of the simulacrum against Grineer, you moved the goalpost and demonstrated how strong your generic stropha build is, completely forgetting you were talking about Tesla Bank.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

Waste all that time typing all this and you didn't even see that the problem is how overtuned melee become in rework 3.0? The rework trivialized primary and secondaries in higher level content.

"all it brings"

A lost mod slot. Unpredictable AI. Locked to a damage type that can't do jack against armour.

It's a decent enough ability with an augment, and I use it too. But it's nothing compared to the ability that does mass true damage that decimates a room of grineer. It's hilarious how you tried to demonstrate how much better Tesla Bank supposedly is

1) In a simulacrum

and

2) vs. squishy corpus crap

And when you finally took it out of the simulacrum against Grineer, you moved the goalpost and demonstrated how strong your generic stropha build is, completely forgetting you were talking about Tesla Bank.

I think you are getting mixed up by the similar avatars and quoting the wrong person. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

"all it brings"

Consistent CC since the electric status type rework , no additional duration or strength requirement (kinda) on build making the augment an acceptable addition, "seek and destroy electrify" auto mode, Never feels wasted if squadmates kill enemy , single handed action that can have 4X potential damage at times.

So yes , it does bring quite a lot.

I am assuming the rest of your comments were targeted to the OP and not me.

11 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

Oh so typing a response to someone is now just considered a waste of time?

I didn't even use combo melee builds for most of steel path, only once I got bored of doing the same missions again. Melee has been the strongest damage dealer since I started playing way before the relic system was implemented, especially when it went through walls before the melee rework.

2 hours ago, BRZZAFK said:

Melee and nuke both for killing.If a nuke ability cant outperform melee than it cant justify it's energy consumption therefore no one will use it.

You just described 99% of the stuff in the game atm except Mesa's Peacemakers.

Nearly all primaries, secondaries, and virtually all powers can not compare with a standard long ranged weapon with a spinning moveset.

2小时前 , (PS4)GingyGreen 说:

You just described 99% of the stuff in the game atm except Mesa's Peacemakers.

Nearly all primaries, secondaries, and virtually all powers can not compare with a standard long ranged weapon with a spinning moveset.

Yeah... That's why balance is an big issue in warframe.

On 2020-09-22 at 4:10 AM, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

whatever the point of htis topic was it got lost already.

The point, as I read it, is that people desperately want to find something good in the Helminth System. 

After M4D nerf and the usual 6 good abilities, youtubers and regular edgy kids needed to go through a lot of trash cans to find something that resembles a powerful interaction.

They found jack squat. But hey, you can infuse the Infested Autohack ability (with some placeholder name) so you don't waste your infinite supply of cyphers. 

On 2020-09-24 at 6:53 AM, KlaussKlauss said:

The point, as I read it, is that people desperately want to find something good in the Helminth System. 

After M4D nerf and the usual 6 good abilities, youtubers and regular edgy kids needed to go through a lot of trash cans to find something that resembles a powerful interaction.

They found jack squat. But hey, you can infuse the Infested Autohack ability (with some placeholder name) so you don't waste your infinite supply of cyphers. 

There's plenty good in the helminth system I had my doubts at first before seeing how it is in game but the abilities he has and the frame abilities available offer a lot of diversity. maybe not powercreep as everyone was expecting but a lot of fun.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

There's plenty good in the helminth system I had my doubts at first before seeing how it is in game but the abilities he has and the frame abilities available offer a lot of diversity. maybe not powercreep as everyone was expecting but a lot of fun.

There is a lot of diversity in replacing useless abilities with next to useless abilities, yes. Many frames have abilities so useless that you can put any Helminth ability and it will be at least as good (you never use either after infusion). 

What I am saying is that I will not experiment hours upon hours with new builds to get marginal value. There are of course some generally useful abilities, they have been nerfed, but still are the most useful. The usefulness is 100% on the back of useless abilities on many frames. Players expected power-creep because what we generally wanted was re-works, not band-aids like Helminth. If we get band-aid we at least expected something powerful to compensate the fact that there exist frames that you have no reason to play, they are boring and not particularly good for anything.  

1 hour ago, KlaussKlauss said:

There is a lot of diversity in replacing useless abilities with next to useless abilities, yes. Many frames have abilities so useless that you can put any Helminth ability and it will be at least as good (you never use either after infusion). 

This is why you people can't be taken seriously.

Your over the top "if it's not OP it's useless" mentality means you will never be satisfied unless something is completely broken. This is why the subreddit was filled to the brim with jackasses throwing a hissy fit after an overpowered ability was nerfed.

Archived