Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scoreboard why?

VanFanel1980mx

Just now, VanFanel1980mx said:

So then the game has to be "balanced" around that aspect too, see the problem yet?

It never has been though? The closest concerns that could come out of it would happen without having the score board anyways.

Hell no. How am I supposed to know if there is a leech in the group?

I see zero kills in arbitration = im leaving

I see limbos = im leaving

I see zero kills in survial = im leaving

what does the scoreboard interfere with? Or maybe you are a leech ur self? Im watching you 👀 

5 minutes ago, Gasau said:

Hell no. How am I supposed to know if there is a leech in the group?

I see zero kills in arbitration = im leaving

I see limbos = im leaving

I see zero kills in survial = im leaving

what does the scoreboard interfere with? Or maybe you are a leech ur self? Im watching you 👀 

Aren't leeches actually restricted by the game from getting anything already?

It's always a good idea to know where you stand compared to other players, i don't mean just the 3 you played with, but the many you find along the way as it gives an idea on what you did, if you're above or below average, what other players did, among other things.

Knowing where you stand enables you to know your weight in the team, or the impact you have on the overall results, if your impact is small, having you dead for example shouldn't change much, but again having you alive won't do much either, this means that players will likely assign objectives to other players or not revive you because reviving you can actually be the wrong thing to do, but this requires alot of experience and gameplay, to decide when to do things and when not to do them.

The same goes the other way around, if you are worth the same as 3 players combined (which is kinda the upper limit that you can sustain on the long term), then a team isn't a team of 4 players, it's a team of 6, so obviously you have the biggest impact, you are a priority to be revived, because if you aren't, then the team just lost someone essential and as i came to notice (over 40k complete missions), players adapt well to small increases of difficulty, but if instead you slap them with a "now you have to work twice as hard", then it is likely that the mission will change it's pacing and even the outcome.

Players without this experience are VERY unlikely to notice, wave 11 in defense may be similar as wave 10, but if you lost the bulk of the team because he decided to extract, player may realize to late that wave 11 is simply far to difficult for them.

Scoreboard enables you to gather info on other players, but also on yourself.

2 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Honest question, what's the purpose of a scoreboard in the game? the DEvelopers seem bent on keeping it around and dedicating half the mission progress tab on it, there is no useful data in there all things considered, why do we still have it?

If you don't think it's useful then it shouldn't matter to you. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)thecoolman575 said:

You stop getting experience, credits or rewards if you don’t make any inputs for like 5 minutes, but its extremely to get around anyway as long as you make any input within that timeframe

yeah that needs to be dropped to around 30sec or so that would plug the leach hole

We had a screen showing stats with highlighted colors. Maybe the only evidence how you did in the mission. DE already hid it behind cringy victory poses and you want it gone? What's the harm in seeing more stats and having more information? Do you have something to hide?

Jamie Foxx Lol GIF by NETFLIX

16 minutes ago, dreadley said:

We had a screen showing stats with highlighted colors. Maybe the only evidence how you did in the mission. DE already hid it behind cringy victory poses and you want it gone? What's the harm in seeing more stats and having more information? Do you have something to hide?

Jamie Foxx Lol GIF by NETFLIX

I would prefer a more expanded loot table, also during missions I can no longer see how much experience bonus I am getting past a certain threshold which makes it harder for me to track how many levels I am getting when trying to level up stuff, all things considered the scoreboard is just "too big" for what it shows right now, the old size PLUS the current drop table PLUS maybe some more space for it would be ideal, they compacted the exp gain a bit but it can still get reduced.

Archived