Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All aura's should be the same mod capacity???

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

19 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Steel whatever is the only aura that is 9 mod cap (granting 18 if polarized).  

Will we ever see the others get an increase so we actually have more choices???

I'm a little confused here. Are you suggesting that people are choosing Steel Charge over options that better suit their builds needs just for those few extra mod points? Because I don't think many people are doing that. 

Steel Charge, as far as I have known, has not ever topped the useage charts, or close to it, and certainly not because it gives a few extra mod capacity. 

Steel Charge: +60% melee damage, Rifle Amp: +27% rifle damage. + the extra 4 capacity with Steel Charge? + Melee archetype being the strongest in the game? Unless you are running a caster frame and have (*cough* bought) Growing Power then why would you not use Steel Charge (assuming matching polarity).

10 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

steel whatever is not the only aura with the capacity cost of 9

It's only Power Donation though, right? 

If anything, if they balanced aura mod capacity + they would probably just drop Steel Charge and Power Donation to be seven instead of 9 and not buff the others. This is why I think this is a dangerous road to go down; to push DE on aura mod capacity increases.

27 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm a little confused here. Are you suggesting that people are choosing Steel Charge over options that better suit their builds needs just for those few extra mod points? Because I don't think many people are doing that. 

Steel Charge, as far as I have known, has not ever topped the useage charts, or close to it, and certainly not because it gives a few extra mod capacity. 

Either of the +18 capacity auras are important if you're doing umbral builds and need more capacity. Pretty common for people to use steel charge or power donation strictly for this purpose. Though between the two of them steel charge is more common due to it not giving negative power strength to the player.

24 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It's only Power Donation though, right? 

If anything, if they balanced aura mod capacity + they would probably just drop Steel Charge and Power Donation to be seven instead of 9 and not buff the others. This is why I think this is a dangerous road to go down; to push DE on aura mod capacity increases.

the only reason steel charge was for a long time the only aura with cap cost 9 is that early on they made it a rank 10 mod and then dropped it down to rank 5 but increased it's cap cost as a compromise; it has nothing to do with intentional balancing

later they made power donation have cap cost 9 too to make it more appealing i guess, using steel charge as a precedent

22 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Either of the +18 capacity auras are important if you're doing umbral builds and need more capacity. Pretty common for people to use steel charge or power donation strictly for this purpose. Though between the two of them steel charge is more common due to it not giving negative power strength to the player.

I acknowledge a few people might use it for capacity, but using it to fit umbral mods also means you are choosing not to use other advantageous aura's, and most melee is so broken it hardly needs extra power, it's usually overkill to increase melee much more, especially on endless missions. I'm not saying it has no use, but that the OP's claim that it has made other choices irrelevant is hyperbole at best. 

Just now, Traubenzuckr said:

the only reason steel charge was for a long time the only aura with cap cost 9 is that early on they made it a rank 10 mod and then dropped it down to rank 5 but increased it's cap cost as a compromise; it has nothing to do with intentional balancing

later they made power donation have cap cost 9 too to make it more appealing i guess, using steel charge as a precedent

As usual with DE, decisions like these often made in a fly by the seat of the pants way that doesn't even necessarily have balance in mind. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I acknowledge a few people might use it for capacity, but using it to fit umbral mods also means you are choosing not to use other advantageous aura's, and most melee is so broken it hardly needs extra power, it's usually overkill to increase melee much more, especially on endless missions. I'm not saying it has no use, but that the OP's claim that it has made other choices irrelevant is hyperbole at best. 

Depending on the build the benefits from the umbral mod set can outweigh the loss of aura variance. Most auras are simply not needed to complete most missions. In the event that you're doing a mission with very strict aura requirements (I don't remember the last time I've been in a mission with strict aura requirements. Since the corrosive projection nerf and the general changes to armor I haven't even encountered people pushing for specific aura usage). 

For the most part I tend to stick random crap in the aura slot depending on my mood. Aura forma have made it really convenient to swap out auras to fit the need of whatever build we're using. Steel Charge is a general-use go-to for the extra capacity moreso than the melee damage bonus.

2 hours ago, (PS4)isbergen said:

Steel Charge: +60% melee damage, Rifle Amp: +27% rifle damage. + the extra 4 capacity with Steel Charge? + Melee archetype being the strongest in the game? Unless you are running a caster frame and have (*cough* bought) Growing Power then why would you not use Steel Charge (assuming matching polarity).

Because Steel Charge adds base damage, is basically worthless, and isn't as flexible as other choices. I agree that there needs to be consistency with Auras (I made a post on this years ago), but most options are simply not good (like Amps or Scavengers) or too good to pass up (Corrosive Projection and Brief Respite).

Melee has an inherent reach shortcoming, and at some point they will rebalance the melee damage competitiveness. 

Realistically speaking, it would be interesting if more auras had different capacity rather than the same. There are several auras that are trivial or faction specific. More of them should be 9, and some of the over used ones could even be 5.

Make all of them give 10 (20) Capacity at max Rank, to produce neater numbers :P

... tho I guess that wouldn't work with the current 5 Ranks, an odd Drain amount (5) on an unranked Mod is not so neat after all,
so maybe also make all Auras 10 Ranks make Auras special (well, as special as e.g. Coolant Leak lol)
and simply have them at 10 Drain, without the ability / requirement of being ranked up.

On 2020-10-21 at 12:42 PM, BahamutKaiser said:

Melee has an inherent reach shortcoming, and at some point they will rebalance the melee damage competitiveness. 

Realistically speaking, it would be interesting if more auras had different capacity rather than the same. There are several auras that are trivial or faction specific. More of them should be 9, and some of the over used ones could even be 5.

do you think DE will nerf an aura mod's capacity cost from 7 to 5?

It's been like that for 7 years or whenever they changed Artifacts to Auras. I don't even remember it's been so long.

Personally I always tried not to polarize my aura slot on frames because the versatility is nice.

I have another question though. Why do they give polarity at all?

Auras are more faction / group based than frame based. Least they were. There wasn't really a reason to limit players on the Auras they can use based on some arbitrary polarity bonus in the first place. Now frame mods are costing a stupid amount of polarity just to compensate something that didn't really need to exist in the first place and in the end the true limitation of a frame's build is their 8 slot maximum. Not the polarity numbers.

I’ve never bothered myself getting new released auras, so I have all the old auras, but I use only Steel Charge. And I really regret now polaring frames for corrosive projection. It’s just completely useless now.4 extra capacity would be superior for my builds. Spending 3(or4?) formas for aura forma is just scam, especially since I need ranking up warframe after this.

On 2020-10-20 at 7:42 PM, Voltage said:

Because Steel Charge adds base damage, is basically worthless

No single aura mod is hugely game changing, especially since corrosive projection was nerfed. But to say +60% melee damage, which you get basically for free because it doesn’t occupy more important mod slots, is basically worthless? That’s simply not true. On frames that need as much melee damage as they can get, it’s a nice little boost.

On 2020-10-20 at 5:41 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Been playing since CB and I still have frames where I've dropped Steel Charge (or some other random mod) into place for the capacity...... I use to have Physique on Khora because I was too lazy to Forma her for, like, a year.

I doo feel that bringing all Aura mods inline as far as mod cost goes would make sense. Keep the bonus values at max the same just like when they stretched out Arcanes.

Yup, agreed. I'd rather see all Aura mods be brought to the same capacity. Personally, I don't see any of the Auras being that powerful or that useful. Arguing that Steel Charge is somehow so bad that it needs a higher capacity to stay competitive doesn't seem justified, especially when the difference is significant enough to make it more desirable than most other individual Aura mods.

Archived