Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please extend NW rank again!

Godmode_Ash

This topic is not talking about the idea, balancing, or gameplay of NW. There are already other threads giving feedback about NW gameplay.

I am only suggesting DE to extend NW rank once more, because this series is have been gone far too long. Many people have been capping NW ranks for weeks already. Even if episode 5 is coming in next week, DE will most likely giving players another month or so to finish their story and get weapons.

I understand DE is busy, so the content will be ready when it's done. I am not asking DE to rush content, but at least uncap the rank and let us farm more Nora items(potatos, kuva etc). Then everyone would be happy!

What DE need to do is re-think nw or reformulate alerts. NW its a great time/money consuming to DE...

Extend nw ranks sounds to me something very lazy and will make DE more lazy than before...extend and extend.....this will hurt the game much more.

1 minute ago, Luciole77 said:

What DE need to do is re-think nw or reformulate alerts. NW its a great time/money consuming to DE...

Extend nw ranks sounds to me something very lazy and will make DE more lazy than before...extend and extend.....this will hurt the game much more.

It wouldn't be the same if they keep extending vs having alerts? They don't have to bring new lore / new coesmetics for NW always, I'm more bothered by the lock of new players with nitain and other valuable resources... So I think is either more sources for nitain, auras and potatos or making NW permanent once for all with the same structure for seasons but never ending really, just jumping from seasons to intermissions without "cooldowns" or hiatus between them, that way they could have all the freedom they need to either focusing on NW or the rest of the game at the same time. 

38 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

I understand there are many issues with NW and there's alot of area needs improvement. But like I said this topic is about extending NW rank, and I like to see if anyone disagree with my idea, and why. To me, a lazy band-aid fix is better than nothing, at least it will help the current issue a little bit.

There are many other threads regarding NW gameplay that you can give feedback to. But even if those ideas are implement, it won't help the current series.

I just want Nightwave series 1 but with a new coat of paint. Some challenges that make me come back ever few days to complete, a few cool rewards, a couple of bonus lore tidbits. that's all. I couldn't care less about these detective scenes, or a big boss fight, especially when it makes the series take 9 months to finish. 

If DE was smart they would just tie new nightwaves into content they are already making so they don't have to delay one or the other. Like series 2 would have been great if they dropped it along with Diemos. The entire teams already working on infested stuff, they could make challenges specificity for Diemos to give players more reasons to play it, the derelict changes would be a perfect combo with the boss they added in series 2, and Nora could give players lore on the new content.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

how much more glass resonance can we take? I suppose it's not bad that the cap is increasing, but I just want the glass bois to disappear, feels like they've been around for years now.  also I see they just pulled a Soon™ on Nihil's fight. at this point I'm not bothered if the fight itself isn't revolutionary, just as long as it's winnable and doesn't drag out forever due to bullet sponge/invul phase mechanics, that'll do me. 

glass is not unbreakable, but neither is my will to play until Nezha Prime and Episode 5. hoping maybe they drop at the same time.

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

30 more ranks for how many months more?
they just have to make it a little bit shorter...

Agreed. These Nightwaves are just getting dragged out forever. 

I was thinking that having the option to replay the older NW acts after you reach rank 30 would be cool, but then we might have enemies from every NW act running around to screw everything up even more. DE just needs to have like 3-4 month NW acts imo. 

One way the old Alerts are better than Prestige ranks (and the need to manually Extend the Rank cap).

is players always have something to do

plus DE has better control over Catalyst/Generator farming.

with Prestige, the only way DE can control excessive Catalyst farming is to hard cap the ranks; not great since players run out of things to do.

with Alerts, DE can just stealth throttle the number of Catalyst Alerts, without shutting out the 'normal' low value alerts; thus maintaining control silently without making players salty with an obvious cutoff.

DE: please think about re-implementing Alerts and using the above strategy. It gives you better economy control, and at the same time gives players the illusion of unlimited progression. -everyone benefits

10 minutes ago, Pinegulf said:

Can someone explain why there is cap in the first place? What's the benefit? 

DE wants to limit how many Nora items players can get.

Capping the rank is easier to to manage than blocking out NW missions. Players can still do NW missions, and if DE feel the adjustment is needed, they can simply uncap the rank.

Maybe some of you shouldn't grind the system so hard after you hit 30. If DE didn't want to make it unlimited as a way to limit farming, then they might just start cutting it short which doesnt benefit other players that like to take their time and ONLY do challenges they enjoy. 

What's even more ridiculous is that the same people grinding the system hard are some of the same people that complain about being "forced" to do challenges they don't like, even though it might be easy for other people. Why complain about gilding if you can just SKIP it? Some of us appreciate the freebee because we don't hound after every challenge that pops up .

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Maybe some of you shouldn't grind the system so hard after you hit 30. If DE didn't want to make it unlimited as a way to limit farming, then they might just start cutting it short which doesnt benefit other players that like to take their time and ONLY do challenges they enjoy. 

The popups are annoying and get in the way of popups I care about, specifically riven challenges. You can hit ESC mid-mission to review your riven challenge (such as to verify you did indeed equip the correct key the challenge wanted) or to verify that the challenge hasn't been failed yet (was I detected yet? did the defense target take damage yet?)

Those are the important and relevant notifications, but when I have pending Nightwave challenges, the Nightwave notifications often obscure these. Now when I hit ESC in the middle of my Extermination mission to double check that I wasn't detected yet, I get "🤘😸🤘COMPLETE 8 RAILJACK MISSIONS FOR 7K STANDING YOU CAN'T USE ANYMORE🤘😸🤘" Great, thanks.

If the challenges aren't too bad, it's enough to motivate me to do them anyway just so the game will shut up about it. "Fine, I don't NEED ESO in any way, but I'll run a few rounds if it'll convince you to leave me alone about it, game."

6 hours ago, Godmode_Ash said:

DE wants to limit how many Nora items players can get.

Capping the rank is easier to to manage than blocking out NW missions. Players can still do NW missions, and if DE feel the adjustment is needed, they can simply uncap the rank.

Sorry. I was unclear. What's the benefit (if any) to player?

23 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

DE is adding 30 more ranks in episode 5

This is great but by the time episode 5 starts I will already have gotten the standing for the next 30 ranks since already at 20k+ extra standing.  NEEDS TO HAVE INFINITE RANKS OR MAKE THEM BETTER THAN ALERTS.  Alerts always happened and this was supposed to replace Alerts and be better.  I don't see them being better than Alerts right now.

Remember people complained about the last NW being around for 6 months??? Well this one is getting there since even if they release the next episode right now they will keep it up for a couple of weeks which will *ding*ding*ding be 6 months.  Maybe DE will do another stream condemning us that reddit posts complaining about a 6 month NW again when they finally end this set in 2ish months?

9 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What's even more ridiculous is that the same people grinding the system hard are some of the same people that complain about being "forced" to do challenges they don't like, even though it might be easy for other people. Why complain about gilding if you can just SKIP it? Some of us appreciate the freebee because we don't hound after every challenge that pops up .

I didn't grind the ranks and am way above max.  I didn't do like some people and farm the stupid glass enemies.  Heck I don't want them showing up anymore since it already annoying hearing Nora to begin with and her saying All Glass is breakable and Glass imminent isn't fun.

Archived