Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Little big request: leveling in missions

(PSN)Station2D-

Explanatory note: these topics are based on Feedback of “already existing” content but in a more minority and specific way.

Part of the Mastery and Affinity 2.0 system

Dynamic:

In all missions players will start at level 1 (including all their weapons), without mods and without tools,

while the players advance in the mission they must defeat their enemies to level up (level 30 limit) and get points to buy mods or other tools,

only the mods and tools that the player has will appear available to buy,

players will be able to interact with their weaponry and mods at every moment of the mission,

there will be restrictions affected by the level of the Wframes, weapons, etc (such as the capacity of mods), as well as abilities, etc.

also the limit level of the players in the mission will depend on the mastery level of the players,

Example: if your mastery level is 10, you can only reach level 10,

the level of the Npcs will start from 10 and will scale every minute, the level of the Npcs will have no limit.

don't try to say "but Warframe is fast-paced” (in missions) because that's not an excuse, that's just a problem, the fact that the missions last less than 5 - 10 minutes only makes the game more repetitive, the objective of this is not it is only to make the missions last longer but also to make them more challenging.

1 hour ago, (PSN)StationOfDead said:

don't try to say "but Warframe is fast-paced” (in missions) because that's not an excuse, that's just a problem, the fact that the missions last less than 5 - 10 minutes only makes the game more repetitive, the objective of this is not it is only to make the missions last longer but also to make them more challenging.

That's clearly not my idea of challenging. As for the repetitive aspect... we'd still be doing the same mission over and over again, albeit slower. This game mostly revolves around farming when it comes to progression and item acquisition, the latter requiring rewards from missions. See the problem? The part of the game system you're trying to change is fine in my eyes. Moreover, your suggestion adds more issues and tedium than anything. Warframe might be a bit of many things but it definitely isn't a MOBA.

Oh, by the way. *clears throat* Warframe is fast-paced. And that's not a part of any issue in my eyes. Actually, it's one of the reasons why I like this game.

43 minutes ago, (PSN)StationOfDead said:

Or maybe you are just an ignorant who does not know how to analyze things well..

As others said before, you might want to pick your words in a wiser way. 

All in all, regarding your suggestion and what I think of it, "thanks but no thanks" sums it up quite accurately.

4 minutes ago, Redeye said:

That's clearly not my idea of challenging. As for the repetitive aspect... we'd still be doing the same mission over and over again, albeit slower. This game mostly revolves around farming when it comes to progression and item acquisition, the latter requiring rewards from missions. See the problem? The part of the game system you're trying to change is fine in my eyes. Moreover, your suggestion adds more issues and tedium than anything. Warframe might be a bit of many things but it definitely isn't a MOBA.

Oh, by the way. *clears throat* Warframe is fast-paced. And that's not a part of any issue in my eyes. Actually, it's one of the reasons why I like this game.

And... how would you even do Steel Path? Your weapons would start out modless! And what about weapons that are objectively bad/unpleasant without mods?

As someone who manually ranks up weapons solo, there are some really painful weapons to rank up. To unlock that first mod in a mission in such a hypothetical system makes me cringe!

Your suggestion isnt practical in this type of looter shooter, it would need to have a complete rework from scratch as it will need a rework of enemy balancing. The other issue is having players stopping to sort out there loadouts increasing the mission time unnescesary. It may work in normal shooters since your only changing a gun or afew modifications.

Archived