Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parasitic Eximus Visible Aura

Fractyr

Hello,

Parasitic eximus can just sap your energy and prevent all sorts of energy regen just by standing near you. 
They do not even need to be in line of sight and there is no way of telling where they are while they are draining your energy.
People will argue that the texture is different from normal mobs but to be honest nobody has the time in the heat of combat to slowly inspect each enemy sherlock holmes style.
Can you imagine if nullifier bubbles were invisible? Yes, thats how it feels.
Give all parasitic eximus a visible aura so we at least know where they are and can effectively hunt them down.

Rypt

6 minutes ago, Ryptoryx said:

Hello,

Parasitic eximus can just sap your energy and prevent all sorts of energy regen just by standing near you. 
They do not even need to be in line of sight and there is no way of telling where they are while they are draining your energy.
People will argue that the texture is different from normal mobs but to be honest nobody has the time in the heat of combat to slowly inspect each enemy sherlock holmes style.
Can you imagine if nullifier bubbles were invisible? Yes, thats how it feels.
Give all parasitic eximus a visible aura so we at least know where they are and can effectively hunt them down.

Rypt

They are also way bigger than regular counterparts and they do have an aura of strange energy around them, what do you mean with an aura then? Something like a "bubble" but without any collision? (Like Lucio's heal in OW)

7 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

They are also way bigger than regular counterparts and they do have an aura of strange energy around them, what do you mean with an aura then? Something like a "bubble" but without any collision? (Like Lucio's heal in OW)

I would personally argue for it. Given that it can affect you through walls, you should be able to see the effect through walls.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

I would personally argue for it. Given that it can affect you through walls, you should be able to see the effect through walls.

I won't be mad honestly, but something that big will be disruptive gameplay wise and if it's like Lucio's heal, then just on the floor wont work. MAybe something remotely similar to simaris hints but without a scanner? A partiular sound just tied to that kind of enemy?

Just now, vanaukas said:

I won't be mad honestly, but something that big will be disruptive gameplay wise and if it's like Lucio's heal, then just on the floor wont work. MAybe something remotely similar to simaris hints but without a scanner? A partiular sound just tied to that kind of enemy?

For most faction's they're not that frequent. For the Infested, well...

Maybe they shouldn't be that frequent, and energy should be limited in a more reasonable, predictable manner. 

Either that, or perhaps there's a way to merge the 'auras' - or at least make them invisible if they cross over so things don't look like a venn diagram, and you can only see the outer edges?

I partially agree with OP. When there's a lot of units, it's hard to narrow down the Parasitic Eximus sapping your energy.

On the other hand, the Parasitic Eximus forces you to learn to check your Energy Bar even when Energy is easy to get on-demand. Because honestly, you don't even need to look your energy bar most of the time! You just assume you have that 100-200 energy to cast that ability with Blind Rage equipped... When I started playing Naramon Khora before the Helminth System, I really started to notice how much we usually take energy for granted with Zenurik.

EDIT: In other words, if the Parasitic Eximus is too easy to spot, then the Energy Bar may as well not even exist. You'll just always have the energy and no reason to really check it.

12 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

For most faction's they're not that frequent. For the Infested, well...

Maybe they shouldn't be that frequent, and energy should be limited in a more reasonable, predictable manner. 

Either that, or perhaps there's a way to merge the 'auras' - or at least make them invisible if they cross over so things don't look like a venn diagram, and you can only see the outer edges?

I feel that's the very only way of infested to deal with warframe abilities. This kinda amuses me because the operator doesn't suffer any of that... Another proof that we have literal infinite energy, we are the vooooooid.

But getting serious, I don't believe that should be the choice either. Particles and sounds are the less visually disruptive (unless you play wth full partciles,... then particles aren't so "discrete")

QoL would be that there should be a pulse on your energy going down as well as on your lifebar to let you know there is one in range.

From your frame, there should be waves of energy going towards the Leaches. For energy drain, make it wavey fire looking. For life, make it globs in a river going towards the Leach. 

If this can be done in Dr Sleep movie, should have been done once Leaches hit 3 years old

I remember this coming up one time, and someone was all like "Next you're going to want some sort of indication that you're taking damage!" apparently unaware that we do in fact get visual/audio cues when we take shield damage, when our shield breaks, and when we take health damage.  So, yeah, I'd really like some indication that we're actually losing energy beyond just our energy bar suddenly being empty.

I would suggest at least a visible effect on us when it gets in range of us. Like the magnetic proc or something.

As it is, I often just go "uh, all energy gone in moments, guess there is an eximus somewhere above ? Bellow ? Behind a wall ? If I had any way to tell I might have been able to move and ajust before getting entirely drained, but f me I guess..."

"Eximus units spawn 10-15 ranks higher than the rank average for the mission at hand, along with the highest increase in stats and resistances, posing a reasonable challenge for under-equipped or inexperienced Tenno."

Well, I guess they're doing their job, then lol. 

Also, you're probably confusing eximus with these bad boys, while also getting double dipped energy drain from these guys:

"An Infested heavy melee unit, the Ancient Disruptor stands out for the ability to drain away a Warframe's energy. Not only does the Ancient Disruptor possess an aura that allows its nearby allies to drain Warframe energy with each attack, their own melee attacks have a 10% chance[10] of dealing  Magnetic proc on players, draining the player's Warframe energy over the duration of the proc and temporarily reducing shields."

So basically just kill all the tall infested guys. The infested are no joke, people think they are because they're squishy, but they'll mess you up.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

"Eximus units spawn 10-15 ranks higher than the rank average for the mission at hand, along with the highest increase in stats and resistances, posing a reasonable challenge for under-equipped or inexperienced Tenno."

Well, I guess they're doing their job, then lol. 

Also, you're probably confusing eximus with these bad boys, while also getting double dipped energy drain from these guys:

"An Infested heavy melee unit, the Ancient Disruptor stands out for the ability to drain away a Warframe's energy. Not only does the Ancient Disruptor possess an aura that allows its nearby allies to drain Warframe energy with each attack, their own melee attacks have a 10% chance[10] of dealing  Magnetic proc on players, draining the player's Warframe energy over the duration of the proc and temporarily reducing shields."

So basically just kill all the tall infested guys. The infested are no joke, people think they are because they're squishy, but they'll mess you up.

its all falls down to the classic clash between an unstoppable force and unmovable object , there is no engagemant but to cheese ,to me melee is cheesing too because you remove the need of using abilities with it . 
Players know the solutions for it   ,it is just that the non-interaction between high level enemies and us becomes boring . 

Maybe they shouldnt have released warframes that can both cc entire rooms and deal scaling damage with a click of a button and in response  needing bs enemy designs  accordingly.
 who knows maybe the whole 'thang' is doomed from the get-go  .. they shouldve considered their desgin philosophy but who am i to speak , Am I a GAme DeV ? such heresy smh ..

22 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

its all falls down to the classic clash between an unstoppable force and unmovable object , there is no engagemant but to cheese ,to me melee is cheesing too because you remove the need of using abilities with it . 
Players know the solutions for it   ,it is just that the non-interaction between high level enemies and us becomes boring . 

We are interacting....using our weapons and abilities. If you want a game with more one on one engagement, then warframe probably isn't it. Maybe try god of war or Arkham asylum lol.

20 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

Maybe they shouldnt have released warframes that can both cc entire rooms and deal scaling damage with a click of a button and in response  needing bs enemy designs  accordingly.
 who knows maybe the whole 'thang' is doomed from the get-go  .. they shouldve considered their desgin philosophy but who am i to speak , Am I a GAme DeV ? such heresy smh ..

You know they have to use range mods for that, right? 

Stretch came with the vanilla version....and Overextended was released in 2013....If you don't like it, you had multiple years to decide if you want to participate lol.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You know they have to use range mods for that, right? 

Stretch came with the vanilla version....and Overextended was released in 2013....If you don't like it, you had multiple years to decide if you want to participate lol.

You miss the point im making , its not about what we can use as mods to counter the grineer and infested-like design atrocities(yes its my comentary) , it is about engagement regardless of mods or whatever you bring to a mission :
 Is it okay that we're being so powerful that essentially we dont care what game throws at us just because we sat and planned thru 15 minutes once in a blue moon and that build carrying the player for say grineer for eternity whithout ever thinking about micro-management while playing . 

My complaint on for example scorpion/ancient hooks or those units most of them having aimbots and hitscans is tied to those elements making balancing the game just as hard as meta weapons do . I very well know how to counter them , in fact i used to deliberately counter them with i-frames before even shield gating being a thing .

As for the years of me playing , im only a 3 years old player not so old , there are players that i encounter that played since release or 6 years and at least half of them say what i say too , the other half is complacent or stay silent or already left the game for good , fyi i dont play much warframe anymore as i decided its not good for my schedule anymore, but thats irrelevant to the topic , just wanted to inform you on that aspect .

1 minute ago, killerJoke66 said:

You miss the point im making , its not about what we can use as mods to counter the grineer and infested-like design atrocities(yes its my comentary) , it is about engagement regardless of mods or whatever you bring to a mission :
 Is it okay that we're being so powerful that essentially we dont care what game throws at us just because we sat and planned thru 15 minutes once in a blue moon and that build carrying the player for say grineer for eternity whithout ever thinking about micro-management while playing . 

My complaint on for example scorpion/ancient hooks or those units most of them having aimbots and hitscans is tied to those elements making balancing the game just as hard as meta weapons do . I very well know how to counter them , in fact i used to deliberately counter them with i-frames before even shield gating being a thing .

As for the years of me playing , im only a 3 years old player not so old , there are players that i encounter that played since release or 6 years and at least half of them say what i say too , the other half is complacent or stay silent or already left the game for good , fyi i dont play much warframe anymore as i decided its not good for my schedule anymore, but thats irrelevant to the topic , just wanted to inform you on that aspect .

Is it ok? Yes...it's ok lol.

8 hours ago, nslay said:

On the other hand, the Parasitic Eximus forces you to learn to check your Energy Bar

The only thing PE forces is fleeing the #*!% away into an empty room, putting down 1 or more energy pizzas, weeding out the PE only for it to respawn 4 seconds later right behind you from the room you just exited and then parkouring straight to the extraction zone while thinking "#*!% this BS"

20 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

The only thing PE forces is fleeing the #*!% away into an empty room, putting down 1 or more energy pizzas, weeding out the PE only for it to respawn 4 seconds later right behind you from the room you just exited and then parkouring straight to the extraction zone while thinking "#*!% this BS"

There's always grineer and corpus if you can't handle em.

Archived