Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shedu questions

ThumpumGood

Since this is the drop rate in Orphix Venom(as posted in the wiki) is this the only way to get Shedu or are there other ways? Will Orphix Venom be a regular event like Formorian, Plaguestar etc? Why this low? I've been farming it for a while now and have well over 1000 kills on the target and not one piece. (yes I know the target NPC is not Orphix so dont go tangent on me)

Drop Chance Expected Nearly Guaranteed
Barrel 1% 208 – 209 kills 825 ± 229 kills
Chassis 1%
Handle 1%
Receiver 1%

9 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

shedu at first looks awesome but some days later you get bored real fast...you are not missing much.

The Shedu might look like a turkey leg on crack but it's performance is awesome.

Edit: @Vaml77
You don't even own a Shedu so how can you comment on it.

Just now, Vaml77 said:

shedu at first looks awesome but some days later you get bored real fast...you are not missing much.

I really dont like being told or anyone actually being told that"these weapons" are bad, boring or anything else that would deter people from getting a weapon. If nothing else, it's MR fodder. Which is why you see me in the region chat telling everyone who asks, "is this weapon any good?"  ... Yes. If for nothing else than MR fodder, you need to build it. And if you dont find it useful or fun, get rid of it. I'm glad I have never listened to anyone who ever said that Sonicor is garbage. Still over 70% usage in my profile after all these years. I have tools for jobs. And if the Shedu fills a niche I would like filled, why would you ever tell some one "that weapon sucks"? You do new players a disservice by remotely suggesting that any weapon they may like is "less than desireable"

And Im not some newbie who needs to be instructed. And your comment has NOTHING to do with what I asked. Dont be a post ho.

1 minute ago, ThumpumGood said:

I really dont like being told or anyone actually being told that"these weapons" are bad, boring or anything else that would deter people from getting a weapon. If nothing else, it's MR fodder. Which is why you see me in the region chat telling everyone who asks, "is this weapon any good?"  ... Yes. If for nothing else than MR fodder, you need to build it. And if you dont find it useful or fun, get rid of it. I'm glad I have never listened to anyone who ever said that Sonicor is garbage. Still over 70% usage in my profile after all these years. I have tools for jobs. And if the Shedu fills a niche I would like filled, why would you ever tell some one "that weapon sucks"? You do new players a disservice by remotely suggesting that any weapon they may like is "less than desireable"

And Im not some newbie who needs to be instructed. And your comment has NOTHING to do with what I asked. Dont be a post ho.

Are you mad bro? Calm down...

11 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Just read what that kind of ppl write and forget it in same instance 
Since look at your question it was about low drop rates right?
And to what question he answers? To non existing one which no 1 even asked just to voice his personal opinion which no 1 cares about except him alone
So that alone speaks volumes about person alone so is there any reason to even care for what they write about X weapon?

And as for shedu i do remember when farming it while anomaly occurs in viel proxima there was not that many spawns of symbylists 
And only doing it efficiently u was swimming in plat since 1 set could be sold for around 300 plat
But that involved khora nekros and atlas in your squad to proc all bonus drop chance %
While anomaly occur from time to time
Now price of a set dropped down and most likely there are many other means to get sheu (by scarlet spear then and orphix now) but i believe there was some other easy way i just dont remember which but i bet a bit of google or youtube search would answer that
So all that included simply seems it have lower drop chance now because there is easier way to encounter enemies that can drop it

Here is the drop rate for Railjack.

Symbilyst Blueprint/Item Drop Chance: 4.00%
  Shedu Barrel Uncommon (25.00%)
  Shedu Chassis Uncommon (25.00%)
  Shedu Handle Uncommon (25.00%)
  Shedu Receiver Uncommon (25.00%)

The sentient Anomaly Ship spawns every half hour I think in different missions in Veil Proxoma.

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It's always available now it just jumps nodes

That's what I meant, I think it changes node every half hour. [confirmed]

In the old days you needed this semlar to see when it was spawning, now it's way better. 

Edit: p.s you can still use this page for ease.

Nekros with Paracesis modded for Corrosive dmg and crit will sort out the sentients quite well and increase the drop chance of Shedu parts. The anomaly spawns in the Veil Proxima on random planets.

And yeh use whatever weapon you enjoy, this game is easy enough to choose a weapon that's fun rather than just the one with max DPS. 

Back in the day when sentient anomaly was on timer, a 3 ivara + nekros was the way to go for shedu and as anything that can be stolen and drop from scarce enemies at least 3 ivara is optimised ^^'. Keep in mind the parts are tradeable and that there is more supply than demand.

A few months ago got the Shedu built and started using it, well right away I loved its animation and fireworks blasts so modded it like hell. It got 8 formas now been using this almost exclusively as my primary I dont regret it at all. No more worry about ammo, didnt try the Bubonico though maybe its better?

il y a 21 minutes, Krilexis a dit :

A few months ago got the Shedu built and started using it, well right away I loved its animation and fireworks blasts so modded it like hell. It got 8 formas now been using this almost exclusively as my primary I dont regret it at all. No more worry about ammo, didnt try the Bubonico though maybe its better?

Bubonico is definitely one of the best 2020 weapons for sure. It is probably better than Shedu, Shedu is good when you have stun immunity but it falls off, sure it can do fine with steroids but I would not consider it top tier in Steel Path while some weapons are even more braindead for non SP content, it's kind of ideal in lich hunting, overkill for regular starchart stuff and too weak for SP as a standalone imho. With helminth, you put a single weapon steroid on any frame and ignis wraith destroys non sp content without any form of aiming using the primed range mod :D.

had the Shedu for a while, but that's good if it drops in Orphix Venom. 

2 hours ago, Krilexis said:

didnt try the Bubonico though maybe its better?

Bubonico is more complex since it has 2 fire modes, but Shedu's simplicity makes it quite versatile, Bubonico is strong though: primary fire is a powerful auto shotgun - and it also uses shotgun mods - and the grenade volley makes for good long range AoE if you need it. I think Bubonico has the edge DPS wise, if it does it's due to the use of Shotgun mods vs rifle mods. the only downside is your aim is obstructed slightly, but it doesn't zoom in much when you aim anyway: both Shedu and Bubonico are basically hip-fire only.

overall I'd say use what you prefer, both arm cannons are more than viable. 

Archived