Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baphomet's head sigil

Radu955

18 hours ago, Radu955 said:

DE released a new sigil today, the lunar renewal ox in celebration of the Chinese new year, the only problem is that this sigil doesn't just look like an ox head, it also looks like the head of baphomet. the sigil      and this.  The sigil is sold by the void trader on Kronia relay, planet Saturn.

A little less religious bigotry would make the world a better place. And more awareness of different cultures as well.

29 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Never played it or even know what it is. It is just my personal opinion on the deities of the bible. I'm not a satanist or christian myself, but if I was forced to chose I'd go down the left hand path without thinking twice since less evil and killing has been done in his name. He also didnt incite his follower to lay siege on my culture 1000 years ago and nearly wipe it out. And I think most old cultures can say the same.

Your problem isn't with God, it's with humanity. But that's a conversation for another time

Right, I've had some sleep now. Let's do this.

6 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Your problem isn't with God, it's with humanity. But that's a conversation for another time

Considering that Yahweh regularly permits, endorses, demands, and commits atrocities throughout the Bible, you would be quite mistaken.

Even a simple comparison between Satan and Yahweh's death tolls (less than a dozen (which, for the record, were only done with Yahweh's explicit permission) vs literal genocides, respectively) proves quite illuminating, and don't even get me started on his edicts regarding slavery (such as Exodus 21, in which he permits owners to beat their slaves without punishment, provided that they do not die within a few days), misogyny and homophobia, or his frankly idiotic "plan".

Like Ervin, I am an Atheist, but if the Christian proposition turned out to be true, I would immediately become a Misotheist and align myself in opposition to Yahweh. I consider him to be that much of a monster.

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Like Ervin, I am an Atheist, but if the Christian proposition turned out to be true, I would immediately become a Misotheist and align myself in opposition to Yahweh. I consider him to be that much of a monster.

I'm honestly more of an agnostic, but I dont really give a crap if there is or isnt something in the end, or if that something lets me into whatever afterlife there is or not. If it isnt enough for that or those something(s) that I simply kept an open mind, without pointless prayer and kneeling, then they can go #*!% themselves. Which is why I hope my native gods are what awaits me when I die if there is an afterlife, since I wont have to worry about where the hel I end up.

15 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm honestly more of an agnostic, but I dont really give a crap if there is or isnt something in the end, or if that something lets me into whatever afterlife there is or not. If it isnt enough for that or those something(s) that I simply kept an open mind, without pointless prayer and kneeling, then they can go #*!% themselves. Which is why I hope my native gods are what awaits me when I die if there is an afterlife, since I wont have to worry about where the hel I end up.

Ah, sorry, misinterpreted your meaning.

You might be interested to know that gnosticism (and agnosticism by extension) is actually separate from the theist/atheist axis. It refers to whether or not you think certain things are possible to know. It's possible to be a gnostic atheist (believes that the existence of a god can be known, and that no gods exist) or an agnostic theist (believes at least one god exists, but doesn't consider it possible to know for certain).

Basically, if your answer to the question of "Do you believe at least one god exists" is anything other than an affirmative "yes", you are an atheist. I myself am a "Soft" atheist. I don't discount the possibility that some god may exist, but I have yet to find a proposal for a deity that convinces me.

4 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Ah, sorry, misinterpreted your meaning.

You might be interested to know that gnosticism (and agnosticism by extension) is actually separate from the theist/atheist axis. It refers to whether or not you think certain things are possible to know. It's possible to be a gnostic atheist (believes that the existence of a god can be known, and that no gods exist) or an agnostic theist (believes at least one god exists, but doesn't consider it possible to know for certain).

Basically, if your answer to the question of "Do you believe at least one god exists" is anything other than an affirmative "yes", you are an atheist. I myself am a "Soft" atheist. I don't discount the possibility that some god may exist, but I have yet to find a proposal for a deity that convinces me.

I am probably what is considered an apathetic agnostic to be more precise.

The view that no amount of debate can prove or disprove the existence of one or more deities, and if one or more deities exist, they do not appear to be concerned about the fate of humans. Therefore, their existence has little to no impact on personal human affairs and should be of little interest. An apathetic agnostic would say, "I don't know whether any deity exist or not, and I don't care if any deity exists or not."

12 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

personally i'd be up for more demonic references, they're far more interesting than their angelic counterparts IMO.

I think the angelic counterparts are probably scary/interesting too. I seemed to remember seraphim having no less than 6 wings... the cherabim have 4 faces and 4 wings. These sound like scary monsters to me!

23 minutes ago, nslay said:

I think the angelic counterparts are probably scary/interesting too. I seemed to remember seraphim having no less than 6 wings... the cherabim have 4 faces and 4 wings. These sound like scary monsters to me!

I recommend looking up the Angelarium by Peter Mohrbacher. It has some gorgeously bizarre designs for angels, which honestly wouldn't look too out-of-place in Warframe.

A sample:

Spoiler

Sahaqiel, In the Great Expanse - Peter Mohrbacher

Only the ear part...if you try really hard to notice similarities between this and Baphomet's depictions.

And even if it would be straight up Baphomet, how would that hurt anyone.

Nowadays Lavey-an 'satanists' are nothing more than just edgy christians.

This thread actually reminds me of a serious thread started in Marvel Heroes where a person complained about the spell animations of Wanda and Dr. Strange since they included pentagrams and other ritualistic circles. About how it would corrupt the young and so on. I'm fairly sure that same person also raged behind his screen about there being a gender bender skin for Wanda that turned the model into her gay son Wiccan.

8 hours ago, Corvid said:

Considering that Yahweh regularly permits, endorses, demands, and commits atrocities throughout the Bible, you would be quite mistaken.

You do not want to start this with me. Meet me in PMs if you genuinely think your edgy "lol I can use my misunderstandings of a textbook written in 600 BC to claim all Christians everywhere forever are hypocritical sheep" actually holds water

Which brings me to:

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

If it isnt enough for that or those something(s) that I simply kept an open mind, without pointless prayer and kneeling, then they can go #*!% themselves.

"Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
    for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called children of God."

42 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

"lol I can use my misunderstandings of a textbook written in 600 BC to claim all Christians everywhere forever are hypocritical sheep" actually holds water

See the source image

Please, point out where I am misunderstanding what is written.

Trying to gaslight me by saying that I've not understood what the books quite clearly say isn't going to cut it, I'm afraid. Also, I'm not sure what the relevance of its year of its creation has. Is it not supposed to be the timeless word of the universe's supreme being? Seems like sloppy planning to me if it can be "misinterpreted" when the amount of time that has passed since then is essentially a blink when looked at on a universal timescale.

14 minutes ago, Corvid said:

See the source image

Please, point out where I am misunderstanding what is written.

This specific misunderstanding is taking the word "slave" in the same way as Americans circa 1800. "Oh my God, jews took slaves as their personal property!" if you only look at Exodus 21:21. Except they didn't. The OTHER laws in the Pentateuch confined "slave" to a seven-year period of indentured servitude. "The slave is their property" doesn't refer to the human being, it refers to the debt.

Want proof? Six verses later: "An owner who knocks out the tooth of a male or female slave must let the slave go free to compensate for the tooth."

9 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Seems like sloppy planning to me if it can be "misinterpreted" when the amount of time that has passed since then is essentially a blink when looked at on a universal timescale.

Like I said, meet me in private messages, I don't want to turn this thread into our debate, but I will say this:

You think this is a new argument? You think the Abrahamic religions have gone three thousand years without hearing any challenges to their historicity or morality?

Trying to boil down the Bible to "I found these two verses that, without any context, makes Christians sound like hypocritical tyrants" is either an admission of ignorance of the context, or just being disingenuous

23 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

This specific misunderstanding is taking the word "slave" in the same way as Americans circa 1800. "Oh my God, jews took slaves as their personal property!" if you only look at Exodus 21:21.

How about Leviticus 25:44 then? "Both your slaves, and your bondmaids, which you shall have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall you buy slaves and bondmaids"

Sounds a lot like chattel slavery to me.

The OTHER laws in the Pentateuch confined "slave" to a seven-year period of indentured servitude. "The slave is their property" doesn't refer to the human being, it refers to the debt.

That applies only to male Jewish slaves. Non-Jewish slaves (and female Jewish ones) can be held for up to 50 years depending on where the Jubilee falls, and they can be passed down to your children as property.

And even if what you are saying is true, that still does not change the fact that you are explicitly permitted to beat another human being for any reason of your choosing, with no punishment incurred so long as they survive the process. Which in my eyes is immoral no matter which way you slice it.

Want proof? Six verses later: "An owner who knocks out the tooth of a male or female slave must let the slave go free to compensate for the tooth."

Yet according to Exodus 21:24 (Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,), if you knock out the tooth of a man who isn't a slave, they are entitled to inflict an equivalent wound on you. So slaves are still being treated unfairly.

You think this is a new argument?

No, I think it's one that apologists have still not adequately addressed even after all this time. For the record, a simple admittance of "Okay, yes, that's immoral, we're going to excise that collection of verses" would be adequate in my eyes. It's not like the church opposed to making verses apocryphal, considering that the decision of what made it into the Bible is literally where we get the modern use of the word "Canon" from.

You think the Abrahamic religions have gone three thousand years without hearing any challenges to their historicity or morality?

No, I think they've used their privileged status as dominant ideologies to suppress said challenges, and that they have no way to rebut them now that said dominance has waned to the point where said suppression is, for the most part, no longer an option.

Religions have not stood the test of time, they've avoided it.

Archived