The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Kazriyal said:

Is there any compensation for people who are unable to watch the stream and get the drops due to Real-Life issues, but who watch the recordings after?

I personally cannot watch the Friday streams due to religion (active use of electrical devices on the Sabbath is prohibited), and when the drops are not cosmetic but gameplay-affecting (unique weapon bps, umbra forma, etc) it feels like I and others like me are being specifically (though unintentionally) excluded.

The reward is for watching live content, wanting a reward without meeting this requirement is just greedy. For reglious reasons I will give out my synpathies but thats a result of personal belief not DE responsibility. Most streams are Mon to Thursday anyway.

Edited by (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The-Toby said:

Ugh no wounder why I don't see twitch prime anymore wasted 13 bucks on twitch prime.

I believe Twitch Prime was renamed to Twitch Gaming. And this has nothing to do with that. I am sure the Twitch Gaming exclusive loot will still make people sign up for the paid service. This is just about the live stream drops. :3

Yeah, I don't really see the appeal, if anything it just means more chance of not getting the drops since the new system is untested and the old system was working fine for me 364 days a year (the exception being Tennocon where it always broke and we never got our drops). In fact there will be tons of people that don't get the memo they have to unlink and relink, leading to tons of unearned rewards and support tickets... But hey... My two cents. Why you couldn't just use our existing twitch links is beyond me.

Besides, why can't we get timed promo codes in streams instead ? That way we can redeem them on the platform of our choosing / on multiple platforms / can get them while watching reruns when we get back from work / can get them from websites that would list the codes if we are away and can't watch the stream at a specific time. Would also fix the usual issue where drops don't work during Tennocon... Would be much fairer for people with different schedules or that live in different timezone. Would avoid the frustrating of joining a stream 31 minutes into it and not getting it by like 30 seconds as the stream ends before the 30 minute drop triggers. And people would still tune in live for the prime access giveaways.

Edited by (PSN)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 1

Am 12.2.2021 um 19:47 schrieb [DE]Megan:

Hello Tenno!

Back in 2017 we launched Warframe Twitch Drops and made continual back-end changes for stability, variety, and overall fixing. Now in 2021 we’re excited to launch Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 - a more user friendly Drop experience!

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Everyone must relink their Twitch Account to their Warframe Account to be eligible for Twitch Drops 2.0. Follow these easy steps below to unlink/relink:

56422bc2a35c73ef5b1942d204540ded.png

1944650c4fbf9423dee1a6d0d0bf7a47.png

What you can expect from Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0:

Upon entering the stream while a drop is active, you’ll be greeted with a chat message at the top of the chat window which can be expanded to see more details about the drop at a glance.

By clicking your Twitch icon in the top right, you’ll see a progression bar depicting how close you are towards claiming the Twitch Drop. Clicking the drop will take you to the Drops main page where a more detailed description of the Warframe Twitch Drop can be read.

Once you have met the Twitch Drop criteria (30 minute watch time, etc) a popup in the chat window will appear for you to manually claim your Drop. 

IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory  

You must manually claim the Twitch Drop for it to be delivered.

Once claimed, the Twitch Drop may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered to your linked Warframe account. Once delivered, the familiar face of Teshin will greet you in your in-game Inbox.

That’s it! Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 will debut this Tuesday, February 16th during our Working From Home Community Stream. 

Thanks!

Perfect tutorial so really everyone (including me) can understand, appriciated thanks!

34 minutes ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Yeah, I don't really see the appeal, if anything it just means more chance of not getting the drops since the new system is untested and the old system was working fine for me 364 days a year (the exception being Tennocon where it always broke and we never got our drops). In fact there will be tons of people that don't get the memo they have to unlink and relink, leading to tons of unearned rewards and support tickets... But hey... My two cents. Why you couldn't just use our existing twitch links is beyond me.

Besides, why can't we get timed promo codes in streams instead ? That way we can redeem them on the platform of our choosing / on multiple platforms / can get them while watching reruns when we get back from work / can get them from websites that would list the codes if we are away and can't watch the stream at a specific time. Would also fix the usual issue where drops don't work during Tennocon... Would be much fairer for people with different schedules or that live in different timezone. Would avoid the frustrating of joining a stream 31 minutes into it and not getting it by like 30 seconds as the stream ends before the 30 minute drop triggers. And people would still tune in live for the prime access giveaways.

The reason behind the change is because Twitch is pulling the plug on the drop 1.0 that DE has been using. DE need to move to the new Drop 2.0 which is what they are doing now.

Also the drop can be redeem after the stream  and up to 24h (?) if you qualify for it, if you miss the claim button you can just check your Twitch inventory and claim at that spot.

• Like 1

Ah so they are using the newer drops system they are using currently for the Rust drops. I guess adding a progress bar is nice, but if the drops don't appear in-game eventually are we still expected to do support tickets for the drops?

Honestly, as much as a "pain" it is to manually click on a twitch inventory and click claim, I believe [DE] just needs to clarify this is TWITCH implementing a new drop system, and them adhering to the new rules. This isn't just "oh we feel like changing the system" -- the old drops stop working on 21st Feb anyways so you're losing that no matter what you think of the new system. I hate change, and I'm pretty lazy so I tend to AFK most of the streams, but even I can click a button in my twitch inventory. What's the issue again? 🤔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (NSW)Ikishrew said:

I mostly watch from mobile, will i be able to claim drops from the official Twitch app?

Twitch is Twitch it doesn't matter, so yes.

3 hours ago, Camese said:

@DEMegan

what if we are chat banned from Warframe on Twitch? will we still see the notification?

Well that's the penalty for being a naughty person.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Th3 Ub3r Dork said:

As someone who predominantly watches twitch on mobile or in another app, this is going to be a massive pain in the butt. Great. 😒

How so, watch or afk stream while running, collect reward after the stream.

==============================================================================

Not directed at my above quotes this is general observation of posts throughout this thread.

So much salt in here from players who just post without reading the thread to see posts explaining how the drops work and why DE was forced to change to this drop system. lol

Edited by Slayer-.
broken quote
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

Thank you @Slayer-.. There's only so many posts I can respond to the same way before it just becomes an annoyance coming back to this thread. Unfortunately since no one reads it, your message will fall on the same deaf ears.

HELL YEAH. 
                   Yep players will just roll on by and post the S.S.D.P straight after.         

oOopy.gif               

• Like 1

On 2021-02-13 at 5:59 AM, -CCC-BeardedPike said:

I think the reason they're making us claim it manually now is because people have been complaining about not automatically receiving their drops. The progress meter will let people know if they have met the criteria to receive the drop, which means this is far less likely to happen. I'd say it's an improvement.

With the change, i don't think players who are asleep when Twitch stream is running can claim loot while leaving stream running in AFK mode.