Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe VR

Imagine for a moment, that you take your VR, enter warframe and start playing as if you were the operator sitting in his chair, operating the warframes in 3rd person, with the same view that warframe always has, but that you can see everything  what's around you.  It would be magical.  Without a doubt, one of the largest and best functions that could be implemented, and I think it would not be so difficult to be able to do it.

Therefore, I ask that all who see this forum, comment if it seems like a good idea and share this publication with other players.  And see if we can get this publication to DE.

Thanks for your support

Here I leave a link where you can sign.  See if DE can see all the signatures we get.

https://www.peticion.es/warframe_vr

22 minutes ago, (PSN)KillzoneShadowFa said:

Do not believe.  Since it could be configured for your convenience, with options to remove particles, effects, etc.

Particles and effects are not the problem, movement is. I'm pretty sure most people would get motion sickness pretty quick.

Edit: besides, playing a VR game in 3rd person doesn't make much sense; they would need to add a first person mode for it to be somewhat appealing, and that's not going to happen.

hace 12 minutos, (XBOX)C11H22O11 dijo:

You could've googled to see what people think about this, you're not the first to think about it.

Already look.  that's why I put it.  To try that DE see that the VR mode for warframe would like quite a lot of people.  Although you mentioned that they have already published about this, they all talk about warframe VR in 1st person, when warframe VR in 3rd person would be perfect.  Since I would not lose the essence or the movements of the melee

hace 2 minutos, (PSN)KillzoneShadowFa dijo:

Already look.  that's why I put it.  To try that DE see that the VR mode for warframe would like quite a lot of people.  Although you mentioned that they have already published about this, they all talk about warframe VR in 1st person, when warframe VR in 3rd person would be perfect.  Since I would not lose the essence or the movements of the melee

Basically, you would only have to implement the 360 °, in 3D VR and some configuration options

Considering that not many people own a VR set it would be completely pointless to waist any resources on this idea. Especially when you consider how much time DE would need to invest revamping the entire HUD, aiming system and so on just so a few hundred or so people can enjoy the game in VR for a hour before forgetting that it was ever a thing.  

Also from what ive seen about VR games, the majority of them do cause motion sickness to some degree despite how well they are made. And with some VR sets its more common than with others in certain games, so ........ one more thing to factor in for a super fast paste gameplay that would make your head spin for days!        

39 minutes ago, (PSN)KillzoneShadowFa said:

Basically, you would only have to implement the 360 °, in 3D VR and some configuration options

What? Its that easy!? And let me guess it take like five minutes to done, right?! Yeah super easy, you just change you point of view and your set.

Some how i think its not that easy like you think it is.

... Some people think they know stuff... when, in the best polite way possible, they actually have no f****** idea what they're talking about..

1 hour ago, (PSN)KillzoneShadowFa said:

Already look.  that's why I put it.

... I believe that you can put your VR gear, if you have one, set up as a screen.. But that involves a level of configuration that does not exist outside Linux OS Distros...

... If you're well versed in setting up under that environment then set up your gear and stop suggesting stuff that was already stated by DE that its never going to happen due to the nature of the game... Again, you're free to set up your VR gear as a screen, with a 3D Stereo PoV if you want to, solely to your needs, but you can only do it under the only condition I've mentioned above.

... Now, let the subject die already, because these kinds of suggestions were already shut off by DE.

Well actually there use to be first person in Warframe years ago. It was a very hidden bug (at least to my knowledge very hidden) and often done on accident. As you can see below it would be amazing looking. There's clipping issues for sure but I remember when doing this it was very hard to play. This came down to the fact that the game was basically not designed for first person making the environment feel strange. Abilities also made it very hard to see as you can tell below. Also, since the movement has been changed to have bullet jumping etc it would be even more disorienting.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

The 360 degree view, changing how the HUD is anchored, changing the entire way we aim and move...  There's quite a bit more to converting a game like this to VR than you give it credit for.

100% correct. DE is a business and won't spend money on projects that won't bring a return. How would VR bring in revenue? Just the hard facts.

4DFABD065E8F0B60260B529E07E0C8164AC7501CCC474FEF615059112F49406E97F2887892B9CD40D16B52356C67547DBE43BFF490968ED0C875796DAA53E3C654F42C6E9E1606E0CFFB7DC047F61643

• 1 month later...
On 2021-03-16 at 6:00 AM, -BG-StormFighter117 said:

Well actually there use to be first person in Warframe years ago. It was a very hidden bug (at least to my knowledge very hidden) and often done on accident. As you can see below it would be amazing looking. There's clipping issues for sure but I remember when doing this it was very hard to play. This came down to the fact that the game was basically not designed for first person making the environment feel strange. Abilities also made it very hard to see as you can tell below. Also, since the movement has been changed to have bullet jumping etc it would be even more disorienting.

100% correct. DE is a business and won't spend money on projects that won't bring a return. How would VR bring in revenue? Just the hard facts.

4DFABD065E8F0B60260B529E07E0C8164AC7501CCC474FEF615059112F49406E97F2887892B9CD40D16B52356C67547DBE43BFF490968ED0C875796DAA53E3C654F42C6E9E1606E0CFFB7DC047F61643

I know this is an old topic, but VR could definetly bring money to the table, because the VR community is big, also oculus and vive would even possibly race to get a right to be a partner in project. I mean, warframe if developed as a VR game would bring VR players to the community or those who think about buying a VR to buy VR which is the goal of vive and oculus as well as any VR producer.

It would definetly bring money to the table. Just a hard project to do.(Actually as a programer, no, not really that hard... they just have to offset the camera and make the head of the model disappear not to disturb the VR player. Then bind the controls to the controllers which btw have many keys that can be bound to, at least they have almost as many as a ps controller so it is duable. Not to mention that hand and other movement also just needs the position of models to be replaced AND you can anytime attach a VR interface for extra buttons...)

And I never talk about disorientation and the so called "Vr fatigue" because I have NEVER experienced it under 3 years. Yeah sure some people could, but i can spend 10-12 hours in VR without any effect.

I would love to have a VR game set in the Warframe universe, but not from the perspective of the Warframes. Something more like Star Wars Republic Commando or Band of Brothers where we could explore the setting from the perspective of a more conventional avatar. Corpus Mercenaries, Grineer Nightwatch Corps, Syndicate Agents, Lotus Operatives, Solaris United Insurgents. Consider that Lotus, Ballas, and the Twin Queens use Transference to observe, communicate, and occasionally mind control people. Operators could do the same thing up to and including managing a network of contacts across the system in the same way Lotus did. Lead a squad of Steel Meridian clones to raid an underground cloning lab. Directly control their ranking officer while commanding their subordinates. Wreak havoc on the enemy using the Operator's connection to the Void.

Well, I think it would be cool...

Remember in Ready Player One during the Great Battle of The Oasis, the little kids whose avatars were the TMNTs were flipping and jumping in real life? You people really need to get over your motion sickness (just teasing 😋). But it does go away after repeated uses.

Also OP i don’t understand, why is it in 3rd person view? If we’re the operator, wouldn’t we be in first person? And the operator is interacting with the Warframe in first person, so everything would be first person. 

On 2021-03-15 at 4:51 PM, KnossosTNC said:

With the movement... ...I think it's just going to cause people to spontaneously grow new orifices to vomit out of.

OP said from the perspective of the operator  sitting in their pod aboard the orbiter. What he’s asking for is to be immersed inside that pod while looking at a virtual screen that displays the exact same perspective we get already. You’re just regurgitating the exact same response to any vaguely vr-related thread that’s popped up here without regard to the specifics, probably because you want to get the first response in so you can farm upvotes.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Rebel-sonie said:

Remember in Ready Player One during the Great Battle of The Oasis, the little kids whose avatars were the TMNTs were flipping and jumping in real life? You people really need to get over your motion sickness (just teasing 😋). But it does go away after repeated uses.

Also OP i don’t understand, why is it in 3rd person view? If we’re the operator, wouldn’t we be in first person? And the operator is interacting with the Warframe in first person, so everything would be first person. 

There's actually people that get sick from playing first person games and not for third person games. There's a distinct advantage for your target audience having a third person experience.

6 hours ago, Shadowbladedeathkiller said:

OP said from the perspective of the operator  sitting in their pod aboard the orbiter. What he’s asking for is to be immersed inside that pod while looking at a virtual screen that displays the exact same perspective we get already. You’re just regurgitating the exact same response to any vaguely vr-related thread that’s popped up here without regard to the specifics, probably because you want to get the first response in so you can farm upvotes.

Nowhere did the OP mention a screen, which is not mentioned in the lore and is merely a representation of what the Operator sees. In fact, the OP specifically said that "you can see everything  what's around you." First person or third person, you're going to have to deal with the motion.

I frequent and post in another forum that has no upvote system. I don't give one flying somersaulting toss about upvotes.

2 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

First person or third person, you're going to have to deal with the motion.

It's really not that big a deal... The kind of motion that causes sickness is motion that the player doesn't expect to experience. For example if I made your full body VR character slowly rotate in place, it'd make you sick because your real body says "I'm standing still" and your eyes say "I'm rotating". That disconnect is what causes motion sickness in VR. You can get around that by making sure the player is grounded in the game and in general not being a wangblow and jerking the player's head around. If I instead put your full body VR character on a slowly rotating platform, and make it clear that your character was standing on that platform, it won't be totally unnoticeable but it also won't make you motionsick because your body and eyes can agree to what's happening. Same with movement, as long as what the player sees and expects line up there's no particular issue. Quick Google so you know I'm not just making this up: https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-reduce-motion-sickness-virtual-reality/

Experts think motion sickness is primarily caused by a mismatch between cues sent to your brain. If your eyes see one thing and your inner ear is experiencing another, you might experience nausea, explains Adrian Priesol, an otoneurologist in the Division of Vestibular Disorders at Mass Eye and Ear. "Sitting in the back seat of a moving vehicle maximizes this sensory mismatch and can make symptoms worse," he explains. "In the case of VR, the sensory mismatch is the converse: Visual stimulation is sending a signal to the brain that the person is in motion, while balance organ signals indicate the person is not."

In Warframe, when does the camera move without your input? Pretty much only from screenshake. If you bullet jump, does your camera spin 360 degrees around your body? No, it keeps the same heading. If you get knocked down, does your camera swing around into the floor? No, it keeps the same heading. So why would it be different in VR? A VR Warframe doesn't have to be designed in an obviously-poor way. Really the only place I can think of that would cause spinning would be on a few of the spinning objects you can stand on, any you could just... not spin the player. 🤷‍♀️

If it were in first person Warframe would be the same as a game like Pavlov, just faster. Like Stormland or something:

If it were third person from the perspective of the Operator on the Orbiter like in an on-the-couch PSVR kind of setup there might need to be a little extra effort put into grounding you as the Operator but nothing that would be impossible. 3rd person VR works surprisingly well depending on the setup.

With the parkour and speed of everything from operator void dashing to archwing, VR would just be a nauseating mess. It would have to be a separate bare bones version that few people would play. Because of that, I'm certain it won't happen.

Archived