Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Absolutely inexcusable treatment of the female frames which MUST be addressed.

Stalker

We were all gaslighted. We were all tricked, deceived, and lied to. They got away, time and time again, with the same charade; over, and over, and over again.

But I noticed. I, alone, will shine a light on this treachery, this crime.

I spent many scorching days and many chilling nights doing the math. "Who am I?" At times, I even lost the answer to this question. I would frequently starve, eating nothing for days on end, simply out of the sheer determination I demonstrated to get through the trials presented to me; for the second I discovered this great lie, I realized I would have to reveal the truth to the public as soon as possible, with as much haste as the gods would grant me. The community- nay, the world, deserves to know.

It's simple, really; and yet, it was so unfathomable to me as to why we were left in the dark.

There are a disproportionate amount of thick male frames to female frames.

Yes, I know. You're probably shuddering at the thought of it. You're quaking with fear, are you not? I can't blame you. I, too, did the same.

And to you doubters, whom are incapable of acknowledging this simple truth; behold, my proof.

zhNOyVc.png You see this? This is the average thickness of a female frame. RDEgCyT.png

Yes, that's right. Taking into account even Hildryn, this is the average. Funnily enough, Nyx is also the third thickest warframe; second is Nova by an incredibly small margin, and first, of course, is Hildryn.

Now, before I get to the comparison between the sexes of the frames, let's talk inherent issues. Yes, even now, we're overflowing with issues. It shall become an avalanche once we tackle the male frames, so let's start slow, rational, calm, relaxed, and steady.

You see, the female frames actually, technically speaking, have ZERO thick frames. "But what about Hildryn?" You, uneducated, unaware, completely misinformed and foolish, may ask. Well, my fellow brothers and sisters, behold yet another simple truth: Hildryn is not thick. She is not fat. She is muscular. "Oh, very clever, idiot, but that still constitutes thickness!" You, the frivolous fool in this conversation, may assert; yet you would be dead wrong! For the definition of thickness may simply describe shape, but when applied to a body, it undeniably refers to the fat on one's body!

Now, you may calm down. See, even if you disagree with my sentiment (even though it is undeniable fact) regarding what constitutes thickness, it matters not. What matters the most is that, directly behind Hildryn's frame stands both Nyx and Nova in an incredibly close proximity. I won't even have to bother showing you an image of Nova's frame; simply take Nyx's, and add a 3 pixel wide curve to her lower abdomen only, and you will have Nova. No, you see, the problem lies with the stark contrast in comparison between male and female frames.

Be warned; what I am about to show you may completely shock you. You may feel unbelievable amounts of disgust. I would not blame you if you wanted to jump off the tallest building in your vicinity after reading this, but I urge you not to give up; I cannot fight against this corruption alone. I need all the help I can get to fix this unforgivable crime that has been commit against us.

Behold; the appalling truth.

pVUjxSr.png Do you see what I'm seeing? I'm sure you are. Behold; the average thickness of the male frames. M3Wk0cF.png

You're probably vomiting right now. Gurgling blood, maybe even. Anxiety attacks, possibly even aneurysms. I can understand your pain, your rage, though I implore you to sit, and listen.

It only gets worse.

Now that you've seen the average size of the male frames, let us perform a count. This count will ascertain just how many male frames are thicker than Nyx and Nova are. The math will be simple; it will take into account both width and length of the frame's frame. Should either be wider than Nyx's, it shall count for the male frames.

Now, behold! https://imgur.com/a/kZefDIe

This album showcases it all. That's right; Excalibur, Loki, Rhino, Frost, Oberon, Vauban, Hydroid, Wukong, Nidus, Grendel, and Lavos. I've taken the liberty of not including Chroma, given that his pelt-less form, his true self, is indeed smaller than most other frames, Nyx included.

And there you have it, folks. 11 to 1. Eleven Men. One Hildryn. That is your comparison. That is the crime.

We were given butts after butts. Mesa Prime. Ivara. Wisp... They tried to blind us with lies. Blind us to this unbelievable, criminal truth, which continues to break us all.

Loathe I am to even say it... it is the truth, so I shall. The men are thicker than the women.

So next time you dare utter that Mesa Prime is "Dummy Thicc", as the sheep might call it, remember this. Remember this painful truth, and keep on remembering it. Fuel that anger with fire. They can kill a million of us to suppress the truth, but you must let it be known. You alone can change a world full of people who don't want change; people who are unaware of the good it would bring.

When they tell you that you're exaggerating, you know what you must do. Swat away at these lies, as plenty shall be made. Your work will be endless. Tireless. Thankless, even; but still, you must persevere. Persevere as I have, having spent painstaking eons to showcase what I have learned. Should you ever ask yourself, "What could it mean, that I'm reading this here?", know that it is not useless. We can make a difference, you and I. We can break out of this deception, this painful lie.

Follow your heart. Those who have weaved this web of deceit believe they are a special breed. They believe they're above us; high lords who could kill a million of us without even a shrug. It is our mission to unveil this truth; to kick them down from their criminal towers.

Justice for the female frames. Justice for TRUE thickness, not this... this hokey pokey crock of garbage. The lies end today, here, and now.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

15 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Male Warframes aren't nearly as bulky as they get stereotyped as. Rhino and Atlas get all the attention, but look at Lavos. Look at Ash. Look at Chroma without his pelt. They're as small as you accuse the female frames of being

Okay, this post was a joke, but Lavos is bulky as hell, I dunno what to tell ya. Also, the point I was making still stands even with that claim; it's not that there aren't any male frames as small as the female frames, but that there's a disproportionate amount of large male frames to large, or even medium-sized female frames.

Spoiler talk about how Warframes are made:

Spoiler

I admittedly still don't fully understand how warframes are made; as far as I've read, they're all instances of humans, Orokin, Dax, etc. They specifically picked the strongest people they could find, according to the Warframe wiki. I'm going to assume, given the existing frames, that "strength" didn't refer to their bone mass or muscle density, but rather their body's ability to incorporate the Helminth strain that Ballas gave them. After all, Mag is tiny, Ivara was likely picked because she was maybe a good assassin or something (same with Ash, I assume?) and yadda yadda, you get the idea. We're not really told about any of this stuff much, so yeah. With that in mind, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that the female frames, just like the male frames, weren't always necessarily swole muscle-men or skinny frail assassins, but somewhere in between? There are thousands of examples of humans who are average, maybe even slightly above average in size, yet still incredibly capable in, say, swordplay, martial arts, etc.

It's also likely that a few of them were picked based on intellect; Limbo, Mag, Volt, Nova, Nyx, etc. they all come to mind. They're not very strong, and their abilities are strictly based around intelligently manipulating the void to use what an external viewer could assume is magic. Void wizardry. Nyx and Nova are the closest frames that exist to showcasing that not all frames are chosen based solely on body strength, but on the ability for their bodies to adhere to the Helminth strain. Who knows if they're even picked for any actual external reason aside from that? Judging from the text, I'm led to believe that a Warframe's power is unique to the Operator, the Tenno controlling it. Actually, I'm just short circuiting now, I think I've read three different contradictions in the Warframe lore in the last five minutes.

Anyways, point still stands. According loosely to the game's own lore of how Warfarmes are made, their body size isn't a variable, just another part of what they have to offer when they're forcibly taken and turned into Warframes by Ballas.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)IIIIRED1IIII said:

Never thought the day would come I would stumble across a whole essay about female warframe assest. Tbh the female frame looks clearly thicker than the make frame in that picture.

I'm surprised I'm the first to do this, I thought this kind of S#&$posting would've been a bored topic, honestly. Also, it might look thicker when you focus on the thighs, but the stomach is clearly significantly smaller in both width and length. Also, do look at the imgur link; I realize now that it kinda blends in to my insane rambling, so I'll edit the post and highlight it. That album should definitely showcase what I'm talking about.

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

His gloves, maybe. The rest of him is an average man

Even in his average size, he's still just a smidgen bigger than Nyx and Nova in the stomach department. His legs are noticeably smaller, though; overall, he's smaller than Nyx if you consider strictly their stomach and legs, I'll give you that. Still, even if Lavos is out of the count, there are 10 male frames outdoing everyone below just 1 Hildryn in size; not that it really matters, this is a S#&$post, but I'm gonna stick to my guns regardless :^)

12 hours ago, Rage_Inducer said:

I've saved this glorious post as a txt file, readjusted the format and now I can run a script and this whole thing will be simultaneously played in my minecraft server and the linked discord channel.

Thank you for your contribution; the world must know this incredibly important act of deception. We must all help each other wake up. You've set an example for the rest of us.

Well, let's face it. You know what sells, right? It's a 3 letter word that ends in x. A bunch of well fed behemoths is not what draws in the male population of gaming. They want Lara Croft not Rebel Wilson. Let me tell you, as a female gamer, I get tired of seeing scrawny, undernourished male characters, but that's just my taste. So far, in this game, the ultimate of ultimates as far as frames go is Hydroid Prime. Built enough to protect his Lady Fair, fit enough to survive a real battle.

Want a visual? 6'8" 235lbs. A certain someone in particular for me.

Now, some of you like a non threatening guy, a white knight, if you will. Same as those that like the "dummy thicc" lady frames. To each their own, I prefer my male frames to have gone through puberty and eat meat on a regular basis, maybe hit the gym three nights a week. Call me a snob, yep guilty as charged. But, this is a video game after all, coded numbers, not real life.

Just my 2 cents here. A female point if view, if you will.

Bigger ladies, I can get behind that.  But let's also go the other way and get some more lithe dudes.  Put all this gender stuff in a blender and then soak in the resulting slurry!

Also please make at least one Warframe that's a T-rex, I don't care what gender that one is as long as it's thicc.

The game is already packed full of "lithe" male frames. Ok, so ninjas aren't linebackers, but the operators are already kids, the frames need to be capable of framing, not get a stress fracture from stepping off the curb.

Again, my 2 cents, we're almost at a nickel. 

Give me an Odin character frame please, big beast of a Scandinavian God. Base him off Hydroid build and please include the one eye.

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)OdinsDottir said:

~snip~

Kind of agree? I mean, exaggeration of "well fed behemoths" aside, the only thing I'd disagree with here is that lithe = non-threatening. We are supposed to be space-ninjas, after all, and I have lots of reason to believe that ninjas weren't exactly "thicc". Their size should obviously be adherent to their design, but the problem I've discovered, which is why I went about making this thread, is that, while all the male frames have sizes to match their theme, the female frames don't.

Mag, for example, is incredibly limber. She's a mage-frame based around magnetism. Mages, typically, in all media, are not skinny. Wizard types, mages, etc. they're not large or anything; not even fat, just at the very least, average sized. Mag is less than that; she's almost skeletal, and her frame design genuinely makes her look skeletal, too. I mean, that helmet is... yeesh.

A couple other examples are:

• Trinity; healers, priests, clerics, etc. also have the same "usually never skinny" trope in most media. Meanwhile, Trinity's as frail as hell, aside from her very unfitting crab-tail.
  • Nyx; she's only big relative to the other female frames. Given her name, her design; hell, everything about her, really, Nyx is not only not "thicc" enough, but she's also not thick enough.  Most depictions of the "Goddess of the Night" in ancient Greece will show you that she was curvy and slightly chubby. I do understand that Nyx's Warframe is literally meant to be a genderbent Excalibur, but still, y'know? It's been quite some time and some old Warframes have seen visual improvements; why not start slightly redesigning a few?

That makes three female frames, compared to 0 male frames, who have body sizes that don't match their design. Really, that's my only issue, as well as the fact that we haven't gotten a single Warframe that's got some infested-metal meat on their non-existent bones. It doesn't make sense according to their own lore;

Spoiler

As I mentioned earlier, Warframes are created by introducing the Helminth strain to people who are seen as strong in a certain aspect. Whether that means it's about their capability in whatever they do, (assassins, warriors, etc.) their knowledge, (healers, chemists, etc.) or even if it's just their body's ability to withstand the strain without complete destruction, we don't know for sure, but no matter the way, the end result should still be that certain frames had chunkier Helminth Strain hosts. Cases like Inaros, where they appear desiccated, or Xaku, where they're fragmented, are definitely unique, given the rather normal appearances of almost all the other frames: Hildryn likely had a female body builder as a host, Rhino a male body builder, Grendel a sumo wrestler, Gauss a runner, Ivara and Ash were assassins; you get the idea.

Because of the consistency that exists with other frames, it surprises me that the Warframe design team would abandon that consistency for just a few frames. Granted, they were the first frames in the game, so it could just be that they're not to redesign old frames; no way for me to know. I'd love to talk to the WF design team, though, share some of my thoughts, but most importantly, see what their thoughts are behind each frame's design.

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)OdinsDottir said:

The game is already packed full of "lithe" male frames. Ok, so ninjas aren't linebackers, but the operators are already kids, the frames need to be capable of framing, not get a stress fracture from stepping off the curb.

To be fair, even Xaku is capable of absorbing millions of bullets without so much as a dent to their frame, so I don't think we gotta worry about stress fractures :P

Though, again, I get where you come from. What you wish for, I'm basically wishing for the reverse. Been so long where all we get are female frames with huge dump trucks, back to back to back. Something more down to earth would be nice, y'know? Yeah, yeah, we're in space, I get it; but you get what I mean.

Alot depends on the frame and what skin you are using.

Saryn is thick no matter what because thats her design. Nova is really petite unless you use her second deluxe skin.  Zephyr has no real thickness at all since her deaigns bizzare. Only octis deluxe skin gives her curves.

Those are some examples.  Even most male a skin or two that either bulks them up. Or at least shows off the pecks and abbs.

Stalker,

I definitely understand your point. Less ummm European runway model and more....everyone's general idea of the average midwest girl. The 'that girl isn't afraid of dessert on a first date' kind of girl. Yeah, I get ya. 

The opposite gender of what I'm saying. 

As I generally steer clear of the female frames since most are just too weird looking for me, well most of the frames have at least one issue I don't like, the only one I keep aside is Ivara, for her skills, she's a little more healthy weight wise, but the way she carries herself is more Bridge Troll than Beauty Queen.

Less TikTok gamer girl and more 'your Great Aunt who's an awesome cook.'

For males, here ya go, look up the lead singer of Type O Negative. Giant of a dude. Capable of space ninjaing with ease.

Archived