Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to properly play Railjack Corpus Veil solo

Vit0Corleone

4 minutes ago, Rantear said:

What a great ship you have, would be a shame if someone were to.... Ring your doorbell.
Seriously, why does when i try to do that, i always get boarded.....

I'm also not saying this for no reason.
DO NOT ask for nerf of the crew, best solution is to give ramsleds evasion against AI gunners, engineer will eventually go down, if ship gets boarded repeatedly, while being constantly shot by the crewships.

That's not a bad idea.

I would agree, in general, that it is preferable to add challenge instead of nerfing things.

1 hour ago, Brinstar7777 said:

An idea to fix this: reinforcements. As the mission progresses, enemies will gradually become more numerous and increase in level. The end result is that if you go AFK for too long, the enemy will cause a hull breach that the crew doesn't have the resources to repair and the mission will end.

Unless I'm mistaken, Engineer Crew don't use resources to fix breaches, they just take longer to do so.

45 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Well, I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Took me one hour to fully max out all the t3 Railjack components/armaments and get all the mods. Basically by not playing.

In comparison, when Railjack first released, this would have taken weeks of actively playing.

I think the purpose of a game is to play it.

on the other hand, railjack is actually fun enough to actively play (solo) now, compared to when railjack first released, when an afk farm like this would have been more fun than actually playing the game (solo)

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I want my ship to not die off when I have to leave it :P that's my hope with command.. Tell me please that that's also the case with the update 😢 

tbh the Command system is very basic only, you cant even order your engineer to craft specific things in the forge. instead they run around cluelessly most of the time just waiting for something to get damaged. its poorly designed, just a fact

Some mods are pumping the turret damage way higher than they should. Specifically, the turret-bane mods. I put just the Worm/Granum mods as my only turret damage mods, removed all the others, and I get the same results as the video. I believe there are also a few other mods that result in broken damage numbers as well, but I haven't personally tried them.

My normal build with 5-6 turret damage mods performs pretty good, but instead of the targets getting wiped out in 1 shot, they take a few shots each. Which IMO is reasonably fair for a maxed out ship with maxed out turrets and a maxed out crew and a maxed out plexis geared almost entirely toward turret damage.

DE if you're reading this, I hope you FIRST fix the broken mods before retuning turrets and revisiting the Gunner AI.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Oh come on.. I've been waiting for command for ages now.. Don't get it utterly nerfed into uselessness before it even launched on console.. 

He's doing it on purpose. He "knows what's best" for every single warframe player and is on a mission to make warframe perfect for us.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

He's doing it on purpose. He "knows what's best" for every single warframe player and is on a mission to make warframe perfect for us.

actuall he dont know jack, bruh 😅

vor 51 Minuten schrieb BlacksheepMVP:

DE if you're reading this, I hope you FIRST fix the broken mods before retuning turrets and revisiting the Gunner AI.

and what exactly needs to be improved here?
ingenious AI like with pets? afk things that stand in the corner most of the time with the best dmg mods?

I'm slowly believing that I ended up in an asylum with masochists. 🤦‍♂️

5 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Put a Zetki Talyn MK3 on your ventral turrets, and 2 rank 5 gunners.

Boom, done. The game plays itself.

DE really didn't think this one through.

I prefer the Photor for the gunners if you use the right build they insta kill everything including grineer crewships, change one mod and boom ready for corpus.

4 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

That's not true. I welcome difficulty very much. I loved the challenging Railjack on release, finished everything before DE made it easy with the first "revisit".

My remark was related to how entire Railjack planets are locked behind Mechs/Deimos, since it's not possible to progress beyond Neptune if you don't own one.

I will be able to progress in 3 days when my Mech finishes building. Waiting isn't "hard", it's just annoying and makes no sense for Mechs to block Railjack progression. But that's just my opinion, so YMMV.

I would love for the ability to play on release railjack again.

6 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Do you want to play the game, or watch Netflix? :P

Before the "railjack shelved" I refuse to call it "railjack rework" in its current state, cynical I am; anyway given the number of players that used to pop onto my railjack and just stand there afk or worse go into a gun turret or main cannon turret and sit there afk whilst I and any contributing player completed the mission... I would say there is a certain number of players don't want to actually play railjack.

That aside the balance of the crew is always going to be a bit difficult. Given that in the initial railjack release (when it was much harder, enemy ships had more health and wasn't taken out so easily) I could still solo it with prudent use of void hole, remote repair and just specter to deal with boarders. Adding NPC to help with the mode would just make it even easier..

So it's a very difficult thing to balance, the only thing I could suggest to deal with the sheer power of the gunners and discourage the AFK behavior you show in the video is literally have the loot drops from NPC gunners drop down to zero or have a much smaller percentage chance drop than if a player had downed the ship... (kinda similar to the afk script that is in defense missions)

8 minutes ago, Skye_Archer said:

Before the "railjack shelved" I refuse to call it "railjack rework" in its current state, cynical I am; anyway given the number of players that used to pop onto my railjack and just stand there afk or worse go into a gun turret or main cannon turret and sit there afk whilst I and any contributing player completed the mission... I would say there is a certain number of players don't want to actually play railjack.

That aside the balance of the crew is always going to be a bit difficult. Given that in the initial railjack release (when it was much harder, enemy ships had more health and wasn't taken out so easily) I could still solo it with prudent use of void hole, remote repair and just specter to deal with boarders. Adding NPC to help with the mode would just make it even easier..

So it's a very difficult thing to balance, the only thing I could suggest to deal with the sheer power of the gunners and discourage the AFK behavior you show in the video is literally have the loot drops from NPC gunners drop down to zero or have a much smaller percentage chance drop than if a player had downed the ship... (kinda similar to the afk script that is in defense missions)

IMHO, this isn't really a issue of difficulty, easy vs hard or how to balance that. That is a very different discussion I think.

The issue I raised is simply the fact that you can afk and the game basically plays by itself.

If it was easy, but you still had to actively play it, that would be a different discussion.

53 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

IMHO, this isn't really a issue of difficulty, easy vs hard or how to balance that. That is a very different discussion I think.

The issue I raised is simply the fact that you can afk and the game basically plays by itself.

If it was easy, but you still had to actively play it, that would be a different discussion.

i think it would be better if you elaborated on what incentive players have to actually do this.

railjack wreckage in and of itself is basically just a single purchase that you never have to spend resources on again. that's an issue that obsoletes itself, and which never actually presents itself if you're focusing on the rarer railjack objective rewards instead.

my concern would be more specific to the fact that you got like 10k endo worth of wreckage for free while AFK, and endo has a rough platinum value.

3 hours ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

Out of curiosity, how were you able to Kill the Crewships with the directional forcefields while AFK? Did you have to actively kill those first?

I'd assume that would have been a blocker.

Perhaps always keep Crewships entering the battlefield, even after hitting the Crewships destroyed goal?

You can ignore the corpus crewships for the most part the gunners strip the shield and one tycho makes them sitting ducks spend a dome charge or don't after that point the gunners will keep them non functioning, or kill them if you haven't started the primary goal the fighters keep spawning. If you use Photors and are doing grineer the gunners will actually kill the crewships with the turrets.

I should probably mention I do not condone afk game play, and do not engage in such practices either. I prefer actively playing, as the other IMO is exploiting.  

12 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I want my ship to not die off when I have to leave it :P that's my hope with command.. Tell me please that that's also the case with the update 😢 

Kind of. I have a ship with 10k health so already I'm way too tanky for any content but also with Zekti Apoc the gunners take down any small ship in seconds.

11 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Kind of. I have a ship with 10k health so already I'm way too tanky for any content but also with Zekti Apoc the gunners take down any small ship in seconds.

Truth be told even the sigma 3 armor from the dojo holds up ok inthe Veil missions. Slapping a maxed out Vidar turns the ship into a flying "F U, you cant touch this" as far as the enemy is concerned from what I've seen

5 hours ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

Out of curiosity, how were you able to Kill the Crewships with the directional forcefields while AFK? Did you have to actively kill those first?

I'd assume that would have been a blocker.

I killed them first myself. It's only 2 crewships, and they don't respawn.

But even if they did respawn .. RJ is so strong, and ramsleds die instantly, I'm not sure if it would make any difference tbh.

5 hours ago, continue said:

i think it would be better if you elaborated on what incentive players have to actually do this.

I did 1 AFK session, and with that single session maxed all my t3.

I also got all mods available.

In something like 1h-2h ( sorry I didn't write that down sadly - not sure how long it took ) I got 302 t3 wreckage. I don't know how much endo that turns into, but it's probably a lot.

All of this without playing, 100% afk except for picking up the loot every 5 minutes or so.

I don't know if in your view this would qualify as "incentive", but for me it tells me I can just leave the game running in the background and it will play itself. It's a incentive to not to play? :P

16 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

I think this is the way to make railjack more accessible and fun as you actually progress through farming and upgrading your equipment.

16 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Does combat rank affect their dmg via turrets, that's what i want to know? If so gunnery/combat 5 would be very strong.

Archived