Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to properly play Railjack Corpus Veil solo

Vit0Corleone

3 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I did 1 AFK session, and with that single session maxed all my t3.

I also got all mods available.

In something like 1h-2h ( sorry I didn't write that down sadly - not sure how long it took ) I got 302 t3 wreckage. I don't know how much endo that turns into, but it's probably a lot.

as i said, i don't think maxing all t3 and getting all mods available is an issue, because that would happen from just playing the game normally, which is much more enjoyable and completely loses its value after you have done it a single time. 

the endo, however, is a real incentive. 300*225 = 67500 endo. that is a value that can be converted into platinum and has real ramifications for the game's market. 

you're welcome, your argument is much stronger now

2 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

Does combat rank affect their dmg via turrets, that's what i want to know? If so gunnery/combat 5 would be very strong.

Accuracy and heat accression from gunnery.

Combat rank increases damage with regular weapons, I don't think it has an effect on turrets.

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

Accuracy and heat accression from gunnery.

Combat rank increases damage with regular weapons, I don't think it has an effect on turrets.

Yea it says so on the wiki too, just checked. That means gunners are easy to get, just 5 gunnery and nothing else lol, i alrdy have 2 with 5 combat as well thought it might do something 

4 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

Does combat rank affect their dmg via turrets, that's what i want to know? If so gunnery/combat 5 would be very strong.

No oddly enough it doesn't, as I have tested that. The strange thing is one of my r5 gunners is an ace compared to my others. His point spread should not be affecting it because he has pilot and endurance. I am wondering if some factions are inherently better at some things as he is red veil, I already know that crewmembers have random base stats and have proven that in a video, so making the jump to some factions having different multipliers we can't see could be a thing. I plan on testing if gunner has an effect on combat for Crew members on call later today because of something I noticed with my current two Crew members I built specifically for on Call duty. No don't ask how many crewmembers I have it's more than any sane person would that is for sure.

21 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Do you want to play the game, or watch Netflix? :P

Your OP is misleading, or rather which Corpus node spawns only fighters without other objectives? Next time instead of making a misleading video, TIME yourself SOLO in a Corpus mission from START to FINISH and post the results here. Then we can reasonably discuss, not until. If you can do whole missions solo in under 5 minutes, then that should be looked at, but if it takes closer to 10 or more minutes per mission, working as intended. If there is a "kill the fighters only" skirmish option, then that should probably be looked at, but I haven't seen that yet. If there are missions that perma spawn fighters after objectives are done, that is the first place to nerf.

That said, admittedly the "time to lock" on AI gunners is too fast atm. There should be an initial X period of fighter invulnerability after spawn, 5 seconds or so, and then AI gunners should have a more "human like" interval between moving to next target, 2 or 3 seconds. 

Next, something is off with the new faction specific turret bonus mods. Those mods need to be reviewed.

Next, the new rarer mods that increase range and projectile speed and Crimson Fugue are indeed very powerful. Should they be that powerful? Not my call, but they should be relatively powerful because they are rare.

I have not tested yet, but believe that slightly slower, but nearly as effective human gunners using all the new mods, the old turret mods from a stable ship and the Talyn (or several other options) could be tested to see if the problem is in the gunner AI or in the mods/guns. I have a strong hunch that decent human gunners could achieve similar results without the available turret buffs and Gunner 10, so that implies more a mod/gun and fighter health problem than an AI problem.

1 minute ago, Buttaface said:

Your OP is misleading, or rather which Corpus node spawns only fighters without other objectives? Next time instead of making a misleading video, TIME yourself SOLO in a Corpus mission from START to FINISH and post the results here. Then we can reasonably discuss, not until. If you can do whole missions solo in under 5 minutes, then that should be looked at, but if it takes closer to 10 or more minutes per mission, working as intended.

I think you misunderstood the whole point of the OP.

It's not about how long it takes to do xyz. It's about doing it AFK for as long as you want as the game plays itself.

Put the game in the background, go do something else, come back every 10 minutes or whatever to pick up loot, repeat.

If you want to be fast and efficient farming stuff, you're much better off setting up a squad and going to R-9 on the Veil. But that actually requires, you know, playing the game.

Just now, Vit0Corleone said:

I think you misunderstood the whole point of the OP.

It's not about how long it takes to do xyz. It's about doing it AFK for as long as you want as the game plays itself.

Put the game in the background, go do something else, come back every 10 minutes or whatever to pick up loot, repeat.

If you want to be fast and efficient farming stuff, you're much better off setting up a squad and going to R-9 on the Veil. But that actually requires, you know, playing the game.

Then the fix is simple, curtail perma spawning for fighters in corpus missions, something that should have done pre patch. Problem solved in one sentence.

This is just like many other things in WF over the years such as the Vault bounties prefix and other endless loot caves. The simple solution is to remove the infinite respawning.

1 minute ago, Nichivo said:

I am wondering if some factions are inherently better at some things as he is red veil, I already know that crewmembers have random base stats and have proven that in a video, so making the jump to some factions having different multipliers we can't see could be a thing.

I am also curious about this. My Steel Meridian girl has an idle animation of mimicking a fighter dog fight with her hands (just needs onomotopia sounds: "FE-eeew...pooom"). So I made her my pilot. But I really wonder about hidden stats.

29 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I am also curious about this. My Steel Meridian girl has an idle animation of mimicking a fighter dog fight with her hands (just needs onomotopia sounds: "FE-eeew...pooom"). So I made her my pilot. But I really wonder about hidden stats.

That is why I am going to be testing more. I know for a fact they have random base stats it's how one of the on calls I got reached 4.3k health, the average for 5 endurance seems to be mid 3k. You actually have to do the math before you get them from ticker.

6 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

I imagine DE will nerf pulsors by making them projectile weapons and decreasing gunner accuracy .

Decreasing gunner accuracy will do NOTHING.

They need to add how fast they acquire the targets. Grab an MK1 Photors, go to the Veil, sit outside the ship and see how the beams SNAPS around even if its wiggling like crazy.

The AI needs to have a turning time instead of of doing Aimbot snaps.

21 hours ago, Corvid said:

Unless I'm mistaken, Engineer Crew don't use resources to fix breaches, they just take longer to do so.

Oh, forgot that. However, there's another factor: As the enemies  gradually grow in numbers and level, it will become increasingly difficult for the crew to fend off the boarding parties and foes. After a certain threshhold, the enemies will be able to utterly massacre any defenders. They will then blow up the engine and the mission will end.

8 hours ago, DrBorris said:

This is only a problem if the only thing defining the success of a mission is killing enemy fighters.

If only there were a variety of objectives that were explicitly not killing fighters.

But then the game mode would be called "Warframe", not "Railjack".

I'm fine with them changing this once they fix the bane mods damage bonus and make all the stupidly low mod drop rates 10x higher then see how it works.

Currently the bane mods seem to add an absurd multiplier to your damage. Without the bane mod my crew didn't do much damage to a grineer crew ship to the point it would have taken 20+ seconds to kill it, with the bane mod they 1 shot it every time.

Idk what exactly is going on with the multiplier, but it seems to add 2000% damage and not 20%.

On 2021-03-23 at 3:44 PM, Vit0Corleone said:

A properly moded RJ with 2 gunners is all that it takes. The absurd amount of rewards for basically doing nothing ( except collecting loot every once in a while ) is insane.

I admit, with a balanced crew and an upgraded ship, you can pretty much fire and forget about your RJ during the missions. But that means a TON of other stuff you can/should be doing via your Arcwing, like boarding crewships, exploring the derelicts, nabbing secondary objectives, or just roaming around blasting fighters periodically with your Archgun. Honestly, the only real gripe is I would like to still have at least one Survival node that was purely fighters/crewships to blow up with the RJ.

But I can't complain when they gave us an actual decent Command AI crew that does their jobs.

3z61kTK.png

2 hours of intense Proxima gameplay right here, with me not even being at home. At some point AFK status kicks in I think, hence the lack of drops. T3 sigma armor, 2 modslots empty in plexus, unvalenced T3 zetki pulsars, T3 zetki shield, 2 T5 gunners and T5 engi with Arca Plasmor. Enjoy your AFK.

This is pathetic.

20 часов назад, LupoDWolf сказал:

I think that the problem  is that DE didn't expect us to stay floatin and not finish the mission, as corpus space section is smaller that Grinner

I think the problem is you literally can not die now. You can do absolutely #*!% all, you can even remove gunners for laughs - you still will be phisically unable to die. The RJ is absolutely immortal with engi alone, so it's impossible to fail the mission.

Am 23.3.2021 um 20:57 schrieb (XBOX)TyeGoo:

Oh come on.. I've been waiting for command for ages now.. Don't get it utterly nerfed into uselessness before it even launched on console.. 

You underestimate the complainers as it seems. They got a LOT of stuff nerfed the past years.

Archived