Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is trading with players safe anymore? Danger about Negative Platinum. Scammers escape while innocents get charged.

-_Six_-

You know about it? Maybe heared of it or even experienced it. NEGATIVE Platinum.

This happens when Platinum get "refounded" or better say, when the money that was used to buy this Platinum getting refounded, the Platinum will be removed and when the Number of the refounded Platinum is higher than your actual platinum value, than its "Game over" for your Account, because your blocked from entering the game with your account anymore until your "Negative Platinum" is out of the red numbers, trading is ofc not possible so you must grab deep into your wallets, because if your negative number is arround 300-500. Than you maybe ask your boss for a higher salary otherwise you will never get everything you have in Warframe back anymore. 

But what makes it so bad actually? If you refound your  own Platinum and bring yourself into negative numbers its normally your own fault, right? Well your wrong, because in the most case, its someone else who refound it. No joke, someone buy 1000 Plat for 45€ for example, trade it with someone and than refound it... who will be the one who get charged ? Yes... the one who has the Platinum acutal, and actual its someone innocent who had nothing to do with it. So to make  it simple, when it happens... you are forced to pay the charge of someone who just scam the system... Nice or? 

What does Support says to this? Do they help you? a official Voice Mail of an Admin in Warframe to a Player (i don't name them for privacy matters) :"Neither your trading partner refound the Platinum which been in your possession or you related illegal Platinum from a third party provider website" Simply put, however it was, your the one who has now the problems, now pay us.

For everyone who like to play Warframe and enjoy it, don't trust the trading system, you could be the next victim and will be forced for the decision: Pay heavily to free your account or starting Warframe over and lose everything. (Oh and just to know, when you being suspected of possessing "illegal" Platinum or you been charged for a refound of someone else and they give your account free so you can play again, all platinum *including your own platinum you earned honestly by trading or paying in Warframe* is also taken away. They might call it confiscation, even if  it's just another word for stealing)

DON'T TRUST TRADING - When you get a victim of it after you read this than remember, you been warned

1 minute ago, -Lekismon said:

who will be the one who get charged ? Yes... the one who has the Platinum acutal, and actual its someone innocent who had nothing to do with it. So to make  it simple, when it happens... you are forced to pay the charge of someone who just scam the system... Nice or? 

You are forgetting the one who did refund is getting perma banned for their intended misbehaviour

Always take screenshots when trading (with low MR players) and also keep some plat aside so you won't get into the negative.

Chances are small anyways. I'm trading on and off for 5 years now and made roughly 200k plat this way. Not a single one went missing. (I have a dedicated folder for my trading screenshots)

First rule, don't trade super large amounts of platinum at time. Nothing in this game is worth 500 plat or more.

Second rule, don't spend the plat right away, especially if it takes you down to less than what you received. This way if some did do a charge back you'll be safe from the negative platinum. 

As long as you follow those two rules you will be fine trading.

And your forgetting that there is no offical warning from sides Warframe about this, also who would came to the idea of screenshot every trade he/she perform and the most important point, if you really think that just the scammer get banned is the problems solved, you forget that the victim (the guy that been charged) still sits on his debts, sorry but your reply i truly can't believe by that amount of contradictions.

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

Wait... your traded platinum gets removed when a player refunds their platinum purchase after spending it? That's not right.

It actually is. That Platinum is no longer valid because the person that initially bought it got a refund. So that plat needs to go away. Again, don't immediately spend the plat you got in a trade. Wait a few days to make sure you still have it.

10 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You are forgetting the one who did refund is getting perma banned for their intended misbehaviour

Always take screenshots when trading (with low MR players) and also keep some plat aside so you won't get into the negative.

Chances are small anyways. I'm trading on and off for 5 years now and made roughly 200k plat this way. Not a single one went missing. (I have a dedicated folder for my trading screenshots)

This is a good idea! Maybe I should go back to trade one more time

5 minutes ago, -Lekismon said:

you forget that the victim (the guy that been charged) still sits on his debts, sorry but your reply i truly can't believe by that amount of contradictions.

hence the screenshots? you can prove to support exactly where/why your plat was removed and they will restore what was lost. 

Except you go full berserk mode and insult them in your initial ticket

You don't trust my words? Well, don't then. I am not forcing them on you

Thats correct RazerXPrime, when someone refound his Platinum AFTER he traded with you, you will be charged because YOU own the Platinum that will be refounded for the transaction. A joke is that not, matters like that you find in forum when you enter in the search "Negative Platinum"

Just leave a small buffer of plat in case some gets removed. Never understood why people trade and feel the need to instantly spend all of it minutes after receiving it.

Although, I have never experienced plat being removed after 2-ish years of trading. I also take screenshots with the confirmation screen and whisper tab open on bigger purchases. That way no one can claim "I didn't want it, I didn't get what I asked for, or I didn't agree to it" type of excuse. 

Gerade eben schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

hence the screenshots? you can prove to support exactly where/why your plat was removed and they will restore what was lost. 

Except you go full berserk mode and insult them in your initial ticket

You don't trust my words? Well, don't then. I am not forcing them on you

Funny thing, i never be charged. But my best friends sufferd on that.

18 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

It actually is. That Platinum is no longer valid because the person that initially bought it got a refund. So that plat needs to go away. Again, don't immediately spend the plat you got in a trade. Wait a few days to make sure you still have it.

That makes no sense. You traded for it. So you lost something and gained plat. Then if that plat goes away you just lost something. That's extremely unfair to traders. That's like totally bonkers. I mean do I have to watch my platinum value every time I log in to see if I might have lost 10 or 20? What the ff man I can't be arsed to do that. Will you be contacted that the plat has been subtracted so you can do something about it? I mean let's say you sell a riven mod for 400 plat. You lose the plat, but you also lost the riven mod. Will DE give you your riven mod back?

Best solution: no refunds.

The blame goes to the scammers and nowhere else.

Financial scammers make life difficult fort eh rest of the world, I work in the Fraud industry, and the 'innocent' pay for all the scams.

DE is under no obligation to just throw money away, if they did, things would get out of hand pretty fast.

Just like anytime a consumer gets scammed, you can work with the company (DE) to get it fixed, it just takes time and energy.

But lets lay the blame where it belongs - The Scammers.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Zimzala:

The blame goes to the scammers and nowhere else.

Financial scammers make life difficult fort eh rest of the world, I work in the Fraud industry, and the 'innocent' pay for all the scams.

DE is under no obligation to just throw money away, if they did, things would get out of hand pretty fast.

Just like anytime a consumer gets scammed, you can work with the company (DE) to get it fixed, it just takes time and energy.

But lets lay the blame where it belongs - The Scammers.

i agree with that to 100%. But it seems that the scammers don't get punsihed so easily as we think... thats why i created this topic, every player should have atleast a warning and the risk of a trading.

7 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Best solution: no refunds.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200183300-Platinum-FAQ

Just like *any* online service, once a product has been used, refunds are no longer available. Specifically, if you have purchased Platinum/Prime Access packs and then spent the Platinum or used the items included we cannot offer a refund for the package. Please also note that refunds are only available for a limited time after the purchase.

What these people are doing is a chargeback via their card providers. 

9 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I mean let's say you sell a riven mod for 400 plat.

Thats your first mistake. No Riven mod imo is worth that much platinum. Two, DE does not enforce trades, you do so at your own risk. When you're throwing that much plat around you're asking yourself for trouble.

Guys... i don't understand the people that justify how DE manage this system.

1) Why i spent plat just after i have traded for it? Cause i take the plat and i use as i want, in any universe and time, if something is mine, is mine. When you guys take your salary, you waith some day just to be sure the money are real? Of course NO. If i have money i spent as i prefere.

2) Leave platinum in the account to be sure your balance will be positive. Why? if i have 100 plat, i want to spent 100 plat. If having 100 plat means i can spent 50 is a fraud.

3) If the payment system has problem with bad people, why should be punish the good people for this? The problem is between bad people and DE.

Otherwise... i've traded a lot, and something like this never happened to me since now.

If i may suggest some trick to avoid bad surprises i say this:

-) Avoid extremely advantage trade, especially when people buy super-overpriced thing. Maybe you could be lucky, but remeber thar's always someone smarter than you.

-) Avoid trade a lot of platinum with low level tenno. Maybe i'm wrong, but when people rank 2 want to buy 500 platinum of item, i prefer to avoid the trade

-) Use the "warframe market" instead of the chat. Yes, you sell thing at low price than the trading chat, and you buy at high price than trading chat, but a people with a lot positive review in the market, will be sure better than an unknow random tenno.

2 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

No one cares what you think something is worth. People pay that much for Riven mods, therefore they're worth that much.

high quality GIF

I mean if someone is willing to pay that much for it more power to them. But trading that much platinum in one transaction is just asking for trouble.

Just now, -Lekismon said:

i agree with that to 100%. But it seems that the scammers don't get punsihed so easily as we think... thats why i created this topic, every player should have atleast a warning and the risk of a trading.

Welcome to reality.

Life does not come with warning labels, IME.

The people that need them never really seem to read them anyway, IME.

If you are mature enough to play games online with other people, then IMO you are mature enough to understand not everything in life is safe.

The scammers do get punished, they get banned as well, but they use throwaway accounts in the first place, they plan for it.

No one can magically make bad actors go away, if only.

Reminding people about it is fine and all, but trying to scare people out of trading, not so much, IMO.

🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Welcome to reality.

Life does not come with warning labels, IME.

The people that need them never really seem to read them anyway, IME.

If you are mature enough to play games online with other people, then IMO you are mature enough to understand not everything in life is safe.

The scammers do get punished, they get banned as well, but they use throwaway accounts in the first place, they plan for it.

No one can magically make bad actors go away, if only.

Reminding people about it is fine and all, but trying to scare people out of trading, not so much, IMO.

🤷‍♂️

Bla bla bla blaissimo....

If you are a decent company, you don't give platinum if you don't have money in your hand. Since you allow payment method with "yes don't worry, in the future i will surely give you the money", of course we have this problem.

If they can't avoid this type of payment, they could still avoid the use of platinum since they payment is not confirmed.

Archived