Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battle pass

Lwinn

19 минут назад, Cerikus сказал:

because it makes no money.

I'd like to see documented proof to this statement.

The seasons/intermissions are getting exponentially longer.

I believe it's due to dev teams ambition to implement complicated stories and new mechanics to non intermissions is what extends Nightwave's development time. From the battle passes that I've seen, the only thing they add is more resources and an occasional exclusive cosmetic and that's it.

DE add monetization -> people buy it -> it makes money -> DE have a reason to make new seasons as soon as possible to make money -> we get new seaons -> game good.

This isn't how it works...? Throwing more money or people at the problem won't necessarily make Nightwave come out faster or become better.

2 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

How many games with battlepasses have you actually played that you know it so well?

They are a generalized area. Let's get Genshin on the radar. 5 exclusive weapons. NO OTHER way to obtain them. Now, you bring up a valid counter-reason, where you encountered a fair Battle pass!

The main issue with these BPs are still the same, they are 'content' without actual content. In my opinion, the most lazy thing to grab money with. And it can be spammed mindlessly. Purely disgusting and i hate it that it is a valid 'content' for games. Bait, nothing more.

11 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Do you have any proof that i will get more loot?

What if DE decide to nerf the free section and put everything in the paying section?

Can you guarantee that they won't? Do you work at DE?

DE have a track record of NOT maintaining various aspects in warframe, even the ones that give them money.

Can you guarantee that if it give money to DE, they will maintain it? Do you work at DE? If you do work at DE, can you convince steve and the whole team to guarantee it?

sorry, dude. You're so adamant on defending this, yet all of these arguments only make sense in your own head. They're just your opinion. I'm here to tell you that it doesn't sound as convincing in our ears.

==========

And lastly, seems you fail to understand that nw is not a moneymaker like battlepass in other games.

it's a hook.

the main function is to keep players coming back. Like wait times. And teach them about various activities in warframe.

it doesn't even have same function as conventional battlepass.

I cannot guarantee anything dude, but according to your argumentation, DE should just stop doing everything. What if the next update will be bad? What if it will make the game worse instead of better. 

DE have a pretty politive trackrecord. Usually there choices are playerfriendly and if they make an error, the community lets them know. 

What if it bad? is not a good argument, because: What if it good?

—-

yes it is a hook, but it shouldn’t be

4 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Giving people a choice to buy a pass in a free to play game IS player-friendly.

You call it a choice, but once developers decide to put exclusive stuff behind a paywall it becomes an illusion. 

We already have Nightwave, which, while not perfect, does not lock any content behind a paywall.

Why instead of a paid nightwave don't we care for REAL content. Skins are not content, nightwave itself its not content. I'm speaking about new maps, new enemies, new mods, new weapons, new frames, new game modes.

Gameplay related content, not cosmetic content, specially if said cosmetic content will be behind a paywall that its not for all players, but for a few ones.

Battle passes are the most lazy way to extend a product life, and its used for that, extend a product life and monetize over already prebuilt stuff on games without evergreen monetized things.

12 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

DE make money only from plat purchases, prime access, unvaulting, exćusive bundles, tennogen. Nightwave had not interaction with any of this.

I kinda don't agree. Companies are driven by profit. Just look at CP77. The devs knew it was unshipable, but they did and the reason was money.

If I paid you everytime you draw a circle, but it would have to be a perfect circle, otherwise I wouldn’t pay you, how often would you draw me a circle?

It is exactly how it works. Nightwave doesnt make money, so they can easily let the intermission to last another 6 months and they won’t lose a cent.

22 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

Division 2

48 minutes ago, Azemater2 said:

As in every game, the paid content is always more full and beautiful. Warframe will do the best if it does this.

38 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

One simple reason. Nightwave is one of the best things Warframe has. 
If they add additional paid track (unpurchasable with plat) for 10 dollars and each season will have exactly 60 ranks.
We will get that season, because they will want the money. Money is a reason to develop a content. Nightwave has been abandoned exactly for that reasons.

I literally do not get people who don't want it. Even if you will not pay for the second track, you WILL get more loot, because the seasons will be more often and better.

It is very simple.

That isn't an explanation as to how a paid battlepass solves running out of things to do nor what it even has to do with "endgame" players. You would get it, finish it, and be back to having no reasons to play the game. And just like Nightwave itself it literally can't appeal to "endgame" players because of how the community and DE are where it can't posses challenge that would push away casual players.

And it has nothing to do with not wanting it it's the point that we literally already have this for free. There is no reason to add another layer of battlepass to the game when they could just continue to develop Nightwave. And just because it would be a paid feature doesn't even guarantee that it would get more or better content that Nightwave.  Just consider how little PA/V has changed over the years despite the years of feedback and it being one of DE's primary income sources.

Then there is the overwhelming negative PR the game and DE would get for such a feature. When Nightwave gets put on hold for several months with no updates for them to drop a new paid version.

A paid tier of Nightwave for what? You can get almost anything Nightwave offers with platinum directly inside the game or on the market from other players. Nightwave is the FREE alternative to a paid standard.

And don't push this BS of paid Battle pass, because it's a rip-off in itself. You can get every cosmetic by spending money as it is.

Some of you enjoy to be cash cows for lazy studios ... smh.

1 hour ago, Cerikus said:

It is exactly how it works. Nightwave doesnt make money, so they can easily let the intermission to last another 6 months and they won’t lose a cent.

My man, maybe it's time to take a step back and actually read all the comments here. Slowly. And try to understand where the majority stands. You don't have to agree, just need to understand.

You and OP might interested in idea of PAYING to get stuff. And you have the rights to think like that. But most people here seems like to be more interested in PLAYING to get stuff. And you can't blame us to think like that.

You seem to focus much on the economy side of arguments. Again, nw is a "hook". The main intention is to make players come back to login. Like wait times. Not to straight up make money. If players keep playing warframe, they might buy platinums at some point. That's the main idea of "hooks" in videogames.

2 minutes ago, Azemater2 said:

What if paid NW had platinum as a reward? What if you can get the platinum back from there?

Paid nightwave wont be purchasable for plat, the same way prime accessories are IRL money only. There wont be a "get platinum back" because there wont be a "pay plat" to begin with.

Just now, Azemater2 said:

What if it's platinum in paid NW? What if you could get the platinum back from there?

Even ignoring discounts and what you already get from prime access, it is possible to just trade for plat. For free.

11 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

My man, maybe it's time to take a step back and actually read all the comments here. Slowly. And try to understand where the majority stands. You don't have to agree, just need to understand.

You and OP might interested in idea of paying to get stuff. And you have the rights to think like that. But most people here seems like to be more interested in playing to get stuff. And you can't blame us to think like that.

You seem to focus much on the economy side of arguments. Again, nw is a hook. The main intention is to make players come back to login. Not to straight up make money. If players keep playing warframe, they might buy platinums at some point. That's the main idea of hooks in videogames.

Ah I see. Trying to focus on the economy side when DE is a company and Warframe is their product they use to make profit was really too much. How did I dare to do such a thing. Trying to think like a game developer.

I guess I will rather take my leave.

2 hours ago, FURYDANCE said:

no.

warframe already costs enough money and time

I get that the grind takes a lot of time, but how does the game take “enough money”? There is nothing in the game you need money to get other than tennogen cosmetics :/

27 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Companies are driven by profit. Just look at CP77. The devs knew it was unshipable, but they did and the reason was money.

Here, i have this bread, but it's missing it's yeast yet, and i have not put it in the oven. But it's edible! Trust me, please buy it! - Pre-orders and other whales are the ones allowing this kind of mentality to exist in the first place.

1 minute ago, KittySkin said:

Paid nightwave wont be purchasable for plat, the same way prime accessories are IRL money only. There wont be a "get platinum back" because there wont be a "pay plat" to begin with.

Well, Dauntless has that kind of Battle Pass, and i heard it works out, since you get 950 plat from the BP and you need just as much to buy it, so once you buy it and don't spend elsewhere, you have endless BP. Might work, but i'm not behind that idea.

1 hour ago, Azemater2 said:

Don't take it if you don't want to, but this tour adds to the game. My rank is 30 and I have nothing to do.

1. Don't type in such annoying text, it just irritates people.
2. You may be MR 30 but you only have 700 hours played, so that's your fault for rushing the game and sitting in Hydron for hours. You haven't even maxed your Vox Solaris, go and do that and collect all the arcanes seeing as you haven't done Scarlet Spear or Eidolons either. And if you bought them instead, that's your fault again for rushing.

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

Ah I see. Trying to focus on the economy side when DE is a company and Warframe is their product they use to make profit was really too much. How did I dare to do such a thing. Trying to think like a game developer.

I don't think the economic side its not important, but as a game designer I can asure you that its not the only one to measure.

When you design a game, you have to weight some stuff.

How much pleasure a player gets. How hard is the player punished for mistakes. How is your economic strategy fitting in this equation. And so on.

While you are right, they need to make money, they also need to consider the short and long term impact of a monetization.

Seeing this thread, while it seems like a good idea on paper, the backlash and PR mess caused by it will outweight the net gains in the long term, so even if it looks like a good idea, in the long run it wont be as good.

6 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

Here, i have this bread, but it's missing it's yeast yet, and i have not put it in the oven. But it's edible! Trust me, please buy it! - Pre-orders and other whales are the ones allowing this kind of mentality to exist in the first place.

Well, Dauntless has that kind of Battle Pass, and i heard it works out, since you get 950 plat from the BP and you need just as much to buy it, so once you buy it and don't spend elsewhere, you have endless BP. Might work, but i'm not behind that idea.

Well, I wont be opossed to a BP that can be bought for plat and return enough plat to rebuy it, its a plat sinc since some people wont be completing it (on the same stupid fashion they dont complete regular nightwave), so its useful for DE as a company to remove plat from circulation, it act as a hook for players and its actually players friendly too.

Its not ideal, but if its added as a second nightwave layer, like IDK, double NW credits, replacing cosmetica with the plat and adding an extra umbra forma at rank 30, im up for that.

6 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

You don't seem to understand that game design is not only about making money. If you pressure players to spend too much they will just go look for cheaper alternatives.

First and foremost developers need to make sure their game is interesting, otherwise no amount of monetization is going to keep the game alive. A recent example – Marvel's Avengers. Before the release majority of news I heard concerned the game's monetization and all the skins it had from all the sponsors, yet despite all that it seems to be on its last legs.

19 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Look, I'm not trying to say that you're wrong. I'm just saying, defending something so hard without preparing for possibilities that others will see it differently will get you into a lot of trouble in the future.

You want to asses the problem from business point of view, go ahead. But also consider that any good business know that the business itself should come second.

For restaurants, good food should always come before business. For hardware manufacturers, quality should come first. For game developers, good game should come first. That's why we have so many trash games nowadays, cuz publishers just analyze everything from business perspective and don't care about player experience.

You can have opinions. But taking it for granted, like it's the obvious solution that nobody should oppose, rarely ends well.

Archived