Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parazon Rework: 30.5 Update!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2021-06-20 at 6:35 PM, alseltas said:

I really really want to enjoy this tactic but 50% chance to get the effect forces me hesitate. Energy could be mine only with a 50% possibility. 

I don't see why they even consider this a player choice in the first place, we have energy pizzas that we can just drop at any time.

I have said earlier that we will most likely never use mercy kill with this poor selection of eligible targets which are the only one we never want to get close to (because they are the only one designed to be detrimental at close range).

But there is something even more fundamental : mercy kill (as it is right now and as this workshop want it will to become) will never be a viable option to kill enemies because Warframe is a HORDES shooter/slasher. This whole game is designed to face HORDES of enemies. By definition, spending time to kill a single target is the worst choice for the player.

In a situation where we are facing a group of enemies, with one or maybe two of them open to a mercy kill, the player will more likely prefer to keep shooting or melee attacking the whole group instead of single picking the mercy target. Because this is FASTER and more EFFICIENT. As long as mercy kills are contradictory with these two keywords (which are the keywords the game enforced to us for years), there will always be a problem.

But obviously the mercy kill can shine on another aspect : supporting the main gameplay (namely : killing everything). This is the reason parazon mods exist. But then again, these mods are too lackluster and too inconsistent to be a viable choice for the player.

Risking to come into contact with targets that the player don't want to come close to and wasting time not killing other enemies should be way more rewarding. If we are trading speed and efficiency for them, we should obtain way more advantages than mere 50% chance of really negligible bonuses (especially when a lot of better/safer/faster options exist).

And finally : the laziness of execution. I'll speak for myself here but i'm sure i'm not the only one, but when i spam melee attacks or drown groups of enemies with bullets, i don't want to release the button to perform mercy kills. It's just easier to keep doing that until everything drop dead. For this point, i would love to be able to map mercy kill on primary fire and/or melee attack. This way, it would be way more fluid to execute these while doing our usual stuff.

I'm not seeing anything here that would make me consider mercy kills. Effects are too weak, not guaranteed and/or there are better alternatives.

Hard Reset is little more than a band aid to another issue (poor durability and aoe vulnerability of sentinels). Requiring three kills within a time limit is nonsense too considering how hard it is to get mercy kills. Likely not possible to get while in a group.

Malicious Code only has 50% chance to activate making an already questionable effect completely worthless.

Power Drain only affects one cast making the difficulty and time lost on the kill not really worth it in most cases.

Am 24.6.2021 um 11:18 schrieb Unimira:

Hard Reset is little more than a band aid to another issue (poor durability and aoe vulnerability of sentinels). Requiring three kills within a time limit is nonsense too considering how hard it is to get mercy kills. Likely not possible to get while in a group.

when I read 40 seconds for 3 kills, I almost had to laugh .....
was it tested at all ...?

also: if sentinel has died 3 times, it is always gunned down! happens to me too and I even have aura with armor / health for him .......

On 2021-06-19 at 3:13 PM, Lutesque said:

What if you are capable of Clearing the Fodder but don't want to do that ?

As for promoting issue.... How would I know which Prompt is the Right Prompt ? Should I play Solo and Pause the game and verify I'm about to Mercy to the right enemy 🤔?

Are you... are you being sarcastic here? If you're capable of clearing the fodder and want to mercy a specific enemy (who you clearly want to target because of either their higher resistance or threat) then not doing so is a conscious decision on your part. Deciding not to is entirely up to you, but it objectively impedes your end goal.

As for recognizing which prompt, you kinda get a popup on any enemy vulnerable to finishers - mercy or otherwise. I do not mean the red diamond above their head, I mean the literal "(button) Finisher" or "(button) Mercy" prompt that shows up on individual enemies as they are both within range and "selected" as your activation target. The prompt only shows on one enemy at a time and it has been this way since well before finishers were so restricted. If you want to solo and try to do it that way, you'll very quickly find the prompt immediately disappears upon pausing.

Please think before responding, this time.

Well… who cares? Is it better? Sure. But there is no reason to use it. Honestly, unless using it increases damage and/or survivability for a duration after the kill, it is pointless. This ain’t Doom. This is mass slaughter of garbage with unlimited resources. Why waste time in animations for 1 kill?

Even with maxed out Zenurik and r5 Arcane Energize, it is possible to run out of energy.  And those complaining about messing with the "flow" of combat might want to consider that breaking up that flow with different types of activities is probably healthier for gameplay than holding E and LMB with your Ignis Wraith for hours on end.

I'm optimistic about this update.  As it stands, I only interact with the mercy system when hunting liches or if a NW challenge for it rolls around, forcing me to use a weirdly modded Cernos Prime for max impact chance.  The system has promise, and this update could push it in the right direction.

Malicious Code should be the same range as out of sight only reasoning is because theirs 2 types of players one that's trying to get enimies ai to back off and 1 that's trying to freeze enimies AI. 50% chance is kinda understandable but still not as useful as 100% blind might as well make it 10sec instead of 8sec because of the 50%chance Or get rid of the 50% chance stupidity. Cause freezing enemy ai is way more. Useful than making them. Cower and hide behind structures for bullet protection. 

I think the flat hp requirement at high levels might be a bit too much, since the whole point of an execution is that your damage output struggles against that enemy and you want them dead on the spot. I don't think instant killing is a problem, since it's from 40% and only affects elites. Without the flat HP cap, this system would be perfect.

These changes are by far the most disappointing out of the entire update. It shows DE is still incapable of listening to their community despite claiming that they're good at it.

Mercy Kills should just be 50% faster, no need to add a mod to fix how slow the kills are. The devs somehow completely forgot about the Parazon mod "Out of Sight" which blinds enemies within 18m on Mercy, which is just straight up better than Malicious Code. 75% less damage while hacking means literally nothing, most people go void mode to hack. Hard Reset will never be used unless you're in solo and using a very specific build.

These changes feel like spitballing ideas from someone who isn't that versed in the game and doesn't understand the actual issues, and makes mods as bandaids instead of fixing a bad system. On top of that, the only part of the game (very late steel path) where these Mercy Kills would become viable, you decided to place a restriction so now it'll STILL be unusable! Do the devs play the game at all?

Good job making Impact even MORE worthless, I guess. You could've saved a lot of time and just made mercy kills 50% faster across the board and made these enemies have a 5-10 second window before death when they hit 0% HP where they stumble and are Mercy killable. Then gave impact an actually useful effect.

18 hours ago, Viomi said:

The devs somehow completely forgot about the Parazon mod "Out of Sight" which blinds enemies within 18m on Mercy, which is just straight up better than Malicious Code.

On the one hand, I find it incredible that people can't take the blatant nominative context clue of "Malicious Code" and figure out that it's almost certainly on hack whereas OoS is on Mercy.

On the other hand, Ivara still doesn't Concentrate her bow's Arrows with Concentrated Arrow, so there's always room to doubt DE logic. :clem:

On 2021-06-18 at 5:49 PM, MasterControl said:

If you want Parazon finishers to be more reliable, enemies *need* to enter a stagger state in which they are immune to damage for a short time when they die, similar to Thralls or Larvae. The time can even be shorter than Larvae, requiring quick action and for you to be paying attention. Otherwise, no matter how high you whack up the percentage for when an enemy is mercy eligible, it doesn't change that enemies at most reasonable levels will be dead in one to two hits and won't be able to be mercied by somebody who isn't fishing for it solo. I appreciate what you're trying to do, but overall I think this will be a fairly minor change for the majority of content.

this + 3 more separate slots for mercy killing, so we can have a combo of 3 hacking ones and 3 for finishers

8 часов назад, DealerOfAbsolutes сказал:

That trailer for Halo Infinite is hype.

I have no idea what are you talking about, I only played Combat Evolved years ago and didn't bother with other parts.

I think the ones who love this series are console players, in my country there weren't many consoles in those years, so I don't think much about this series at all.

On 2021-07-06 at 7:53 AM, BloodRavenCap said:

I have no idea what are you talking about, I only played Combat Evolved years ago and didn't bother with other parts.

I think the ones who love this series are console players, in my country there weren't many consoles in those years, so I don't think much about this series at all.

The new Halo trailer has him using a ripline grappling hook thing, for context.

On 2021-07-01 at 1:32 PM, TheLexiConArtist said:

On the one hand, I find it incredible that people can't take the blatant nominative context clue of "Malicious Code" and figure out that it's almost certainly on hack whereas OoS is on Mercy.

On the other hand, Ivara still doesn't Concentrate her bow's Arrows with Concentrated Arrow, so there's always room to doubt DE logic. :clem:

So they made an on hack mod as one of the very few mods added in order to make Mercy kills more viable?

That's somehow even worse.

2 hours ago, Viomi said:

So they made an on hack mod as one of the very few mods added in order to make Mercy kills more viable?

That's somehow even worse.

What's worse is that, judging by the patch notes, it turns out that it actually is an On Mercy trigger. So it's misleading by name, and completely redundant because Out of Sight already existed!

Tried playing around with the Akbronco Prime in the Simulacrum against Heavy Gunners and its gimmicky.

Tap a few times to get the Mercy prompt and Blood for Ammo replenishes the magazine for you so you never have to reload. Can string a few kills together for style points if you open with AOE CC, but it's not practical.

In practice, if the mercy icon appears, but not the prompt and you press x, you get stuck reloading which opens yourself to getting killed.

In a normal mission, not every unit is a heavy unit, so you'll be stuck reloading a lot.

On 2021-06-18 at 5:49 PM, MasterControl said:

If you want Parazon finishers to be more reliable, enemies *need* to enter a stagger state in which they are immune to damage for a short time when they die, similar to Thralls or Larvae. The time can even be shorter than Larvae, requiring quick action and for you to be paying attention. Otherwise, no matter how high you whack up the percentage for when an enemy is mercy eligible, it doesn't change that enemies at most reasonable levels will be dead in one to two hits and won't be able to be mercied by somebody who isn't fishing for it solo. I appreciate what you're trying to do, but overall I think this will be a fairly minor change for the majority of content.

I agree with you completely. Let the job already done stay as is but just add a pre-death state for mercy kills for some seconds.

The only mod that made me try all that parazon thing is [Power Drain]. Let me share my experience of 2 days playing around that:

First of all that kind of buff mods are only matter for me with Warframes that have endless duration abilities: Wisp - Motes, Ivara - Modded Strings and drain auras of any frames that can last indefinitely.

These mods are for endless stationary missions to max the effects of those abilities.

When in group I had to move away from the held position where no team mates will "help" me with killing. Usually that means out of affinity range. Then seek out spawning more or less reliably after minute 5 special units. 

When you find one - you can't use slash procs - they just don't let you use the parazon action (it usually ends with the death of the target). Some people say that any "panic" animation blocks parazon action. In order to mercy kill I switch to GAZE kitgun, which is much weaker than some other cool secondary weapons. I use only Corrosive procs (no fire, toxin, etc) so that enemy won't be staggered or "in panic" and lower the health gradually while being exposed to other enemies around to catch that moment to use parazon and not kill the enemy in the process (and even this fails pretty often as Gaze has innate radiation that draws aggro from other enemies that stagger my target).

So I have 2 suggestions:
1. On death mercy state for some seconds (as suggested above)
2. Fix the Parazon Action because right now it is bugged when enemy is under some debuff effects (maybe just damaging over time, maybe panic and stagger animations, not sure but sometimes you have to spam the action button to fish that chance - I mean if the reward was +300% power str, I would do it and build around this feature)

P.S."[Blood For Energy] has to be 100%, it has to be Reliable since finding the parazon target is already Unreliable"
P.P.S"3 slots for Mercy and 3 slots for Hacking as 2 separate raws would be dope (4+4 would be even better but hey, u can't have it all at once)"

Archived